Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Altair: A Record of Battles
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2017 11:05 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ayşe Armut has so much responsibility to bear in this show...
It's almost hard to imagine what she's going through.

Mahmut has impressed me in these recent episodes including this one as well. He brings hope for his people and I think they appreciate him for that. A lot of human emotions this episode but I guess that's what war and drama brings. Ayse is also showing a kinder side to Orhan.

Pretty good way to set up for the remainder second cour of this season.
Oct 6, 2017 12:19 PM

Nov 2016
I'm glad Mahmut could convince everyone to let Fatma stay alive. That scene was quite dramatic and I felt sorry for her son.

Also cool that Torqye finally plans to go actively against the Empire, Mahmut could redeem his honor and also got granted with a new position.

Hope the second half won't disappoint.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 6, 2017 12:31 PM

Feb 2012
Oh man Mahmuto Pasha Hazretleri is back.

Nice of them to keep the young lad's mom alive even tho she should have been strangled as well.

That blonde guy savage shoot his dad in the head.
Oct 6, 2017 12:38 PM

Jun 2015
I didn't think Ayşe Armut was going to participate in the battle. Mahmut did very well in this episode. It was nice of him to keep Fatma alive. The little boy can be with his mother. Because of his actions, he has been reinstated as pasha.
Oct 6, 2017 12:53 PM

Jun 2014
Ismail had no problems killing his dad lol, he really didn't give a shit. I thought Fatma's "death" scene was done well, i really believed she was going to die but Mahmut is too good-natured for that. It's awesome to see that Mahmut is a pasha again, let's see what kind of contributions he makes in the 2nd cour.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 6, 2017 2:15 PM

Sep 2013
Ismail taking advantage to rise to sultan and mahmut saving fatma from dying cause that kid will be filled with revenge afterwards.
Reinstated as pasha and gets a foreign ambassador role.
Oct 6, 2017 2:56 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Our boy is back at the top of the game.

I really want to see that smug Empire schemer get punched in the mouth.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 6, 2017 3:15 PM

Aug 2013
Man, I'm really appreciating the development that's going on in this series now. 2 cours was perfect for this series. Mahmut is back in the game fam.
Don't believe the hype.
Oct 6, 2017 4:35 PM

May 2015
Mahmut is back in the game and even better than before. It's been a decent first cour of this show.

Oct 6, 2017 4:47 PM

Apr 2013
Since last episode got me all fired up I read the manga... so this excitement has been numbed down significantly but in any case this was very eventful.

They accomplished a lot in this episode but it doesn't feel rushed. I can't wait for more episode. This series will only pick up from here.

Oct 6, 2017 5:44 PM

Jul 2009
Balaban was a bitch but I still feel salty that he's dead T-T
Oct 6, 2017 7:44 PM

Dec 2012
Mahmut is becoming more pragmatic without actually changing his philosophy. I like it.
Oct 6, 2017 8:20 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

Ismail killed his dad without as much as an after thought.

I'm really really glad that Mahmut chose to let Sulta Fatma live, I honestly felt really bad for the kid who was caught up in all this and upto the very last moment I was hoping that he would not have to see his Mom die in front of him.
Job well done Mahmut and I loved the little speech he gave after letting her live claiming that he would not even allow the Divan to fiddle with his decisions. The entire scene was handled incredibly well and what more, respect for Mahmut.

Glad to see Mahmut becoming a Pasha again and the last scene with him exchanging a few words with Zaganos Pasha was really nice.

Looking forward to the 2nd cour.
Oct 6, 2017 9:17 PM
Oct 2007
The aftermath might not be very climactic but I still enjoyed watching this episode nonetheless. Loved it!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2017 9:48 PM
Apr 2016
Mahmut's Pasha hat isn't as big as his old one! :(
Phosphophyllite is best gem
Oct 6, 2017 10:12 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Lelouch0202 said:
Great episode again.

Ismail killed his dad without as much as an after thought.

I'm really really glad that Mahmut chose to let Sulta Fatma live, I honestly felt really bad for the kid who was caught up in all this and upto the very last moment I was hoping that he would not have to see his Mom die in front of him.
Job well done Mahmut and I loved the little speech he gave after letting her live claiming that he would not even allow the Divan to fiddle with his decisions. The entire scene was handled incredibly well and what more, respect for Mahmut.

Glad to see Mahmut becoming a Pasha again and the last scene with him exchanging a few words with Zaganos Pasha was really nice.

Looking forward to the 2nd cour.
My thoughts exactly, this second half is about to be lit AF

Oct 6, 2017 11:03 PM

May 2015
Ahhh! So many things happened...AGAIN!

Mahmut spared Fatma's life, because if they killed her, her son would never forgive them and the four sultans would not be united as Mahmut wanted them to be. Now that's a leader for you! And Aishe will watch over the young prense. What a beautiful conclusion! Shed those tears people!

Mahmut becomes Pasha again and also becomes the first minister of foreign affairs. And the best part is, Zaganos approves!

It looks like the 2nd cour is where Mahmut will begin his advances on the Empire. With what he's learned in his past travels, it looks like he's ready to take them on. Time to get political!
TarotistNov 14, 2017 7:02 AM
Oct 7, 2017 12:06 AM

Sep 2016
this is great point to end the season, but they keep going to 2nd cour anyway, nice. I already completely forget everything in the manga past this point, that a big plus for me.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 7, 2017 1:59 AM

Feb 2014
With the help of Zaganos Pasha's connections, Mahamut has finally his own power allies. Heh, talk about a kid getting his own gifts. XD
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Oct 7, 2017 2:38 AM

Apr 2016
Lol i just love how that blonde guy Ismail kill his father , his father was not worth as sultan
BRAWLERS
Oct 7, 2017 5:26 AM

Aug 2013
Good episode.

Ismail didn't give a shit when he was killing his father. I'm liking the development for Mahmut and I'm glad that he let Fatma live. For his achievement, he got his Pasha position back.

Oct 7, 2017 9:03 AM

Jun 2015
Enjoyed it throughly, lets hope second cour can keep the momentum!
Oct 7, 2017 10:38 AM

Dec 2013
Splendidly executed by Mahmut there. To spare the prens from the pain of the death of his mother, and to spare the prenses from making such a difficult choice and the consequential aftermath of that choice. Wonderfully done.

The reinstatement of his previous rank was well deserved, as was the suggestion to stunt the Empire's advances through economic warfare.

Looking forward to what we see next.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 7, 2017 3:00 PM

Jan 2016
This is what I call character development, Mahamut have come a long way in just 13 episodes.

Can't wait for the 2nd half to begin!
Oct 7, 2017 4:09 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Mahmut doing amazing work, learning from all his experiences probably to pull this off.
Oct 8, 2017 4:27 AM

Oct 2008
Mahamut is now a Pasha! and looks like everything is going too well of Mahamut.
Good thing he didn't execute Fatma
5/5.

Oct 8, 2017 6:26 AM

May 2016
This show is soooo good. Can't wait for the next cour
Oct 8, 2017 7:38 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
THIS ANIME IS SO EPICCCCCC !!! GODLY ANIME, BACK TO PASHA YAY !!!!! GREAT JOB MAHMUT !

張大です for 張大勇督察
Oct 12, 2017 2:16 PM

Jan 2014
I'm so glad I gave this show a chance. I got chills this episode.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 15, 2017 1:52 AM
Mar 2012
More Ayse greatness, even understanding Mahmut & setup a decoy army with herself on the line.
Yeppy Mahmut back to Pasha & new foreign affairs (so hyped for economic etc warfare).
The feigned poison scene was amazing, shows how far Mahmut considers the future unity. Iskender pruning out one feather away from the sunlight that flutters toward her, symbolic of queen exiled of her position but able to live freely.
Oct 16, 2017 1:01 PM

May 2014
Really enjoyed the episode.

Will miss the ending and opening.
Looking forward to the rest!
Though from what I've heard they seem to be a bit too ambitious with adapting a ton of stuff.

Oct 19, 2017 5:56 PM

Jan 2013
Really nice episode!
Glad happy that Mahmut got his position as Pasha.
I think that he did great by spearing her life, it was the best output possible.
And i really liked the fact that all of the 4 new sultans now like him and would fight for him till the death.
Next episode will be more of a chill one, at least it looks like xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 22, 2017 3:29 AM

Aug 2010
Wow, cant believe we're only 13 episodes in and so many things have happened! I love this series' pacing!

Well dayumn look at Mahmut building for himself allies lol XD I wonder if by the "political way" he meant being the most powerful pasha in Torqye Stratocracy? XD

I actually thought that Mahmut would bring up Venedik, but it's a good thing that he didn't. Glad to see he is a Pasha again and him being the 1st minister of foreign affairs, how cool is that???

Cant wait for the next arc!!
Nov 5, 2017 2:25 PM

Oct 2015
I am glad Sultan Fatman was not executed, I just can't stand mothers being killed even for whatever reason. I see Mahmut has reinstated for the pasha position, he truly deserved it after suppressing that rebellion.

I see also he got more out of it he might become the leader of the strategy division and also a foreign minister.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 10, 2017 5:35 PM

Aug 2014
... they reattached his head...

Nov 10, 2017 6:40 PM
Jan 2017
oh i love this anime still why rating is so bad its worth atleast 7.7
Nov 17, 2017 2:39 PM

Sep 2016
dark_reunion said:
oh i love this anime still why rating is so bad its worth atleast 7.7
IKR!! I dropped this at episode 1 because i found it slow paced and boring but i gave it another chance its actually pretty good. Its like im watching a Civ+Mount and Blade+Medieval Total War Anime Adaptation!. Its so underrated!
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Dec 1, 2017 7:55 PM

Jul 2016
Wow, since the Phoinike "arc", I've really enjoyed the development of the plot and the last few episodes were totally great! (maybe because of all the military tactics, characters development... Princess Aishe, etc.) I really hope the second cour to not disappoint.

P.S.: I'm gonna miss both OP and ED.
Feb 1, 2018 9:12 AM

Jan 2010
That finale of the first part just blew me away, it was just perfect. I am so so SO happy that the biggest shock value came from plotwist that turned things for the better without being to cheesy or banal. I cried tears of relief during that mkment, really did.
Aug 31, 2020 6:55 PM
Feb 2020
Did anyone else get Game of Thrones Great Sept of Baylor Destruction feeling from the music (starting last episode, finishing in the beginning of this)?

I know I'm late to the discussion and this won't be seen, but the notes and rhythm is most definitely the same, & needed to say something.
Nov 24, 2023 11:24 PM

Dec 2022
Mahmut made some bold moves.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shoukoku no Altair Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2017

60 by antoninus_v »»
Dec 11, 2023 8:49 PM

Poll: » Shoukoku no Altair Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2017

47 by antoninus_v »»
Dec 10, 2023 10:48 PM

Poll: » Shoukoku no Altair Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2017

41 by antoninus_v »»
Dec 10, 2023 5:43 AM

Poll: » Shoukoku no Altair Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2017

42 by antoninus_v »»
Dec 8, 2023 11:58 PM

Poll: » Shoukoku no Altair Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2017

46 by antoninus_v »»
Dec 4, 2023 6:41 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.