Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 8, 2017 7:27 PM

Sep 2017
Aww, these two are super cute already. Seems this'll be the sweet, feel-good anime of the season. The OP is great, too.
Oct 9, 2017 2:02 AM

Mar 2009
Anathor said:
I've been playing MMOs for years, and so far only a single time I found a girl playing a male and the reason was similar to males playing females "Don't want to watch a dude/girl butt all day long". I actually only played male characters up unting a couple years ago. I always asked myself why people played gender-swapped characters (didn't know about the above answer yet); so decided to give it a try with a female alt...well since then I've only been playing female characters xD. I think I made around 10? female alts in gw2 alone..That game especially has an "endgame" focused around fashion wars, and doing it with a female character is a whole other story. Not to mention that I tend to like female characters animations better, usually.

Well that was quite the digress..anyway I liked the premise of gender-swapped MCs in an MMO. I think this might be a very average anime; but nonetheless I still think I'm going to enjoy it, based on what I've seen so far.

It's fun escaping from the gender role real life assigned to you without you having a say.
Oct 9, 2017 2:07 AM

Jul 2009
Ir reminds me of Re:Life, very interesting and I am looking forward to more.
Oct 9, 2017 3:14 AM
Dec 2013
ahhhh i always really like NEET characters and this chick is like 30 unf
Oct 9, 2017 7:35 AM

Jun 2012
AivanK said:
luigi-dude said:

One final aside, I'm thinking they're gonna pull a Re:Life in terms of the catalyst for Moriko's shut-in status, I'm guessing a co-worker she idolized died and that's why she had the flowers in the beginning, but the company just kept on with "business-as-usual" so she got sick of the "real world".

OMG! Yes yes yes! It really reminded me now of Re:Life after you've said it! You are probably right, now it makes a lot of sense.
Thank you ;)

Rewatch the ending credits, you can actually see Moriko walk behind the Blonde haired guy when looking at his computer. A dark purple-haired girl with a smile on her face starts walking right, only to quickly turn around and head in the opposite direction, then from the right comes a woman with Moriko's hair color and the same business suit she had in the beginning and in the final part of the OP. It would seem Moriko and her crush actually worked at the same office and didn't even know it. From the woman turning around away from Moriko, i'm guessing either Moriko was always "no nonsense" at work, or this was right after her tragic event so she's just depressed all the time at work, which might have led to her quitting or even being fired for poor work ethic.
Oct 9, 2017 9:31 AM
Dec 2012
Better than what I expected. I like Moriko's design.
Love her reaction when she opened her fridge ・ω・
Oct 9, 2017 9:34 AM

May 2015
This reminds me of old MMORPG days, i have rly high hopes for this comedy and I think it will be as good as netoge.
Oct 9, 2017 11:53 AM

Feb 2011
Honestly enjoyed this one a lot. Wasn't even planning on picking it up, but so glad I did. Hayashi and Lily are simply adorable.

This is definitely a keeper.
Oct 9, 2017 12:55 PM

Dec 2008
I think I'm going to like this!

How is Moriko making ends meet? She's has no job, but she still needs to eat and pay rent.
Oct 10, 2017 12:24 AM

Apr 2017
Tbh the show is better than expected.

I found it very relaxing and funny, calm comedies, not stupid one like in AhoGirl or others.

Moriko's design actually very attractive to me. LOL'ed when she said "I'll stay virgin forever, wait, I am already." XD.

Well, hopefully this show didn't pull out stupid ending and such.
Life isn't as fun and easy as anime.
Watch anime to bring that fun!!
Oct 10, 2017 4:43 AM

Feb 2008
CoolitzHubertXVI said:
Anyone here has played as female character/avatar in an MMORPG ? And told party members in a chat that you are actually a guy in real life ? What are the reactions ?

I play Black Desert Online with a female character (archer).
Oct 10, 2017 7:23 AM
Jul 2018
FINALLY!
An anime, not only about a female NEET, but a grown woman!!
Oct 10, 2017 9:18 AM

Aug 2013
WOW. I had absolutely 0 expectations for this series, but 1st episode was just great! Can't wait for more.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 10, 2017 9:58 AM
Mar 2012
Finally female mc on gaming, feels like Netoge (+Watamote) + genderswapping.
His party: basically Riveria genderswapped, Arslan, & 2 guys from Naruto.
Art rather basic like Gamers but quite nice OP/ED, music generally good.
So salaryman likes acting like a mahou shoujo....?
Oct 10, 2017 6:28 PM

Jan 2013
luigi-dude said:

Rewatch the ending credits, you can actually see Moriko walk behind the Blonde haired guy when looking at his computer. A dark purple-haired girl with a smile on her face starts walking right, only to quickly turn around and head in the opposite direction, then from the right comes a woman with Moriko's hair color and the same business suit she had in the beginning and in the final part of the OP. It would seem Moriko and her crush actually worked at the same office and didn't even know it. From the woman turning around away from Moriko, i'm guessing either Moriko was always "no nonsense" at work, or this was right after her tragic event so she's just depressed all the time at work, which might have led to her quitting or even being fired for poor work ethic.

After rewatching i really have to agree with you, it's probably what happened.
I really can't wait to know about this anime story development.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 11, 2017 12:16 AM
Nov 2016
Seems overly cliche. Very predictable. The OP and ED were pretty good I guess.
Sounds were a bit weird, animation was alright I guess.

Nice Fist of the Northern Star reference though.

Oct 11, 2017 11:46 AM

Dec 2014
Is this three parallel lines is her eyebrows? This looks kinda strange.
Oct 11, 2017 7:35 PM

Jan 2014
I loved the OP and ED. The story seems interesting. But the art in the game seems rather average-ish lol..

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 11, 2017 8:14 PM

Dec 2010
best part was the convenient store, other than that kinda boring.
Oct 12, 2017 4:45 AM
Aug 2016
I quite liked this already. Looking forward to the rest of the series.
It reminded me of myself when I played Aion and made a good looking male character too xD
Oct 12, 2017 9:49 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Surprisingly funny. The girl's reactions and dialogue were all great.

I already find myself excited for episode 2. I wonder when the two will figure out what's really going on? Should be a fun ride .
Oct 13, 2017 8:34 PM

Jan 2015
Damn, that Web Money Ticket really reminds me on how many long has it been since the last time I played one game that using it. I want to play again. T_T
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Oct 14, 2017 1:24 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
The convenience store part was definitely the best part of the episode. xD

I wonder how the guy feels for Hayashi lol.
Oct 14, 2017 3:20 AM

Apr 2015
Very funny in spots, but outside of that was pretty middle-of-the-road.

Would have to see what this becomes after it settles.
Oct 14, 2017 9:10 AM

Aug 2015
I liked it, really fun and even reflective.
Oct 14, 2017 5:07 PM

Oct 2012
Really interesting seinen romance series, and we also got Mamiko Noto as main protagonist :)

I could say it's kinda obvious that Yuuta is playing Lily as many men plays female characters in games but I wonder why he is head over heels for another man character (as girls usually don't play men characters) and their in-game relation doesn't feel like bromance. Let's hope they explain it in upcoming episodes.

It was good episode and I'm already hooked for this series even though they could do without the usual trope that they are from the same town/district even (but guess Japan is okay for others as it's japanese game and foreigners doesn't play those).

Jencansee said:

Yeah, it looks very strange for me too, I get they wanted to ephasize she's 30+ but they could do that in other ways, not make her look 40-50+ with those insane wrinkles, it bothers me everytime they use it. Probably the only flaw of this series right now.
Mich666Oct 14, 2017 5:11 PM
Oct 15, 2017 12:51 AM

Jan 2013
Needed me some NEET anime this season. Love the main girl. Wonder if that dude's gay though lmfao
Oct 15, 2017 8:31 AM

Nov 2009
AdoKun said:
Is this anime based on a koren manhwa or Chinese manhua? I don't know but I got that feeling when I watched it
The concept is similar to netoge no yome except the part about the transgender thing. I enjoyed it but I might put it on hold and binge watch it later.

The original manga seems to be Japanese, and the author's name is "Kokuyou Rin", which sounds Japanese too.

YukiTsubaki said:
There's no tag for the romance genre though,
which makes me hesitant to continue watching,
since the set up for the plot screams 'romance'.

Tags on MAL are not accurate. At least for shows that haven't yet happened.

DuoraDoll said:
Oooohhhh I quite like that opening. Off to a very good start with this one.

Anyway, this is why you don't trust girls online EVEN IF YOU CAN VERY CLEARLY HEAR THEIR VOICE, HECK, EVEN IF YOU CAN SEE THEM IRL. Remember people, G.I.R.L. is code for Guy In Real Life. (I know this for a fact as I am a guy in real life, but I only ever use female avatars in games, and some websites. Other times I'm a toaster waffle. Same for my male siblings.)

As the protagonist of Netoge no Yome has wisely said, it does not matter as long as she is cute in the game.

ttcchen said:
I'm a bit confused about the main girl though. The way she acts around Lily-san made her seem like she's bi or something.

Or she just wants a friend who is a fellow female. Girls act like they're bi IRL all the time.

ttcchen said:
And she said she doesn't understand girls, so does she mean girly girls or girls in general? Cuz if it's the former then that's understandable, but if it's the latter then that must mean she's too masculine lol

She looks like the kind of person who doesn't understand people in general.

Masood_sama_XN said:
Her legs are drawn very badly

Or maybe her legs are just supposed to be badly shaped, because she is such an unattractive woman.

Jencansee said:

Yes.

Hannah_Ana said:
How is Moriko making ends meet? She's has no job, but she still needs to eat and pay rent.

Maybe she has a lot of savings and/or bank gives her percentages.
Also, it's pretty cheap to be a hikkikomori.
Oct 15, 2017 10:10 AM

Mar 2017
I really loved this episode (: It's not quite what I was hoping for but I still liked it lots,especialy the MC. A show about a female NEET just seemed interesting to me and it's cute like when she was cleaning the carpet and found all the hair was just funny. Lots of people comparing to gamers! but I think this is much better gamers! seemed dull to me.
Oct 15, 2017 5:59 PM

Dec 2009
Interesting gender-ambiguity plot. They're each gay for eachother's opposite gender chars... united by mutual gayness!
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 15, 2017 8:46 PM
Apr 2015
Was there any special meaning to the flowers at the beginning?

+1 for Pikachu + Kenshiro baddie
Oct 15, 2017 10:14 PM

Mar 2014
Heard this series was a parody of Mabinogi (an MMO I play) so I had to check it out! Looks cute, can definitely see the influences from that game in here.

Can't help but feel like this is my future as a NEET though, lol.
Oct 17, 2017 7:31 PM
Jan 2017
what was her job how does she make money
Oct 17, 2017 10:16 PM
Jul 2017
Honestly, when I first read the description, I was not impressed. However, much to my surprise, I found myself enjoying it and craving for more. It's nice to see a romance take place somewhere other than a school yard and I have hopes that they will pull off the romantic interactions between the main character and love interest.
Oct 20, 2017 5:41 PM

Jan 2015
I wasn't expecting anything. These MMO anime are everywhere and always bland/terrible but the description of this one seemed kind of unique so I thought I would try the first episode. I LOVED it, it was the perfect blend of funny and sweet. I actually felt my heart warming at moments and I always enjoy seeing an anime that isn't overly sexualised with the female characters. I love how realistic and relatable the main character is, she actually looks like a normal person.
Oct 21, 2017 7:14 AM

Jun 2013
you know she's a hardcore gamer when she uses an RGB PC
Oct 21, 2017 3:45 PM

Jul 2009
Hm, wasn't terribly impressed with the first episode of this, but I think it has promise. The OP was quite enjoyable, ED was meh. The art/animation looked sloppy at points. The pacing was kind of all over the place, MC gets fired and finds a new MMO and quickly makes a friend and guild, would have liked to see how she got into the guild and more interaction between her and Lily though D: As it was the Christmas part felt pretty rushed. However we get to see who plays Lily and it is (unsurprisingly) a guy. I wonder if there will be any romance lol :P Either way I hope we get to see some more IRL stuff happening, I mean surely Moriko will have to get another job eventually ... right?! :P
Oct 21, 2017 7:39 PM
Jan 2017
Love this series so far! It's scary how much I relate to the MC. Lol.
Oct 22, 2017 5:14 PM

Sep 2017
Haha a good start to an anime. Just in time for the Christmas season and I’ve been left feeling rather festive after this.

Lots of little laughs and the premise of a gender swapped relationship in an MMO is both interesting and kinda adorable. It’s great to see an anime where the female characters are more cute than the typical overly exaggerated fare. The main character is so relatable (rather scarily so haha).

Really enjoying the swaps between in game scenes and the real world. Double the chance for fun moments!

Looking forward to seeing how this plays out!
Aeon_309Oct 22, 2017 5:23 PM
Oct 25, 2017 4:49 PM

Nov 2015
What an awkward, weird, pathetic and sad anime...

I love it.

GenesisAria said:
Interesting gender-ambiguity plot. They're each gay for eachother's opposite gender chars... united by mutual gayness!
This.

ThatCynicalOtaku said:
FINALLY!
An anime, not only about a female NEET, but a grown woman!!
An anime that is not about highschoolers!??? When did we change timelines!? (Not that I am complaining)
Oct 26, 2017 3:06 PM

Dec 2009
This brought back sad memories... I'm a girl and for the longest time I've always made girl characters (I love making them adorable with fashion equips LOLOL) but there was this one time I tried making a guy character, and I became quite good friends with a girl but when I felt close enough to her to admit I was a girl, she called me disgusting and got all her friends to bash me every time I went online ~_~ I deleted that character ever since... T_T Now that I look back on it, it was pretty silly of me to take it so hard to delete all my hard work LOL but I guess it was quite a shock to me I guess because we were such good friends at first.

Anyway I love this show! They're adorable, and I find it so cute how she finds the other 'girl' adorable, and how the guy probably feels same for the 'guy'! LOL. This is what true friendship is about! It's not about the gender! It's about the heart! :"D I'm ready to go to the next episode! -fist pump-
Oct 29, 2017 7:07 PM

Jan 2011
Enjoyed the episode a lot and will watch more. I really hope this anime does well. I would like more anime with older characters as the lead.
Nov 3, 2017 4:50 PM

Dec 2016
This seems like it's gonna be just a really nice and lovely show and I am soooo onboard for it!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Nov 5, 2017 7:21 AM

Dec 2016
This is actually really cute. I'm gonna binge this
"Only the 'results'! This world only remembers the 'results'!!"
-Diavolo
Nov 20, 2017 7:41 AM

Dec 2012
This was actually really adorable. Both the way Lily and Hayashi get along as well as Moriko's reactions irl. The sense of escapism is really being laid down thick with how different the characters are from their players. I also like the emphasis on roleplaying and how it lets people see and experience the world from new perspectives.
Nov 29, 2017 5:09 AM

Oct 2016
This first episode is so beautiful. It reminds me of my past MMO gaming. That seriousness in virtual world, really beautiful and... depressing.

They look so carefree, even though it's just a game. It's what I had always dreamt of in a MMO games, without the care of the real world, just enjoying the scenery. But I dream is just a dream, no one understood me.

Those other players were only looking for gold, traded with me until I ran dry of profit. I tried to be friendly, added them as friends, roleplayed with them, yet they come and go as they please. They even often push myself to talk about the real world. Oh for god's sake, I play video game to forget the real world, dammit.

*sigh* I guess beautiful things only happen in anime. Still, it's a cute episode.
Nov 29, 2017 5:34 AM

Jan 2014
I was rather dissapointed by the first episode. 90% of it was in the Virtual World, and plain boring. The art is pretty bad too. It looks allright overall, but you can tell it was just made with zero inspiration, in the most cost effective manner.

I might give it another shot, but with an exceptional number of excellent series being aired this season, I probably really don't have time for this show.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Dec 8, 2017 5:59 AM
May 2012
Man, this made me remember those days when I used to play MMO.
This is pretty cute, though.
Dec 10, 2017 9:16 AM

Nov 2014
I had high hopes in this series, the hayashixlily pairing is so cute XD

for ex MMO player and great fans of MMO anime, i found this really interesting

can't wait to see their real life moments (moriokaxsakurai) XD
Dec 11, 2017 11:08 AM

Sep 2010
People make characters of different gender that don't look like them... they play the game just to enjoy it and have funny... no death game or trapping in the MMO... THE CHARACTERS AREN'T HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS!!! NANI!!!... WOW, I think it's first time I see MMO-anime done right... or should I say done realistically.

Needless to say I enjoyed this first episode quite a lot and I already can tell that I will have fun marathon through it.

Given the title I expect that not all episodes will be like this one... but if I am to say anything just based on a single episode then... I have nothing to complain about as this anime does not lie, we are told that this is a story about neets playing game and that's exactly what we get.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2017

312 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Mar 29, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2017

178 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Mar 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2017

155 by Forum »»
Feb 15, 8:23 AM

» The kind of ending I really hate

mufarari - Feb 7

4 by Musanka »»
Feb 9, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2017

121 by Archean-Return »»
Jan 25, 3:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.