Forum Settings
Forums

Do you think that the excuse ''can't exercise due to medical treatment'' by fat people legitimate?

Sep 28, 2017 4:17 PM
Kotori❤Kanbe

I, myself, have a knee disease and lower back issues yet that doesn't stop me from working out EVERY day. It hurts but I push and push. I mean if you can't exercise then do long walks.

I can't imagine someone who's not crippled being advised by their doctor to NOT exercise.

What do you think of this?
@traed
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. https://discord.gg/rRn6Jy3 if u want me to face reveal ask in pm

Sep 28, 2017 4:24 PM
</overrated>

If someone wants something enough they'll dismiss excuses and push thru.

I don't think exercising under pain is for everyone but not everyone has the mentality and drive to make that work. Small steps.

Sep 28, 2017 4:27 PM

I mean, I run through injuries all the time, so I can't really say. I don't have objectivity. Short of a seriously acute injury I'll run through most anything...

Sep 28, 2017 4:32 PM

OP I think less of you for making this thread.

Sep 28, 2017 4:36 PM

Takamura-sama said:
I, myself, have a knee disease

same, used to be a marathoner
then i took an arrow to the knee
イカロス --I K A R O S D E S U-- "Hai master" <3cruise

Becoming the bell of my heart
dont click here, baka -->> https://soundcloud.com/franciscan-guitar

Sep 28, 2017 4:45 PM

Don't make me say it again, it's not a good idea to lift weights if you have "lower back issues". This isn't your garbage shounen anime where you get stronger just because you are angry and never give up. If it hurts - you stop immediately, you don't "push and push".

Walking (and maybe swimming in some cases) is usually more than enough.

Sep 28, 2017 4:46 PM

Not sure why this directed at me.

Pain is usually a sign of something wrong physically. One shouldn't push themselves too hard or it worsens injury but gently working on it can help heal it but depends what it is.

Sep 28, 2017 5:01 PM

I mean there might be limitations on what certain people can do, but even small exercises are better than nothing.

Sep 28, 2017 5:05 PM

Why is traed specifically mentioned?

anyway, I think there's a reason why obesity is such a hard problem to deal with, I mean I honestly don't know how hard it is since I'm not in the position of something like that.

Sep 28, 2017 11:07 PM
Kotori❤Kanbe

_Ako_ said:
Why is traed specifically mentioned?

anyway, I think there's a reason why obesity is such a hard problem to deal with, I mean I honestly don't know how hard it is since I'm not in the position of something like that.

Idk, I tagged him in my last thread..
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. https://discord.gg/rRn6Jy3 if u want me to face reveal ask in pm

Sep 28, 2017 11:08 PM
Kotori❤Kanbe

kawaii96desu said:
Don't make me say it again, it's not a good idea to lift weights if you have "lower back issues". This isn't your garbage shounen anime where you get stronger just because you are angry and never give up. If it hurts - you stop immediately, you don't "push and push".

Walking (and maybe swimming in some cases) is usually more than enough.

I said this before: you can't stop doing what you love even if it hurts. I'd rather end my life if I can't do anything because something "hurts" I do take rests usually around 2 weeks to a month every month
Modified by Takamura-sama, Sep 28, 2017 11:13 PM

Sep 28, 2017 11:13 PM
im fat due to the metabolic side effects of medications (antipsychotics) i take, i already tried walking 1 hour a day everyday for almost 2 years and still my weight did not go down so i have given up now

Sep 28, 2017 11:15 PM

My dad developed bad knees when he was borderline obese. He had to work through the pain in order to go down to a healthy weight, and his knees went back to normal with minor pain.

FINALLY XX YOU OUT
feels so good to forget ya, i've become someone better

Sep 28, 2017 11:17 PM
Chocobo

I think it's pretty legitimate.

They probably can't do most exercises but I'd imagine there's something they can manage to do. May take baby steps, but if they really want to do something, there's something...

Maybe in worse cases though, it really is impossible and their only hope is saving up for surgery and hoping for the best. I don't think that's most people though, at least... I hope not.

Sep 28, 2017 11:21 PM

It really depends on the person. I'm overweight, but not by a lot. I wouldn't really struggle if I decided to work out. But someone who weighs 400+ pounds definitely would. Now, in a lot of cases, you could argue that it's their fault that they're so fat, and to some extent, it is. But you can't just label EVERY fat person as being lazy, or unmotivated, or a crybaby. Some people do have legitimate issues, be it physical, mental, or financial, that make it harder for them to lose weight.

Sep 28, 2017 11:51 PM

@Takamura-sama I think it's legit. But it shouldn't be a reason for them to NOT exercise what they can do.
"I'm tired, Boss. Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly at each other."
- John Coffey, Green Miles

Sep 29, 2017 12:11 AM
なのだ

If you can't then you can't. But being unable to exercise is still not excuse to be fat.

Sep 29, 2017 12:24 AM

It is actually really dangerous bigger you are to work out especially if you have some physical issues to go with it. It is best to just eat better. The reason they don't want you to work out, especially something like running- is because it puts too much pressure on joints. Not everyone has access to swimming which is usually the exercise anyone can do. The boyancey in the water protects the joints.

First you want to eat right. Then you want to Swim or Walk depending on your doctor's suggestions. Low impact.

Honestly, when I went to lose weight, I did it with pretty much diet alone. I lost 15 of the near 100 pounds I lost playing Pokemon Go. and 8 pounds Ice Skating. And absolutely ZERO from running.

How did I gain weight in the first place when I was only months before gaining all the weight and I mean ALL the weight and I mean only in two months did I gain all this weight...? Medication. I needed to FIRST get off the stupid medication that caused it. Second I actually had to solve a secondary issue caused by the medication making me unable to digest fiber normally. This was solved through a nutritionist who helped me build up my tolerance to fiber again. However, IBS is possibly forever? Cause I still have flair ups.

The only person who got obese other than myself in my family got that way because of a brain tumor... just sayin. However, I will point out, I know several people who just don't care about their body. They aren't asking for men to find them attractive either. One has a particularly low self esteem though. She keeps saying she wont lose weight cause she likes her fat boobs but like... :/ Why??? And the more you mention it to her and the more you encourage her, the less she wants to help herself and the more likely she will binge eat. <---- So in this case... I think it is a coping mechanism for being sad. Which I wouldn't say is her fault really... she just needs some mental help.
Modified by Energetic-Nova, Sep 29, 2017 12:36 AM
The anime community in a nutshell.

Sep 29, 2017 12:33 AM

Well if you think about it, if you were 800 pounds and you haven't gotten off your couch for 7 years, when you stand up your legs are going to snap like toothpicks, so it is legitimate. There's also stuff like heart conditions where any unnecessary stress in your heart, you die.

More or less, it is legit, but mostly people are just lazy.

Sep 29, 2017 12:45 AM

RyanEsau said:
I think it's pretty legitimate.

They probably can't do most exercises but I'd imagine there's something they can manage to do. May take baby steps, but if they really want to do something, there's something...

Maybe in worse cases though, it really is impossible and their only hope is saving up for surgery and hoping for the best. I don't think that's most people though, at least... I hope not.

Surgery requires weight loss (unless you are removing a tumor or something).

But if you are talking a weight loss surgery, yeah they ask you to lose weight first and keep it off.
The anime community in a nutshell.

Sep 29, 2017 1:58 PM

I had a friend, classmate, acquaintance. My mom's friend's son tried losing weight by riding his bike every day. He ended up falling off and breaking his arm.

Sep 29, 2017 2:03 PM

Are the threads that are questioning legitimacy legitimate ?

Sep 30, 2017 1:51 AM

no we need to force all fat fucks into labor camps and if they're still lazy we'll kill them off

the only things that dropped lower than my balls during puberty were my grades and my self-esteem

Sep 30, 2017 2:39 AM

I have really little sympathy for morbidly overweight people, honestly. You don't get like that without a bit of laziness.

Sep 30, 2017 2:57 AM

All it takes is willpower.
Be smart about it so you don't hurt your joints or overexert your heart.

Sep 30, 2017 5:18 PM

It depends, I guess. Some people may be serious while others make excuses.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Sep 30, 2017 5:23 PM

Some people are just lazy, let them be. I was overweight as a kid because I was lazy. Now I watch what I eat (but still enjoy treats) walk daily, power lift 3 times a week, and work a labor job. Only you know your body, but it's never a bad idea to be active

Sep 30, 2017 5:35 PM

You don't need to exercise to be healthy.

You know.. 80% diet 20% exercise

Well I guess you have to exercise a little, like maybe some arm curls if your movement is limited.

Sep 30, 2017 5:47 PM

It's not legitimate unless you have medical problems that directly affects your weight. Having a bad metabolism isn't reason enough. Fat people are fat because they eat too much, and if you can't exercise then eat less. 70% of weight loss comes down to food after all.
"In this world, evil can arise from the best of intentions. And there is good which can come from evil intentions"

Sep 30, 2017 5:48 PM
Lux_Lucis said:

damn will those loose skins be gone naturally with time though?

Sep 30, 2017 7:14 PM

I would say it kind of depends say for example if you have back problems (which my mom & I have) probably not the best idea to do them, if you have bad legs arthritis as an example (which I also have) you shouldn't overdue those muscles.

If you have things like lupus (which my aunt has) it would be very difficult to do any kind of workout.

again these are just some examples, but if it's mostly cause someones just to lazy to and don't want to put effort into it then I'd say that's a different situation.

(but that's just my opinion)

All the Anime's on my list are all one's I own Personal physical copies of, or have seen in theaters that I plan on buying, series that I've watched on FUNimation or HIDIVE will not be on here unless/until I have already bought it.

Sep 30, 2017 7:15 PM

isekai said:
Lux_Lucis said:

Not 100% sure if they do but I know you can get them removed from someone specialized in that field.

All the Anime's on my list are all one's I own Personal physical copies of, or have seen in theaters that I plan on buying, series that I've watched on FUNimation or HIDIVE will not be on here unless/until I have already bought it.

Oct 1, 2017 12:29 AM

animefan0071 said:
isekai said:

Not 100% sure if they do but I know you can get them removed from someone specialized in that field.

A burn clinic will take it off for free if you allow them to use it as a transplant.
Also skin does get tighter but to a degree. What you see in the vid is a result of most of the loose skin tightening back anyway and this is the remainder. More of it will be gone if he keeps filling the space up with muscle and some will tighten.
All of it rarely returns to normal so usually you do need plastic surgery.

Edit: Until (if) he gets rid of it, he can wear it with pride as a proof of accomplishing something most people never did and never will. He accomplished it hard mode btw: No professional help (nutritionist, doctors, private instructors etc).
Modified by Lux_Lucis, Oct 1, 2017 12:36 AM