Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Oct 2, 2017 2:48 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 976
Every anime has its own haters, & one person demanding haters stop hating an anime is not going to do anything. Sorry.
 
Oct 2, 2017 2:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 1320
i hate gintama and it's fan base. i think its stupid that 1 episode is out on the new one and 75% of the votes are 10. but i dont care enough to really do much about it. and i never really look at the top anime anyway
 
Oct 2, 2017 2:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 1063
Kittens-kun said:

"different opinion" That's hilarious. All of the 1's are bs. It's obvious.


I won't dispute that. They gave a 1 out of spite, and most likely 99% of them are bogus alt accounts.

That still doesn't change the fact that people have a "different opinion" and don't think Gintama is one of the best anime series out there.
You're never too old to watch anime.
If I ever stop watching anime, check my pulse I'm likely dead.

I wake up with coffee & anime, I go to sleep with coffee & anime.

Sorry if my sarcasm is bad, it's not my first language.


 
Oct 2, 2017 3:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 6560
Lord_Lamington said:
i hate gintama and it's fan base. i think its stupid that 1 episode is out on the new one and 75% of the votes are 10. but i dont care enough to really do much about it. and i never really look at the top anime anyway
Votes are subject to change, it has happened plenty of times with a show only being 1-2 episodes in and having multiple 10s, then at the end those 10s get changed.
 
Oct 2, 2017 3:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 32195
Older_than_dirt said:
Kittens-kun said:

"different opinion" That's hilarious. All of the 1's are bs. It's obvious.


I won't dispute that. They gave a 1 out of spite, and most likely 99% of them are bogus alt accounts.

That still doesn't change the fact that people have a "different opinion" and don't think Gintama is one of the best anime series out there.


yeah but noone is complaining about that, people complain about the hateful out of spite downrating without even watching just because of some irrational sense of rating jealousy. That's a few steps beyond just 'having a different opinion'.
Too Old To Die Young


Aesthetic value can be recognized or experienced, but it cannot be conveyed to those who are incapable of grasping its sensations and perceptions. To quarrel on its behalf is always a blunder.
 
Oct 2, 2017 3:24 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 291
Giving FMA:B a 1 score and then appealing to everyone not to do the same bullshit with his favorite cartoon.A perfect example of hypocrisy.
 
Oct 2, 2017 3:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 529
Welp, what can you do, every anime will have its haters.
Doesn't matter much to me anyway, its not like they're taking the enjoyment I get from watching it away.

 
Oct 2, 2017 3:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 907
Scarlett_ryuken said:
cause fmab is the best anime duh, and if you dont agree you're an elitist so mal and gintama fans are elitists




Do you mean FMAB is not good for calling Gintama fans elitists?



smell of coffee
songs of sleep



 
Oct 2, 2017 3:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 10746
urm yea that /shrug

idk man i just pulled some shit out of my ass
Grand Saber is a Saber Shiki wielding Excalibur and has Ayako Kawasumi's voice.
Grand Lancer is Shinji Pseudo-Servant of Odin using Gungnir.
Gand Rider is Sieg-Fafnir wielding the full power of the Greater Grail.
Grand Berserker is actually evil and is Mashuu alter taken over by the main villain Galahad.
Grand Assassin is a shared role, that belongs to Mata Hari and Charlotte Corday.
Grand Caster is Hakuno wielding Fourth magic and can summon Amaterasu.
Grand Archer is a Heracules from a Losbtelt where he destoryed his entire lostbelt.
The Twist with the grand servants is that half of them aren't actual heroic spirits while one is evil.
 
Oct 2, 2017 3:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 2463
instead of ranking by score, rank them by popularity with the excepiton of SAO being there. that way is better
 
Oct 2, 2017 3:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 32195
Gintama fans aren't just elitist, we're supremacist. We shall dominate this community and if you don't like it you can go to kitsu or w/e :>
Too Old To Die Young


Aesthetic value can be recognized or experienced, but it cannot be conveyed to those who are incapable of grasping its sensations and perceptions. To quarrel on its behalf is always a blunder.
 
Oct 2, 2017 3:39 AM

Online
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 5664
I trust Gintama's ratings about as much as I trust North Korean propaganda because there's so many people who spam it with 1/10s, and people with 10/10 spam accounts on top of things like being long running and the amount of sequels that I'm really not at all convinced that the rating speaks for itself or is anything except a battleground between two sides acting petty, mixed with some of what I perceive to be the shortcomings of MAL's rating system for good measure.

That said, I plan to watch it myself eventually regardless of the dumb drama surrounding its ratings, because I am interested in it, but I hear that it's got a really poor start, and I can't find a consistent answer to when that poor start ends and I don't want to just aimlessly wander around right now waiting for a series to get good. So I've really got to wait until I feel like it.
 
Oct 2, 2017 3:48 AM
</overrated>

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 5141
It's whatever. Does anybody on this website even flinch at the ranking list anymore. I certainly don't.
 
Oct 2, 2017 3:55 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 0
Manaban said:
That said, I plan to watch it myself eventually regardless of the dumb drama surrounding its ratings, because I am interested in it, but I hear that it's got a really poor start, and I can't find a consistent answer to when that poor start ends and I don't want to just aimlessly wander around right now waiting for a series to get good. So I've really got to wait until I feel like it.
Some people say it takes like 100 episodes! So good luck!

I liked it since episode 3 (episodes 1 and 2 are just filler) so I dunno, it is not much of a case with it simply getting good. Because even if it gets better it does not magically become different, well aside that later on there is more story arcs. So it still should be relatively easy to decide whether it is worth a watch after a few episodes, not sure how much exactly but the general feel of the show does not change much... tho the hell do I know, I am still far from getting past the episode 100 mark.
 
Oct 2, 2017 4:03 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 6
Eh i'm gonna give it a one just for the hell of it and tbh an anime can be fun with so much toilet humor and testicle jokes that were ripped of from another equally shi##y show (Naruto) no wonder people call Gintama the Family guy of anime.
 
Oct 2, 2017 4:06 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 236
Here's an idea - stop talking about it. no matter how bad the news, it becomes exponentially more popular if it's discussed. think of it as a joke, and don't take other people's opinions too seriously.
 
Oct 2, 2017 4:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 1590
NO!

I want to hate on it. Purely because it's fun.
The League of Demon Sealers! The First Generation is the Ancestor. The Second Generation is the Inheritor. The Third Generation is the most powerful. After the Fourth Generation, the successive generations grow weaker…. But the Ninth Generation is the ultimate! If the Ninth Generation is not slain, it is the pinnacle!
 
Oct 2, 2017 4:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 6368
I feel like the haters almost create a fair balance, and even then they're drowned out by rabid fanboys, considering the new season was at #3 on MAL the day before it even aired.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
 
Oct 2, 2017 4:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 1696
Eh? I thought a lot of people love Gintama? I haven't watch Gintama yet..I will give it a try when I feel really bored..
Forum set made by Sereshay

 
Oct 2, 2017 5:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 32195
Darek said:
Manaban said:
That said, I plan to watch it myself eventually regardless of the dumb drama surrounding its ratings, because I am interested in it, but I hear that it's got a really poor start, and I can't find a consistent answer to when that poor start ends and I don't want to just aimlessly wander around right now waiting for a series to get good. So I've really got to wait until I feel like it.
Some people say it takes like 100 episodes! So good luck!

I liked it since episode 3 (episodes 1 and 2 are just filler) so I dunno, it is not much of a case with it simply getting good. Because even if it gets better it does not magically become different, well aside that later on there is more story arcs. So it still should be relatively easy to decide whether it is worth a watch after a few episodes, not sure how much exactly but the general feel of the show does not change much... tho the hell do I know, I am still far from getting past the episode 100 mark.


Yeah I think it's bullshit to say it only gets good after 50 episodes or whatever. It's good from the start, it just gets better. Like most comedies with huge casts it takes a while to reach it's full potential, until all the characters and running gags are established and the comedy can start to be more dynamic because it can use a lot more different characters than early on. Some of the early episodes are just functional in introducing characters, but it already got the same humour and the same main characters from the start, and if neither of these click with you at all (within like the first 5-10 episodes) then that isn't gonna change. In retrospect, yes, most of the first 30-50 episodes is worse than most of what comes after, but while I was watching it I still enjoyed myself quite a lot during those episodes so I find it silly to tell people to just keep going if they feel otherwise. It doesn't take that many episodes to get a feel for the show.
Too Old To Die Young


Aesthetic value can be recognized or experienced, but it cannot be conveyed to those who are incapable of grasping its sensations and perceptions. To quarrel on its behalf is always a blunder.
 
Oct 2, 2017 6:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 3212
Their jealousy gives me power.

The only reason I'm still alive is so I can see the day when the entire Top 10 will be nothing but Gintama. Humanity's highest point right there.
1 hour = 10,000 yen.
2 hours = 20,000 yen.
3 hours = 3 loaves of French bread.
4 hours = 4 loaves of French bread.
 
Oct 2, 2017 6:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2337
Pullman said:
Everybody should be like me and have it on their PTW with a 10/10 rating. I agree with your point, OP.

When did you start making two-sentence replies?
 
Oct 2, 2017 6:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 32195
holysauron said:
Pullman said:
Everybody should be like me and have it on their PTW with a 10/10 rating. I agree with your point, OP.

When did you start making two-sentence replies?


You didn't think all of my 25k posts were walls of text, did you? :>
Too Old To Die Young


Aesthetic value can be recognized or experienced, but it cannot be conveyed to those who are incapable of grasping its sensations and perceptions. To quarrel on its behalf is always a blunder.
 
Oct 2, 2017 6:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 10786
How about we all just come to terms and rate it a 5/10?
 
Oct 2, 2017 6:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 4471
I've been writing serious reply to explain why this topic is stupid but I got bored halfway.
I'll just leave it here because I still think it's stupid.

tragedydesu said:
> said by the one who give fmab 1/10
you are as toxic as them

i dont care about either of them btw

The day when I +1 tragedydesu's post came. The world is ending.
 
Oct 2, 2017 6:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 2151
To be fair Gintama is good enough, yet highly overrated. It's about an 8 for me so far. It is also about 4 times better than Code Geass if it's worth anything.
 
Oct 2, 2017 6:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 690
Wait, gintama got over FMAB? The fuck?! Wait... No... No it didn't... The fuck?!

Anyway, aren't you in contradiction?

''So do you think FMAB fanbase is the best that they score 1s on Your Name and Owarimonogatari 2nd Season because it got above FMAB . Who care if it above FMAB , other anime deserve to be above FMAB.''

Then why do you care where does Gintama stays and who likes it or not?
 
Oct 2, 2017 7:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 1570
I don't like gintama i find it extremely overated and i i think the top 20 anime list of mal is trash because of gintama but i still gave it a 6/10
 
Oct 2, 2017 7:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 68
>Complains about toxic kids who hate on Gintama
Gives Owarimonogatari 2nd Season an 1, yet haven't watched any prequels.
Gives FMA an 1.

Con fking grats dude.
 
Oct 2, 2017 7:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 239
Izaya77 said:
>Complains about toxic kids who hate on Gintama
Gives Owarimonogatari 2nd Season an 1, yet haven't watched any prequels.
Gives FMA an 1.

Con fking grats dude.
tragedydesu said:
> said by the one who give fmab 1/10
you are as toxic as them

i dont care about either of them btw

I was just changing the score only recently just to see how some haters will react . Guess no matter how an anime is run , there always haters and troll in the anime community .
 
Oct 2, 2017 7:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 68
Shiroyasha_97 said:
Izaya77 said:
>Complains about toxic kids who hate on Gintama
Gives Owarimonogatari 2nd Season an 1, yet haven't watched any prequels.
Gives FMA an 1.

Con fking grats dude.
tragedydesu said:
> said by the one who give fmab 1/10
you are as toxic as them

i dont care about either of them btw

I was just changing the score only recently just to see how some haters will react . Guess no matter how an anime is run , there always haters and troll in the anime community .


How ironic...doesn't that make you a troll?
 
Oct 2, 2017 7:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 3212
kikyo1hinamora said:
I don't like gintama i find it extremely overated and i i think the top 20 anime list of mal is trash because of gintama but i still gave it a 6/10


Yeah, but let's face it, your taste isn't exactly the best.
1 hour = 10,000 yen.
2 hours = 20,000 yen.
3 hours = 3 loaves of French bread.
4 hours = 4 loaves of French bread.
 
Oct 2, 2017 7:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2337
Pullman said:
holysauron said:

When did you start making two-sentence replies?


You didn't think all of my 25k posts were walls of text, did you? :>

I dunno, everytime I see one of your posts it's a wall of text.
 
Oct 2, 2017 7:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 1570
Hey_Taka-tin_Hey said:
kikyo1hinamora said:
I don't like gintama i find it extremely overated and i i think the top 20 anime list of mal is trash because of gintama but i still gave it a 6/10


Yeah, but let's face it, your taste isn't exactly the best.
let's face it your taste is even worst
 
Oct 2, 2017 7:43 AM
Hug Addict <3

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 29322
Yes the 100 people illegitimately giving it a 1/10 without even seeing it are definitely a problem

However, the almost 2000 people giving it a 10/10 before it even started aren't a whole lot better

It's a double-edged sword

A cuddle a day keeps the pouting away~
"Holding hands is just the first step to getting pregnant"
 
Oct 2, 2017 7:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 3212
kikyo1hinamora said:
Hey_Taka-tin_Hey said:


Yeah, but let's face it, your taste isn't exactly the best.
let's face it your taste is even worst


Lol, let's not get crazy now. My taste is pretty damn bad, but I'm no kikyo1hinamora.
1 hour = 10,000 yen.
2 hours = 20,000 yen.
3 hours = 3 loaves of French bread.
4 hours = 4 loaves of French bread.
 
Oct 2, 2017 7:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 88
kikyo1hinamora said:
Hey_Taka-tin_Hey said:


Yeah, but let's face it, your taste isn't exactly the best.
let's face it your taste is even worst

Normie taste eh, oh well.. different strokes from different folks.
Signature is too good to show. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.




 
Oct 2, 2017 7:51 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 1499
I don't rate stuff I haven't seen (I haven't seen Gintama) but I do find it quite annoying that the 'Top 50' can change so easily. It dosent matter what series or movie comes along - I don't like it.

I'm a big fan of the 'monogatari' series but it's annoying that it (Owari SS) hit #1 so fast (when it clearly isn't #1 material).

I don't think it's the community's fault though. I think it's the sites fault. Something as significant as the 'Top 10' shouldn't change so easily. It makes MALs list and scoring system redundant.

Id make a better site if I knew how and thought people should use it. As it stands now, I don't think anyone would use a better site (or it would take forever for people to transfer over).
 
Oct 2, 2017 7:56 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 674
stop hating things I like

and stop liking things I hate

thank you
 
Oct 2, 2017 8:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 2151
Interrrrrpetgyu said:
Stop hating things I hate and stop liking things I like. Thank you


Fixed that for you. You're most welcome.
 
Oct 2, 2017 9:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 4241
Ofc ppl will dislike a show they didn't watch , let them stay like that


"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"


 
Oct 2, 2017 10:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 298
Never seen Gintama. And no, I don't mind the show.

But people are always going to be salty about something, be it Gintama or anything else that isn't their favorite show. Like a couple of other people have already said, one or two people begging for the hate to stop isn't going to stop it. SAO fans can give you some help if you ask for it.

CURRENT OTPS - Kaito Kid x Shinichi Kudou
CURRENT OBSESSION - Detective Conan
CURRENTLY PLAYING - Spyro | Crash Bandicoot
CURRENTLY LISTENING TO - WRLD: By Design
CURRENT HUSBAND - Kaitou Kid
 
Oct 2, 2017 10:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 1215
I just don't like the fact if people hate a Anime just because it's really popular. I love Gintama and ofc I accept every opinion. It's not the best thing I've ever seen.
It's hard to ignore people like that because they want attention.
Gintama is ofc really popular but why do people even care about it? Some fans aren't even better than Haters and I'm saying that as a Gintama fan. But almost every Fanbase is like that.


I will not believe that everything is controlled by fate.

ll X ll
 
Oct 2, 2017 11:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 3695
I don't like Gintama, but I also don't go around downvoting everything I don't like. That's petty. People should only rate things they have completed, is what I always say.





Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.


 
Oct 2, 2017 11:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 1194
Big reason to hate Gintama are because they make fun of something you like either its anime/game or even japan history.
Into the Internet!
 
Oct 2, 2017 11:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 185
I hate FMAB, I think that Gintama doesn't deserve the first place, and Madoka should trully be #1.

At least, after some NHK polls, Japanese people do really have good taste.
 
Oct 2, 2017 11:11 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 477
well , i did'nt liked gintama after watching first few episode . It's not my type of anime . So i didn't even add it to my list.
Waifu wars are eternal.
 
Oct 2, 2017 11:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 130
Lord_Lamington said:
i hate gintama and it's fan base. i think its stupid that 1 episode is out on the new one and 75% of the votes are 10.

I agree. The fan base is obnoxious, even more so than other popular shows and the ratings reflect on that.



AnimeMangaSteamBakaBT

7 Colors of Kira Kira Douga

“Exactly as planned.”
 
Oct 2, 2017 11:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 2582
I only trust the Japanese scores... and they seem to be going down every time.
 
Oct 2, 2017 11:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 7056
I find it rather weird you say who cares if its so high on the Top 10 list yet you seem very concerned that it should be up there since you made a thread asking people to stop hating on it
 
Top
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »