Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 28, 2017 4:24 PM
Dec 2015
Anybody know original Gundam series made in Manga format? What I mean is not a manga adaption from a series that was already an anime series. The only ones I know of are The Last Outpost and Crossbone, other than that I don't think there are any from what I have researched but just wandering if anyone else knew.
Sep 30, 2017 4:38 PM

Apr 2013
there was a manga released while the anime was airing
https://myanimelist.net/manga/9977/Kidou_Senshi_Gundam
but i think it was an original anime/series

and the Gundam the Origin manga is in part an adaptation of the original series, but it's better
Sep 30, 2017 10:46 PM

Aug 2016
Pirate said:
there was a manga released while the anime was airing
https://myanimelist.net/manga/9977/Kidou_Senshi_Gundam
but i think it was an original anime/series

and the Gundam the Origin manga is in part an adaptation of the original series, but it's better

I think he means manga that are just original content without an anime attached.

There's Gundam Katana that take place in the Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam anime since the Titans exists.

I've also read Gundam Developers which I thought was pretty cool as it explains how the first Zaku got mass produced in this factory that shouldn't have won the military contract. Really tragic in hindsight if you think about how Zeon loses but meh.

I haven't personally read MS Boys but it kinda has an 08th MS Team vibe from the synopsis so I'm probably gonna read it.

I know there's more Gundam manga out there but I can say these 3 seem to be worth reading in my opinion.
Somali_StrawhatSep 30, 2017 10:50 PM
Oct 1, 2017 2:28 AM
Dec 2015
Thanks, I'll definitely check them out.
Oct 1, 2017 5:13 PM
Dec 2015
Thanks so much, that was very informative.
Oct 2, 2017 8:40 PM

May 2010
École du Ciel. I like this one.
Oct 17, 2017 9:47 AM

Aug 2016
Turtles_Hunter said:

Gundam the origin (the manga) is the adaptation of the whole first series, with a few changes, and new content added (the whole flashback that last for 6 volume is nearly entirely new content), and that's the only part that's being adapted in the MSG the origin anime.

So basically the Origin manga is the same content (and more) of the first series?
Oct 18, 2017 6:11 PM

Aug 2016
Turtles_Hunter said:
dott_1 said:

So basically the Origin manga is the same content (and more) of the first series?
Yep. Some event happen in another order, but basically, it's the 79 serie + the origin OAV.

I see. Good to know, thanks a lot!

More topics from this board

» PINK BANANA is coming! The first English language book of its kind which collects some of the weirdest and most obscure manga of the 60s and 70s.

showashowcase - Apr 2

1 by St0rmblade »»
1 hour ago

» Manga Wisdom for the Ages ( 1 2 )

Nekoburger - Aug 9, 2023

50 by Nekoburger »»
2 hours ago

» How many chapters do you read a month?

Rissio - Apr 4

19 by LordZirkaZero »»
2 hours ago

» How long does it take you to read a LN volume?

Maou_heika - Feb 8

19 by Narushisto »»
2 hours ago

» I need help finding a manga that I have forgotten

codelyok13 - Yesterday

1 by codelyok13 »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.