Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 5, 2017 4:22 PM

Apr 2014
How do you all think Hisako Kanemoto is doing as a replacement for Taneda Risa?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 5, 2017 4:26 PM

Oct 2015
Well, it's ok I guess. Sometimes she has similarities with Taneda Risa IMO.
Oct 5, 2017 4:30 PM

May 2015
I think she's doing a fantastic job. She sounds almost exactly the same sometimes. Some people probably haven't even noticed the change yet.

Oct 5, 2017 11:09 PM
Jun 2011
To be honest i still prefer Taneda Risa, but Kanemoto still did pretty good job, tho it's gonna need some for me to get used to it..
Oct 5, 2017 11:48 PM

Sep 2014
Imo, Taneda Risa's voice is too attached to Erina at this point, so I can't say if Kanemoto is doing a good job or not. If I had to give an answer, I'd say she's doing a bad job only because Risa's voice is the one I am expecting every time Erina has a line. Such a bad time for Risa to drop the role, especially when this arc is when Erina grows as a character, but Its better she take a break than kill herself from overworking.
Oct 6, 2017 12:05 AM

Sep 2016
i dont even remember her original voice
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 6, 2017 5:27 AM

Jul 2012
I mainly hear the differences in her higher range, but it's close enough to the point that I can tell she's trying really hard.

The current VA played best girl in Kokoro Connect, so it's someone I liked to begin with anyway.

I still think Taneda is better, but they found a quality stand-in. Will be curious to wonder if a season 4 happens, if Taneda will be brought back.
Oct 6, 2017 7:14 AM
Sep 2017
She's doing a pretty decent job but sometimes I wonder what's Tendou-san doing in Totsuki...
Oct 6, 2017 7:16 AM

Oct 2013
I would say she is doing pretty good
she sounds almost the same yet softer and nicer/embarrassed which is fitting since she will stop being so snobby and stuck up in this arc
Oct 6, 2017 8:34 AM
Sep 2016
Kittens-kun said:
I think she's doing a fantastic job. She sounds almost exactly the same sometimes. Some people probably haven't even noticed the change yet.
Same, i was one of the ppl who didnt notice until i saw this post
Oct 6, 2017 9:28 AM

Apr 2014
Some people didn't even notice huh? I guess they rarely clean their eardrums ears.
Their voices are distinct, you can find it out on long dialogs.
Yes, her performance is just fine. But we still need Risa Taneda to make it feel the same.
Haters always gonna hate.
Oct 6, 2017 9:57 AM
May 2017
Rayzer said:
Some people didn't even notice huh? I guess they rarely clean their eardrums ears.
Their voices are distinct, you can find it out on long dialogs.
Yes, her performance is just fine. But we still need Risa Taneda to make it feel the same.

Lol, yeah. If you directly compare the voices, it's pretty obvious. But if you just listen to Kanemoto's voice as Erina repeatedly, it'll grow on you like it did on me.

But still, I still wish Risa Taneda comes back in the middle of of the season or something. Probably in the 2nd cour.
Oct 6, 2017 9:59 AM
Jan 2016
Pretty good I think. She has done a great job last season with Tendou Karen from Gamers, so I think it'll be fine.
Oct 6, 2017 10:01 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
So far it's similar enough I think
Oct 6, 2017 10:03 AM

Sep 2017
If it wasnt for the news I saw last year then I wouldnt even notice the seiyuu change.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Oct 6, 2017 11:37 AM
FMAB is the BEST

Aug 2017
I dont see a difference at all lol
Greed has poisoned men’s souls, has barricaded the world with hate, has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed.
Oct 6, 2017 12:04 PM

Jan 2013
Any voice fits the 'resting bitch face'-archetype.
Oct 6, 2017 12:07 PM

May 2015
CondemneDio said:

You ever actually watched the show? Your 1 ratings don't seem legitimate.

Oct 6, 2017 12:08 PM

Mar 2015
She's doing a great job so far. I personally think that she sounds different now, but her voice still fits her.
Oct 6, 2017 12:14 PM

Jan 2013
Kittens-kun said:
CondemneDio said:

Yup. I've actually watched it. And I hate it :D
Oct 6, 2017 5:56 PM
Dec 2015
It isn't noticeable unless you just you recently rewatch the previous seasons. Looks like season 3 might end around chapter 200 if it's indeed 24 episodes. There might be a new opening during the second half since the current opening tease only the next 40 chapters of the manga if I recall right.
Oct 6, 2017 11:14 PM
Mar 2008
CondemneDio said:
Kittens-kun said:

Clearly you love the show. Why would you else continue to watch the ova's and season 2 and start on season 3 when you hate it... You probably just pretend you watch anime and give the entire thing 1 just to try push the animes you like higher up or something on MAL.
Oct 6, 2017 11:28 PM

Jan 2013
Skurd said:
CondemneDio said:

Clearly you love the show. Why would you else continue to watch the ova's and season 2 and start on season 3 when you hate it... You probably just pretend you watch anime and give the entire thing 1 just to try push the animes you like higher up or something on MAL.

It's called hatewatching bruh.
A friend watches it, so it's a good way to have something to talk about too.

You can't tell me what I have or have not watched.
Oct 6, 2017 11:40 PM

May 2015
CondemneDio said:
Skurd said:

Pretty damn childish.

Oct 6, 2017 11:40 PM

Jul 2017
New VA for Erina? Looool tbh i feel like im liking her more now too

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Oct 6, 2017 11:42 PM

Jan 2013
Kittens-kun said:
CondemneDio said:

Pretty damn childish.

How so?
It's a good way to kill some time, and Ioccasionally get to talk about the recipes.
The series may be pure shit, but I can induct some sort of enjoyment from it.
Oct 6, 2017 11:46 PM

May 2015
CondemneDio said:
Kittens-kun said:

Pretty damn childish.

How so?
It's a good way to kill some time, and Ioccasionally get to talk about the recipes.

You're bringing down the score for no reason.

Oct 6, 2017 11:49 PM

Jan 2013
Kittens-kun said:
CondemneDio said:

How so?

...What? :D
I am watching the show, I don't like the show itself, I have the right to rate it what I want, and my rating is damn sure going to be added to the score.

There's nothing you can do about it.
Please remember, even if you love something, it isn't objectively good. Ratings are subjective.
Oct 6, 2017 11:59 PM

May 2015
CondemneDio said:
Kittens-kun said:

I am watching the show, I don't like the show itself, I have the right to rate it what I want, and my rating is damn sure going to be added to the score.

Please remember, even if you love something, it isn't objectively good. Ratings are subjective.

Continuing to watch something you hate is stupid, especially if you're going to bitch and moan about it. Your opinion is invalid when you're only watching it to shit on it.

Oct 7, 2017 12:01 AM

Jan 2013
Kittens-kun said:
CondemneDio said:

Continuing to watch something you hate is stupid, especially if you're going to bitch and moan about it. Your opinion is invalid when you're only watching it to shit on it.

And that's what you think.
And I do not think your opinion on this matter is worth anything.

Have a nice day, ta-ta!
Oct 7, 2017 12:04 AM

May 2015
CondemneDio said:
Kittens-kun said:

Have a nice day, ta-ta!

That's fine. Not like I'm alone in thinking that. You're a joke bro.

Oct 7, 2017 12:04 AM

Jan 2013
Kittens-kun said:
CondemneDio said:

Have a nice day, ta-ta!

I'm glad the feelings are mutual bro.
Oct 7, 2017 12:06 AM

May 2015
CondemneDio said:
Kittens-kun said:

Cool. I'll see you in episode 2's discussion then.

Oct 7, 2017 12:07 AM

Jan 2013
Kittens-kun said:
CondemneDio said:

Cool. I'll see you in episode 2's discussion then.

I'm not big with the episode discussions, but I guess I'll star them for once.
Oct 7, 2017 1:00 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Well most of the people comment above doesn't study Japanese like me. I do notice a different. The previous VA has a bit thicker tone unlike the new one. The usual tsundere feel that represent her character is all gone. It will never be the same.
Oct 7, 2017 2:09 AM

Feb 2014
I feel like I'm hearing Tendou from Gamers instead of Erina. I miss Risa Taneda's voice
Oct 7, 2017 2:14 AM

Jan 2013
xkazutox said:
Well most of the people comment above doesn't study Japanese like me. I do notice a different. The previous VA has a bit thicker tone unlike the new one. The usual tsundere feel that represent her character is all gone. It will never be the same.

日本穂を勉強していますか。 何か月勉強しましたか。
Oct 7, 2017 4:21 AM

May 2010
I find them pretty similar. Taneda Risa can't be replaced but this is good on its own. She's going to dere up anyway so Taneda Risa sounding more 'genuinely' tsundere isn't that big of a difference as someone is pointing it out.
Oct 7, 2017 6:44 AM

Sep 2013
She's good, but i can only hear Karen. Risa can't be replaced.
Oct 7, 2017 4:00 PM

Sep 2011
I actually didnt notice a difference

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 8, 2017 7:52 PM

Aug 2011
If you watch Gamers, well.. Nakiri voice sound like Tendou Karen, man i don't like that. We need real Erina voice.
Oct 8, 2017 8:01 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
It's only slightly off when she gets flustered. Other than that it's pretty on point.
Oct 10, 2017 11:56 PM

Oct 2013
Why did they even decided to change the seiyuu anyway ? they could just extend the conract with Tande Risa ffs
Oct 11, 2017 12:06 AM

Dec 2014
I honestly thought that she seems more matured now
Oct 11, 2017 10:11 AM

Mar 2014
ToshiroChan said:
Why did they even decided to change the seiyuu anyway ? they could just extend the conract with Tande Risa ffs

It wasn't by choice, or anything to do with contracts. Risa put herself on hiatus last September for health reasons (probably throat issues, one would guess), and only just started working again in the last couple of months after almost a year off getting treatment. It isn't practical to suspend the entire production of S3 (which was probably already well into its development cycle at that point) and the OVA when there was no way to know when (or even if) she'd ever be able to come back again, so they re-cast the role. Food Wars wasn't the only franchise affected either - she was playing one of the main characters in the Fate/Grand Order mobile game, and they also had to re-cast that role (and then re-recorded all her lines - over a year's worth at that point - with the new VA so that the character would have a consistent voice and not suddenly sound different halfway through), since it's impossible to suspend a mobile game. Might as well just shut it down if you're going to do that.
WingKingOct 11, 2017 10:16 AM
Oct 12, 2017 12:07 AM

Jun 2009
I prefer Risa all the way but, it must be done. and hope Risa will back soon. Love her Tsundere voice so much.
need some time for my ear to adapt Hisako's erina...

ToshiroChan said:

casual MAL user detected...
Oct 12, 2017 12:52 AM

Oct 2013
WingKing said:
ToshiroChan said:

It wasn't by choice, or anything to do with contracts. Risa put herself on hiatus last September for health reasons (probably throat issues, one would guess), and only just started working again in the last couple of months after almost a year off getting treatment. It isn't practical to suspend the entire production of S3 (which was probably already well into its development cycle at that point) and the OVA when there was no way to know when (or even if) she'd ever be able to come back again, so they re-cast the role. Food Wars wasn't the only franchise affected either - she was playing one of the main characters in the Fate/Grand Order mobile game, and they also had to re-cast that role (and then re-recorded all her lines - over a year's worth at that point - with the new VA so that the character would have a consistent voice and not suddenly sound different halfway through), since it's impossible to suspend a mobile game. Might as well just shut it down if you're going to do that.

Well that explains alot, thanks for the info.. much appreciate it
Oct 12, 2017 1:03 PM

Sep 2011
xkazutox said:
well i guess its a good thing erina wont be a tsundere anymore in a little bit.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 12, 2017 8:45 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
CondemneDio said:
xkazutox said:

日本穂を勉強していますか。 何か月勉強しましたか。

高校の時、三年間日本語を勉強した。今も大学生に日本語のクラスを取っています。そして、今三学期になります。この学期にゲンキ2を使いています。大学にたぶん九ヶ月くらいと思います。
Fuwa_sanOct 12, 2017 8:58 PM
Oct 12, 2017 8:59 PM
Jan 2015
She's doing a great job so far, I can barely tell the difference honestly. Plus her softer tone is going to be good with Erina's character development.
My Queens

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2017

151 by Alaa1991 »»
Feb 25, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2017

147 by Alaa1991 »»
Feb 24, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2017

223 by ZombieZibi »»
Dec 3, 2023 12:18 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2017

128 by dspr »»
Jul 16, 2023 7:32 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2017

118 by dspr »»
Jul 16, 2023 6:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.