Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 2, 2017 6:48 AM

Dec 2015
Im just gonna say that the new op is just meh and the ending is good
Oct 2, 2017 6:56 AM

Feb 2013
I loved when her head was chopped off, she was the most annoying thing from this anime.
Oct 2, 2017 9:02 AM

Sep 2014
Animestic said:
@mira-pyon

Except you can use 'the plot demanded it' in every single series, no matter how good it is. And Mordred coming out of nowhere DOES have a reason. Sure, they could've made it look less ass-pully by showing a shot of Mordred noticing Sieg, but it's pretty obvious why Mordred would want to off Celenike.
1) Celenike is an evil-witch type character, which Mordred hates
2) She gets to casually kill a Master therefore, from her perspective, killing off another potential enemy
3) Mordred is a genuinely nice person - if she sees someone being bullied like that, she will try to save them
4) There may be an element of respect there too as

Put those together and it doesn't sound like an asspull or 'plot demands it' moment at all.

Except my commentary was nothing against Mordred or her motivations but how she literally pulled off a Randy Orton(I hope you get the reference) on the audience just for the sake of special snowflake surviving so this techically comes across as a convenient plot device rather than her own motivations for instigating what she did.

You've misunderstood. I'm saying that Sieg was not saved simply because the plot demanded it, but because it's an in-character act for Mordred. If it was something Mordred would've done inevitabely, regardless of whether the plot needed Sieg to be saved, it's character-driven. If what Mordred did was completely out of character, then it's plot-driven.

Btw he is higashide's self insert given how much he likes jeanne and the amount of shit he pulls off to mimic that one ending in VN

Right, so jumping to conclusions based on stereotypes? Why did I expect anything better.

>she gets to kill a master

....So she kills celenike completely ignoring astolfo and left the scene only to save sieg who can potentially become a master with a servant near him and re enter the war.I mean if she is trying to be pragmatic,she is doing a pretty bad job I must say.

Quoting my post:

I said:
Also she ignores Astolfo because Astolfo is ridiculously easy to beat. She's already killed his Master. Her thought process would've been that he'd just disappear or that, even if he weren't to disappear, she could easily kill him in a one swoop.

Mordred's conclusion was perfectly sound.

The major mistake that mordred actually committed is that she didnt prana burst sieg into oblivion to begin with but then again most people die when they are stabbed through the heart but our special mc needs to survive based on plot.

Pretty much no MC ever dies when they're stabbed through the heart. That's how anime is. Unless it's near the end of the anime, you can't seriously believe the MC will be completely killed off in an anime.

Btw.Sieg doesnt know what to do with his life yet somehow he knows how to form a servant contract?

All homunculi are given basic magecraft information. General logic like magecraft and something more philosopical, like the path of life, are two completely different things.

Thats not even touching the subject of how he gained consciousness and free will just by conveniently being at the right place at the right time.

Undermining a plot is disgustingly bad critique. You could use this argument against any series possible. Why did MC A have to be at place B at time C? How convenient it is that MC 2 got there just in time for thing 5 to happen?

Such a stupid argument.

Incorrect. Ruler =/= the Church. Jeanne works by her own rules. It's stated very clearly in the mats. Moreover, Sieg is a freaking homunculus from the Black side. He was in the war from even before Day 1, so it's not a case of 'random kid stumbles into great secret' like it is in FSN. And, even if it were, Jeanne would not kill him; she is a Saint. She would not kill the innocent.

Yet Jeanne pretty much told him after entire Siegfried fiasco that he isnt affliated with anyone and can lead a normal life because he has been set free.

He isn't affiliated with anyone, but he is a witness of the HGW.

A ruler must have other effective ways to keep innocents out of touble if not anything else.

Wow, and you think the first thing a Saint, who has never killed anyone in her lifetime mind you, would do is off him?

Are you serious??? There are countless of ways of keeping him out of trouble.

Yet when he re-entered the war,Jeanne had no obligation to help him yet she did against Sparactus.The anime made it look like the town was in the way so I guess a point for that.

Again, such a ridiculously stupid argument. She obviously has an obligation to help him - she's a Saint. A Heroic Spirit. Saving innocents is in her job description. You might as well have asked why a firefighter decided to save the person from a burning building. She did it to
a) Protect the town
b) Protect the

Even then she told sieg to back off but snowflake didn't.

He didn't back off because that's what he decided to use his life for.

In this type of scenarios,your classification as a saint shouldn't hinder your duties as a ruler because this guy is clearly interfering and objectively is an outsider.Yet Jeanne did nothing.

Umm, what? She is a Ruler B E C A U S E she's a Saint. One of the qualifications for a Ruler IS being a Saint(and you can only get away with being a Ruler and not being a Saint if you're a cheat like Sherlock). Being a Saint and being a Ruler are completely intertwined.

Also Sieg isn't an outsider at all. He's not affiliated with the Yggd anymore, in that he is not forced to be a part of them, but he can freely choose to return and help other homunculi. Stop making stuff up and presenting it as 'objective'.

Perfectly explained reason for this. Fran's blueprints include a line which states that, in death via Blasted Tree, another Frankenstein's Monster will be created. This one is definitely an asspull because it's pretty clear that the effect has no links to the original Frankenstein novel and is just there for the sake of reviving Sieg. But it is explained .

You yourself called out on the bullshit and then you said its justified because its written in some obscure place that you have to infer through some analogy.Thats called narrative incoherence.

Please, English properly. I cannot understand what you're trying to get across and I doubt you can understand mine.

-----

Welp I'm done here. Clearly another person, with below average grammar, making dumb conclusions due to lack of understanding of the text and plot events. Feel free to reply, but note that I'm off this ship.
mira-pyonOct 2, 2017 11:31 AM
The sun is a deadly laser
Oct 2, 2017 10:10 AM

May 2010
I keep decreasing the score of this anime every each episode now.
The homonculi plot centered around Sieg is ruining the show and that might be the worst Fate to date.
This franchise has never been about contrived emotional free wills shenanigans like that.
If only it made sense.
An homonculi who cannot move correctly due to the lack of normal muscular development can fight with heroic spirits and is now a master.
I mean wtf is this s**t.
Can we go back to the real holy war between spirits please?
Oct 2, 2017 10:33 AM

Jul 2007
Aohh said:
I keep decreasing the score of this anime every each episode now.
The homonculi plot centered around Sieg is ruining the show and that might be the worst Fate to date.
This franchise has never been about contrived emotional free wills shenanigans like that.
If only it made sense.
An homonculi who cannot move correctly due to the lack of normal muscular development can fight with heroic spirits and is now a master.
I mean wtf is this s**t.
Can we go back to the real holy war between spirits please?

I totally agree with what you, This anime is about a holy war between heroic sprits.. So why giving the MC postion to a homonculi who fights for the freedom of the homonclis?!
It cold work as a side story and so a side character but not the main story and charecter.
Oct 2, 2017 11:01 AM

Nov 2016
Tokoya said:
lazypigz said:
I fucking love you Mordred. Thanks for killing off Astolfos master
Best part of the episode right there

I'm liking these new turn of events though....So I'm still all in with this series, also the new OP and ED are pretty nice

I third that, definitely the most satisfying part of the episode, that bitch was annoying as hell.

Opening was ok, but damn the ending was fabulous.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 2, 2017 11:26 AM

Feb 2015
@mira-pyon

Not to be that white -knight guy Mira but the moment you start using ad-hominem to defend your views,no matter how knowledgeable you might be,your points loose all credibility.
English ain't the 1st language of many countries FYI so to actually dismiss someone based on their language reflects on you poorly :)

Oct 2, 2017 11:40 AM

Aug 2017
this will be the greatest love story ever told.

******x******

What was Shirou doing out at the 18if series?

Oct 2, 2017 11:44 AM

Sep 2014
laidellent said:
@mira-pyon

Not to be that white -knight guy Mira but the moment you start using ad-hominem to defend your views,no matter how knowledgeable you might be,your points loose all credibility.
English ain't the 1st language of many countries FYI so to actually dismiss someone based on their language reflects on you poorly :)

I don't see how saying the other person has bad grammar and therefore a near-unintelligible point is somehow using ad-hominem to defend my view. That's just the truth. And I don't see how simply stating the truth somehow makes me lose credibility. What, surely you don't want me to continue debating, while possibly completely missing his point and vice versa? That's just dumb.
Oct 2, 2017 11:52 AM
Apr 2016
Now I can't wait for Avicebron to smack this retarded fortress hard! Karna seems to be going to become a martyr and lose for the sake of "Red" faction, but not my man Avicebron. SEIZE THE MEANS OF OPPRESSION AND TURN IT ROUNDABOUT!
Re:formed
Oct 2, 2017 12:04 PM

Feb 2015
mira-pyon said:
laidellent said:
@mira-pyon

I don't see how saying the other person has bad grammar and therefore a near-unintelligible point is somehow using ad-hominem to defend my view. That's just the truth. And I don't see how simply stating the truth somehow makes me lose credibility. What, surely you don't want me to continue debating, while possibly completely missing his point and vice versa? That's just dumb.

If this is your standard for dealing with people with low English skills,you haven't really encountered anything legitimately bad in that department I think????

I mean its kind of surprising given how active you are in the fandom.

Your last line was completely unnecessary because you had already made your point by then and this just came across like an additional "mic drop" kind of statement hidden behind some sort of condensation of winning an argument which appeared like your projection of frustration to people like him(?) who have had arguments among similar wavelengths.

Anyways,my point is there is no harm in maintaining civility .There is enough salt as it is and more importantly,we are getting off topic
laidellentOct 2, 2017 12:09 PM
Oct 2, 2017 12:14 PM

Sep 2014
laidellent said:
mira-pyon said:

If this is your standard for dealing with people with low English skills,you haven't really encountered anything legitimately bad in that department I think????

I mean its kind of surprising given how active you are in the fandom.

Nah, it's because I've experienced worse that I can't be bothered to go with this. As in, I'm tired of forcing myself to understand bad grammar when the person on the other end doesn't care anyway.

Your last line was completely unnecessary

Only I decide that. :^)

this just came across like an additional "mic drop" kind of statement hidden behind some sort of condensation of winning an argument which appeared like your projection of frustration to people like him(?) who have had arguments among similar wavelengths.

That is certainly what it was, which was why I added a line in order to separate it from my argument; I was done with trying to be a professional potato, so I got my frustration across in the most passive way I could immediately think of.

I thought that was kinda obvious

Anyways,my point is there is no harm in maintaining civility .There is enough salt as it is and more importantly,we are getting off topic

Well, yeah, it's still civil. No personal insults are being thrown around.

And it's the mark of Fate to be off topic the majority of the time. :P
Oct 2, 2017 12:19 PM

Sep 2015
Glad that Rider's Master is dead, hate characters like her who are super similar to Yuno. Glad Rider got a better Master. I actually geared up a bit when I saw that Homun scene with Seig talking to her(last words). And OMG knew that the Homun Jack was feasting on weren't the ones Seig saved.
Oct 2, 2017 12:42 PM

Aug 2017
Fay207 said:
This anime is about a holy war between heroic sprits.

nice fanwank

But if you were paying attention, you'd know this anime is no a tale about servants, nor is it a tale of masters, neither yet a tale of saints. This is a tale of people fulfilling their wishes

Oct 2, 2017 1:26 PM

Nov 2013
Think this is the best episode so far. Took them long enough to kill that master though. What purpose did she serve exactly anyway <.<

The way alliances are messed up at the moment is reminiscent of UBW route. Not sure where things go from here, a couple of possibilities come to mind though.

New OP is great.
Oct 2, 2017 1:48 PM

Jul 2012
I like the new ED. OP might grow on me as the show goes on, but we'll see.

Astolfo got a new master! Thank you, Mordred :)
Oct 2, 2017 1:58 PM
Apr 2016
forcestriker said:
Fay207 said:

nice fanwank

But if you were paying attention, you'd know this anime is no a tale about servants, nor is it a tale of masters, neither yet a tale of saints. This is a tale of people fulfilling their wishes

Most meaningful commentary on this series to date.
Re:formed
Oct 2, 2017 2:10 PM

Jan 2014
Lol well judging from the OP I think we all now who the Final 2 "masters" will be.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 2, 2017 2:34 PM
Jul 2018
I like this new Grail war; it is nothing like a Grail war.

Instead, it is Amakusa Shirou and his Servants taking on the opposing force.
Supposedly, he and his team will win but there is that Sieg, a singularity itself.
Not just that Sieg can transform into Saber Siegfried, he also formed a contract with Rider Astolfo.
And he has the protection of Ruler Jeanne d'Arc. It makes him a powerful foe to the Shirou Faction.
Since this anime's OP2 makes Sieg vs Shirou in a battle, I can already say that Shirou is the antagonist and Sieg is the protagonist. Following this form of a story, Sieg is gonna win... Booooo!!
Oct 2, 2017 2:37 PM

Aug 2017
Aohh said:
This franchise

Is Fate/Apocrypha your first Fate show?

Fate MCs have always had a servant, why the fuck wouldn't Sieg have one?

After obtaining Saber of Black's heart, his physically appearance changes and he gains a stronger constitution, and the frailty of the past was replaced with a slender-but-hardy build much more suitable for fighting in a Holy Grail War (which leads Astolfo to claim he can live for more than 100 years in the LN).
He also gets the special black Command Seals which appeared on the back of Sieg's left hand known as Dead Count Shapeshifter.
In the anime he received the Command Seals from the own Fafnir in episode 5.

A Master is always a Master, whether he currently has a Servant or not, as long as he still has the Command Spell. A Master without a Servant can make a pact with an unclaimed Servant at will.

Oct 2, 2017 3:28 PM
Mar 2016
And the allice has started to shift , so why di caster of the black joined up with shiro group?
Oct 2, 2017 3:36 PM

May 2015
The way Mordred killed that psycho bitch so casually was hilarious somehow, lmao. Served her right, though.

New OP is OK. Definitely better than the previous OP, didn't like that one at all. As for the ED, previous one was a lot better than the new one.

Oct 2, 2017 5:47 PM

Jan 2011
Ha they really gonna push Jeanne together with this kid with all those Astolfo moments "okay"

glad that bitch got off'd she showed almost no value in this show, amazed that old uncle is still around

New Lisa OP is great the ED is also good but no way better than Desir for me personally
Oct 2, 2017 7:02 PM

Apr 2017
The best moment in this ep.

Nasuverse really knows to brought this righteous word

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Oct 2, 2017 9:15 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

Kinda looked like the art took a hit this episode.

Interesting that the red faction is split up now.

Mordred killing Rider's master was kinda funny, it's almost like she killed her just because she was screaming obnoxiously. xD
Oct 2, 2017 11:00 PM

Dec 2013
Mordred, as always, showing why she's the best character in Apomemes.

The new OP isn't good as the first one, but the new ending is better than the previous.

I love shiro's va

Oct 3, 2017 12:49 AM

Apr 2016
forcestriker said:

The purest form of love
WeedCatxOct 3, 2017 12:53 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2017 2:39 AM

Feb 2014
So the plot did a 180? Everyone's changing sides, don't know who is right. I guess its all about following your ideals.

And RIP Celenike T T , sad to see a birthday twin die.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Oct 3, 2017 3:24 AM

May 2015
-RenRen- said:
forcestriker said:

The purest form of love

Nooooo... just stop...

"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 3, 2017 4:04 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Well considering how much Astolfo cares about Sieg her reaction is somewhat understandable but man her reaction was so cute. The new opening from Lisa was pretty good. So Shirou has been planning for sixty years then. Astolfo's master apart from being creepy is also insane it seems. But man Saber did us a favor by taking care of her literally. If anything Sieg becoming a master and taking Rider as his servant was really surprising. Looks like the war is going to get a lot more complicated with the changing of the red masters. Black caster changing sides was a surprise but what was more was Red saber's intervention and her declaration. Its really sad seeing how the Homoculous are used as expendable troops though. Sieg choosing to negotiate with the black faction as a fellow master was interesting and its nice that Fiore is more diplomatic than her uncle. Now this episode sure was full of surprises.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2017 5:27 AM
Sep 2017
Mouloxas said:

I don't know exactly how Sieg's "possesion/transformation" works.

that's pretty much it.

Oct 3, 2017 5:32 AM

Jul 2012
Was enjoying the first half, the Red vs Black, but that was rather a dissapointment. The story just completely shifted for whatever reason. Always thought that it is rather strange that Servants can do whatever they want like just plotting something against the Master, if not that how they can resist (to some extent) a command spell. Feels like the whole meaning for it just lost the value, well mb that was my misconception how it works from the start.
Wasn't really questioning Sieg transforming, just thought it was rather wrong, but now he even can make contract with Astolfo, i don't know, that seems completely random and wrong. As for Astolfo, he is purely fanservice character? I mean they all are, but at least others are quite strong (it seems that way), but he is (super) weak and he said it himself.
Like Mortred the most, but that was rather random or mb without additional context. Just coming through and killing a Master of Astolfo.
Neverthless will keep watching and finish it, but this episode was a big dissapointment for me and now i'm more skeptical for what's coming.
Oct 3, 2017 5:59 AM

Jan 2013
forcestriker said:
Fay207 said:

nice fanwank

That was actually a really good response not gonna lie
Oct 3, 2017 6:29 AM
Nov 2014
Is the anime good? I dropped it at ep 4
Oct 3, 2017 6:46 AM

May 2012
bailin10 said:
Is the anime good? I dropped it at ep 4

Why you did not like it ?!

In my opinion, it is one of the best anime in the season. THe last few episodes has very heavy action and many people got killed
Oct 3, 2017 6:58 AM

Nov 2013
thepath said:
and many people got killed
Mfw people still say this unironically as a measure of quality.

Oct 3, 2017 7:03 AM

Jul 2007
forcestriker said:
Fay207 said:

nice fanwank

True, but I guess Sieg charecter is what making it unattractive story. Sieg is a newborn character without any background but still play the main roll and making his story the main plot of this anime.
of course any one could have a wish but the more the background of the wish is bid the more that wish looks attractive to us viewers.
dont forget this anime's characters are a famouse heroic sprits with a grand history that exist in ower real life, therefore its not weird to get attracted to them, their wish and story more than a newborn character.
The problem is not with Sieg himself, its with giving him more than what he deserves in this anime compared to the other characters.
Oct 3, 2017 8:46 AM
Sep 2017
forcestriker said:
Fay207 said:

nice fanwank

Wow, great post. XD
Oct 3, 2017 1:59 PM

Jun 2013
I just love this episode, Mordred was so awesome in it.

And I love how they start to show the Homonculi theme in Apcorypha, how they can be a lot more than simple tools to be used.
Oct 3, 2017 4:55 PM

Sep 2017
There was way too much cursing in this episode.

Also, it's getting really messy. I don't know, maybe I just like organization but the whole seven vs seven is falling apart and I don't like it.
Oct 3, 2017 5:22 PM

Jan 2012
The feel of this show doesn't feel like a Fate anime

saber-chan beheads master-chan... who cares!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Oct 4, 2017 12:25 AM

Jul 2016
op felt like the same as previous op, song doesn't fit with the visual again

I remembered I laughed at that celenike beheaded on the ln, and now it made me laughed even more when I saw the shocked face of sieg xD
cronoSpirAOct 4, 2017 12:42 AM
Oct 4, 2017 1:24 AM

Oct 2013
Truly, the red and black factions are getting mixed up.
Oct 4, 2017 2:16 PM

Sep 2017
I was about to complain about so many fictional characters from fiction (Semiramis, Atlanta, Achilles, Frankenstein, Chiron, Frankenstein, etc...) becoming servants in apocrypha but then I remembered half of the servants in FSN didn't really exist historically either.
Oct 4, 2017 3:41 PM

Dec 2016
Well... Looks like Sieg is going to be the main focus from now on and the one to defeat Shirou at the end of the series. Unfortunate because he's a bland character and everything about him just seems forced. This anime is probably going to be very average by the time all is said and done, which is a shame because I really liked the servants and the concept of a war with two sides facing off against each other.

New opening and ending aren't bad, but both are worse than the first cour's IMO.

What's the difference?
Oct 5, 2017 2:04 AM
Dec 2008
Episode 14 preview

Oct 5, 2017 2:40 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Sod off Sieg, I don't need you shoo..shoo give me the real Siegfried back you bland Homunculus.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Oct 5, 2017 5:57 AM
Sep 2017
LeloTheUnamused said:
I'm back after three days and I'm glad to see the shitposting about Apocrypha is still the same.
And by "glad" I mean "this stopped being funny or even annoying like two months ago, guys".

I definitely agree with you. Fate/Apocrypha have the worst (and most repetitive) shit posters of the franchise.

The saddest part of it is that the vast majority of them don't even pay attention to the episodes or have a minimal knowledge of the franchise, but even then pretends to know what they're talking about, and still find time for repeatedly shitting on the characters and the show with random stupid / dumb things that may be easily be refuted with a minimal knowledge of the franchise or by the episodes themselves from the anime.
brizentshiromeOct 5, 2017 6:08 AM
Oct 5, 2017 6:34 AM

Sep 2016
whoops I totally forgot about this anime.
i hope astolfo just drop dead there she is so annoying and only there as a token trap boy cheerleader
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 5, 2017 6:38 AM

Aug 2017
@Rayrin

More of the same repetitive shit no one cares about.
To be honest, We don't need haters like yourself.

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» A Guide to Fate/Apocrypha

OneBetta - Mar 14

2 by OneBetta »»
Mar 14, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2017

97 by TheBiggestAm »»
Mar 9, 7:31 PM

» Who is your favorite character from Apocrypha?

Omarumba - Feb 25

28 by Manthors »»
Mar 1, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

278 by PirateHasan »»
Jan 5, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

86 by PirateHasan »»
Dec 28, 2023 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.