Forum Settings
Forums
Oct 2, 2017 8:09 AM

Everytime I get the same dream. I don't dream everyday but whenever I do I get the same dream over and over. This started in early September.

I dream about riding a train where I gave a stranger seat (old lady) and after arriving on the destination, when I was about to get out someone stabs me. I'm pretty sure it was that old lady only.but when I woke up I cannot remember her face.

anyone had this same problem?

Oct 2, 2017 8:18 AM

Honestly, I got the same dream each year. It like dejavu, but it much different from your dream.
FOREVER ALONE!! YAAAAAAH!

Oct 2, 2017 8:33 AM

first I thought about telling my parents but then I realised that I'm not much bothered about it so there's no need to bother my parents. After all I'm not loosing my senses and I am still sane.

Oct 2, 2017 9:00 AM

You've been watching too much trashy anime so your subconsciousness is warning you to stop.

Oct 2, 2017 9:02 AM

Remember this for the next time you get this dream: Can't be stabbed by her if you stab her first

Oct 2, 2017 9:10 AM

I always dream about my highschool every now and then. I can't stop it and its getting annoying. Oh well I got used to it since I get it almost everyday.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017

Oct 2, 2017 9:12 AM

MangoYuri said:
You've been watching too much trashy anime so your subconsciousness is warning you to stop.

last anime I watched was ballroom e youkoso it was a bit weird.. the animation was so much funny when they danced.

Oct 2, 2017 9:28 AM

I've never had that phenomenon. Try visualizing something as you fall asleep, this will redirect your mind and possibly create a new dream this time lol.

Oct 2, 2017 9:30 AM

xLemon said:
I've never had that phenomenon. Try visualizing something as you fall asleep, this will redirect your mind and possibly create a new dream this time lol.

I have already tried that and I also have tried listening to music with headphones plugged but I don't think I will do it again as the next morning my ears were literally throbbing

Oct 2, 2017 9:31 AM

xChewy said:
xLemon said:

I have already tried that and I also have tried listening to music with headphones plugged but I don't think I will do it again as the next morning my ears were literally throbbing next morning

hmm. Guess you're trapped in an astral prison then. Sorry about that :P

Oct 2, 2017 9:39 AM

Just in case you are being serious:

Get a notebook and a pen, put them next to your bed, after waking up write down what happened in your dream as soon as possible. Also try to change something, like avoid getting stabbed for example.

Oct 2, 2017 9:48 AM

kawaii96desu said:

Get a notebook and a pen, put them next to your bed, after waking up write down what happened in your dream as soon as possible. Also try to change something, like avoid getting stabbed for example.

Well its like my brain has saved that memory and keeps on playing it in my dream

Oct 2, 2017 9:50 AM

I'm pretty sure a big reason for dreams like these are fears and paranoia. When I was young I remember always having the same dream about a Grim Reaper coming and killing me in my house.

I finally was fed up with this dream and walked straight to where the Grim Reaper was and let him kill me. Never had that dream again.

So try to get over the dream. If that helps.

CURRENT OTPS - Kaito Kid x Shinichi Kudou
CURRENT OBSESSION - Detective Conan
CURRENTLY PLAYING - Spyro | Crash Bandicoot
CURRENTLY LISTENING TO - WRLD: By Design
CURRENT HUSBAND - Kaitou Kid

Oct 2, 2017 9:52 AM

xChewy said:
kawaii96desu said:

Well its like my brain has saved that memory and keeps on playing it in my dream

No, your brain saves only the last few minutes (in your case from giving your seat to getting stabbed), dreams are usually a lot longer than that but you forget most of it the moment you wake up. That's why it's a lot better to have it on paper. There might be still some memories left few seconds after you wake up.

Oct 2, 2017 10:01 AM

So you want to stop having the dream?

Do some research on passenger trains. Also do some research on what it's like to be stabbed.

Your brain is curious. Satisfy its curiosity and you'll likely start dreaming of other things.

Oct 2, 2017 10:23 AM
Sometimes its very hard for me to differentiate dreams and reality. I'm not too sure about the other things though.

Oct 2, 2017 10:45 AM

Just don't read Freud's interpretation of dreams. The field of psychology does not take it seriously anymore.

It might mean you have some insecurity or unresolved passage of thought in the back of your mind. You might find some sort of resolution from interpreting your dreams, but it's more sensible to focus on the real-world things you actually experience and do something about them.
Viva la Vida.

Oct 2, 2017 11:17 AM

Dreams always means something - maybe something we don't know yet.

From what I know:
"I dream about riding a train"
- This could mean you have something on your shoulders (problems etc.) with your friends or someone else close to you.

"(old lady)"
- Could represent something that you still carry with you in your mind, something unnecessary.

"someone stabs me."
-This could mean you're losing your physical energy on something unnecessary, fear of something or aggression about something in your life.

Also if we look at "bleeding" or "killing":
- Bleeding always means you're losing your energy or somebody is taking it from you like if you have hard time with job/school, difficult time in your life etc. Which part of your body was stabbed?

Do you remember any colors, because those can mean something as well.

Oct 2, 2017 12:49 PM

spokenboot38 said:

From what I know:
- This could mean you have something on your shoulders (problems etc.) with your friends or someone else close to you.

"(old lady)"
- Could represent something that you still carry with you in your mind, something unnecessary.

"someone stabs me."
-This could mean you're losing your physical energy on something unnecessary, fear of something or aggression about something in your life.

- Bleeding always means you're losing your energy or somebody is taking it from you like if you have hard time with job/school, difficult time in your life etc. Which part of your body was stabbed?

Reading too deeply into dreams is what Freud did, and that got him laughed at by psychologists a modernity later.
Viva la Vida.

Oct 3, 2017 1:48 AM

Learn how to lucid dream and kill her first.

Men Are From Mars, 
Women Are From Venus 
and Gays Are From Uranus

Oct 3, 2017 2:33 AM

-BestGirl said:

it's not a game..
I can't control my dream at all

Oct 3, 2017 2:34 AM

spokenboot38 said:

From what I know:

"(old lady)"

"someone stabs me."

nah everything is colorless except the train it was pretty much red in color

Oct 3, 2017 2:40 AM

My friend, be careful the next time your riding a train. The dream could be warning u to get ready.
"Smile, no matter how much you're suffering!"

Oct 3, 2017 3:18 AM

xChewy said:
-BestGirl said:

it's not a game..
I can't control my dream at all

Then learn to control it. It's not that complicated.

If you practice being more aware of yourself during the day, the same mentality will be kept during the dreams, so having lucid dreams will be as common as just dreaming.

Doing reality checks from time to time also helps.

As an example, I find it quite difficult to read in dreams as the texts usually shift during the reading. So everytime I'm just having a common dream and it happens, I perceive it's a dream and get to control the surroundings.

Yeah, it takes some time and effort but imo, it pays off.

Men Are From Mars, 
Women Are From Venus 
and Gays Are From Uranus

Oct 3, 2017 4:21 AM
better talk to a clinical psychologist about it
and never read about Freud's psychoanalysis stuff since its just pseudoscience they say

Oct 3, 2017 6:22 AM

It's because it's going to happen to you irl.

Oct 3, 2017 6:46 AM

I've had horrific dreams all the time. Dreamt up pretty disgusting scenes, watches people get killed and died in quite a few of them too.

Ultimately the way to deal with it is to wake up and enjoy your life. I personally get my day started with a nice cup of tea.
I swear I'm not a lolicon.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Opinions are all relevant. I express mine freely and believe everyone should too. Unless you say "<Insert anime here> is the best! Everything else sucks", then GTFO.
My MAL Interview

Oct 3, 2017 11:17 AM

xChewy said:
nah everything is colorless except the train it was pretty much red in color

Okey, red also means energy. So I'd say this dream has something to do with your energy; either losing it or needing to get it more (/back).

Oct 3, 2017 12:06 PM

I got the same thing to but kinda different from yours.

Everytime I get sick, I always dream about the same dream over and over before I get well. I don't remember there whole scenario of my dream but I always woke up with fear and emptiness after I dream.
Signature is too good to show. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Oct 3, 2017 12:08 PM

xChewy said:
Everytime I get the same dream. I don't dream everyday but whenever I do I get the same dream over and over. This started in early September.

I dream about riding a train where I gave a stranger seat (old lady) and after arriving on the destination, when I was about to get out someone stabs me. I'm pretty sure it was that old lady only.but when I woke up I cannot remember her face.

anyone had this same problem?
is your dream looks pretty realistic?
Signature is too good to show. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.