Oct 1, 2017 7:46 PM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
There's still one left.
Oct 1, 2017 7:51 PM

Oct 2013
Antagonized said:
There's still one left.

I got recommended to watch the movie first, if that the right move?
Oct 1, 2017 8:23 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
keragamming said:
Antagonized said:
There's still one left.

Ehh, it depends. Obviously you won't enjoy it as much since you won't have the same connection with the characters as those who watched it chronologically. At the same time though, the movies are a good way to sorta understand the quality the series achieves later on. The first movie is a remake of the first serious arc in the series. It was a good arc and all, but definitely one of the weaker Gintama serious arc. The second movie is a non-canon anime-original story that has a good blend of Gintama comedy and action.

To be honest, you're better off with starting from the beginning. There's no rush, so take your time, even if it means one episode per day. There will be a certain moment when you'll start liking the series, and your watching pace will gradually increase. From my personal experience, the first 12 or so episodes were like a 5-6/10, but the series slowly got better from that point on. There's no specific point where Gintama boosts in quality. It just gradually gets better as a series as the episodes progress.
Oct 1, 2017 8:23 PM

Jul 2015
keragamming said:
Antagonized said:
There's still one left.

Watch the first movie instead of ep 58 - 61 (It's the same story just better animation and extra scenes)

The second movie is an alternate ending to the series, you can watch it at any point but the general consensus is to watch it after Gintama': Enchousen.
Oct 1, 2017 8:29 PM

Oct 2013
GoldenDevilGamer said:
keragamming said:

Ehh, it depends. Obviously you won't enjoy it as much since you won't have the same connection with the characters as those who watched it chronologically. At the same time though, the movies are a good way to sorta understand the quality the series achieves later on. The first movie is a remake of the first serious arc in the series. It was a good arc and all, but definitely one of the weaker Gintama serious arc. The second movie is a non-canon anime-original story that has a good blend of Gintama comedy and action.

To be honest, you're better off with starting from the beginning. There's no rush, so take your time, even if it means one episode per day. There will be a certain moment when you'll start liking the series, and your watching pace will gradually increase. From my personal experience, the first 12 or so episodes were like a 5-6/10, but the series slowly got better from that point on. There's no specific point where Gintama boosts in quality. It just gradually gets better as a series as the episodes progress.

Interesting..... I drop the series on episode 8 and it was a 6/10. Hmmmm maybe you're on to something. Ok, I will give it another go. I guess I didn't give it a good enough chance.

@champdude17 will keep that in mind.
Oct 1, 2017 8:34 PM

Jul 2015
keragamming said:
Antagonized said:
There's still one left.

No, since 3 of the Villains are introduced before the First Movie/Serious Arc

And the Final Season will probably be Mid or Late 2018(and I expect it to be 26 Episodes)
Sup...
Oct 2, 2017 9:33 AM

Dec 2015
GoldenDevilGamer said:
The second movie is a non-canon anime-original story that has a good blend of Gintama comedy and action.

I thought Be Forever Yorozuya was considered canon? Didn't Sorachi write it?
Oct 2, 2017 9:37 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Uchiha_Shadow said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:
The second movie is a non-canon anime-original story that has a good blend of Gintama comedy and action.

He did write it, but I don't think that automatically makes the movie canon. They've never clearly stated if this was supposed to be part if the Gintama timeline, or if it's an alternative ending.
Oct 2, 2017 9:39 AM

Dec 2015
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Uchiha_Shadow said:

He did write it, but I don't think that automatically makes the movie canon. They've never clearly stated if this was supposed to be part if the Gintama timeline, or if it's an alternative ending.

Well, I consider it canon at least, like a 5 episode semi-serious arc.
Oct 2, 2017 9:41 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Uchiha_Shadow said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

Well, I consider it canon at least, like a 5 episode semi-serious arc.
I mean, it could be considered canon. However, it never got a mention in the TV anime, and it over complicates the Joui war timeline.
Oct 2, 2017 10:15 AM

Jun 2016
Do I have to watch its prequel first before watching this? Lmao.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 2, 2017 4:36 PM

Jul 2015
This season is adapting all the Skipped Chapters(so this season and the Love Potion OVA take's place chronologically After Episode 265, but Before Episode 300)
Sup...
Oct 2, 2017 9:19 PM

Jan 2015
TheDoggoneGirl said:
Would you watch the second season of Attack on Titan without having seen the first?
Oct 2, 2017 9:21 PM

Feb 2013
No, there's probably more two or three
Oct 2, 2017 9:49 PM

May 2015
The manga is not over yet (it will end soon though), so if they're planning on adapting the entire manga, I guess there will be at least like one or two more seasons.
Oct 2, 2017 9:57 PM
May 2013
keragamming said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

Interesting..... I drop the series on episode 8 and it was a 6/10. Hmmmm maybe you're on to something. Ok, I will give it another go. I guess I didn't give it a good enough chance.

@champdude17 will keep that in mind.

The arcs are not even serious at that point. Give it time. I did recommend it to a random someone in facebook since she was contemplating whether the series is good or not. Right now, that someone is now spamming Gintama posts a lot due to its comedy and even how great the serious arcs are.

Its better to watch it if you already saw other anime since they tend to make a parody, every now and then which makes the jokes funnier.
Oct 3, 2017 2:21 AM

Jun 2016
Wiziliz said:
TheDoggoneGirl said:
Would you watch the second season of Attack on Titan without having seen the first?

Lmfao. Good fucking point! *wheezing*

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 3, 2017 2:40 AM

Sep 2017
It depends if it has 50 or 100 episodes. Hopefully this is not the last arc yet. I hope they announce that properly.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Oct 3, 2017 4:06 AM

Jan 2013
next season should be the last

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama. Porori-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

-Stray - Oct 1, 2017

174 by aboosejp »»
Sep 1, 2023 4:24 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Dec 24, 2017

90 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 5:28 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Dec 17, 2017

94 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 4:39 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Dec 10, 2017

55 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 2:23 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

-Stray - Dec 3, 2017

75 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 1:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.