Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 3, 2017 3:29 AM

May 2015
gabrielrroiz said:
TheBrainintheJar said:
Digimon Tamers' final antagonist is suicide incarnate. Really, it's not just a bunch of people in pain. It'll hit you deep.

juri and takato isolation at his love declaration in the train scene, just destroyed my heart
so did impmon character arc really

The anime is soul-crushing. It was my favorite until Kaiba but I still pretty much worship it and consider it a superior version of Evangelion.

WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Oct 3, 2017 11:14 AM
Jan 2017
Try:
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
5 Centimeters per Second
Koe no Katachi
Oct 3, 2017 1:39 PM

Dec 2015
NinjaColorido said:
êsI want to see an anime to cry because it tires to look in the mirror to force a tear, so I want to see some anime feels, I've seen most, so I'm resorting to this forum, the kind I particularly like is that sad but that leaves you puto also type "Boku dake Machi (ERASED)" this is a good example: v but I am grateful for any comment :)
Here's the list of some DEPRESSIVE anime I've seen:
-Angel Beats
-Ano hana
-ERASED
-True Tears
-Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (I put here because I cried at the end)
-Charlotte
-Clannad / Clannad After History
-Elfen Lied (look the manga that will understand why for feels)
-FMA
-Gakkougurashi
-Guilty Crown
-Kokoro Connect
-
Occultic Nine (There it goes that can be the one that pisses me off too)
-Orange
-Planetarian
-Plastic Memories
-Rewrite
-SukaSuka
-Ushinawareta Mirai
And a few more ae: v, and please do not list those animes that were released before 2006, do not cut a lot of old anime.
Thank you for your attention.

I cried watching Saiyuki Reload Blast (it was released last season)
Re: Creators and Little Witch Academia also made me cry in the end.
And they are old but... Saikano and Twin Spica are really good, it is worth to give them a try.

Portuguese: Eu chorei assistindo Saiyuki Reload Blast (saiu nessa última temporada)
Re: Creator e Little Witch Academia também me fizeram chorar no final.
E eles são antigos, mas... Saikano e Twin Spica são mto bons, vale a pena dar uma chance.

Oct 4, 2017 7:20 PM

Oct 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
gabrielrroiz said:

juri and takato isolation at his love declaration in the train scene, just destroyed my heart
so did impmon character arc really

The anime is soul-crushing. It was my favorite until Kaiba but I still pretty much worship it and consider it a superior version of Evangelion.

yeah i love it too but disagree on it being a better version of eva, although i can see why you are making the comparison, the arcs of juri and shinji, and the general ending of both series are pretty similar
if the series did not have as much pointless episodes in the first half, tightning up the pacing would do wonders for parts of the series, while also cutting some pointless side characters
Oct 4, 2017 7:48 PM

Jul 2017
Oona_Shea said:
It's a long one but Hunter x Hunter 2011 is an emotional rollercoaster. I cry with sad anime but I never cried so hard as I did with hxh. (so far)
. Oh.Same.HxH is so good you even cry for antagonists. a
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2017 7:49 PM

Jul 2017
Did no one ever watched Rainbow.I don't know how to link the anime but it's pretty depressing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2017 12:44 AM

May 2015
gabrielrroiz said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

yeah i love it too but disagree on it being a better version of eva, although i can see why you are making the comparison, the arcs of juri and shinji, and the general ending of both series are pretty similar
if the series did not have as much pointless episodes in the first half, tightning up the pacing would do wonders for parts of the series, while also cutting some pointless side characters

I found the first half necessary, to show us the ordinary lives of these kids, that they are just kids instead of just throwing us into the psychological stuff. Without this build-up it would be less powerful. EVA also has a little build-up which is necessary.

Look at anime that jump towards weirdness early on - Chaos Head, they lose momentum.
Oct 5, 2017 3:50 PM

Oct 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
gabrielrroiz said:

I found the first half necessary, to show us the ordinary lives of these kids, that they are just kids instead of just throwing us into the psychological stuff. Without this build-up it would be less powerful. EVA also has a little build-up which is necessary.

Look at anime that jump towards weirdness early on - Chaos Head, they lose momentum.

i understand there is a purpose behind making it this way, but it is hard to deny the first half of tamers is not that interesting on its own, and not a lot of what is being built up actually matters on the climax
that is why although i find the last 20 or so episodes of tamers pretty much the best thing ever, the show will never be more than a 9 in my eyes
Oct 6, 2017 11:08 AM

May 2015
gabrielrroiz said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

i understand there is a purpose behind making it this way, but it is hard to deny the first half of tamers is not that interesting on its own, and not a lot of what is being built up actually matters on the climax
that is why although i find the last 20 or so episodes of tamers pretty much the best thing ever, the show will never be more than a 9 in my eyes

I found them interesting on their own - the characters were interesting, it had childlike vibe to it, a view to the somewhat innocent world of children with a little bit of darkness looming over it. Those last 20 episodes needed these first episodes like the first episodes needed the last.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» New(ish) Manga Reader in Need of Recommendations!

Wakarimas-en - 2 hours ago

2 by Lucifrost »»
17 minutes ago

» ntr doujin?

3hitcombo - 5 hours ago

1 by Knighty_IX »»
17 minutes ago

» Similar animes to Tengoku Daimakyou ( 1 2 )

Salvaged - Apr 21

65 by 24kGOLDEN »»
58 minutes ago

» Era Samurai

Woraken - May 12, 2017

3 by RackOrRuin »»
4 hours ago

» doujin recommendation

3hitcombo - 5 hours ago

0 by 3hitcombo »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.