Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 6, 2017 12:05 AM
Dec 2016
I love gintama. but this arc seems to be is not following the original story. it should be after rakuyou arc it's going to be the a massive battle in next arc/season, but this arc it doesn't have any relation to anything that happens in rakuyou. so in my mind is this whole arc and season is an filler?
Oct 6, 2017 12:24 AM

Dec 2016
Nope, this season is about all the skipped arcs in the 2015 season :3 The current arc airing is Kagura's Boyfriend Arc, then the list goes on something like this:
Excalibur Arc, Homeless Arc, the HDZ48 Arc and Guardian Spirits Arc. Love Potion Arc has been animated already in two OVAS so it doesn't count here. If i'm not wrong most of these arcs happen before the Feigned Illness Arc, so that's why it feels weird for anime only followers.

Basically, this season is like fresh comedy air in middle of all the chaos happening in the manga.
_soley9Oct 6, 2017 12:37 AM
Oct 6, 2017 5:12 AM
Oct 2015
any news on when the final arc will start???
Oct 6, 2017 5:14 AM

Apr 2016
Everything in Gintama that is not serious is filler.
Oct 6, 2017 5:27 AM

Sep 2017
It is part of the manga dude.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Oct 6, 2017 6:14 AM

Jan 2015
Swagernator said:

That would be the case if the serious stuff was the focus, but it's not. The focus of the series is the comedy, therefore most of the comedy short arcs and stand-alone episodes are not filler.
Christ, Naruto really botched the meaning of that word for many people!
Oct 6, 2017 6:20 AM

Sep 2016
gintama's "fillers" are far better than its boring serious arcs
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 8, 2017 1:21 AM
Dec 2016
oiseau_solitaire said:
Nope, this season is about all the skipped arcs in the 2015 season :3 The current arc airing is Kagura's Boyfriend Arc, then the list goes on something like this:
Excalibur Arc, Homeless Arc, the HDZ48 Arc and Guardian Spirits Arc. Love Potion Arc has been animated already in two OVAS so it doesn't count here. If i'm not wrong most of these arcs happen before the Feigned Illness Arc, so that's why it feels weird for anime only followers.

Basically, this season is like fresh comedy air in middle of all the chaos happening in the manga.
So that's what it is in this season. yeah, you right i only read the manga shortly so i followed the anime instead
Oct 10, 2017 9:29 AM
Aug 2014
i mean its gintama even fillers are good
Oct 10, 2017 2:30 PM
Nov 2016
Swagernator said:

do you even know what an filler is?
Oct 10, 2017 9:54 PM
Oct 2015
Swagernator said:

filler are anime episodes which are not in the manga.This season is in manga so it's not filler
Oct 11, 2017 9:46 AM

Dec 2013
It's great to see comedy Gintama again, but after the last season, these arcs feels kinda out of place.
Oct 11, 2017 10:35 AM

Feb 2015
Swagernator said:

yeah. because the story is all about serious arcs and not comedy
Oct 11, 2017 4:12 PM

Jul 2015
konrad509 said:
It's great to see comedy Gintama again, but after the last season, these arcs feels kinda out of place.
I think it would be best to tell new people to watch Porori(and the OVA's_ after Episode 265 but before Episode 300
Sup...
Oct 11, 2017 7:42 PM

Nov 2013
konrad509 said:

The main reason I'm very sure they're doing it is because the final arc is currently going on in the manga, and the studio doesn't want to risk catching up with the manga, since it's almost finished anyways.
So this is good to sort of alleviate the seriousness (because hodang is this final arc INTENSE) and a good way to let the manga run.

The last thing Gintama needs is real filler, even less-so with the manga almost being finished.
Nov 4, 2017 2:21 PM

Mar 2009
Swagernator said:

Gintama doesn't do fillers. So far, everything that has been aired was in the manga.
"Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position.
Such a heavy burden now to be the one.
Born to bear and read to all
The details of our ending.
To write it down for all the world to see.
But I forgot my pen,
Shit the bed again,
Typical."

Rosetta Stoned
Nov 5, 2017 1:54 AM

Mar 2014
Swagernator said:
Whoops, that's incorrect.

GangsterCat said:
But none of the serious arcs are boring...?

Isaiah-Lazarus said:
Swagernator said:

Gintama doesn't do fillers. So far, everything that has been aired was in the manga.
Do you mean for this specific season or overall? Because if it's the latter, you're wrong -- there've been like a dozen filler episodes.
Nov 5, 2017 11:57 AM

Sep 2011
konrad509 said:
yeah it really is a bad move on the anime's part, the issue is the final arcs rely so heavilly on the status quo being interrupted so hard that even the characters are longing to go back to the good old days and starting to realize just how much they appreciated certain aspects of their life that they took for granted (ie otae taking kondo for granted, hijikata genuinly valuing gintoki as a friend, being able to just dick around not in hiding and so on). Having this random series of leftovers smack dab right before the final arc really weakens this aspect and its going to seriously devalue the ending if they happen to have an epilogue section thats just some random comedy events to showcase one last time the old carefree times are intact, for manga readers it'd be the first time in 3 whole years of these final years so it'd be a serious pay off, in anime it'd be what we assume is a single 24 episode arc(at least thats what alot of people are saying silver soul will be) that separates this as appossed to the little over 50 episodes it should of been by not having this slip arc.

all in all its probably one of the dumbest decisions in the entire anime which usually is on top of things.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 5, 2017 1:17 PM

Oct 2016
JizzyHitler said:
konrad509 said:
yeah it really is a bad move on the anime's part, the issue is the final arcs rely so heavilly on the status quo being interrupted so hard that even the characters are longing to go back to the good old days and starting to realize just how much they appreciated certain aspects of their life that they took for granted (ie otae taking kondo for granted, hijikata genuinly valuing gintoki as a friend, being able to just dick around not in hiding and so on). Having this random series of leftovers smack dab right before the final arc really weakens this aspect and its going to seriously devalue the ending if they happen to have an epilogue section thats just some random comedy events to showcase one last time the old carefree times are intact, for manga readers it'd be the first time in 3 whole years of these final years so it'd be a serious pay off, in anime it'd be what we assume is a single 24 episode arc(at least thats what alot of people are saying silver soul will be) that separates this as appossed to the little over 50 episodes it should of been by not having this slip arc.

all in all its probably one of the dumbest decisions in the entire anime which usually is on top of things.

I disagree. Comedy would be sorely missed if the anime just continued to Silver Soul Arc. A slip arc is exactly what Gintama fans looking for the old Gintama comedy needs at crucial times like these, not to mention it keeps Gintama fresh so that when the manga is finally done Silver Soul can come back with the fans in full anticipation, unlike SnK where five years of hiatus mellowed the hype.
Nov 5, 2017 1:26 PM

Dec 2015
JizzyHitler said:

I don't think they really had much of a choice, I think it's obvious that the staff really love Gintama and would've wanted to adapt everything in it from the start, but they probably couldn't due to constraints. Oh well, nothing we can do, but at least for the people that haven't started Gintama yet, they will experience it in the correct order.
Angra_ShadowNov 6, 2017 5:52 AM
Nov 6, 2017 6:28 AM
Jan 2017
JizzyHitler said:
konrad509 said:

I get what your saying, don't get me wrong...but after the very first episode when you realized it was skipped chapters, what does it matter? Did you not watch the Love Potion arc after FS and before Rakuyo? IMO, things seem significantly less dire from the standpoint of them actually returning to Edo than at the end of Gintama 2015. I completely understand all your points, and agree with most of your reasoning, but you could also not watch this season, to be fair.

I was hoping to point new watchers to this before episode 300, for many of the reasons you stated...unfortunately, if you go to any site where the episodes are discussed, you'll be spoiled.
Nov 11, 2017 8:40 AM

Oct 2010
The serious arcs are filler if we're talking about Gintama.
Being serious now, it's Gintama so it doesn't matter, just enjoy it.
Nov 13, 2017 12:14 AM
Jul 2018
GangsterCat said:

I really agree with this. Gintama started to lose me with the shogun assassination arc, I was getting bored as fuck with it.

I watch Gintama to laugh, not to use as a sleep aid.
Nov 13, 2017 12:24 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Whether it's "filler" or not, it's still a million times better than any of the shitty Battle on Rakuyo arc episodes that made up all of last season

Episodes like the last couples ones are what makes Gintama worth watching. Wouldn't have it any other way. Screw the generic shounen arcs though
Nov 20, 2017 12:15 PM

Jan 2015
Swagernator said:
Character development isn't filler.
Apr 17, 2018 7:56 PM

Oct 2017
GangsterCat said:

Wrong, both parts are great but the serious arcs are even better than the comedy stuff. They add much more depth to the characters
Apr 17, 2018 8:00 PM

Oct 2017
Sangaz said:
GangsterCat said:

I really agree with this. Gintama started to lose me with the shogun assassination arc, I was getting bored as fuck with it.

I watch Gintama to laugh, not to use as a sleep aid.

Well thats your problem, Gintama has had serious arcs since the beginning. If you only watch it to laugh then you are ignoring an important part of it

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama. Porori-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

-Stray - Oct 1, 2017

174 by aboosejp »»
Sep 1, 2023 4:24 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Dec 24, 2017

90 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 5:28 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Dec 17, 2017

94 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 4:39 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Dec 10, 2017

55 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 2:23 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

-Stray - Dec 3, 2017

75 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 1:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.