Forum Settings
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2017 10:46 PM

Jun 2012
Date with Kurumi is intensifying for Shidou!! All of those happy time for the two in spite of the violent stygian period in every 204 corner, really clever.

We finally get to see the full list of Kurumi's ability and her background and reasons for her vengeful attitude. I could now describe her as the strong, weak, naive and beautiful spirit.

And now hyping for what's going to happen next!
Apr 23, 2018 4:42 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Best volume by far. The writting was ingenous here...
First if anyone is seeing this before reading, SPOILERS ahead that shouldnt be spoiled, so dont read.

I think the prologue was genius, shedding some light on Kurumi's past before she was a spirit, and it gives alot of context to her whole nature even as a spirit (ojou-sama type), while a murderer, there were alot of times when she definitly shows a more refined posture afterall.

Previous volumes had little to nothing for Kurumi so I dare to say the fans got an overload here of quality content. I personally enjoyed Kurumi vs Shidou back and forth.
The whole chocolate scene was very amusing when you see Kotori and the rest giving their best and then Kurumi shows the fun for some teasing, it was good to see this interaction, since most of the times she never talked with others aside Shidou (that Origami's angel was a piece of art, knowing her, I m baffled that she didnt made a nude version of it in the end). Kurumi's date was also charming indeed (Kurumi love for neko-chan is adorable~~).

To this point I would say the volume was already highly enjoyable, and even shocking with Nibelcol making up for some rather shocking inducing experiences, like that dream Shidou which probably was not a dream at all! More on that later but damm, Wescott said it was about time to go real since Shidou had 10 spirits and you can clearly see he was letting them out easily to this point O.O

Samsara of Salvation comes, which really plays out well since a quick search refers it to be the endless circle of death and rebirth of life and the world... earlier this volume we already had some interesting info revealed, alot was foreshawdowed starting on vol3-4, you can see Kurumi wants to go back 30 years ago, that determination of hers is what shielded her from getting captured status by Shidou, we know she wanted to kill the first spirit, and the consequences resulting are that Shidou would have never meet Tokha and the rest, and would probably be living an happy life with Kotori, frankly it is an outcome that should be avoided... this were all my thoughts when the LN started to shed some light on Kurumi's motivates, BUT damm.

C.R.A.Z.Y...

3 huge plot twists this volume, coupled with the best writting for the series so far, alot of Kurumi's mixed with other spirits moments too (sweetness levels rising to warning levels), some real despair and shockings scenes here... I think it is safe to assume this is my favorite so far, to this point I had 7, 11 and 15, and couldnt choose between them, I still enjoyed those alot, but Kurumi's Refrain is the pinacle of the series and of the writter evolution and subtle hinting towards thist underlining plot involving the First Spirit.
What a read, this is a game changer, and if people already enjoyed Kurumi alot with S1 and S2 content, which IMO wasnt enough to give her this much hype, how can they take with such amazing arc? Obviously most will never reach here, I would love to see the anime reaching this point, it is unlikeable. :(

10/10 volume for me.
And it is only the first part, it continues on Kurumi's Ragnarok! Already have readed some, and it just makes everything more complex and suddently you cant say the First Spirit is all that evil. I was never expecting the series to reach this kind of plot quality, I was on the ride for the harem enjoyable cast, but my expectations were by far surpassed with this arc.
It really feels like were starting to get on the climax, I just hope the writter manages to keep the wave going.

So in short, with this volume I become a Kurumi's workshipper, I never understood it before but Kurumi is love, Kurumi is LIFE, for real.

What an amazing evolution this series has undergo, AMAZING!

DAL lovers, get to read this shit, it is like mandatory, if anyone enjoyed DAL series before, it is a shame not experiencing volume 16, sell your soul to the devil and start reading!
PlaycoolApr 24, 2018 6:48 AM
Apr 24, 2018 8:03 AM

Nov 2015
Well, Kurumi is my favorite character.
in spanish:
todo confuso, pero explicado de un modo entendible, si surge otra duda, se puede releer.

Nos leemos
Apr 24, 2018 12:08 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Kerveros_Zero said:
Well, Kurumi is my favorite character.
in spanish:
todo confuso, pero explicado de un modo entendible, si surge otra duda, se puede releer.

Nos leemos

Nah, you havent seen the real deal with Kurumi until you read her true arc... not even close. Even volume 3, only hints, but hints arent the real deal.
Apr 28, 2018 3:04 PM

Nov 2015
well my memories are vague, but from the beginning I did not see kurumi as an enemy, her reasons had to do things.
Well with time the author has not revealed things, that among all is the one that most calls my interest.
Sonara stupid, of the characters created for this novel, for me she is the most human (?).

Nos leemos
Mar 20, 2019 6:39 PM

Feb 2018
Kurumi challenges Shido to a match in which whoever falls in love first loses; with the loser relinquishing their Spirit powers to the other.
DEM sets out to kill Shido, to prevent him from sealing Kurumi's powers.
Kurumi's past history as a human is revealed: having once been the daughter of a rich family, Kurumi was tricked into receiving the powers of a Spirit by Mio Takamiya - the Spirit of Origin.

More topics from this board

» Date A Live Volume 22 Discussion (Beware of spoilers)

WaterLord - Jul 28, 2020

15 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Oct 19, 2023 1:57 PM

» Why does this have a higher score than the anime (no spoilers)

BigBowlNoodleBoi - Sep 19, 2021

12 by icefirestone23 »»
Aug 19, 2023 7:58 AM

» Date a live LN

ShadowOnyx01 - Jun 20, 2022

8 by mizunos404 »»
May 14, 2023 8:15 AM

» Last Day Alive

Syureria - Mar 20, 2019

4 by Roch2001 »»
Jun 24, 2022 7:04 AM

» Is there a Sequel to this novel?

SuzukiAkeno - Oct 25, 2021

1 by DeMarcK »»
Apr 9, 2022 7:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.