Forum Settings
Forums

Name three favorite characters, but detail what you don't like about them. Next name three characters you despise,but detail what you like about them.

New
Sep 29, 2017 2:05 AM
Jan 2017
Name three likable characters,but say what you dislike about them. Next name three characters you dislike,but say what you like about them. Three is topic,but you can go up to five if you want.

Also this next bit is about shipping,but the only way I could stomach posting it was to make it about canon parings lol.

Name three canon pairings that you enjoy. Give a reason why you like them, and why the pairing is also an issue for you.
Three is topic,but you can go up to five if you want.

Also name one pairing that you like,but it's not canon;however give reason why it strongly could've been. Topic is one,but you can put two if you want.

Also you don't have to do the shipping portion at all unless you want to.

Have Fun :)

None are an exhaustive list nor are they in any particular order.

Victor(Yuri on Ice)-he's just not a fully realized character. His sole purpose is to seduce the pork cutlet bowl out of Yuri’s pants. If other people didn’t see and interact with him I would be convinced he was a figment of Yuri’s imagination.

Mikaela(Seraph Of the End)- the humans are evillll(even if true) got on my nerves;especially since his new buddies are the equivalent of super powered serial killers.

Suzaku(Code Geass)-There's diplomacy then there's just being a naive fool. Susaku slid between the two, in a hypocritical fashion, every other episode.

Dislikes:

Rin(Fate/Unlimited Blade Works)- a very badass magic user. Some of my favorite magical scenes involve her.

Yurio(Yuri On Ice)- a mesmerizing skater with a hauntingly beautiful song for his signature skate.

Annie(Aot)-tis a badass. Furthermore even though my pity for her isn't the strongest I do appreciate that she's written as a sympathetic villain. Those are always the best kind to have in a story.

Canon Pairings:

Yuri/Victor(Yuri On Ice):
Pro: regardless of gender their love story needs to be the template for romantic arcs going forward.
Con:A peculiar coyness, consisting of skating excuses as well as off screen issues, is allowed to permeate their relationship.

Tamaki /Haruhi(Ouran High School Host Club):
Pro: their journey could be quite funny and sweet. I want their confession and kiss scenes animated. Where is my season two. :(
Con: Tamaki could be to dense sometimes when it came to his feelings, and Haruhi could be to cold with her's.

Mei and Yamato(Say I Love You):
Pro: had a rather realistic love story for the most part.
Con:there were melodramatic fumes from time to time though.

Zen/Shirayuki(Snow White with the Red Hair):
Pro: likable enough characters with a sweet romance and some very hot kiss scenes.
Con:Both never felt quite human to me. They were a marystu/garystu in a too slow story, and the second season played their relationship to weirdly for two people who were a couple by this point.

Like, but not canon. However, there's enough evidence for a could've been.

Makoto/Haru(Free): I adore their friendship, and will always be on the side of bros can be bros without wanting to jump each other bones. However, there is enough there to flip it to romance without to much trouble;especially on Makoto's end.

Honorable Mention: Way to one-sided for any strong evidence of a could've been.

Annie/Bertolt(Aot): A ship that will never leave anchor. However, his canon feelings,and seeing what a potential relationship between the two could look like thanks to junior high,makes for a nice what if.
fantasynight04Sep 30, 2017 6:51 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 29, 2017 2:10 AM

Sep 2017
Dont mind me ill just eat popcorn and read whats next.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Sep 29, 2017 4:07 AM

Mar 2012
Bad points about my top 3 favorite characters:
1. Conrad Weller - It scares me a bit about how much he knows about things from Earth despite being here for around maybe um.. 2 years(?). He's not so pretty as compared to some other characters for being in a setting with all bishies, but looks don't make a difference to me, he's the prettiest in my eyes :3 He makes bad jokes, but I end up laughing anyways. I can't find any flaw in him!

2. Gunter von Kleist - I hate how he's mean to animals, like how he was about to throw a kitten in a boiling pot for his "divination" or how he almost strangled some huge bird so that it could flap it's wings to give some cool air (like a fan).

3. Saralegui - His bad side is exactly what I like T.T He's sly, cunning and will use and dispose of anyone he can to fulfill his ambitions, he makes a pretty good villain actually.

I picked 2nd and 3rd favorite at random, only my 1st favorite is fixed.

Characters I detest
1. Wolfram von Bielefeld - NO NO NO, impossible! There's absolutely nothing good about this tsundere who is a 10x worse version of Chitoge. He's pretty is all I can say. Actually he used to be my favorite a few years ago but I seriously can't think of a single reason as to why I even liked him anymore.

I can't think of any other character that I hate. I do have one or two in most series but it's just limited to the time I'm actually watching/reading it, I tend to forget about them later.

Canon Ships
Hak x Yona - they are really sweet together and Hak does everything he possibly can for Yona, issue may be that they are not 100% canon yet since the manga is ongoing. It's somewhat of a reverse harem setup and Yona may still have some feelings for Su-won. I'm definitely cheering on for Hak though.

Syaoran x Sakura (Tsubasa Chronicles) - they are really sweet and willing to go to any lengths for each other.

Can't think of any other ships right now

Non-canon ships
Wolfram x Gisela - simply because Gisela is about the only one who can handle a tsundere like Wolfram, it's a different case that they don't really seem to have any romantic interests in each other.

As a matter of fact Wolfram x anything other than Yuuri and Yuuri x anything other than Wolfram is fine by me.

They are more like "I hope" but "honestly I really don't even care" kind of ships.
Maou_heikaSep 29, 2017 4:13 AM
Sep 29, 2017 4:09 AM

Apr 2016
So basically useless pointless, thread about gay pairings ? made by fujoshi ?
Sep 29, 2017 4:31 AM

Jul 2017
Anime I like:

I love Kill La Kill, but I really really really hated any scene with Kaneo Takarada.

I also love Gurren Lagann, but it had a few cheap moments like the 5 minute love story between Yoko and Kittan

Ouran High Host Club is another favourite, it did make liberal use of flashbacks and exposition though which I wasn't crazy about.

Anime I don't like:

Beyond the Boundary, with it's shitty fakout ending, convoluted plot and frankly annoying characters. If there's one thing I liked about it, it was the animation. The fight scenes looked pretty good. It also had an interesting concept starting out.

The Seven Deadly Sins isn't an anime that I absolutely despise, but I certainly didn't like it too much, which mainly stems from the Elizabeth. She's basically an object in that show, for the MC to poke and prod at, while occasionally protecting her from some dangerous situation she got herself into. That might just be the raging SJW scumbag inside me talking though. Aside from that, I thought there were some nice moments, like when King Arthur showed up near the end.

Mysterious Girlfriend X was just, well, boring. Nothing happened almost every episode, Tsubaki Akira has got to be the most miserable character I've ever seen in an anime. He's overly possessive, clueless and pervy, even for an anime character. The show had little to no character or plot development, and the ending was underwhelming. I did like the soundtrack, it was fitting for the oddball shenanigans of the show.
Sep 29, 2017 4:46 AM
Jul 2018
Okay, that's gonna to be interesting.
But just three? :D

Shinji (NGE)- Not because his general depression and angst. I just wanted him to get a spine and stand up against Asuka more, because she deserves it.

Yato (Noragami) - It took him like literally 800(?) years to..

Wow, that's long. But that family is really shitty.

Kanda (D.Gray-man) - He ISN'T the stereotypical edgelord imo. I got really attached to him and all, but sometimes he tried to be seen as that type, tho he isn't? XD

Bonus Round!

And also...
fantasynight04 said:

Mikaela(Seraph Of the End) the humans are evillll(even if kind of true) got on my nerves;especially since his new buddies are the equivalent of super powered serial killers.

this. Tho it's understandable for these things, which had happened, also with the humans and their experiments.
I just wish for some cute squad-scenes. There are a few, I just want more. x/3 I don't ask for much.

Yona (Akatsuki no Yona) - Pls, could you stop making this anime / manga looking like a reverse harem?

Silver (Pokemon Special manga) - Green's right. I know that your father is...

Bishamon (Noragami) - I know, you are best mom, but...

Yuu (Owari no Seraph) - I like you very much and you are adorable, but you lost your mind? Tho it's also understandable (kinda of), you lost your mind nonetheless? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mikasa (Attack on Titan) - *throws dictionary at her* There are thousands of words. Extend your vocabulary!

Eren (Attack on Titan) - I like you very much, but a little more development would be great. We got it. YOU ARE ANGRY!

Yuri (Yuri on Ice) - The Japanese one. You are like 23 y/o? Have a spine and stand up against a rebellious teenager, you are an adult man!?

Kousei (Your Lie in April) - It took you 22 episodes. I love slow development, but...

Kaori (Your Lie in April) - At least you know that you are a brat and I understood it, you are mortally ill. Could you just all stop to beat up Kousei constantly?

Nezumi* (No. 6) - THAT END!

San* (Mononoke Hime) - Why.

* Yes, I understood why. They both can't forget what had happened and all. That's just my overly emotional shipping heart, who wants them to be together and like that? Just ignore it.

DISLIKE
That's more complicated...

Light (Death Note) - I hate him as a human being, but yes, he might be an interesting character. It was over the top nonetheless.

Revy (Black Lagoon) - She behaves like a typical action hero, just with boobs. BUT I liked some of her quotes? They were kinda memorable.

Sesshomaru (Inuyasha) - I never liked him, but he really cares about Rin?

Bonus round :D

Not an anime, but...
Korra - I really disliked Korra from the very begin. She just had something I didn't like. Tho she got more likeable later on and some scenes are very touching.

Nora (Noragami) - She is a bitch, but an interesting one.
Same goes for many other characters. I like villains, antagonists and others, who aren't so likeable per se, maybe are there to hate, but they are understandable in their own way sometimes.

SHIPS I really love

My OTPS (and canon more or less) x3
Mika x Yuu - Kinda of bad communication skills x worse comminucation skills + "I won't listen anyway"?
Nezumi x Shion - Hate x idealism. Got in an argument? Solved it pretty punchy, literally. XD
Yato x Hiyori - Kinda of bad communication skills and dorky x little bit naive and young

Kinda near OTPs
Inuyasha x Kikyo - wow that got pretty abusive and unhealthy from her side and I still love them...
Guren x Mahiru - ^see, because dramaTM
Ymir x Christa - You should love someone for the person they are, not for "I see myself in you", still love them.
Eren x Mikasa - they are so close and she comforts him and all, but he shows rarely his affection (not necessarily in a romantic way) and it's more subtle from his side. Tho the last episode. x3
Korra x Asami - they are almost TOO perfect and flawless as a pair ...
Victor x Yuri - Drama x Insecurity
(not near to canon, but they were baiting and I fell XD): Yamato x Taichi - "Got in an argument? Solved it pretty punchy, literally. XD"

Maou_heika said:

Canon Ships
Hak x Yona - they are really sweet together and Hak does everything he possibly can for Yona, issue may be that they are not 100% canon yet since the manga is ongoing. It's somewhat of a reverse harem setup and Yona may still have some feelings for Su-won. I'm definitely cheering on for Hak though.

*sign* How much should Su-won harm you that you can completely hate him ... finally? x.x
removed-userSep 29, 2017 5:59 AM
Sep 29, 2017 4:54 AM

Apr 2015
I dislike Asuka Langley Soryu, but I like Asuka Langley Shikinami.
I dislike Wakaba Shinohara, but I like when she got consumed by the black rose
I dislike Eiji Hoshimiya, but I like his ability type.

I like Kazuki Hoshino, but I rather dislike of him pre development
The same can be said to Shirou Emiya
I like Mikimiki, but I dislike how the anime doesn't give any footage of she wearing the apparel in my forum sets and my profile picture.
Sep 29, 2017 5:08 AM

Feb 2016
funny

I love Gintama but it has some worse episodes and the story arc dramas sometime get too predictable and cheesy.
I love Mushishi but the fucking character designs are lazy.
I love Redline but its too fucking short.

I dislike One Piece but it was good for a few hundred eps.
I dislike Deadman Wonderland/Re:Zero but the premise was really cool and interesting.
I dislike Log Horizon but it was good until they swapped the MCs.

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Sep 29, 2017 5:33 AM

Feb 2015
Stuff I dislike about anime I like:
-Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: Episode 4 art, and the few episodes following the time-skip.
-Fairy Tail: Season 2 art. Faking too many deaths in the last story arc.
-Black★Rock Shooter (TV): Feels rushed at the end.

Stuff I like about anime I dislike:
-Dragon Ball GT: The opening theme song (not the English rap version, lol).
-Pokémon: Stick pretty close to the concept of the games.
-Baccano: Art and animation were pretty nice, as well as having a pretty unique setting for an anime.

I tried the same for characters, but it's too difficult for me to name flaws for my favourites, or pick good qualities for characters I dislike, lol.
MilenninSep 29, 2017 5:36 AM
Sep 29, 2017 5:38 AM

Apr 2017
nymi said:

Your shitposting skills changed alot
I think I'll do the same thing

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Sep 29, 2017 5:42 AM

Apr 2017
You said:

I like Mikimiki, but I dislike how the anime doesn't give any footage of she wearing the apparel in my forum sets and my profile picture.

I can't beleive I quoted you but at least ask for my permission before doing that
Anyway I think this implies on you lol

"elles sont bien noires

Sep 29, 2017 5:52 AM

Apr 2015
S-quare22 said:
You said:

I can't beleive I quoted you but at least ask for my permission before doing that
Do what? Liking or disliking anime char?
Sep 29, 2017 6:09 AM

Apr 2017
You said:
S-quare22 said:

Do what? Liking or disliking anime char?

I meant your signature Loool .. I don't mind that anyway

"elles sont bien noires

Sep 29, 2017 7:49 AM

Sep 2017
S-quare22 said:
nymi said:

I have lots to learn. I am nowhere near the legendary Aikatsu shitposter and @Swagernator.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Sep 29, 2017 8:38 AM

Oct 2013
I can't because my favs are perfect in every way to me and my top hated I hate too much to even believe there is a good side to them
Sep 29, 2017 8:40 AM

Aug 2013
nymi said:
S-quare22 said:

I have lots to learn. I am nowhere near the legendary Aikatsu shitposter and @Swagernator.

I...is this what people do now?
Admire legendary shitposters?
If you look up to a shitposter you'll NEVER be good...
>inb4 "Look up to?"
>inb4 "Good at shitposting?"
That was weak AF 3/10
Foken jog on bruv

Sep 29, 2017 8:47 AM

Mar 2013
@fantasynight04

Wouldn't by the definition of Victor from YOI mean that he is essentially a specific type of wish fulfillment or fantasy known as "Manic Pixie Dream Girl"?

Not that he is, though I agree he is woefully underdeveloped thus far.
Sep 29, 2017 8:54 AM

Oct 2014
Lol...I've gotten college elective credits for less work than OP is asking for here.

How 'bout filling in your MAL? Your favs on your profile and stuff.

#Imgrumpytoday
Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer.

Sep 29, 2017 9:02 AM
Sep 2017
three favoute characters

Tomo- can be a bit airheaded

Phi-chan- let the other girls get the spotlight

Claire- less tsundere more of your cute deredere side

FEMINISM IS CANCER!!!!!
Sep 29, 2017 9:03 AM
Jan 2017
PeripheralVision said:
@fantasynight04

Wouldn't by the definition of Victor from YOI mean that he is essentially a specific type of wish fulfillment or fantasy known as "Manic Pixie Dream Girl"?

Yes, that's exactly what he is. Do you read TV Tropes by any chance ;) I adore him,but I can't deny that he's a walking wish fulfillment than an actual person. Here's hoping season two rectifies that big time. Victor on Ice needs to be what's happening in the writing room going forward.
fantasynight04Sep 29, 2017 9:45 AM
Sep 29, 2017 9:08 AM

Apr 2017
Looks to be a long list if i am to write all 3 each... Anyway what canon and non canon pairing means?
I think i'll add it as soon as i got my answer XD.

Now... Fav chara :
1 Chitose Karasuma, liked her for her willingness to change late in the series, but i dont really like her overconfident personality (which i think is similar to me)

2 Riku Yagami, liked him for his rocket starts XD, but then, he easily lost his cool (again similar to me) XD

3 Chiya, cuteness overload XD. Probably her cluelessness of the environment is her only downside.

Extras... Atalanta, a beauty, skilled... The problem is she seemed a bit all-high and mighty, and she also got little screentime... (CMIIW)

Now off to Hated Charas :
1 I actually dont like Ayanokoji Kiyotaka, his line in last ep confirmed it. His strengths however, is that he is so genius.

Thats it i guess...
Life isn't as fun and easy as anime.
Watch anime to bring that fun!!
Sep 29, 2017 9:14 AM

Apr 2017
Seki Masumi - Flawless Human being

Ouran Nakagawa - How very ambitious she is

-HippySnob-Sep 29, 2017 9:31 AM

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Sep 29, 2017 9:30 AM
Jan 2017
@8oomer I've thought about doing that recently,but since I barely post or even lurk the website; I didn't see why I should bother.

@CrallyLystia

The short and sweet version of canon is that they are a genuine romantic couple shown explicitly or implicitly through the show's narrative, other characters, and Word of God. Basically they are the authentic stamp of approval from all the former, and not something fangirls/fanboys try to twist into existence.
fantasynight04Sep 29, 2017 5:19 PM
Sep 29, 2017 9:58 AM
Jul 2018
fantasynight04 said:
PeripheralVision said:
@fantasynight04

Yes, that's exactly what he is. Do you read TV Tropes by any chance ;) I adore him,but I can't deny that he's a walking wish fulfillment than an actual person. Here's hoping season two rectifies that big time. Victor on Ice needs to be what's happening in the writing room going forward.

I dunno. He always seem a little bit more perfect than the others, but he is socially a little bit dorky and doesn't know how to react, when he made Yuri cry, thoughtless (but not in the malicious way, for example, when he forgot about the promise he made to Yurio) and makes much more drama than necessary. But generally speaking, yes, thought so too. ^^" AND let's be real. He real isn't THAT good-looking. A little bit, but not so exaggerated. XD
removed-userSep 29, 2017 10:04 AM
Sep 29, 2017 10:10 AM

Sep 2012
Why people giving anime names while OP wants characters?
Sep 29, 2017 10:24 AM

Apr 2017
fantasynight04 said:

@CrallyLystia

The short and sweet version of canon is that they are a genuine romantic couple shown explicitly or implicitly through the show's narrative, other characters, and word of god. Basically they are the authentic stamp of approval from all the former, and not something fangirls/fanboys try to twist into existence.

Then... Not so easy to understand but... The final part, not something fanboys/fangirls twist into existence, means it's an official one?

If thats the case, then.... (*opens watch list*)

Canon :
Sora-Yuuta (Papakiki) -
If any reason to dislike this pair, then because sora apparently so clumsy.

Chii-Hideki (Chobits) - What is sweeter than finding a love in its story? Downside is that Chii IS an Persocom in the first place.

Nina-Lion (HinaLogi) - I never enjoyed yuri relationship before, this one change it all. But the yuri itself is the downside.

Now... I'll put my non-canon ship.
Haruta-Chika (HaruChika) - They looks very compatible with each other. The anime dont portray any of it, and i don't know how the novel goes... So... A wishful ship. It will be fun to see them go out though.

Aya-Junpei (Ichigo 100%) - not yet watched the anime, but based off manga, I really wished this route is what they went with. The moments between this two seemed sweeter and better than others, hence why i pick this ship.

It got quite long, if I combine it with my previous post, it would look silly...
Correct me if im wrong. :)
Life isn't as fun and easy as anime.
Watch anime to bring that fun!!
Sep 29, 2017 10:44 AM

Jul 2017
For the characters I like:
1. Hitagi Senjougahara: didn't understand the intention and affection of Kaiki.

2. Kirino: taunting Manami at the final fight??

3. Nyaruko: being too mean to kuuko

Actually I don't have character I dispise... I'll still try to think of some.
1. Yoshio from Kumamiko. He never cares about the feeling of Machi, but he is the only one that work hard and cares for the village. He is doing all of this not for himself.

2. Dekisugi from Doraemon. He does nothing wrong. I don't like him only because I'm afraid that he will steal Nobita's girl XD. I like his personality (kind, forgiving, helpful...) though.

3. Meiko Otsuka from Yamada kun to 7-nin no majo. I just don't like the design of her appearance. It is still kind of fun to see her cooperating with the MC when cheating in exam.
Sep 29, 2017 10:52 AM

Apr 2017
3 likeable characters:
Tsunayoshi Sawada from Katekyo Hitman Reborn! - I don't like his weak side.
Saya Otonashi from Blood+ - Same. Her weak side is too friendly and weak.
Vegeta from DBZ - He's a legend, but he's really too cocky sometimes.
I don't like:
Kirito - but I like his 'dark' attitude. Like when he rages.
Asuna - So stupid, but soooo cuteeeee.
Xanxus from Katekyo Hitman Reborn - A big dumbass, but such a perfect villain.

And I don't give a damn about shipping...
Sep 29, 2017 10:55 AM

Mar 2013
fantasynight04 said:
PeripheralVision said:
@fantasynight04

I had a discussion with others, and the reason why I rectify my former harshness towards the series, as a whole, is it may try for an endgame with season 2. In my view, some shows do better or worst depending on episode count. I would like to see further development, and am willing to say "Well, maybe it shouldn't happen in just 12 episodes, original or not."

I do agree, Victor waltzing in Yuuri's life is a bit too convenient and unbelievable.

I realize this after I realize how later seasons can affect my perception of earlier seasons when I come back to judge the entire series.

In any case, season 2 does great potential. I tend to like my relationships to be a slow kindling than to simply set everything ablaze at once. I am also a recovering addict of TvTropes. :(
Sep 29, 2017 10:57 AM

Dec 2015
-Asuka Langley Soryu
-Shinobu Oshino
-Donald Trump
They are all perfect and have no flaws.

-Makoto Itou
-Kirito
-Donald Trump
-They have no redeeming qualities.
Sep 29, 2017 11:31 AM

Aug 2016
Woodcutter said:

The Seven Deadly Sins isn't an anime that I absolutely despise, but I certainly didn't like it too much, which mainly stems from the Elizabeth. She's basically an object in that show, for the MC to poke and prod at, while occasionally protecting her from some dangerous situation she got herself into. That might just be the raging SJW scumbag inside me talking though. Aside from that, I thought there were some nice moments, like when King Arthur showed up near the end.

It's notable that in the Seven Deadly Sins, (Warning: Massive spoilers)

[spoiler]Elizabeth and Meliodas have actually been lovers for thousands of years, but 3,000 years ago they were both cursed, with Meliodas being unable to die, and Elizabeth continually reincarnating, only to die three days later.

The reason why Meliodas treats Elizabeth kinda like an object is, well, if you'd been in love with someone for 3,000 years and they kept forgetting you about every thirty years (as Elizabeth has at some point remembers her past lives and died over 100 times), you'd have a tendency to just start treating them the same way you always did.

Also, Elizabeth generally has gotten much less helpless as the series goes on.

Eh... maybe I'm just a bit touchy about people not liking the Seven Deadly Sins because of how much better the Ten Commandments arc (the beggining of which will form SDS Season 2) is much better than the earlier stuff.[/spoilers]
Sep 29, 2017 12:22 PM

Feb 2013
i have to give kudos for what might be the longest average post length requirement for a listing thread ever
Sep 29, 2017 1:35 PM
Feb 2016
Wait, how many marks is this question worth? Do I need to provide quotations as evidence?
Sep 29, 2017 8:42 PM

May 2012
Like:
- Homura Akemi: She is in love with Madoka instead of me. HOW DARE SHE
- Yaha-kui zaShunina: He was ruined by the plot and by liking that stupid ugly guy
- Rem: She has a obviously bad taste in men

Dislike:
- Madoka: The hair color
- Eren: He suffers
- Shirley Fenette:

Cannon:
Who cares about that

Not Cannon:
Shinichi x Migi

Men Are From Mars, 
Women Are From Venus 
and Gays Are From Uranus

Sep 29, 2017 11:40 PM

May 2017
Three fave characters & their bad points:

Akane(Psycho-Pass) she seemed to go from rookie to senpai pretty quickly in the course of 22 episodes, which, really didn't explain how long it was. I may be wrong, but it seemed to me that the series only happened within a year lol another negative is that she's so in tune to a sense of justice, it felt like she should have questioned her morality a little bit more.

Sunakawa(My Love Story!!) he didn't have much of a storyline, and his character really didn't evolve much as was expected (but honestly I loved it).

Death the Kid(Soul Eater) he had a lot of potential in the anime, but it felt like he wasn't explored enough in the anime.

Least fave characters:

Nonami(Kamisamakiss) she had a really strong attitude in the beginning. A lot of potential in how she was written, and her personality was a really good rewrite/add on of Tooru from Fruits Baskets.

Rea(Sankarea) a lovely character, really. She was really strong, even with the shitty family she had.

Canon Pairings:
Takeo X Yamato(My Love Story!!) for obvious reasons, best couple.

Yayoi X Shion (Psycho-Pass) when this was revealed a part of my soul died in happiness.

Nezumi X Sion (No . 6) for more obvious reasons. Very cute relationship that wasn't really featured.

Mikazuki X Autra X Kudelia (MSG Iron Blooded Orphans) best three way relationship I've seen in an anime ^^
demisionSep 29, 2017 11:58 PM
Sep 30, 2017 12:10 AM
Mar 2015
3 favorite characters:

- Ginko (mushishi): I guess he should try harder to find a cure for himself or just find himself a companion. He does not have to be alone all the time. Idk it is hard trying to come up with something I don't like about him.
- Akari (aria): She can be a bit naive at times and I am half convinced cait sith was a figment of her imagination.
- Balsa (moribito): Blames herself for stupid reasons imo. She is not responsible in any way for the lives her master took trying to protect her.

3 characters I dislike:

- Albert (Gankutsuou): He cares about his comrades.
- Yukine (noragami): He did provide help to yato despite all the angst
- Shirou (F/sn): He becomes ok towards the end of the series.

3 favorite couples:

- Isaac x Miria (Baccano): Made for each other. They are fun, love doing stupid things and are just really likeable. They can be stupid though.

- Ozawa, Michiyo x Oyamada, Zenji (Bonnouji): They make a very cute couple and perfectly understand each other. That being said the relationship is so perfect it is almost unrealistic.

- Mori x Hana (Kokou no Hito): I really like this couple because it felt like Mori had finally met someone who wasn't trying to screw him over and this was a much needed encounter. It also had some of the most heartfelt romantic moments I have read despite there being almost no dialogue during the romantic scenes. The confession, them marrying, becoming parents etc was very well portrayed and the feels were even stronger because of how refreshingly happy it was. What I don't like about this is that although I understand Mori had dreams, it was not the best idea to do high risk solo climbs that would make his wife worry. If he wanted to keep climbing he should have gone in a larger group to increase chances of survival or he should have just done low easier climbs instead.
Sep 30, 2017 3:13 AM

Nov 2016
3 favourite characters

1. Taiga Aisaka: She is abusive and I can tell why some people don't like her
2. Okabe Rintarou: Is mainly just a wish fulfillment character
3. Madoka Kaname: Cries a lot (but she is too cute though)

3 least favourite characters

1. Makoto Itou: Interesting how he slips from being a decent human to playing with peoples feelings
2. Kirito: Well he's somewhat fun to watch in parts
3. Lelouch: He has that cool voice I guess
Sep 30, 2017 3:29 AM

Feb 2016
3 favorite characters

- Erza Scarlet from Fairy Tail
I really like her a lot but I think she always seems too overpowered and unbeatable. Hiro Mashima made her look more like a Fanservice character which really annoyed me.

- Ayumu Narumi from Spiral: Suiri no Kizuna
Blames himself for many things. Weak self-confidence is a big problem if it comes to him.

- Sakura Kinomoto from Cardcaptor Sakura
Really naive sometimes. She is still really young so I can't blame her for that.

Disliked characters:
- Makoto from School Days
The fact that he kinda represents many males in the real world is actually interesting. Still hate him.

- Yuki from Vampire Knight
At the end she picked the better boy.

- Yui from Diabolik Lovers
I seriously love her design to be honest. She is pretty and cute.

I will not believe that everything is controlled by fate.

ll X ll
Sep 30, 2017 3:47 AM

Sep 2009
Hmmm...
Liked characters:
Lelouch - I don't like how his chessplaying and direct military tactical knowledge are not well portrayed.

Pray from Knight Run - I don't like how she resorted to using the powers of her

Remilia Scarlet - I don't like how limited her iamp combos are.

Disliked characters:
Suzuki? from Re:Zero - He's an asshole, but he makes some pretty nice faces that really turn on my sadism switch.

Guts from Berserk - Despite him having next to no personality, his gigantic-ass sword is pretty legit

Bakugo from BNHA - Nobody likes an asshole with anger management issues, but at least all the fujos give him the yaoi ships that he deserves.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Sep 30, 2017 4:55 AM

Dec 2015
Let's see...
LIKED:
- Senjougahara Hitagi: Love her in the anime but I don't think I would be able to handle how savage she is in real life.
- Shiina Mayuri: Due to the nature of Steins;Gate she never gets to develop any further.
- Himura Kenshin: His constant "oro?" can get quite annoying at times.

DISLIKED:
- Beatrice (Umineko no Naku Koro Ni): She becomes less hammy after a while.
- Yuka (Elfen Lied): She looks kinda cute I guess.
- Waver Velvet: The only reason why I don't like him is because he doesn't fit the tone of Fate/Zero. He'd fit much better in something less action packed.
Sep 30, 2017 5:02 AM

Jul 2013
Things I don't like about 3 random characters I like:

-Archer: Since I saw him for the first time I'm not sure of my sexuality anymore.
-Arararagi: I tried to use his methods to gain an harem, I'm in jail now.
-Kaiki: Masturbating to other anime girls it's not the same once you discovered the best waifu ever made.

Things I like about 3 random characters I dislike:

-Erina Nakiri: She's a bitch, but a very hot bitch.
-Narsus: He's voiced by Daisuke Namikawa.
-Ruiko Saten: Her design is cute, I guess.

I skip the ships thing, since I'm not very invested in those things.
Sep 30, 2017 5:25 AM

Dec 2010
Liked:

Uchiha Sasuke
- As rational of a character he is, he instantly decided to massacre the Konoha elders(and half the ninja world) the moment he heard the "truth" about his brother. I know that his character has always had an emotional layer, but even when following a way based on a certain emotion, he was really rational about it. It's like his character degraded instead of developing as time went by.

Nobunaga "The Fool" Oda
- What the actual **** happened at the end of his Sengoku incarnation? He basically went crazy for no reason, while rationally fighting for the protection of his world every step until that point.

Ryuugamine Mikado
- The **** went wrong with this boy in S2? I know people go through development crises at times, but something happened to his head.

Hated

Tsurugi Minko
- I loved how she destroyed that omelette rice girl in the Cultural Festival arc. She was totally right.

Kururugi Suzaku
-[spoiler=Only if you've seend the end of R2]How he took the place of Lelouch at the end.[/u]

Nora "Stray, Hiiro, Mizuchi, Tsutsumi, Eyami"
- That's a fake input, I just wanted to underline just how much I hate her and how she has no redeeming quality.

Gasai Yuno
-She was actually pretty sweet in her post-ending OVA incarnation. Before she went after Yukiteru anyway.

This is a good thread, it made me realize just how difficult it is to think of even three characters I hate that have any redeeming quality.
Sep 30, 2017 5:59 AM

Aug 2015
Liked characters:
1. Kurusu Sho (UtaPri) - I like him, but sometimes his "Otoko zenkai!!" Gets too far.
2. Mikaela (OnS) - seriously, you are GORGEOUS, but stop hating human will ya?
3. Ace (One Piece) what bother me is..

4. Death the Kid (Soul Eater) - he is the shinigami successor.. But he seems too weak.. TvT

"Not too fond" Characters: (XD)
1. Ichinose Tokiya (UtaPri) - I like his looks.. :')
2. Kirito (SAO) - again, I like his looks.. :')
3. Kurumi (Mahou Sensou) - I like her hairstyle..

Canon pairing:
1. Natsu x Lucy (FT) - I like it because they're cute together, but the issue is... The fact that this pairing happened feels weird itself.. Lol XD
2. Hak x Yona (AnY) - well again, they're cute together... But the issue is Hak's hatred.. I feel like it will become a trouble...
3. Sakura x Syaoran (CCS) - this one is so cute together.. But the issue is that Syaoran looks a bit useless sometimes that Sakura is protecting him instead.. Lol XD

Non Canon:
1. Ichigo x Rukia - I like it because they support each other..

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Sep 30, 2017 6:03 AM
Jan 2017
This is a good thread, it made me realize just how difficult it is to think of even three characters I hate that have any redeeming quality.

Thank you. :) That was the whole point. I wanted to make people think outside the box. It's easy to sing the virtues of your favorites, but could you negatively pick them apart if you had to? Likewise for a despised character could you find something genuinely likable about them? I imagine the latter would be harder to contemplate then the former though lol.
fantasynight04Sep 30, 2017 12:32 PM
Sep 30, 2017 6:25 AM

Oct 2010
I'll use my top 3 favorites and top 3 most hated.

Favorite:
1. Usagi Tsukino: Her hairstyle looks a bit goofy? I don't really have any complaints about her as a character.
2. Vegeta: He needs to win more fights.
3. Holo: In the LN, the nude artwork makes her look creepily skinny at times. It makes me feel uncomfortable.

Least Favorite:
1. Asuka Langley Soryu: Uhhh, she's mean to Shinji? I've got nothing else.
2. Kirino Kousaka: She can be funny when she stops being an insufferable brat for five seconds.
3. Shana: Her love for melon pan is a little cute.
Sep 30, 2017 10:15 AM

Jan 2010
Favorite

Trafalgar Law: Hmmmmmm... he is quite brooding... but I like that part of him too... oh man I don't have anything against him!
Bakugou Katsuki: My problematic son. Obviously, those horrible things he did to Midoriya is not something that can be easily brushed off. But I still like that part of him because it give him more layer to the character and make room for development in the future. His anger can be pretty over the top, but I find them funny anyway. I wish he can put aside his pride a bit and apologize to Izuku. At least try to get a long with the boy.
Sakata Gintoki: Hmm. Nope. I love everything about him! All of his flaws are endearing to me.

Dislikes

Nami: She is smart and clever. Is a great navigator and her skill as cartographer is pretty cool.
Otae: ........... she is... pretty I guess. And a decent fighter. She can be caring and motherly if she want to. but she is an abusive bitch most of the time
Sakura: She has gotten stronger I guess.

*looking through canon pairing I like and find nothing* *tries to look harder*

Canon ships

Victuuri
Pro: Very cute and their development is nicely done.
Cons: A bit boring and even though it got enough development to pass as a nice ship, it's still not enough for my taste.
Hei x Yin
Pro: Tragic and bittersweet. Really loving how they start as Hei barely notice Yin and sometimes a bit hostile towards her. Only treats her as a doll, a tool, a part of his team, to aid in his work and nothing more. Then he warms up to her as the story progresses. He come to understand her more and she show more and more emotion a doll not supposed to have. At the end of the series, they had become so close they decided to free from the syndicate and ran away together. In the gaiden, it show how they pretty much become co-dependent towards each other, especially Hei. At the end of gaiden, Yin is corrupted/possessed and presumed dead. Hei pretty much lost it and become a drunkard. Lost. In ryuusei no gemini, he heard the news about Yin being alive and practically bounced back to live and went out of his way to save Yin. THIS type of pairing I love. Angsty, long, rough jouney.
Con: Co-dependent relationship. I don't know about their age, but some people think Hei is a pedo lol. But I don't think Yin is THAT young nor I think she is a loli.
Satou x Yachiyo
Pro: Cuuuuuuuutee!! The burrrrnnn. I loooove their interaction so muchh. Yachiyo's obliviousness and Satou's faithful and unconditional love is just too pure and cute.
Con: Dunno. I don't have any qualms against this pairing. They are coworker for 4 years and Satou been crushing hard on her for that same amount of time lol
RenRuki
Pro: Childhood friends, fell in love with each other but not realizing, fall out, become somewhat friends again, .................................... married. Honestly, I always root for Renji to win Rukia rather than Ichigo. His love to Rukia is just so deep I think. I mean, he actually managed to become second in comand of Byakuya and swore to beat him JUST to win Rukia back. He regretted how he let go of Rukia so easily when it's clear she wanted him to say no.
Cons: To be frank, I surprised they ended up canon lol. I always thought Bleach is just the case where main guy ended up with main girl. I don't updated with the manga so I don't know how their development is in those blank above. If there was actually no development, then yah, it's the con then. I'm still glad they ended up canon.

Non-canon ships

Almost all my ships are non-canon, but I'll pick one that is closest to canon.

Eremika
Mikasa's love for Eren is canon, maybe a tad bit unhealthy but still my kind of romance. Their journey is still long and rough. If there are any chance for it to become canon, it's gotta be at the end of the series. That, if both survive the war.

Jerza
I'm not updated with Fairy Tail yet, so idk if they are canon yet. Both pretty much have feelings for each other. Some people hate this pairing because how much Jellal shit on Erza and her friends and yet she still love him. But, yeah. Kind of my kind of romance too. Their initial attraction is since their childhood. In the end, Jellal apologize and tried to make it up to his wrongdoings. Even now, the only thing that prevent them to be together is Jellal's sin and how he hasn't forgive himself. If, at all. As his punishment, he is not allowed himself to be with the one person he love the most and hurt the most. I'm on this ship angst train.
Oct 1, 2017 7:25 AM

Nov 2014
Well, this is kinda interesting, let's see

*) Favorites

- Rokudo Mukuro : He's a backstabber which won't even think twice to betray his allies although it does get resolved sometimes later in the series

- Kirino Kousaka : Definitely her ungrateful personality toward her brother is somewhat irritating

- Rohan Kishibe : Literally an asshole which only care for himself for the most of times

*) Dislike :

- Midousuji Akira : Ironically his over the top and "disgusting" treat that made me dislike him are also his redeeming factor due sometimes it does become hilarious unintentionally

- Fate/Zero Caster : While being a creepy character, he actually has a good relationship with his master which is pretty amusing to watch

- Yozora Mikazuki : Despite her personality, she's definitely one of the hottest character in Haganai
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Oct 2, 2017 4:51 PM

Mar 2016
Inuyasha:

I don't like how violent Inuyasha is with kids. When he hits Shippo all the time and other kids his age, it makes me nervous.
Yoshichika:

I do not like how plain and uninspiring his personality is. He's got a nice face, but his character has no essence.
Hideki:

I don't like how awkward he is around women. If he were more forward, he'd be much more attractive.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kikyo:

I like her devotion to Inuyasha, even after death. I like her heart's faithfulness.
Dio:

I like his potential as a character. What I mean by that is, I like to imagine Dio if he was able to get past the suffering and abuse he faced as a child and integrate peaceably into the Joestar family.
Tsumiki:

I like her design and purple hair because purple is my favorite color.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like this couple because I knew they were meant for each other all along. Kagome cares for Inuyasha so much and he shares the same feelings only he's much more insecure and timid than she is. The problem I have with them is how petty their arguments are sometimes.

I like this couple because they have the most powerful love I have ever seen depicted in an anime. I think it would be nice to marry a prince like Zen and I'm glad Shirayuki is sweet enough to take care of him. My problem with this pair is how little time they get to spend together. I wish they could be together always.

I love this couple because Tamaki reminds me of boys I used to go to school with and he treats Haruhi with such innocent affection. I also love it because Haruhi isn't your typical girl. She doesn't wear dresses often and she doesn't let gender stereotypes guide her decisions. She always follows her heart and sometimes it makes people mad, but Tamaki loves her despite that. My problem with this pair is how Tamaki was so confused about his feelings for Haruhi, he misconstrued romantic feelings for paternal feelings and often referred to Haruhi as his "little girl"....

==========================================================

Now, there's no overwhelming evidence that this couple ever could have been, but I liked it from the beginning of Asu no Yoichi and I liked it to the end. Ayame is a much more interesting and dynamic character than the lead female protag and I really think she and Yoichi would have made a cute and quirky couple. She's had a crush on him the whole time and he never acknowledges her feelings. It makes me so sad because she really is a sweet girl behind her tsundere exterior.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2018 2:23 AM

Feb 2014
Favs:

Killua (HxH)
He eats too many sweets, it's not good for his health.

Lelouch (Code Geass)
His Zero costume is a bit over the top tbh.

Hao Asakura (Shaman King)
He doesnt have enough screen time.

Dislikes:

Kurapika (HxH)
He goes on my nerves every time he opens his mouth but at least he is smart.

Yuno Gasai (Mirai Nikki)
Her hair color is nice and she's quite strong.

Yuri (Yuri on Ice)
He is good at expressing emotions.
L had a poster of Norman in his room
Sep 21, 2018 11:37 AM

Jul 2015
Ranma Saotome (Ranma 1/2)
Ranma was both my very first husbando and waifu and even though there is someone new whom i love more s/he will always have a place in my heart, even if s/he is a prideful narcissist who most of the time deserves the hurt s/he gets
Sure Akane can be a bitch, but in the end she still cares about Ranma and tries to be there for him, but she just continues to make fun of her even if Akane is being nice, i get it's to make room for that classic Rumiko slapstick but still

Ichigo Hoshimiya (Aikatsu)
Look, i get it
Ichigo is cute and nice and wacky, but she isn't a very good protagonist
her personality is just kinda bland, same goes for her development
at the end of her gen she was still the same character as before, sure she's better at Aikatsu but her personality didn't change a bit

Minami Shimada (Bakatest)
One of the few shitty tsundere i like, but in the end she's still a shitty tsundere
should have won Akihisa bowl though

now come the peeps i hate

Sakura Haruno (Naruto/Boruto)
She has overall nice designs throughout the entire series
but everything else about her sucks

Yukio Okumura (Ao no exorcist/Blue exorcist)
wah wah wah rin is stronger and more emotionally stable than me wah
he has glasses and is a pretty good tsukkomi

Otoha (H2O footprints in the sand)
fuck this bitch, fuck this fucking character
what was the creator smoking when making this character
she literally ruins everything that made the show interesting
ghost girls are nice though, she sucks so much but atleast she has ghost girl going for her
SUPER CUTIE SUPER STAR
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What is your most re-watched anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

55 by AnimePedestrian »»
42 seconds ago

Poll: » How many characters from MAL top-100 do you know and what is your opinion on them?

Shizuna - 26 minutes ago

4 by Horizon248 »»
1 minute ago

» Anime Time Capsule

eli_shmeli - 3 hours ago

10 by DigiCat »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Which season of Mob Psycho 100 do you guys prefer?

MillerEvans23 - 17 minutes ago

3 by Maroonedisback »»
3 minutes ago

» What anime do you refuse to watch since you have already read the source material?

Kushna - 9 hours ago

17 by -Shurit- »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.