Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
WorldEnd: What Do You Do at the End of the World? Are You Busy? Will You Save Us?
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 2, 2017 4:48 AM
Mar 2017
This anime deserves more
Oct 2, 2017 5:21 AM

Apr 2016
7.86 is not enough ?
Oct 2, 2017 5:31 AM
Jan 2017
my score is 8, and i think it is okay
Oct 2, 2017 7:48 AM

Mar 2016
The novel is even better and deserves the place it's at.
Oct 31, 2017 7:27 PM
Jul 2017
Yeah finished the LNs last month. Probably the best thing I've read this year.
Nov 1, 2017 6:10 PM
Jul 2017
It was one of the best I have seen in a while. I really enjoyed every minute of it!
Nov 1, 2017 6:15 PM
Jul 2018
Swagernator said:
7.86 is not enough ?

I think he meant the popularity when it comes to the series. Not the score. Then again I might need to check the "completion" one.

>64k

Well it is rather underrated in a way :T

Nov 1, 2017 6:30 PM

Mar 2013
I don't think it's unreasonable for it's score to stay below 8 in spite of all that it did right for the simple reason that the ending was not, in any sense, satisfying.

It needs a second season or an OVA or a movie or something to give it a proper conclusion but lacking that, this is what it's going to be.
Nov 2, 2017 7:58 AM

Apr 2013
fst said:
I don't think it's unreasonable for it's score to stay below 8 in spite of all that it did right for the simple reason that the ending was not, in any sense, satisfying.

It needs a second season or an OVA or a movie or something to give it a proper conclusion but lacking that, this is what it's going to be.

Errr there's plenty of unfinished stories among the top 50 anime on MAL. One of the most recent examples being Made in Abyss, that ends probably in an even less conclusive way than Sukasuka, and it didn't stop it from reaching as high as the 18th place.

So while you have a point with it not being finished, I would say that being finished or not doesn't seem to be that big of an obstacle for a far better rating that this. So not sure the low rating comes from there.

Anyway, I'm not sure I would really bother with MAL's ratings to begin with.
There are plenty of peoples who create multiple fake accounts to raise the rating of their favourite animu (as well as anything with the same name in another medium) and downvote anything they hated/that is easy to downrate due to low amount of ratings/that is ranked above their beloved animu.

For example novel-side Sukasuka novel is currently under that kind of "attack" with dozen of fake account rating it with 3s and 2s.
Main culprits I've seen doing that kind of shit novel side on MAL are the LOGH and the Umineko/Higurashi fanbase; but they're probably not the only ones, and novel side is just easier to spot, it happens anime side and manga side as well, in a far larger scale to boot.

With such shitty behaviour, hidden gems like Sukasuka novels (and to a degree, anime) who enjoy a relatively good average rating while having a low amount of rating creating it are perfect targets for massive downrating.

So I would say, don't bother with rating on MAL, it's completely rigged.
ZefyrisNov 2, 2017 8:05 AM
Nov 2, 2017 8:30 AM

Sep 2017
It is still a mystery why people take mal ratings seriously.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Nov 2, 2017 6:11 PM

Mar 2013
Zefyris said:
Errr there's plenty of unfinished stories among the top 50 anime on MAL. One of the most recent examples being Made in Abyss, that ends probably in an even less conclusive way than Sukasuka, and it didn't stop it from reaching as high as the 18th place.

So while you have a point with it not being finished, I would say that being finished or not doesn't seem to be that big of an obstacle for a far better rating that this. So not sure the low rating comes from there.

Well yea, but my issue isn't that it's unfinished; my issue is that it's unsatisfying. It just happens that the reason it's unsatisfying is because its unfinished (and also cause it left off at an unsatisfying spot).

Zefyris said:
There are plenty of peoples who create multiple fake accounts to raise the rating of their favourite animu (as well as anything with the same name in another medium) and downvote anything they hated/that is easy to downrate due to low amount of ratings/that is ranked above their beloved animu.

It's no secret that MAL (or for that matter any large enough group on aggregate... for example, the entire nation of Japan) has shit taste, so of course the only real purpose for MAL ratings is to complain bitterly about them being out of step with our personal opinions.
Nov 3, 2017 12:05 AM

Jul 2013
Such a super underrated show. It really just came out at a bad time. It having a super long title and being a light novel really screwed it. If it had come out 3 years ago it would have been a huge hit. Really sucks. I would read the light novels myself but the fan translation isn't so hot. Hopefully it either somehow gets a S2 (which I doubt) or the light novels get an official translation.
Nov 3, 2017 6:19 AM

Apr 2013
fst said:
Zefyris said:

Well yea, but my issue isn't that it's unfinished; my issue is that it's unsatisfying. It just happens that the reason it's unsatisfying is because its unfinished (and also cause it left off at an unsatisfying spot).

Zefyris said:

It's no secret that MAL (or for that matter any large enough group on aggregate... for example, the entire nation of Japan) has shit taste, so of course the only real purpose for MAL ratings is to complain bitterly about them being out of step with our personal opinions.

Not really a problem of shit taste here, creating multiples accounts is just tempering with the real scores, and on top of this most of the time those peoples haven't even read what they're downvoting, sometimes, not even read what they're upvoting either.
If it was real rating of 1 per person and only from persons who read it, then I would be ok with it no matter the result. But it's not.
And that's why I'm saying that MAL mean rating is of little importance, because it fails even at representing the real opinion of its users.
Nov 3, 2017 6:35 AM

May 2016
That title is cancer, fuck this anime.
Nov 4, 2017 10:55 PM
Aug 2017
I'm waiting for another adaption of this.
Nov 4, 2017 11:04 PM

Apr 2014
If I remember the season right, this anime was far from underrated.
But you can't expect people to keep talking about it forever.
Nov 21, 2017 4:32 AM
Aug 2014
I really love this anime😊 however i admit there’s problems with it. Though I don’t get why long titles are bad or why many people have bias against it.Its not perfect or as good as Made in Abyss but at least better than majority of the anime I seen this year.
Nov 26, 2017 3:00 PM

Oct 2015
fst said:

the ending was unsatisfactory and a bit hazy but still it does not deserve a rating of an 7.86.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 9, 2017 1:02 PM

Oct 2013
Disagree tbh, I thought the last episode was a great finale but it was a chore to get there.
Dec 14, 2017 8:23 PM
Jul 2015
I think the ending was a bit rushed and a lot of things didn't get explained (unless I missed them somehow). A second season or an OVA might help wrap some things up and bring more closure.
Mar 5, 2018 7:32 AM
Jun 2015
I kinda agree. Anime like this should be about 8<x<9 out 10.
But it seems there's a lot of people who vote it due to how bad its name is. Most of the bad comments about this anime are like most on "The name is too long" "This name means nothing"
Thx to how long its name is not many people try it. Only a few do that. I check some officially Japanese side and it was like that too.

This is the official Japanese ranking in Spring http://blog.hackadoll.com/2017/05/2017spring-animeresult.html (SukaSuka got the No.4!!)
This is the official Japanese ranking in Spring and Summer
http://blog.hackadoll.com/2017/09/anime-award2017ssrsl.html?m=1 (SukaSuka got the No.1!!)
If that was also the case for MAL then it means that people will start watching in Summer then the first review they will see is this.

The reviews by "agendator" which somehow got 197 people said its helpful
"Did you ever get that feel of "this could be great if" while reading or watching something? This feel is exactly what this anime is about. A story with huge potential, but undermined. Undermined by the author's lack of proper writing skills. By conventions of a degenerated form of writing. And by a not so good adaptation.

This show can pass by as your average light novel adaptation with ease. Hella long title you won't remember no matter what. A cast of characters with names difficult to read or memorize. Male MC that shoves up people's ass his set of morals once in a while. MC's love interest that goes melodramatic and cry several times. Yet you can find here the tragedy of a man. A man that lost everything, and ends up in some state of suspended animation until he is awaken many years later in a "foreign" world (Captain America, huh?). The cute heroine is actually a weapon of mass destruction that can die any time for the sake of the world. High stakes for the love interests and the risk of emotional loss could make this a great love story, right?

Problem is, the show couldn't decide whenever it wanted to be a dull light novel adaptation or a good story. This leaded to a confusing presentation and lack of self-awareness. Say, they present you with a little depth of Willem's character. It is reedeming and set him as a "not your typical LN male MC at all". And, show a few seconds later one of the most cringe-inducing reactions that a plain tsundere girl can have. Breakdowns like this are destructive to suspension of disbelief.

But in the long run, the show saves itself from the mediocrity valley. Remember the love story? What blooms here is the most organic romance I have seen in anime, at least in a while. Never two people falling in love with each other felt so natural. Chtholly (I swear I didn't look up the character list) slowly evolves into a housewife in hopes to become a better person for Willem. Willem in turn tries to overcome his own fears of another loss so he can give Chtholly the love she deserves. Both of them reach the stage of mutual love step by step. It's simple, but it works.

The show goes up and down since episode one, between LN's conventions and good writing. There's a immersive post-apocalyptic setting. A well-tied set of emotional stakes, great OST and some gorgeous visuals. But there are one-sided characters, with single tropes defining them. Also a typical LN setup, and some crappy CGI.

As bad as this series might sound, it's good enough. At least, the LN medium isn't completely doomed. The guy who wrote this is talented, but needs to polish his skills and broaden his writing experience, which seems narrow yet.

"How do you fall in love at the end of the world?" - This alone would be a better name, although still long. Keep your titles short and easy to read they say. The name "SukaSuka" means nothing to me. So how I'm supposed to call for this show?"

From what I see is there's no detail about how bad this anime is at all. The only thing is "This anime name means nothing"
But there are those who are too busy and need to check the review to know if its worth their time or not so it will make the score gone down for no reason too. I have done a small research on how people thinks and it seem from my view people don't really know it till summers. Hope this will prove to be helpful for you all.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2018 8:34 AM
Mar 2017
Since it aired on animax the popularity rise

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2017

458 by -ODA- »»
Apr 9, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

133 by toralbabs »»
Nov 6, 2023 7:11 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2017

148 by toralbabs »»
Nov 6, 2023 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2017

144 by toralbabs »»
Nov 5, 2023 2:04 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2017

130 by toralbabs »»
Nov 3, 2023 8:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.