Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Overlord Movie 1: Fushisha no Ou Episode 1 Discussion

Oct 3, 2017 3:00 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Good excuse to rewatch the series as well as preparing for the second season coming soon.

Oct 3, 2017 5:21 PM

Apart from the usual recap, I was quite disappointed by the fact that most fights were still in CGI. I mean, what's the point of doing a theatrical release if you won't even bother improving upon the existing animation? A cash grab it is. 5/10.
Modified by joe_g7, Oct 5, 2017 4:59 AM
"At some point, I stopped hoping."

Oct 3, 2017 7:51 PM
joe_g7 said:
Apart from the usual recap, I was quite disappointed by the fact that most fights were still in CGI. I mean, what's the point of doing a theatrical release if you won't even bother improving upon the existing animation? A cash grab it is. 6/10.

I haven't watched the original since it aired. Did the movie version improve anything at all? Was it just straight up the anime episodes without opening and ending credits every 20min? I didn't notice anything new or anything missing.

Oct 4, 2017 4:01 AM

Chris_Pirtle said:
joe_g7 said:
Apart from the usual recap, I was quite disappointed by the fact that most fights were still in CGI. I mean, what's the point of doing a theatrical release if you won't even bother improving upon the existing animation? A cash grab it is. 6/10.

I haven't watched the original since it aired. Did the movie version improve anything at all? Was it just straight up the anime episodes without opening and ending credits every 20min? I didn't notice anything new or anything missing.
The only new thing that I noticed was the opening scene, where they showed Momonga's human body connecting to the game. Other than that I didn't notice any other drastic changes or improvements.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."

Oct 4, 2017 10:18 AM
joe_g7 said:

that disappointed me as well, I thought they would at least improve the ugly CG but they just took scenes from the anime and put them together. Utter waste!
Modified by JokerxHisoka, Oct 14, 2017 7:55 AM

Oct 4, 2017 5:10 PM

Except for the Matrix-like neck plug (headphone jack; shots fired at apple's iphone?) scene at the beginning, I didn't notice any new footage that wasn't already in the first season.

Was hesitant to watch a recap movie since they're mostly what we've already seen before, but it's not a bad excuse as a refresher before the second season, which I'm totally excited for...well, maybe not the less savory parts from the source material, but overall excited nonetheless.

Kind of funny to hear Yuuki Aoi voice Clementine again when Aho Girl is still fresh in my mind having just finished airing, and all I can picture is Clementine obsessing over a banana like an idiot, lol. She has quite the amazing range, from a sweet kuudere voice like Fremy in Rokka no Yuusha, to the quirky frog girl Asui Tsuyu in My Hero Academia.

#NabeBestGirl

Oct 4, 2017 10:11 PM

Waiting for the 2nd season was like rewatching the whole 1st season and never got tired of it. Movie was enticing too.

ALL HAIL OVERLORD!!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Oct 5, 2017 4:35 AM

The only point of recap movies is to improve the original like TTGL did. Without enhanced animation or added scenes it was pretty worthless endeavour. If someone would want to refresh the memory before second season might as well just watch the TV series again, since it's barely any longer than both movies combined. It wasn't bad but it was a waste of time.
Ii tenki desu ne...

Oct 5, 2017 4:36 AM

i don't really like it it's just a compile of eps 1 to 7 thats all

Oct 5, 2017 11:32 AM

nice rewatch to remember some stuff.
i didnt notice but the player Touch Me had a really funny name xdddddd

Oct 5, 2017 12:44 PM

I thought this would have added scenes... but this instead had even less scenes...
Well apart from the opening scene which was different.

Oct 6, 2017 12:56 AM

It's actually refreshing to see Demiurge's lineup of summoned demons considering what's going on with the latest volume.

And the first minute is nice that it shown us what hardware do they use to link online and I'm glad to see @1:01:12 - 1:01:51 adapted.

The ED song is also very addicting. Sasuga Myth & Roid!

Oct 7, 2017 8:20 AM

Given that most people don't watch recaps and instead burn through the whole series again, the recap is a bit long if you ask me.

There were some subtle changes to 1-3 scenes that had improvements over the TV-aired version. I tried quickly skimming back through it but I couldn't remember where they were and didn't feel like re-watching the full thing since I liked the TV better. Some semi-important things were cut that can be considered notable to the story such as Mare covering the tomb with dirt to hide it.

Oct 14, 2017 12:31 PM
There are small additions like the beginning, several conversations, and i think the part sbout shaltear attacking the bandits was changed, but it was mostly scenes being removed like the potion scene, and the scene where he gives the floor guardians rings, among others.

Oct 22, 2017 3:35 PM

Even if this was a recap I still enjoyed it because the anime series was my favorite, I love Ains ooal Gowl he still fascinates me with his overlord persona. I can't wait for season 2.
"You know the rules, kill them all and keep moving "--- Lil Wayne- John

Nov 15, 2017 4:48 PM

For a recap this was actually pretty good, the pacing was kept really properly and the general story was also kept intact!

So all in all a good first recap movie if you ask me, looking forwards to see what's next.

Nov 24, 2017 1:09 PM

Bad 3D. Some extra scenes at the beginning, I guess? It was good to see again the beginning of the series, how Ainz makes his choices, while his servants love him. The humor is very well done. The problem is only in the 3D used in some characters. The ending was very good!

Dec 26, 2017 5:48 AM

3D CGI EVERYWHERE...

Apart from that, as "simple" or "classic" as it seems to be, it was an okay story. But for something pulled out of a novel, it seemed very disjointed. The early episodes of Slayers would make for a better "movie".

5-6/10 (never watched the series or read the book)

Jan 2, 2018 7:52 PM

Watching the movies to refresh the series in my head to prepare for S2.
but woah. The ED during the credits was the most pleasant ear-raping ive had in awhile

Mar 25, 2018 1:19 AM

Can't believe I watched a recap movie..."sigh" Noticed some cuts here and there which are understandable and not a loss in story and coherence of the plot, and some scenes which I don't remember from the TV series, either that or my memory is failing me. LOL

A biased 7/10 rating from me for a recap movie.
Nothing is an absolute reality, all is permitted.

Apr 23, 2018 2:24 PM

Movie was fine. Added some scenes the original series didn't have.

Aug 8, 2018 1:11 PM

What an amazing recap, it didn't have a single dull moment in it.

Jan 19, 12:23 AM

Before I start season 3, I suppose that a recap would be in order since it's been years since I've watched the first one and I did not regret that decision at all. I had fun watching Momonga find himself leading a new life as the Lord of Nazarick and his adventures outside the keep with Nabe.

3D CGI was pretty eh at some scenes but that's a problem in most anime I guess~