Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 3, 2017 2:49 AM

Sep 2010
So happy it's back! 24 more weeks of hysterical comedy for me! What I really love about this show is you can tell the staff cares about it a lot.

The OP/ED aren't as catchy as the first two but I'm sure they'll grow on me. The ED looks fantastic, I really like the style.

I can't believe Jyushimatsu ate a naked woman. Woo Slayers reference. (or just generic 90s anime w/e)
Oct 3, 2017 3:22 AM

Sep 2017
I kept smiling and screaming WTF like an idiot the entire episode xD They really captured the real life fanbase into this. I love the 3D Jyushi and live-action Totty(is that Miyu Irino? or just a random dude?) Osomatsu being cut off in the episode preview tho.
I missed these NEETs ;;
Oct 3, 2017 4:25 AM

Jun 2016
OHMYGOD. I MISSED THE SEXTUPLETS SO MUCH AND THIS WAS A GLORIOUS FIRST EPISODE. I WAS LAUGHING THROUGHOUT. I CAN'T CHILL. KYAAAAA! I'm so happy we get to see more of them. I hope this will be 2-cour just like its previous season.

So, if them 6 decided to live properly:

Osomatsu will be a proper person working at a company and having a proper family.

Karamatsu will be cyborg defeating bad guys.

Choromatsu will marry Totoko and will become a moe-ish romance-ish oldie animated, and will switch bodies. What the fuck. At least he married Totoko. Pffffft. FUck.

Ichimatsu became a He-man or some sort of god. WAHAHAHAHA.

Jyuushimatsu became a 3D character and he's still the same old Jyuushimatsu. OHMYGOOOOOD!

Aaaand Todomatsu became a live-action character. I'm dyiiiing.

This episode is a gem and it deserved my 9/10 already. Waaaaaah. We get to see more of this show's shenanigans and I missed hearing my fave seiyuus. I loved the new OP and ED, too. UGH MY LOVE FOR THIS SHOW IS GROWING MOOOOOORE! <3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 3, 2017 5:12 AM

Jan 2013
One episode and it's already a masterpiece, also the ending is awesome
Oct 3, 2017 5:22 AM

May 2008
LMAO
i love the Kimi no Na wa reference on the totoko x choromatsu body switching scene.
Oct 3, 2017 5:30 AM
Aug 2017
Z4k said:
Mayuka said:
They both have long hair lol

Eh the hair in the one I posted looks like twin tails unless I'm going blind. Not to mention, the women in the first one has a ring while we never see his wife wear one.

It didn't look like twin-tail, just her hair parted in a different way. And who wear their wedding ring if they are cheating? I think the wife didn't wear a ring is animation error.
Oct 3, 2017 5:49 AM

Dec 2016
This was a great season start. Packed full of over the top wacky insanity.
Nostalgic and fresh at the same time.
Yeah!!
Oct 3, 2017 6:06 AM

Jun 2015
Here we go again, with a first episode that was nothing like the actual anime...EXCEPT THIS TIME IT WAS FUCKIN AWESOME! I loved this episode, it was generally hilarious with the good ol' kind of crazy humor we all know and love from the first season.

I loved the OP and ED too. They're probably the best yet, which is saying a lot

Oct 3, 2017 6:12 AM

Nov 2010
Lol, Jyushimatsu ate that girl. haha.

Nice start, looking forward to more crazy adventures.
Oct 3, 2017 8:03 AM

Dec 2014
This show is as dumb as ever.

Love it.
I need sleep.
Oct 3, 2017 9:22 AM

Sep 2016
hgeronimo said:
Lol, Jyushimatsu ate that girl. haha.

Nice start, looking forward to more crazy adventures.

When you truly like butts, you better not be half-assed in the way you eat them
Oct 3, 2017 11:14 AM

Mar 2013
They made fun of Osomatsu fangirls lmao. I saw what they did there.

I'm so glad this is back, it was hilarious! Rich life got the worst out of them lol gross. Expectations met nonetheless, I love them ridiculous boys.
Oct 3, 2017 2:10 PM

Jun 2013
they are back and they killed it
Oct 3, 2017 2:19 PM

May 2014
Did they just throw all the genres together in one artistic cluster-fuck?!
That was great.
Loved how they were poking fun at how studios change stuff as soon as an anime becomes really popular. And all that knock-off LQ merch...we've all been there.

Best parts of the episode were live-action Totty and Hipster-Jesus Ichi on that hammock tho lmao

I'm happy with Fall season right now- more Gintama and Osomatsu make it automatically great so anything else is a bonus for me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2017 3:11 PM

Jul 2013
oh man, i've heard of going out with a bang, but talk about STARTING with a bang!

like most others, i was worried that s2 wouldn't be as good as s1 which may still be the case but for the time being this opening episode has completely assuaged my fears. :)

this is almost just as good as s1ep1 honestly. the parodies were spot on and as others have said seeing the different artistic mediums brought together as one was so trippy but fun! ngl i love how they did the your name. parody hahahah i have a soft spot for the 90s/early 00s art style though since that's what i grew up with...

i'm so glad to have this show back ^_^ it was something i looked forward to every week, and now i get to again!!!! i really hope this will be a 2 cour series as well...unless it would harm the story in some way then i'm happy with 12 episodes. quality > quantity
Oct 3, 2017 4:27 PM

Feb 2015
Ahhh! This was SO GOOD! Couldn't think of a better start for them. It focused on their future being scum or proper and I'm really happy with the conclusion that no matter what they do, they'll always end up being shitty NEETs. Great comedy to kick off with.

Production value has had a significant raise! I'm so glad the first season was popular, because that's really been put into this episode. It looked great, and they even had some integrated or experimental CGI.

The OP! The video was amazing! Seriously, it was a complete treat for the eyes. It flowed so nicely with the music, it just made me so happy. And the ED was a live action novel technique. Also very enjoyable. More visually appealing than the first 2 EDs.

Well all I can say is that they're doing this anime properly! Chanto!
Oct 3, 2017 9:20 PM
Jul 2015
Quick question, can i watch this season without finishing last season? Seen less than 10 episodes of last season. I guess i just watched or did something else beside finishing season 1. I do plan on finishing it just thought i could just see how the new season is looking like.
Oct 3, 2017 10:05 PM
Mar 2017
Second season, and they still have no future 😂
Hoping for 25 episodes again, I love this anime
Oct 3, 2017 11:36 PM

Oct 2012
Live action is proper? Pshhh

The animation difference though
I'm loving it, mostly because of the seiyuu xD

Well at least that was a proper episode aight xD
"Signature removed"
Oct 4, 2017 6:54 PM
Sep 2016
* As soon as I saw the Oso-kun sextuplets on screen again, I had a feeling we were going to get an episode like Episode 1 from last season.

*Seeing Iyami and Chibita's reactions were hilarious

*Loved the designs of Osomatsu and Jyushimatsu the best from the second half of the episode where they become proper.

*Honestly, I like Osomatsu (and Karamatsu I guess before he went sci fi) character designs when they become proper then the F6 designs.

*Loved that they did a callback to the episode with the live action sextuplets using Live Action Totty.

*Personally liked the ED this season then the OP but both were very enjoyable. The ED reminded me of those game pieces in the game of Life but I'm pretty sure this was what they were going for. lol

Overall, hilarious start to the funniest anime I've seen. 10/10
Oct 5, 2017 4:15 AM

Jul 2015
Oh god... I wasn't sure what to expect with this season... but nothing could have prepared me for this... this... grotesque mess of characters. And then the super normal, super proper second half... or it would have been, but dude turned into a freaking killer robot and everything just went to hell again ultimately ending with the Matsus getting nowhere at all. I look forward to seeing more of this.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Oct 5, 2017 10:48 PM

Sep 2017
I'm really hyped for Osomatu-san!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the only anime that makes me laugh from the bottom of my heart. The fat osomatu brothers really bothered me but after one of them showed up as actual person, I just realize how much I love this anime
『Re:ゼロから始める異世界生活』  Luv Re;zero   

Oct 6, 2017 3:52 AM
Nov 2016
Is there anything this anime won't poke fun at?

This is seriously amazing, they brought back the black and white intro from the legendary first episode of the first season, the episode which wasn't even aired in Japan.

They poked fun at the entire anime industry and even talked about how shitty anime tie ins and other collectibles are sold for high prices.

They even poked fun at mecha animes lol. The fact that this show doesn't consider itself to be a "proper-anime" is all the more funny. Osomatsu-san is back with a bang.

Ps- I absolutely laughed my ass off when the 3D Jyushimatsu and the Live Action Todomatsu showed up.... Lol
Oct 6, 2017 6:35 AM

Jan 2015
thesarcasticguy said:
the legendary first episode of the first season, the episode which wasn't even aired in Japan.
It was, but only once, before getting banned. It was never in any physical copy of the anime and can only be watched by pirating/streaming illegally.
Oct 6, 2017 9:13 AM

Mar 2015
I was hoped, they do some "isekai" joke. For example,Totty has returned from another world with his personal harem.
Oct 7, 2017 11:25 AM

Jun 2008
Yes! Finally this show is back! And i loved the first episode :D
Oct 7, 2017 2:10 PM

Jun 2016
Zera said:
MonoJuMal said:
Do I watch it now or wait till a good amount of episodes have gone by so I can watch it in one go?

Go watch it now, or at least that's what I did. The suspense would absolutely kill me, this show is comedic gold.

I tried so hard to keep it together and wait, but in the end I caved and watched the episode today. It was glorious. Everything about it was amazing.

Now I'm annoyed that I waited almost a week and didn't watch it earlier.
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Oct 7, 2017 6:10 PM

Jul 2011
Proper infidelity lmao. Off to a good start this season. <3

Welcome back Osomatsu!
Oct 8, 2017 6:04 PM

Jun 2015

10/10            
Oct 9, 2017 1:13 AM
Unfortunate One

Jul 2016
live action totty killed me. I am dead.

Oct 13, 2017 4:15 PM

Mar 2014
MY BABIES ARE BACK
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Oct 14, 2017 5:31 AM

Mar 2014
lol, "chanto! chanto! chanto!"
This episode was funny. Perhaps not as hilarious as the first episode of season 1, but still really great.
The OP was cool, but I liked the ED even more, especially with those colorful sentai explosions.
Looking forward to the next episode for sure.
::End of Transmission::

Oct 17, 2017 2:08 PM

Jul 2009
LOL, OK the first half was pretty troll, but I liked that it referred to the unexpected popularity of S1 XD The second half was hilarious lol, everything "properly" and even the insert song! The random anime genres and LIVE ACTION TODOMATSU! Then mecha battles omg haha. Turns out you can't please everyone no matter what you do, but the second half was hilarious :P The OP was very enjoyable, the animations in it were freaking epic lol. The ED sequence was cool too but the song not so much, though it was much in the same style as last season's :P Overall pretty good start, looking forward to seeing where this will go :O
Oct 31, 2017 6:54 AM

Jun 2013
They were all fat asses except for Ichimatsu who turned into a dirty hippie.

Osomatsu grew up and had a family. Someone said he was committing adultery too, I thought that was his wife with him in bed.

The live action Totty killed me.

3D Jyuushimatsu proves they can 3D this series and make it look fun, maybe for an OVA but not an entire series. I prefer the original animated style.

I'm waiting for all the dirty, sleazy jokes to start and them getting banned Gintama-style.
臭い-
Nov 11, 2017 11:03 AM

Apr 2014
Well look who's back, the holy six-inity!
I'll be hones, didn't enjoy this as much I wished for.
Dec 22, 2017 6:28 PM

Jul 2014
Well, that was a hell of a first episode, just like the first season's first ep.
Aug 8, 2018 9:51 PM

May 2012
Boy that sure was quite the special first episode of this second season of Osomatsu-san! But one thing is sure, I quite loved it :D The OP & ED songs were also pretty lovely! Looking forwards to see what's next.
Jul 8, 2022 11:23 AM

Jun 2020
What a proper first episode 💀💀 3d jyushi and live action totty were so funny lolol
Nov 25, 2023 11:57 AM
Aug 2022
That was another amazing kick-off!!!
These guys know how to start a season.

And the stop motion... I love these guys I love them.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Osomatsu-san 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2018

40 by phantom346 »»
Mar 24, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Osomatsu-san 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2018

20 by phantom346 »»
Mar 22, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Osomatsu-san 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2018

49 by phantom346 »»
Mar 22, 2:48 PM

Poll: » Osomatsu-san 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2017

26 by phantom346 »»
Mar 18, 10:18 PM

Poll: » Osomatsu-san 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2017

31 by phantom346 »»
Mar 18, 5:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.