Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 1 Discussion

Oct 22, 2017 9:27 AM
I just finished the first episode and...I really like it! Love it, even! My only real gripe was when Yuuri pointed her gun at Chito over the food...which makes no sense considering they found a whole box full of rations and they're clearly seen putting it in their tank. Why fight over something they have a whole bunch of? I thought it seemed a bit unnecessary and didn't add much. But other than that, I thought it was great! Finally, an anime in recent years that hasn't made me cringe!...well, hopefully. Here's hoping it DOESN'T have panty shots or boob groping. If it does, I'm dropping it like a hot potato.

Oct 28, 2017 5:08 AM

started watching... this is peaceful and melancholic at the same time.

I might follow this 'till the end.

Oct 30, 2017 12:26 AM

I don't like the desings of the characters, yeah, they are cute but
does not fit here. The soundrack is great and the animation of outside i love it. Sadly, the comedy is forced and ruin that moment of tension.
Life has no meaning.

Nov 1, 2017 1:00 AM

for the gun/ration scene, maybe the girls are traumatized by some tragic event in the past so pointing a gun would not really have scared them at all. maybe it was more like an edgy joke between the two.

Nov 10, 2017 10:56 AM
Gunpla Builder

Oh, my... survival over friendship

Nov 17, 2017 9:15 AM

I really like where this is going... "Cute girls giving thoughtful lines while doing cute things" (Or CGGTLWDCT)

The second half alone could have been an interesting short, I hope they continue to deliver scenes like that one

Pretty interesting show in summary, totally worth the try.

Nov 17, 2017 10:53 PM

A moe-blob show in a post-apocalyptic setting!!??

Count me the fuck in!!!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy

Nov 18, 2017 1:04 AM
Wow, I'm glad I tried out this anime. It's a good one.

They are both so kawaii, I can't handle AJDHDXHD.

At first I was really shocked when that girl pointed the gun at another girl just because of a chocolate, I thought something was gonna happen, luckily it was just a joke haha.

Really like the animation as well, it's a beautiful ep.

5/5
I love anime and kpop! <3 BLINK and SONE

Nov 21, 2017 7:22 PM

YES! Loved it right from the get-go. It's so cute and the girls' chemistry is already feeling like I've been watching this for a while. The art is so simple (which is a pro) and it's able to distinguish itself because of it. I also really like the contrast between how easygoing and melancholic it is. The atmosphere is just like the snow; light and fluffy at first, but becomes heavier as it builds up.

If there's 11 more of these, then count this as my AOTS.

Nov 23, 2017 4:32 AM

Tythoid said:
Has a 90s feel to it which I like,..
alpha_shadow said:
That was surprisingly great. Very atmospheric and well paced. Loved the world and the characters. Music was very fitting as well, this is going to be a great watch.

I somehow found the atmosphere to be very Christmassy =)
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi

Dec 5, 2017 5:46 AM

So this is how Metro 2033 looks like with anime girls as protagonists xD

Once Hanayo always Hanayo, I mean glutton xD
Also Kubo Yurika sounds a bit like Konata from Lucky Star
"Signature removed"

Dec 12, 2017 6:59 PM

This looks fantastic! Can't wait for more.

Dec 18, 2017 6:58 AM

In a bleak, empty world where everyone is dead, two moe girls with wide eyes dab their way to a sense of happiness.

Chito appears to be the leader of sorts. Yuuri isn't too concerned about anything as long as she can have a nap. Though she's certainly struggling in terms of being hungry, trying to eat her own hand as she fantasizes about soup in her dreams.

The little flashbacks/dreams we saw suggest that everyone else didn't die/disappear until very recently.

"So good!" Is it? Because that soup looked kinda like motor oil. Maybe I'm spoiled from how anime food usually looks. I guess that when it's all you've got, you'll have to convince yourself motor oil soup is "so good".

I'm a little disappointed Yuuri didn't actually try eating the tank. Chito was over there like "Do it. No balls."

"War means killing one another, right? Why'd they do that?" Because humans are bad. Except for you two. You two seem too wholesome and good for this world. Unfortunately, you're not going to be able to repopulate it together, so everything's kinda screwed after you two die.

"No idea what chocolate is, though..." Okay, now I'm not entirely sure how long the world's been screwed up for. Chito and Yuuri have apparently never been alive during a time in which chocolate was a common treat.

"Don't move." Shit, Yuuri, it's not funny in this kind of situation to joke about shooting a bitch over chocolate. Chito seemed legitimately freaked out for a minute.

Nothing wrong with eating snow...as long as it's not yellow. Hey, where do these two go to the bathroom?
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"

Dec 26, 2017 1:52 PM

That's quite the moeblob fest if you ask me! Pretty interesting setting, really would love to see some backstory about these characters and this world! The pacing was surprisingly great, so really looking forwards to see what's next!

Dec 30, 2017 1:52 AM

-What's the deal with the WWII aesthetic? Does anime/manga have to pander so much to the Wehrmacht otaku these days?
I'd prefer an original vehicle design instead of meticulous reproduction of nazi vehicles.

Jan 4, 2018 11:30 AM

Even if she was joking, pointing a gun at her friend was pretty fucked up.

Feb 7, 2018 7:13 AM
i quite love this anime so far,its funny, while it has its elements of war and despair i think i'm gonna like this anime!

Feb 7, 2018 2:03 PM

Really impressive premier episode. The atmosphere really felt like of a world that is coming to an end. The view from the tank or whatever they were riding was extremely well done. It almost felt like Girls und Panzer but the atmosphere is pretty dope.

This is how anime should be done. The first episode got me hooked.

5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.

Mar 1, 2018 7:17 PM

Firstly. INORI MINASE IS ONE OF THE TWO MAIN CHARACTERS OH YES!!!

Secondly, I really love post-apocalyptic dystopia as a theme so this show should definitely be fun for me. The comedy is fun and cute despite the dreary surroundings, which give me a feeling that all that calm can evaporate in a second, like how we saw Yuu take the last ration at gunpoint.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.

Mar 30, 2018 10:26 PM

I'm liking what I see. Amazing atmosphere and setting, and so far two pleasant characters that play off each other well.

Surprised how many people misinterpreted the gunpoint seen. It wasn't really a joke so much as a lesson.

Apr 14, 2018 10:12 AM
This was a cute episode. Hope the anime stays good the remaining 11 episodes.^^

May 6, 2018 2:44 PM

The long, dark corridor feels so ominous, but man, I appreciate the amount of work put into the background. The rust on the pipes look so natural and damp. The sound effects made me feel immersive.
Idk about anyone else here, but the use of black, white and grey is REALLY interesting to me. Most anime are very colorful in order to give life to a scene, but in this, even if almost everything makes up of mostly grey shades, it has a colorful personality.

Seems like the girls' uniforms are WWI inspired outfits. I had to look it up myself. They look amazing and adorable!

The way they handle flashbacks is very interesting. The vehicle the drive in, how they cook and eat their food, I'm thoroughly convinced the art theme is inspired by WWI.

If I have to summarize what I just witnessed on the first episode thus far, it's like putting Lucky Star characters in post-apocalyptic Japan.

Oct 11, 2019 2:25 PM
What a cute thing!
This episode was really fun, the characters are very cute and the mood of the anime is very good.
And this episode ending? It was a surprise!

Oct 28, 2019 3:10 PM

Good story xD, after war earth look like hell.

Dec 21, 2019 2:30 PM

Their vehicle is not a motorbike its a Sd.Kfz._2 a gun tractor. Geez MAL have you never played CoH?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sd.Kfz._2

Dec 26, 2019 6:02 PM
Palm Heights apartment project is located in Nam Rach Chiec urban area (in An Phu ward, District 2). The project will provide customers with quality and classy apartments. In addition, Palm Heights also owns perfect utilities, serving the needs of the population. The project wishes to bring residents the best living environment.
Palm Heights apartment is a condo project developed by Keppel Land, is integrated with many high-class and outstanding utilities that will bring luxury and classy living space to the upper class.
https://homeready.com.vn/palm-heights-for-rent/

Jan 23, 8:29 PM

War is very horrible, nothing good comes from it..
Why there's no other people? and why no dead bodies?

Mar 7, 7:20 PM

For some reasons, song that played at the end of this EP reminds me Enya...
What is it, by the way? :C
Modified by RastaManGames, Mar 7, 9:01 PM

Mar 19, 4:05 PM

So Yuuri, the blonde haired girl, essentially robbed Chito, the black haired girl, over the last of the rations, in the guise of a soft-hearted albeit greedy half-joke. Yuuri could have split the last bar between the two, but instead opted to being selfish, which shows her true nature, not even considering that _both_ girls could split the last bar.
Elapsam semel occasionem
non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
(Not even Jupiter can find a lost opportunity)

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

Preview MangaManga Store