Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
How many of you like or dislike Shokugeki No Souma ?
Oct 1, 2017 11:34 PM

Sep 2017
Wow, according to my last forum post many people either hate the anime and the manga or think its just boring and stuff and i am like -_- ...

I mean why do u hate it that much ?

Whatever u say it aint changing my op on the anime and the manga - i actually like the plot ..
sxbixx
Oct 1, 2017 11:36 PM

Apr 2016
Its just another battle shounen, with dense MC and screams, orgasmic reactions.

But its average.
Oct 1, 2017 11:42 PM

Apr 2016
Don't see a reason to hate this anime. But if you hate or like SnS then that's your personal opinion.
Oct 1, 2017 11:44 PM

Mar 2015
start out decent, until azami saga... it make no sense...

sxbixx said:
Wow, according to my last forum post many people either hate the anime and the manga or think its just boring and stuff and i am like -_- ...

people have different opinon, what a surprise... /s

sxbixx said:

Hate? ehh... it's too strong words...

sxbixx said:
Whatever u say it aint changing my op on the anime and the manga - i actually like the plot ..

then why even make post on forum?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 1, 2017 11:45 PM

Apr 2015
I like it a lot. One of the biggest reasons is that I'm a food lover (I mean, who isn't?). Seeing the thought/creation process, and subsequent cooking of those dishes is rather orgasmic. While the reactions are over-the-top, I could somewhat relate when, on rare occasions, I get to eat transcendentally delicious dishes. There are times when I, like the show's characters, get consumed by an overwhelming dish.

In terms of the anime, I did like the first season more than the second. Firstly, the first season had twice the number of episodes. While the second season was very intense and dramatic, I preferred the mix of drama and fun of the first season. Most importantly, Megumi's development was incredibly rewarding in the first season. In the second, she was only relevant for a few episodes. The other character's development were not nearly as engaging.
Oct 1, 2017 11:45 PM

May 2015
I mostly like the manga with some things that I am not a fan of.
It's entertaining, light-hearted with some nice moments but that regards the manga, the anime puts too much focus on the things that I am not a fan of so I stopped watching it because I was bord.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2017 11:46 PM

Aug 2017
I don't watch nor read it. So it's not bothering me more than it exists.

Actually, I watch few first episode and didn't find it interesting. So there's that.

The thing is, they're not trying to tell you that you should feel bad about it and change your opinion. I think people express their dislike on something more because the sake of doing it, and it's perfectly normal for any anime to have some hater around the block.

You seem too concerned that people talk bad things about it. Just relax and enjoy your show.
"I'm tired, Boss. Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly at each other."
- John Coffey, Green Miles
Oct 1, 2017 11:49 PM

Jan 2010
Moved from Anime Discussion

I mean...I find it interesting for its subject of cooking, as it's part of an emerging subset of titles that start to take on topics that fall outside of the general action/adventure battle stories, yet it's not exactly a sports anime either. There's definite competitions, but it's interesting to see anime approach cooking as passionate as it does. Yes, there are food orgasms. Yes, there is repetition in the flow of the cook offs. I don't hold the show in super high regard, but I appreciate that it certainly shows off a lot about cooking, particularly how it addresses the business aspect of being a chef. The story and the characters are rather simple, but as I see 'em, they're nice ways for more casual anime fans to become more accustomed to different subject matters they may not be familiar with.
Oct 1, 2017 11:50 PM

Jul 2016
Going just by the anime, I liked the first season and was okay with the second. Souma himself kinda pisses me off though. Megumi and Erina are both too good for him.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2017 12:23 PM

May 2012
I did hate this show when it aired.

But now I watched the 1st 3 episodes again yesterday and I enjoyed it a lot. I don't know why !! It is much better than what I remember

I'm the only one who voted "Do Not Like ?" when you made this thread few days ago. I can't change my vote anymore

Oct 4, 2017 12:27 PM

Jan 2013
It's basically a trash show with a food fetish thing going on. Since it's shit, I'll watch it to shit more on it.
Oct 4, 2017 12:44 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
It was good at first, but since the whole show is essentially based on competitive cooking and foodgasms... it eventually runs out of steam and starts reusing the same plot elements over and over and succumbs to excessive repetition. If it wasn't a popular shounen manga it could probably have been shorter and thus ultimately better, but as is it's just getting milked far beyond what the story can really support. I mean it's not as stale as let's say Nisekoi eventually turned out but I'd be lying if I said the story is very interesting anymore
Oct 4, 2017 1:05 PM

Feb 2015
Not that I hate it, I find it to be entertaining but quite repetitive at the same time. The food's what keeps me going at this point.

Also, Erina is shit, and she's obviously the main girl, so that's a bad point for me.
Oct 8, 2017 5:27 PM
Oct 2017
is a very good anime, I think some people do not like for the reactions to the time to taste the food and I know it at the beginning I did not like that, but then you see the funny side, also the anime has many real tricks you can use in the kitchen and souma is a very good protagonist
Nov 6, 2017 11:31 AM

Aug 2015
I like it very much but only on scan as I don't really like adaptation from manga to anime that much.
"Slowly but surely."-Me

Hey Pals Let's Be Unique!
Nov 6, 2017 11:35 AM

May 2015
Don't listen to the haters. It's a fantastic series.

Nov 8, 2017 10:15 AM
Oct 2017
I personally really enjoy it, it is your typical shounen sure, but it is great dumb fun for when you want to switch your brain off and just relax. Also, it's one of the least filler shounens which is always appreciated
Nov 8, 2017 10:40 AM

Sep 2017
I actually love it. It has gotten a bit worse in the central arc ( manga ) but it's still incredibly fun. What makes me love it however is the emotion put into the reactions of the food. The way it can heal those with problems etc.
Nov 8, 2017 11:08 AM

Nov 2016
I don't hate it, but it gets boring from time to time so I have dropped it several times (the manga as well as the anime). Whenever I pick it up again I don't even bother with catching up and just read or watch the latest release. Surprisingly it's still easy to follow what's going on.

What I find boring:
- The reactions (aka "food orgasms"). Because I was a huge fan of Yakitate Ja-pan and the judges there had some high level reactions that never failed to make me laugh until my sides hurt.
- Most of the characters are meh, specially Tadokoro, Aldini (the eldest), the pink haired girl who is always with Erina, Mimasaka, Hayama and his stupid teacher, the whole polar star cast (except for Isshiki-senpai), the whole elite 10 (except for Isshiki, Erina, Tsukasa, maybe Rindo, and Eizan though he disgusts me big deal) and other minor characters that I won't even bother to name.
- Some times the explanations of how they made the dishes are way too long.

Though I keep coming back to see how Souma is doing. I really like him.
Aug 31, 2018 7:50 AM
Aug 2018
Kuma said:
start out decent, until azami saga... it make no sense...

sxbixx said:

people have different opinon, what a surprise... /s

sxbixx said:

Hate? ehh... it's too strong words...

sxbixx said:

then why even make post on forum?

SPOILERS!

I can't agree more. I really liked the Manga, especially when master shinomiya was on screen, but the arc that began now, with Souma's "brother", and the previous one with Azami, they are so pretentious!

I just scroll through the chapters, but everything is so forced, so very "fan servicey", like if the author himself was out of good ideas, and is just spewing out arcs to satisfy his publishers.

I think Souma and the gang received their positions in the "council" much too soon too. I was hoping that it would happen at earliest in his second year, not in the first one. I guess he wanted to wrap it up quicker. I suspect that we won't see SnS much longer, this seems to me like ending throes.
Oct 5, 2018 7:54 AM
Oct 2018
Well, if only Hell's Kitchen manga continued, then I would recommend it to other people than SnS. Honestly, even though the Hell's Kitchen manga is lacking in many aspects, such as depth, the characters are likeable and definitely more interesting and a breeze to read because the drama and seriousness is not too much, I definitely enjoyed it more than SnS. Up to other people's preferences though, your question is like someone asking children and adults if they like green peas or nah. Of course someone's bound to say no. Nothing is perfect in this world.
Oct 18, 2018 1:26 PM
Mar 2017
To me it’s just a perverted smutty anime at least to me.
May 16, 2019 12:17 PM
Oct 2016
After seeing the first three episodes few years ago, i was instantly hooked. Shortly after that, i started reading the manga. To this day, it's still one of my favorite series.
May 16, 2019 1:17 PM

Jun 2016
It is definitely the best ecchi series out there
Sep 18, 2022 2:54 PM
Mar 2018
What I like is Shokugeki no Souma season 1.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2015

330 by Phaeton777 »»
Yesterday, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

636 by o_ob6o_o »»
Apr 11, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2015

221 by Emejotis »»
Apr 4, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2015

186 by Duany »»
Mar 9, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Favorite op?

infinite_Shadows - Dec 31, 2023

13 by Arrow02 »»
Jan 2, 7:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.