Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 1, 2017 7:01 AM
Jul 2017
Wasn't Kayaba meant to be Floor's 100 boss in SAO,as he states in the last (or maybe the one before that) episode of the Aincrad arc?
Oct 1, 2017 7:09 AM

Apr 2016
Its Sword art Online, don't take it too seriously.
Oct 1, 2017 7:12 AM
Jul 2017
Posted this just to make sure, it is only gonna bother me for the rest of the day. But still, forgetting your own story is kind of hilarious too XD.
Oct 1, 2017 5:50 PM
Jan 2017
I just finished it now so ill say it, Kayaba said in the show that that thing was the final boss but since Kirito and Asuna were litterly breaking the game as exceptions to the rule, he had to switch it up after the development of the game
Oct 1, 2017 5:55 PM

Jun 2015
He was meant to be the bonus stage boss.
Oct 3, 2017 6:02 PM
Nov 2014
I was thinking about this too. Not that i'm complaining about the floor 100 boss or anything, but I was expecting to see commander Heathcliff standing there with the divine blade or something.
Oct 3, 2017 6:30 PM

Mar 2013
I thought he is supposed to be the bonus stage, unless Kayaba can control the final boss. (Which isn't feasible since his status as the strongest member of the Knights of Blood, with his lack of appearance most likely seeming strange.)

I seriously doubt Kayaba can take the onslaught of a ton of front liners in any case. Then again, he cheated against Kirito in their first match for no discernible reason, so I doubt there is that much sense, but whatever.
Oct 5, 2017 3:17 PM

Feb 2009
I thought that he would turn on the front liners the moment they finished the boss monsters - he said to kirito that he thought that kirito would be the one who would face him then - so i guess he expected most of the front liners to be wiped out by the boss monster.
Oct 5, 2017 4:32 PM
Nov 2014
Tbh I honestly dont know if they could have beat that thing in SAO.
-No magic
-No Guns/ranged attacks
-Death is on the line
Shit woulda been super tough
Oct 8, 2017 1:11 PM

Nov 2009
kiriakosdd said:
Wasn't Kayaba meant to be Floor's 100 boss in SAO,as he states in the last (or maybe the one before that) episode of the Aincrad arc?

My idea: floor 100 boss was supposed to be that scary thing, until Kayaba hijacked the project and made himself the final boss.
Although extra stage boss like that death that guarded the spare terminal is possible too.

Denevv said:
-No magic
-No Guns/ranged attacks
-Death is on the line

And from the novels, at that point monster AI should be pretty clever and adapt to players.
Kirito taking a risk to fight Kayaba at that moment was a calculated risk.

PeripheralVision said:
I seriously doubt Kayaba can take the onslaught of a ton of front liners in any case. Then again, he cheated against Kirito in their first match for no discernible reason, so I doubt there is that much sense, but whatever.

I would assume he would have a lot of lesser monsters as his backup. That's the standard in stories, and Kayaba wanted a story-like ending, right?
Oct 8, 2017 1:35 PM

Mar 2013
flannan said:
kiriakosdd said:

My idea: floor 100 boss was supposed to be that scary thing, until Kayaba hijacked the project and made himself the final boss.
Although extra stage boss like that death that guarded the spare terminal is possible too.

Denevv said:
-No magic
-No Guns/ranged attacks
-Death is on the line

And from the novels, at that point monster AI should be pretty clever and adapt to players.
Kirito taking a risk to fight Kayaba at that moment was a calculated risk.

PeripheralVision said:

I would assume he would have a lot of lesser monsters as his backup. That's the standard in stories, and Kayaba wanted a story-like ending, right?

It varies. It could be one on one between the protagonist and antagonist as their forces clash to buy said antagonist time. We know Kayaba had an intention of something similar, but whether or not he would use monsters or paralysis is pretty moot, now that I think about it, since he intends it to be between Kirito and him. Monsters, paralysis, there's no real difference in that case.

Whether or not he is the 100th floor boss is something I don't believe anime wise, since his plans seems to imply that he would reveal himself after said boss is defeated, but I have no idea, so you could be right.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online Movie: Ordinal Scale Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Stray - Feb 18, 2017

380 by CcCharles »»
Apr 6, 1:32 AM

» feel sorry for yuna

Nagiue - Dec 24, 2023

6 by ItzElite »»
Dec 24, 2023 3:01 PM

» plot hole

MCA5EY - Sep 21, 2018

10 by satyamkumar4005 »»
Jul 30, 2023 9:40 AM

» Why R+ - Mild Nudity?

winfoharso - Mar 4, 2020

19 by Kirito_online »»
Aug 10, 2022 5:06 AM

» Somebody should fix the Source from Light novel to Original

KiraShitpostKage - Jul 20, 2020

1 by Nurguburu »»
Dec 4, 2020 11:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.