3It was OK
14.1%
2Disliked it
2.0%
1Hated it
0.7%
Average 4.3
304 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 4, 2017 4:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was adorable. Even the opening song has a charming tune to it.

The main female cast consists of girls with some fox features (ears, tails, etc). Yuzu is cute although really shy. The setting has a nice feel to with the Spring flowers and blooming weather. The other characters are fun to watch too with Natsume, Kiri, and Satsuki. Seems all these girls have some distinctive personality.

I like Satsuki the best so far. Good start. There's some slight fan service with the onsen but nothing really distracting. I'm also kinda impressed by their usage of music that makes the series flow smoothly.

Oct 4, 2017 5:37 AM

Apr 2010
This was exactly what i expected it would be a nice and calming anime.
Seems like an interesting bunch of girls even tho they didn't get that much introduction but we will be seeing more of them so that doesn't matter right now.
It seems Yuzu got to go with the most strict girl for now tho she also got a chance with the girl who seemed most easygoing, both of them had their good parts.
Satsuki needs to learn to take things a little bit more easy tho.
AversaOct 4, 2017 5:41 AM
Oct 4, 2017 5:42 AM

Apr 2014
Suprisingly fun anime. Yuzu is really cute en Kiri-chan is also pretty nice.
Oct 4, 2017 5:49 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well that was quite lovely

Basically Hanasaku Iroha except with moe fox girls instead, and supposedly lesbian ones at that (?)

Pretty nice
Oct 4, 2017 5:52 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was beautiful.

Exactly how i envisioned the show, atmospheric, cute and melancholy is also in the mix.

The girls obviously are cute, have their own quirks and are charming.

My AOTS so far.
Oct 4, 2017 5:56 AM

Apr 2012
Had some Amanchu faces in there, sold.
Oct 4, 2017 6:14 AM

Mar 2016
Nice episode. Really cute & enjoyable. It delivered what I thought and expected it would deliver so I'm happy with it.
Oct 4, 2017 6:25 AM

Dec 2014
That was absolutely beautiful and adorable.

Love the girls, they're all really cute and I love their designs. The overall atmosphere is really relaxing and sweet.

Some really charming scenes and moments. My favorites were the star knocking down, the farewell to that traveler and of course the sakura blossom scene,

Looks like we're gonna get our fair share of bath scenes. XDD

Not sure how the Shoujo-ai tag is gonna play into this, but I'm looking forward to it.
I love the moments when Chizu and Satsuki blush. <3
Looking forward to more.
Oct 4, 2017 6:35 AM

Apr 2015
Was half worried going into this cos the certain Winter season show that looks extremely similar to this(at first sight) was boring, felt a bit livelier than that I'd say

Didn't like Satsuki, I never like those kinds of characters, she may ruin the show for me. Shite acting too

Doesn't look as classy as the best SOLs but could last me a season, let's see.
Oct 4, 2017 6:43 AM

Apr 2016
I can see now that this will be something i would like.
Oct 4, 2017 6:46 AM

Aug 2013
That was great. A beautiful episode. So much cuteness.

Loving the OP, a great choice for this show. The ED is great. I'm going to look forward to watching this every week.

Oct 4, 2017 7:17 AM

Nov 2008
It's beautiful so far and very relaxing, and Sakura was just plain adorable animated and is begging for a hug and a headpat.

Oct 4, 2017 8:18 AM

Aug 2017
This was great and super adorable. The characters aren't revolutionary, but Yuzu is super cute and I really enjoyed everything. The setting is nice and I'm looking forward to watching this every week.
I was a little worried about the fanservice, but it wasn't really annoying or over the top, it's okay and I really don't mind it so far.
Other than that it's just really calming so I definitely want more. :)
Oct 4, 2017 8:23 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
OMFG YUZU KAWAII LEVEL OVER 9000 >////////<
Oct 4, 2017 8:24 AM

Jun 2015
This was a very adorable first episode. Everyone look so cute. Yuzu is a hard working girl. The setting has a nice, cozy feeling to it.
Oct 4, 2017 8:33 AM

Oct 2010
Stark700 said:
I'm also kinda impressed by their usage of music that makes the series flow smoothly.

This is what stood out the most to me, honestly. The show was extremely adorable and I like most the cast. It's fairly predictable what's going to happen, but not in a bad way. But most of all, the soundtrack just fit every scene so damn perfectly! Hajime Kikuchi and everyone else involved did a great job at that. It's winning my "best music" award for Fall 2018 thus far. Opening (also form Hajime Kikuchi in the form of eufonius) and ending themes were also great.

Oct 4, 2017 8:33 AM

Dec 2014
Well that was a pleasant surprise. My only complaint is that it felt like it went through so many ideas very quickly. I could see entire episodes dedicated to Yuzu spending time with Sakura or being around that first guest. Instead it did all these things in one episode. Going forward I hope the pace slows down to match the mood the show gives off.
Oct 4, 2017 8:52 AM

Aug 2015
Cute and relaxing! I thought it was pretty nice. Fox girls is always nice c:
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Oct 4, 2017 8:59 AM

Sep 2016
cute fox girls anime >_<

CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 4, 2017 9:12 AM
Dec 2015
Did anyone else felt that the pace was very fast. Hope it slows down
Oct 4, 2017 9:15 AM

Aug 2015
it kind of reminded me of past season's centaur worries, atleast pacing-wise. like it had some ideas but they all flowed really fast.

i'll be following to see how it develops, hoping it gets more interesting than just cute girls doing cute things.
Oct 4, 2017 9:33 AM

Jun 2016
This is giving off Spirited Away and Natsume Yuujinchou vibes (and one of the characters' name is Natsume) since it's like they're working at a bath house and it's heartwarming. Hihi.

My shoujo-ai senses are tingling already. Omg. Satsuki x Yuzu. <3

Omfg. Sakura is the cutest. I can't even. I literally screamed when she appeared. Waaaaaaah!

Already loved this anime and that animation, maaan. :)

Concertina said:
it kind of reminded me of past season's centaur worries

Yes! I thought I was the only one who thought at first look it's like Centaur no Nayami.

EcchiKingMamster said:

SAKURA IS THE CUTEST, THOUGH. HIHIHIHI. Naaah they're both cute. :D

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 4, 2017 9:42 AM

Oct 2015
This is the best combo of heartwarming + moe to the extreme I've seen in a whiiiiiile! Can't wait to see more of this and melt from inside.
Oct 4, 2017 9:47 AM

Mar 2016
I liked it. The music was great. Overall it was very peaceful, and a good episodic(?) anime that only comes on once a week :P
Oct 4, 2017 10:11 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
TheDoggoneGirl said:
This is giving off Spirited Away and Natsume Yuujinchou vibes (and one of the characters' name is Natsume) since it's like they're working at a bath house and it's heartwarming. Hihi.

My shoujo-ai senses are tingling already. Omg. Satsuki x Yuzu. <3

Omfg. Sakura is the cutest. I can't even. I literally screamed when she appeared. Waaaaaaah!

Already loved this anime and that animation, maaan. :)

Concertina said:
it kind of reminded me of past season's centaur worries

Yes! I thought I was the only one who thought at first look it's like Centaur no Nayami.

EcchiKingMamster said:

SAKURA IS THE CUTEST, THOUGH. HIHIHIHI. Naaah they're both cute. :D

Sakura is more expected cute though, Kuzu is kinda too, but her personality was a little less expected
Oct 4, 2017 10:14 AM
Jan 2017
i honestly didn't know what to expect from this series, but after seeing the first episode, i'm incredibly exited to continue it :D just a very charming and relaxed show i hope to enjoy this season
Oct 4, 2017 10:22 AM
Jul 2018
this was so adorable
Yuzu and Sakura are kawaii and i like Satsuki too
Oct 4, 2017 10:39 AM

Jun 2017
I am already looking forward to the rest of the season. The show gives good vibes.

While it feels like it pulls elements I have seen in other shows, I like the way they pull them all together.
Oct 4, 2017 10:57 AM

Sep 2015
Satsuki? Kiri? all i see was

and

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please use this to hide large images
AlfyanOct 8, 2017 4:09 AM
Into the Internet!
Oct 4, 2017 11:06 AM

Oct 2011
Oct 4, 2017 11:11 AM

Nov 2012
HaXXspetten said:
Well that was quite lovely

Basically Hanasaku Iroha except with moe fox girls instead, and supposedly lesbian ones at that (?)

Pretty nice

So, Hanasaku Urara? Like Urara Meirochou but better?

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Oct 4, 2017 11:47 AM

Sep 2013
Fox girls working in a onsen Inn.
Yuzu a cute, satsuki a try hard but yuzu already fixing that and befriends sakura too.
Oct 4, 2017 11:50 AM

Oct 2011
Sorreh said:
Ame-Drop said:

The first thing i did when i saw her

Nice job you did there x)
Oct 4, 2017 11:55 AM

Jul 2016
Find yourself a girl who looks at you the way Yuzu looks at Satsuki.

Ame-Drop said:

Nope lol, Saber has plenty of alternate universe clones so this could be another one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2017 12:32 PM
Nov 2016
Well, that was calming.

To be honest, before this started airing, I didn't know what to expect because I thought that instead of being a calming slice of Life, it was going to be filled with fan service featuring neko-lolis... I am glad that that isn't the case, kinda sorta. There is a bit of fanservice but the overall vibe of the anime is pretty great.

The OP calmed me down pretty quickly and the characters are very cute. I think I'll enjoy this.
Oct 4, 2017 12:38 PM
Saber Devotee

Jun 2015
That was adorable and relaxing.
And they have a Saber with fox ears, I'm in.

Oct 4, 2017 12:42 PM

Dec 2009
eufonius op, what a nostalgia bomb...
brings me back to when i first watched Clannad and Kashimashi.

Very calm and absolutely adorable . . . to think that this is going to be yuri, what a dream come true!

This is largely as i'd expected and hoped it might be, and that's great. Nothing beats the feelgoods.
This season is going to be so great QQ

Lol, i figured people would dive on the saber look-alike.
GenesisAriaOct 4, 2017 1:08 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 4, 2017 12:45 PM
Jul 2018
Wasn't eufonis disbanded?
Oct 4, 2017 1:08 PM

Sep 2009
Tencent__Weeb said:

Nope. There was some scandal with its main composer/keybordist so people though the group will disband (in result he left the group for 2012-2013 but returned later). The things calmed down now.
Nachtwandler_21Oct 4, 2017 1:15 PM
Oct 4, 2017 1:27 PM
Jul 2018
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Tencent__Weeb said:

Nope. There was some scandal with its main composer/keybordist so people though the group will disband (in result he left the group for 2012-2013 but returned later). The things calmed down now.

Good, I like there music
Oct 4, 2017 1:34 PM

Nov 2011
From PV, I did not know how sweet and fun this anime series was, which surprise was this first episode. I'm already in love with it.
The protagonist Yuzu is too nice, but the rest of the cast is interesting.
The backgrounds are fabulous, I can not wait for the second episode to arrive. :D
Oct 4, 2017 1:49 PM

Nov 2016
Aside from Umaru-Chan, it seems like,that this is going to be the weekly dose of sweets, good stuff.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 4, 2017 2:28 PM

May 2014
Sweet lord this is going to be amazing. This is one of those anime that I enjoy watching it so damn much I get giddy and excited for the entirety of the episode. The sheer level of kawaii is through the roof!

Sakura's voice is ultra adorable and Yuzu's voice is cute, too, and from a fresh seiyuu who did Jun from Tenshi no 3P last season!
Oct 4, 2017 3:05 PM
Dec 2015
This one surprised me. I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was. The setting is a big draw for me right now. The town and bath house feel lived in. The city was bustling with people (and not CG people which is awesome), and there were some cool details like the worker mice who run through people's legs while carrying stuff (also a fun comedic moment).

The quickest way to endear me to a character is to give them a series of doofy facial expressions, and this episode had those in spades between Yuno and Sakura. All of the characters were charming and adorable. Yuno and Satsuki look to have a solid amount to work with in giving the show some substance thanks to the bits of information we get about each (Yuno's alluded backstory and Kiri seems to be purposefully pairing Satsuki with Yuna for some reason).

Finally, the atmosphere is great. It's relaxing without being unfittingly sappy, with very pretty visuals and a good soundtrack. The bath scenes thankfully don't feel pandering, with no detailed shots, or pervy angles. Just the characters blushing a bit, which feels reasonable. There is an undercurrent of Shoujo-Ai, and that is listed as a genre, but so far it doesn't feel distracting or unnatural. This one will probably fill the spot that Restaurant to Another World had last season as my comfy show.

Overall, this is great. It's definitely a bit too fast paced in my opinion, but its setting, characters, and comfy atmosphere all drew me in and kept me charmed. I'm looking forward to more.

4/5
Oct 4, 2017 3:18 PM

Feb 2017
THIS WAS SO CUTE.

I found it very charming, and I loved the calm atmosphere. All of the characters are adorable. Could Yuzu and Sakura be anymore kawaii?

Looking forward to the next ep. Probs my fave thing I've started watching so far :')
'I love you because you're you. I'm happy that you're whole. I don't care if there are sides of you that I don't know, or don't like. If that's who you are, that's fine. As long as you're whole, that's enough for me.'-Kouko Kaga
Oct 4, 2017 3:22 PM

Aug 2016
Everyone here is raving so hard about this show I kinda feel bad for dropping it in the middle of the episode.
What would Golgo do?
Oct 4, 2017 3:32 PM

Jan 2017
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa this was just too cute >.<

Exactly what i was expecting, i was waiting for this anime since it looked so cute and cozy.

Calm and comforting.

in terms of "story telling", even thou having into account that it's a SOL anime, i kinda felt it was a little bit too much out of place: in the sense that it all kinda happened too fast, like how she got there and how she met the other characters and they're already sleeping together hahaha.
I wished it was a little bit more consistent and 'linear'

Still, 4/5 for me.
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Oct 4, 2017 4:37 PM

May 2015
That was incredibly cute and highly enjoyable, oh my god! I couldn't have enough of it! Probably my favorite of the season so far.

OST is pretty damn great too. Lovely OP and ED next to that. eufonius sure brings back nostalgia.

Gonna look forward to this every week for sure!

Oct 4, 2017 5:37 PM

Jun 2014
I liked the SoL vibes. Maybe too much cuteness but is ok.

Oct 4, 2017 6:09 PM

Jan 2011
was cute Yuzu is too pure

we got ourselves a fox Hanasaku Iroha and a fox saber all in one show and i don't wanna hear otherwise ! gonna keep watching this the SOL seems relaxing
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Konohana Kitan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2017

150 by Mayakashi-Sagan »»
Feb 17, 4:52 PM

Poll: » Konohana Kitan Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2017

59 by MesterRetek01 »»
Dec 23, 2023 11:35 AM

Poll: » Konohana Kitan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2017

124 by Daviljoe193 »»
Jul 4, 2023 4:15 PM

Poll: » Konohana Kitan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2017

86 by Daviljoe193 »»
Jun 21, 2023 4:57 PM

Poll: » Konohana Kitan Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2017

63 by jieanteater »»
Mar 31, 2023 8:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.