Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 4, 2017 2:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, new OP song. Not bad I guess. Personally, I liked the previous one better.

Despite how lighthearted this episode is, there's some dark background storytelling while they were playing cards. The Hidden Mist village's violent past is no secret but still a reality that its people had to live with. Felt like a transition episode. I also found it amusing how easily Boruto and his friends fought off those bullies.

Chojuro has became such a mature guy over these years. What a cliffhanger D:
Stark700Oct 4, 2017 2:32 AM
Oct 4, 2017 3:20 AM

Dec 2013
Those Genin were weak af!

I didn’t expect Kagura to ha w a violent past.

That ending definitely took me by surprise!

I can’t blame him for doubting that they were genin.
Oct 4, 2017 4:36 AM
Mar 2015
Im quoting my own post from Episode 25 discussion

ariel_nugie said:
That Kagura has a strong resemblance with Yagura, the fourth Mizukage.. I wonder if hes blood related somehow...

I knew it that he's related with the fourth mizukage somehow.. he is the grandson afterall
Oct 4, 2017 4:56 AM

Nov 2011
Wait, how old was Yagura when he died? I mean he look preeetty young but he somehow have a grandson lol.

Oct 4, 2017 6:29 AM
Jan 2017
finally new op and ed .. they normal but they new though xD

no much happened this episode and looks like this arc will go for a more longer than 2 episodes (hope not)

Oct 4, 2017 6:38 AM

Jul 2017
I really, really like the new opening. New ending tho :()
It's so carefree, and very catchy.

Boruto's teenager was so cool

Oct 4, 2017 6:38 AM

Jan 2017
eeehh. that was alright but its kinda dead again when it comes to the fight scenes; 'cause no body will fight with the fear of death in this... i keep thinkin' about how this early one there was zabuza and haku being introduced as a first major villain (though it was short lived.)

the new OP and ED was alright, something new to listen to.

the men are usually the ones that get fat in old age yet kakashi's genrationn looks so much younger in comparison to anko etc T-T T-T
Oct 4, 2017 6:39 AM

Jan 2017
adzshamz said:

i thought that was naruto XD
Oct 4, 2017 6:45 AM

Jun 2014
New OP and ED are ok, I liked the previous ones better. I feel like the visuals in this new OP (especially the battle parts) don't match with the sound of the song.

As expected, Kagura is related to Yagura. Looks like he has a dark past that he's been repressing. That ambush by Kagura's old friend was quite sad, as they were defeated very easily, and the ending of the episode was pretty ominous. Shizuma has no problem killing off his own men, and I look forward to seeing his combat capabilities.

Also, I feel like Chojuro's voice should be deeper......

KaiserNazrin said:
Wait, how old was Yagura when he died? I mean he look preeetty young but he somehow have a grandson lol.

I feel like the writers didn't think that one through.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 4, 2017 7:03 AM

Feb 2013
Ok, so Kagura is Yagura's grandson, dunno how I didn't even think about it.
They changed the best thing of this anime until this point, the previous ending.
Oct 4, 2017 7:49 AM

Jun 2015
New OP is okay. The previous one is better though. Kagura really is Yagura's grandson. He has quite the dark past. His classmates are genin, but they are so weak. It's nice to see him make friends.
Oct 4, 2017 7:57 AM

Oct 2015
So in Naruto's universe people are able to suppress their drunkenness by doing something with their chakra.

It's nice to see that Boruto is using lightning techniques. I'm still quite surprised that they're already capable of doing such things, even though they're not even genins yet.
Oct 4, 2017 7:59 AM

Apr 2014
thebrentinator24 said:
KaiserNazrin said:

I feel like the writers didn't think that one through.

Pretty sure I remember him telling Naruto that he was an adult. I thought he was joking back then but who knew he was telling the truth.
Oct 4, 2017 8:02 AM

Apr 2015
Average episode.

New OP song, personally I liked the previous one better.

Denki is so annoying.

3/5
Oct 4, 2017 9:02 AM

Mar 2016
Mhmmmm I like this new OP... but i think I prefer the last one :)

Good episode... question did the work the word not get out about the fourth mizukage (Yagura) being controlled by Marada... like the village is still hating on him... :( sad.

ALSO WAIT WHEN DID YAGURA HAVE A SON DIDNT HE DIE WHEN HE WAS LIKE 18-19 (or did he just look way to young???? maybe he adopted a son, but then that means that Kagura would be genetically similar so why would he be crazy strong??? Idk broooo o_0

rip the ending 😔
UrbanJahtsOct 4, 2017 9:21 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2017 9:30 AM

Sep 2013
OP was meh, especially the visuals, the ED was okay.
The punks beaten and boruto and the others helping kagura while playing the shinobu UNO version.
Oct 4, 2017 10:44 AM

Feb 2014
yagura was like 15 when he died tho who'd he f to get a grandson in the end
Oct 4, 2017 10:57 AM

Dec 2014
Definitely liked the last OP over this one.

Inojin's got the right idea, "You guys are so cliched, it's dumb." xD

I wonder how long they're gonna dwell on this theme of the child is not responsible for the parent's actions.
Oct 4, 2017 1:51 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That new OP was too cool and I love how they included Kagura (So he IS Yagura's grandson) in it with I'm guessing Suigetsu's sword? I completely forgot who had which swords in the 7 swordsman

As for the episode, the Denki rescue mission was okay....I enjoyed seeing Boruto use wind style in the way he did and I DIED OF LAUGHTER at how Mitsuki was talking shit to them......My boy was like "Are you really genin" LMFAOOOOOOO

As for Kagura though, if he can learn how to control that blood lust and then use it to make himself better, he'll develop into a great shinobi one day....I kinda hope that we see him in the manga and maybe have some kind of teamup with Boruto and the gang

Good episode overall, looking forward to seeing what happens next with this kid that is too similar to Kisame lol....If it's revealed that he's Kisame's kid or something I'm gonna backflip
Oct 4, 2017 2:02 PM
Jun 2016
am i the only one who thinks the art/animation gets worse and worse? the characters looked so weird at times in this ep, like they let interns draw and animate this :/
i rlly hope the art will get better again...

love the new op and ed, not quite as good as the old ones, but i think they'll grow on me...

denki is an annoying brat

i'm looking forward to watching this arc unfold...
Oct 4, 2017 2:44 PM

Feb 2012
Very sexy new OP and ED, although a little too happy in tone for me, I guess we're still a long way to go before entering a "pretty serious arc". This Mist nonsense will probably continue for another cour considering Kagura's in the OP.

Episode itself was alright, expected the fight to be a longer but its ok those guys were fodder anyways. Looking forward to the guy from the end of the episode and his fight next week.

Also this thing with Yagura sure doesn't add up, but we have no official age of Yagura at the time of his death so we don't know for sure what really went down.
Oct 4, 2017 3:11 PM

Sep 2015
Didn't think Boruto would get dark til Boruto got way older. Rip Hachiya that's why you don't hang out with the bad crowd kids.
Oct 4, 2017 3:41 PM
May 2012
i prefer the ed more than the op.
Oct 4, 2017 3:48 PM

Dec 2008
Mitsuki is HILARIOUS!!! I think he's going to be my favorite.
Sarada is just as annoying as her mother was back in the day.
I am really not feeling this character design and artwork. There's something weird about their eyes. Hopefully it'll improve as time goes by.
Oct 4, 2017 4:39 PM

Oct 2015
adzshamz said:

I wonder, how old is he at that time? Is he in the same age as Naruto in Shippuuden?
Oct 4, 2017 5:35 PM

Nov 2016
Good episode. Mitsuki is savage when he said "Are you really Genin?" toward those weaklings xD The fight was totally one-sided.

Nice to see Kagura happy when he's having fun with his new friends.

So there might be some conflict in the Land of Water. Also, Kagura seemed like he joined shark face :/

I like the new OP and ED. The ED feels cheerful and somehow made me smile :P It includes all the ninja students from Boruto's class, so I think they're making the side characters more relevant. That Kakashi looking kid and the girl with a doll look very intriguing :O

Anyway, good episode 5/5.
Oct 4, 2017 7:50 PM

Jan 2008
Liked the new OP til I found out it barely showed anything notable. Honestly not liking how much Kagura is in the OP and ED, hopefully this Mist Village stuff doesn't drag out too long.

Also Boruto already using lightning? What?
Oct 4, 2017 8:10 PM
Oct 2017
This episode was ok. The new op was awesome thoug, way better than the first. Also I think the next arc will be anther anime only arc and will focus on Team Konohamaru's first mission. Since we see new enemies Boruto, Sarasa and Mitsubishi are facing. They also have headbands at the end of the op. After that anime only arc, I think we will see the Boruto movie animated. Can't wait for the future of this series. Btw seeing Boruto older was awesome.
Oct 4, 2017 9:45 PM

Jul 2017
I did not like the fact that Kagura is Yagura's grandson. I think it would be better if he were just from the same clan. And also Shizuma gills appeared!!!

I loved the opening and ending songs. But I admit that I was disappointed by the opening visuals. I hate openings that show the names of the characters, it's so unnecessary. And I hoped Shizuma would be featured in it. :(
Those characters that Sarada and Mitsuki appear facing in the OP are probably related to Shizuma, because they wear the same type of red outfit and their silhouettes appeared at the end of the episode.
The ending visuals with all the classmates was awesome. Has anyone else noticed a girl in white that we never saw hiding behind the tree in the scene where all the girls appear?

MatheusFHOct 4, 2017 9:49 PM
Oct 4, 2017 11:21 PM

May 2015
I'm digging the new opening and ending songs. Loved it! Kagura is a badass I'd say!

Also, Boruto using wind style and lightining style next episode! Man this kid is too OP for his age. I really like this episode.
Oct 5, 2017 6:23 AM

Jun 2016
these episodes feel weak.
Oct 5, 2017 6:28 AM

Mar 2014
fairy said:
yagura was like 15 when he died tho who'd he f to get a grandson in the end

I could be wrong, but I think Yagura said something along the lines of "I'm older than you" when Naruto was wailing after seeing what he thought was a dead kid. I think Yagura is one of those anime characters that always looks like a kid or teen no matter how old they are.
Oct 5, 2017 10:08 AM

May 2014
Pretty mice episode, I LOVE the world building, and the backstory for Kagura.

Kagura's design is also great, I'm liking him more and more and hope he overcomes his weakness.

Man this episode got darker than expected with Tahno (Someone drew the similarities and I ran with it xD) killing off that annoying guy, and Kagura's past.

The symbolism with the cards was also nice, the director still doing fine things here and there.

Oct 5, 2017 10:46 AM

Mar 2016
I like the new op and ed...but the episode itself was just meh
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Oct 5, 2017 10:57 AM

Oct 2015
Most thrilling uno match in ninja history.
Oct 7, 2017 3:23 AM

Oct 2008
A bit okayish boring episode, but at least we have a new OP & new ED also!
3/5.

Oct 7, 2017 1:37 PM

Jul 2009
New OP and ED...guess it will be hard to a ED beat Sarada's one...
Also, I was thinking that maybe the boring Denki could die, fool me...
Oct 8, 2017 7:00 AM
Oct 2017
So they show the first kill! Although we do not see it really. But it seems that the seriousness is beginning! All together it has been (all the previous episodes) that everything goes well. But now the transaction to the opening scene where Boruto being a grown up has started.

They started too with the Mist. Which in a way show how Iwabe was kind of right. Of how they are the first to shed blood.
I am really excited to see how they will develop the whole story. Let us hope that it was not a murder what happen but better again that water jutsu. Cause even if that dude who might of been murdered was very annoying, he was just scared.
But they will have to come up with some bad things sooner or later so... will see.

Oct 8, 2017 11:36 PM

Jul 2016
DiangeloKun18 said:
these episodes feel weak.

They are weak that is why.

Oct 10, 2017 3:18 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Seems that the factions within the village have made their move then. The new opening sure was good though. Hmm the enemies mist techniques really made it convenient for Boruto and co to deal with them though. So Kagura's secret shame was that in the past he accidentally killed someone then. Considering what Yagura represented its no wonder Kagura will be hesitant to kill. That fight though was fun though. So while a school trip the trip also serves to allow the two villagers to have talks as well then. Its nice seeing Boruto and co bond with Kagura though. Its really sad that Kagura because of the blood lust ended up killing his only friend though. Nice to see that Kagura decided to take the test in the end though. Hmm looks like things are getting darker then it seems for this arc.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2017 6:23 PM
May 2017
Ok, I liked this episode all right. I like how Boruto's whole purpose in the show is to work as a parallel or foil to other characters like Kagura, and Sarada. It makes Boruto a little less interesting but it makes his interactions with other characters more interesting.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the third Mizukage under the control of Madara/ Obito? I guess that was never officially revealed but if its true then that makes Kagura more interesting because he's not really burdened by his "blood" he was just born with some Manic tendencies.

If Kagura fully accepts Buruto's claim that heritage doesn't matter that could be pretty devastating idea because then Kagura has no one to blame but himself.
I doubt they'll go that way but if they do then this show might actually have better writing then I thought.
Oct 21, 2017 7:28 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
the smiling ninja in the shadows remenber me to Kisame Hoshigaki!!!
Oct 30, 2017 6:52 PM

Jul 2016
why denki to kidnap? hmm.. well it's fine.
damn, kagura actually killed people and is kagura's grandson. that exposing session was exciting. inojin in pajamas is god's gift to this world.
definitely miss the first opening, i loved hearing that op.
Nov 7, 2017 1:49 PM

Oct 2015
New OP song is boring and the visuals do not do justice to it. That Hachiya & his gang are Genins but they got their asses handed to them by kids and worst of all eaten at their own game. It seems like there is feud between the Land of Water and the Hidden Mist, I hope they do clash to give this series something. It also seems like Kagura has changed thanks to Boruto and his friend.

How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 10, 2017 4:41 AM

Jan 2014
I expect more of Mitsuki action, I'm dissapointed.
Nov 21, 2017 10:03 AM

May 2010
Half of this episode was ninjas playing card game... that's exciting @_@ Any chances this arc will be getting any better?

New opening is pretty cool, I guess soon main characters will become genins huh... They didn't even spend that much time in Academy yet, but sure >D

Ending is okay I guess, but I enjoyed the previous ones better.
Dec 8, 2017 7:33 PM
Jul 2018
I want to see more of that cutie whose hair covers her face.
Dec 20, 2017 12:35 PM

Jan 2013
Yagura's grandson, how old was he during the world war ... I didnt even know he had a son, let alone his son having a kid. - Anyway let's just accept this fact I guess.

Dec 31, 2017 6:48 PM

Mar 2015
Hmm.... I don't think him being Yagura's grandson had anything to do with him being psychopath. I mean, Yagura himself was controlled by Obito, hence the blood mist era.

Aug 19, 2018 12:15 AM

Dec 2015
New OP is nice. New ED is okay.

Oho, I see Boruto values their field trip to Hidden Mist more than the safety of his friend. I'm glad to see his heart is in the right place. He's truly the greatest of friends. But then again, those guys were so incompetent, that maybe I can't blame him for not taking the threat seriously.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 173 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2020

26 by bottleblonde »»
Apr 18, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 156 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2020

42 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 17, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 112 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

33 by YouTsuki_nbm »»
Apr 9, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 65 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

42 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 1:01 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 293 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2023

145 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 1:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.