Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 7, 2017 4:14 PM

Jun 2015
Pretty good first episode. The art and animation looks very good. Lupin is quite the talented thief. He kidnapped Cardia, who, whatever she touches, gets poisoned. All because of her father.
Oct 7, 2017 4:38 PM

May 2014
Mehh.
I've already played the VN so I was curious about how they were gonna do this, but honestly I don't think there's any point in me watching a slightly uglier, condensed version of a really good Otome game...because it's only gonna be 12 episodes and that's gonna be a bit of a squeeze imo.

It was nice hearing Cardia have a voice though! Hopefully the anime gets her character right, because in the game, she's easily one of the best Otome leads out there.
Also Cardia be sleeping on Impey when he's actually best boy
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2017 4:40 PM

Feb 2017
One of my favourite first episodes so far of this season. I thought all the characters were great. I really like Lupin, who seems like a loveable rogue type chap.

And Cardia is an absolute cutie. I hope she finds a home with the boys.

The outfits are AWESOME. I love the steampunk look of them.

And the chemistry between Lupin/Cardia is adorable. I WILL GO DOWN WITH THIS SHIP
'I love you because you're you. I'm happy that you're whole. I don't care if there are sides of you that I don't know, or don't like. If that's who you are, that's fine. As long as you're whole, that's enough for me.'-Kouko Kaga
Oct 7, 2017 5:51 PM

Dec 2014
Aresne? Steal your heart? Am I watching a Persona anime? xD
Oct 7, 2017 7:45 PM
Jan 2015
Deafness said:
I'm a bit confused with how the poison works. Hopefully they explain it soon.

Her poison will affect anyone and anything that touches her skin. Her clothes are specially made to not be affected
Oct 7, 2017 7:47 PM
Jan 2015
MOB_ABOMINATOR said:
she is going to die i can feel it ,another ship wreck i guess

Spoiler

She's not.
Oct 7, 2017 7:52 PM
Jan 2015
hollowjeff said:

No,the plot of this existed way before persona 5
Oct 7, 2017 7:59 PM

May 2017
Kyleigh said:
hollowjeff said:

so you've read the manga?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2017 8:25 PM

Oct 2008
Silly, Persona 5 invented Arsene Lupin. Good to see references of that game already.

>User since 2008
Please god help me quit this website.

Such great community that doesn't even know how demographics work, AND gives """detailed"""" reviews after first episodes.

Oct 7, 2017 8:33 PM

Aug 2008
I had high expectation of it and I am glad I wasn't let down. It's early to tell, but pretty impressive for a first episode. I love cardia's design, her outfit is lovely.
Oct 7, 2017 9:56 PM

Jun 2014
Loved this VN and its story! So happy to see it it in anime form, hope they do a good job adapting it!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Oct 7, 2017 9:59 PM

Oct 2007
I'm in love with the art style and quality. Not to mention the music is pretty well placed into scenes. Those costumes are beautiful, so is the mansion. That bedroom, phew, what colors!
Oct 7, 2017 11:11 PM
Jul 2018
Interesting. In Shoujo series, the female protagonist, almost never tends to be the, "supernatural monster". Sure, they can be possessed by a goddess or something, but they're never the, "shunned and isolated creature with a dangerous power".
Surprisingly enough, her design is really attractive and memorable.

I feel hesitant about this ep. It doesn't feel like much happened, but based on all the plot details, this may end up as a massive cluserf*ck. Nor did the main girl have any legit dialogue. Her reaction to everything was just, "Huh. That happened".
Oct 8, 2017 12:00 AM
Jan 2015
tsubasalover said:
Despite being a supportive character, I'm glad KajiKaji's character appeared at very beginning. His "London Bridge Falling Down" is creepy in good way.

The main girl is everyone's target because of what her father put in. No wonder her personality is like that, because she doesn't have any memory until 2 years ago.

Starts of her life in a mansion with 3 guys (or 4? because I heard there's one more that not appeared yet) who seems to be nice to her.

OP aired as ED.

theres actually five guys
Oct 8, 2017 12:02 AM
Jan 2015
bekeru said:
Silly, Persona 5 invented Arsene Lupin. Good to see references of that game already.

Not even close. The plot of this came way before persona 5. Plus Lupin is a historical figure
Oct 8, 2017 12:03 AM
Jan 2015
MOB_ABOMINATOR said:
Kyleigh said:

so you've read the manga?

no...its a game..
Oct 8, 2017 12:17 AM

Nov 2016
A reverse harem based around characters inspired by Victorian era literature? All right, I can get behind this. Definitely interested to see where this is going.

BTW, where can I get my own steampunk cyborg corgi?
Oct 8, 2017 2:34 AM
Sep 2013
This was quite a good first episode. It states a motive, or at least hints at it. Lupin and the gang want to protect Cardia from the British empire and other evil people. There's a gang called Twighlight after Cardia's powers. Cardia wants to know who her father is and what he does etc.

dammdd123Oct 8, 2017 2:41 AM
Oct 8, 2017 3:08 AM
Apr 2017
Beautiful mc but weak in narration... At least for now
Oct 8, 2017 6:32 AM

Oct 2008
Cardia Beckford most prettiest Hime-homunculus!
4/5.

Oct 8, 2017 7:24 AM

Aug 2007
So this is basically a shoujo with reverse harem. I can give an oportunity, looks interesting. So... is this anime fan of Lupin III?
Oct 8, 2017 8:26 AM
Mar 2012
Nice character designs esp Cardia, engineer, and cute corgi. Art maybe not Haine level but still pretty good. The amnesia cliche, finding father plot & gears design a bit concern (or just reminds of clockwork planet). The mystery identity & infinite energy sound like interesting premise.
Oct 8, 2017 11:05 AM

Jun 2016
Wow, the was unexpectedly good. I will follow this one with high interest this season. Reverse harems are a guilty pleasure of mine, even if most are cliché at best and just sad at worst. Code:Realize seem to stand out from norm, with likeable characters, a slightly mysterious and fairly interesting plot, and a heroine with a snow white innocent side and are dark deadly side with space for a lot of personal growth.

Not to mention the setting. If steampunk and victorian London had a baby it would look like that, and it´s a pretty goregous baby. I´m really digging Cardia´s outfit aswell, it certainly fits the theme of the show.

Looking forward to the rest, for some reason I don´t think it will dissapoint me :)
Oct 8, 2017 2:03 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
A mansion that holds a beautiful girl that ended up being stormed by the knights of London now thats interesting. So the girl in question has a condition that makes physical contact lethal then. The ambush of the convoy was pretty well planned but Arsene's entrance sure was funny. Never expected this team of thieves to have a mansion as their stronghold though. Cardia's father was a genius that revolutionized London then. Cardia's virus must really inconvenient her though. So Cardia has no memory of why the crystals were put in her then. Lupin see's a bit of his childhood in Cardia then. An interesting episode that introduced some really interesting cast of characters though.
Oct 8, 2017 3:43 PM

Jun 2014
Promising, so looking to see more.
Oct 8, 2017 6:19 PM
May 2013
I'm just...intensely disappointed because I didn't know this was a reverse harem going in. I thought it was going to be a dark Victorian romance with horror elements based on the description and opening scenes.. I had such high hopes for what Cardia's character could be and then she turned out to have zero personality like every other otome protagonist out there -_- I won't give this a bad rating just cause I can't stand reverse harems, it seems to be better than most and the animation is absolutely beautiful.. I'm just upset because this whole premise has so much potential if it were a different genre.
Oct 8, 2017 7:15 PM

Sep 2017
Colour me surprised. I had low hopes since otome game adaptations usually miss the mark, but this was a pretty solid first episode. I'm glad they're already getting into the chemistry between Cardia and Lupin. If they can find a way to keep the focus on him while still giving the other boys their day in the limelight, I'll be one happy C:R fan.
Oct 8, 2017 7:45 PM
May 2017
I like it but it is just the beginning so i dont have high hope much. The real deal will start from episode 3 ( preview 2 trailer) (this is when heroine grows her characterization). So to all those who out there lost their interest from first episode, keep on watching it until episode 3 and you will see miracle.
Oct 9, 2017 12:20 AM

Mar 2017
I love the steampunk vibes. The plot looks interesting enough, the art is beautiful. I don't mind having a girl surrounded by handsome boys. I hope that once she starts developing a personality (episodes 3 and further, based on the above post) I won't be let down.
Oct 9, 2017 12:56 AM

Oct 2008
sporkoon said:
I'm just...intensely disappointed because I didn't know this was a reverse harem going in. I thought it was going to be a dark Victorian romance with horror elements based on the description and opening scenes.. I had such high hopes for what Cardia's character could be and then she turned out to have zero personality like every other otome protagonist out there -_- I won't give this a bad rating just cause I can't stand reverse harems, it seems to be better than most and the animation is absolutely beautiful.. I'm just upset because this whole premise has so much potential if it were a different genre.

She is a blank character because she is a doll that had no positive connection with other humans most of her life (her own father says she should become an isolated monster), the entire episode nods to her personal growth in the future. The first episode changed some things from the original but Cardia no way in hell is bland and has no agency, she connects with more positive influence and becomes more capable every day. I don't know why some people expect full character development within the first episode, or couldn't see that the entire prologue here is a set up for a gloomy doll with no knowledge to become her own character.
>User since 2008

Such great community that doesn't even know how demographics work, AND gives """detailed"""" reviews after first episodes.

Oct 9, 2017 2:58 AM
Aug 2017
Really interesting so far! The characters are charming and have subtle hints at their mysterious past, the art is beautiful, and the music really pulls you into this melancholic and slightly adventorous atmosphere. really looking forward to seeing more
Oct 9, 2017 5:15 AM
May 2013
bekeru said:
sporkoon said:

She is a blank character because she is a doll that had no positive connection with other humans most of her life (her own father says she should become an isolated monster), the entire episode nods to her personal growth in the future. The first episode changed some things from the original but Cardia no way in hell is bland and has no agency, she connects with more positive influence and becomes more capable every day. I don't know why some people expect full character development within the first episode, or couldn't see that the entire prologue here is a set up for a gloomy doll with no knowledge to become her own character.

Ok ok, if she has massive character development later on that's great, but you gotta admit reverse harems don't have stellar track records for strong female characters. They're often purposely made to be kind of dull so that ordinary girls can project themselves onto them and imagine themselves as bishounen magnets. So when I see yet another blank slate + amnesia otome protagonist what am I supposed to think? I'll admit I'm probably being more critical because what I expected was so different from what I got. I'm trying to decide if I want to give it another shot, but this probably just isn't my cup of tea.
Oct 9, 2017 5:55 AM

Oct 2008
sporkoon said:
bekeru said:

[/spoiler]

Ok ok, if she has massive character development later on that's great, but you gotta admit reverse harems don't have stellar track records for strong female characters. They're often purposely made to be kind of dull so that ordinary girls can project themselves onto them and imagine themselves as bishounen magnets. So when I see yet another blank slate + amnesia otome protagonist what am I supposed to think? I'll admit I'm probably being more critical because what I expected was so different from what I got. I'm trying to decide if I want to give it another shot, but this probably just isn't my cup of tea.

I know that happens with some otome MCs because they want you to focus on the guys, I play them. However that's not the case with the original C:R because the heroine has it's own growth and exposition, and she's competent just like her bachelors. Granted, maybe the anime fails to convey her true character because of the rushed narrative (the original is a long VN), but I hope they do a better job later on with her. The introduction in the anime does it's necessary job(bare minimum) but in the game
. Some things are different already.

Anyway, maybe it's not your cup of tea and in the future the anime keeps failing to convey the MCs importance(I really hope not), but the original C:R it's vastly different from the average otome game.
>User since 2008

Oct 9, 2017 6:22 AM
Mar 2010
Do mine eyes deceive me? An Otomate anime after Hakuouki that is actually decent? Am I dreaming? Is this fake?

I...after Hiiro no Kakera, Norn9, BroCon (yes, Ema disappointed me), Amnesia and the like, this was a pleasant surprise! I hope to God this is a sign of things to come for the upcoming Nil Admirari anime as well!
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Oct 9, 2017 11:25 AM

Nov 2016
Tokoya said:
I like the setting but so far the show looks like it'll be decent at best but Lupin is really charming though

2nd that.

And of course he is, it's a shoujo after all xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 9, 2017 11:56 AM

Mar 2016
I thought it'd be a shounen, but I suppose a shoujo could be good... right? I wasn't really blown away by this first episode, but I like how it's based in London! I'm pretty sure the creators of this based it on Black Butler or are huge fans of it, because the three male mcs literally each look like 3 characters from black butler. Atleast it's not all posh here like annoying dick heads say England is!
Oct 9, 2017 12:57 PM
May 2013
bekeru said:
sporkoon said:
[/spoiler]

I know that happens with some otome MCs because they want you to focus on the guys, I play them. However that's not the case with the original C:R because the heroine has it's own growth and exposition, and she's competent just like her bachelors. Granted, maybe the anime fails to convey her true character because of the rushed narrative (the original is a long VN), but I hope they do a better job later on with her. The introduction in the anime does it's necessary job(bare minimum) but in the game
. Some things are different already.

Anyway, maybe it's not your cup of tea and in the future the anime keeps failing to convey the MCs importance(I really hope not), but the original C:R it's vastly different from the average otome game.

That's good to know! I might hold off until the end of the season and see how the people who played the VN like it then.. I think I'm having flashbacks to when I tried to watch the Norn9 anime (coolest airship ever, gorgeous art, couldn't even make it to where the plot picked up cause the characters had me bored out of my skull) and I just don't want to deal with something like that again haha..
Oct 9, 2017 6:50 PM

Jan 2013
Pretty nice setting.
Really enjoy this setting. Hope to get more answers in the next episode.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 9, 2017 7:41 PM
Jan 2015
sporkoon said:

I don’t think you can make that assumption on her personality yet since its only been one episode so far. Keep watching shes pretty awesome
Oct 10, 2017 3:08 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The plot was nice, but all this "pretty" and "cool" guys was the dissapoint for this series, because this style broken the narrative plot trying to do funny!!!
Oct 10, 2017 1:42 PM

Jun 2015
Surprised I did expect that this will be bad, however turned out to be okay reverse harem with accaptable art and somewhat interesting plot, kinda looking forward to next episode.
Oct 10, 2017 3:47 PM

Jan 2017
Did one of the Rokka, Aldet, escape here? hey, didnt see the shoujo tag before I watch it, but it was good for first ep.
Oct 10, 2017 5:40 PM

Jun 2013
well it wasn't that bad
Oct 10, 2017 7:44 PM
Jan 2016
I am really loving this anime after the first episode. As someone who is interested in steampunk style, I am impressed already. Also, the fact that Cardia already has shown the danger inside of her is really important. And I really like how they are making it like she doesn't know anything of what has happened. And she doesn't want to hurt anyone. The scene with Lupin at the end was really good when he found her with the dead dog. I am definitely interested in Lupin and I'm glad that they already are doing flashbacks with him. I'm very excited for next week's episode! ~ Hemera Carstairs
Oct 10, 2017 8:30 PM

Dec 2013
matias067 said:
Cardia Beckford most prettiest Hime-homunculus!
4/5.

Seriously, I find super funny its an Otome game yet I ended up with Cardia as my one true Waifu, she is the best, and as if that wasn't enough she is being voiced by one of my favorites VA, match made in heaven.
KanameYuukiOct 10, 2017 8:33 PM
Oct 11, 2017 2:23 PM

Jul 2009
Another Frankenstein in anime this season...
It was nice, Cardia is a lovable girl! Lupin is a bit full of himself, but he is likable.
Oct 12, 2017 3:43 AM

Apr 2007
Great first ep. I love the original VN to death, but seeing the anime meet my expectations is a pleasant surprise, especially after being disappointed by so many other Otome adaptations. Looking forward to Cardia's development into a strong-willed heroine.
Oct 12, 2017 2:49 PM

Jan 2014
I thought this was a horror at the start lmao. This is definitely a dark horse of the season. I noticed that the studio behind this hasn't made anything in 3 years. ...Interesting.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 13, 2017 9:34 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Not bad. I've always enjoyed the romanticized Elizabethan/Victorian setting.

Still not sure why the dog led her outside, I mean was there a point or was it just to for her to be like "I'm a monster"? Eh.

Lupin seems like a cool dude though.
Oct 13, 2017 12:08 PM
Jul 2018
Meh. Mediocre start at best. I'm only satisfied with the steampunk dose and how pretty this anime looks. Nevertheless, I'll continue watching. The guy that appears in the short post-credits scene is the one I want to see more of, because the rest of the cast are really uninteresting for me so far.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code:Realize: Sousei no Himegimi Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2017

45 by Zekkenshin »»
Aug 12, 2023 6:57 PM

Poll: » Code:Realize: Sousei no Himegimi Episode 8 Discussion

tsubasalover - Nov 25, 2017

32 by Zekkenshin »»
Aug 11, 2023 11:21 PM

Poll: » Code:Realize: Sousei no Himegimi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2017

51 by Zekkenshin »»
Jul 3, 2023 1:32 PM

Poll: » Code:Realize: Sousei no Himegimi Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

21 by Azu »»
Feb 6, 2022 9:40 AM

Poll: » Code:Realize: Sousei no Himegimi Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2017

25 by Punkero »»
Dec 7, 2021 6:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.