Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 28, 2017 11:37 PM

May 2015
CrazyFrogz said:
symbiotic said:
Wait so Madhouse will continue to be the studio for this but not OPM an obviously much more popular show in some people's opinions and a show that would make them a lot of money compared to how much overlord would make in my opinion. I just don't see the sense, the producers must be going mad since they haven't produced anything note worthy in what seems like forever. Not saying I disliked the first season of overlord, it was actually pretty good.

What are you talking about? Overlord BD sales more than OPM.

Even if that's true, OPM is obviously more popular.

Sep 28, 2017 11:48 PM

Sep 2017
God have blessed me with more wonderful ANIME. thank you kami-sama

Sep 29, 2017 1:46 AM

Aug 2011
Kittens-kun said:

What popular can do? give money?
Sep 29, 2017 2:02 AM

Feb 2014
Lol Madhouse and sequels. I will believe it when it actually airs
Sep 29, 2017 4:48 AM

Apr 2008
Kittens-kun said:
CrazyFrogz said:

What are you talking about? Overlord BD sales more than OPM.

Keep telling yourself that
Sep 29, 2017 11:06 AM
Nov 2015
ClickBaitBuster said:
symbiotic said:
Wait so Madhouse will continue to be the studio for this but not OPM an obviously much more popular show in some people's opinions and a show that would make them a lot of money compared to how much overlord would make in my opinion. I just don't see the sense, the producers must be going mad since they haven't produced anything note worthy in what seems like forever. Not saying I disliked the first season of overlord, it was actually pretty good.
Overlord sold more disks than OPM, not to mention that the profit of OPM will get split between a lot of companies which is unfavorable for the ones that sits in the lower half of the production committee like Madhouse.
Madhouse is ranked 5th out of 5 companies that are part of Overlord S1 production committee. While it's ranked 8th out of 9 companies that are part of OPM S1 production committee. So its obvious which one is more profitable for them.

>Madhouse is ranked 5th out of 5 companies that are part of Overlord S1 production committee. While it's ranked 8th out of 9 companies that are part of OPM S1 production committee. So its obvious which one is more profitable for them

This is actually the first time I hear this, do yo have a source or something?
Sep 29, 2017 1:47 PM

May 2015
Darklight0303 said:
Kittens-kun said:

No one even gives a shit about Overlord in the West.

Sep 29, 2017 2:10 PM
Jun 2015
Did Madhouse just agree to do a season two of an anime?
Who got fired?
Sep 29, 2017 2:15 PM
Jun 2015
Kittens-kun said:
Darklight0303 said:

It's not based on what weeaboos in the west like.
it's based on what anime sold more copies of Bluerays and bundles in Japan.

And I liked Overlord you prick
The west loved The Devil is a part timer.
But noooo.
NO SEASON 2

but yea it's a suprised MADHOUSE did a season 2 of anything.
Just read the manga or comics of OPM
Theres a ton of that.
And don't say you don't have time to read manga or comics, you obviously don't have time to be posting on MAL then.
Sep 29, 2017 2:40 PM

May 2015
kjmn1999 said:
Kittens-kun said:

But noooo.
NO SEASON 2

Theres a ton of that.
And don't say you don't have time to read manga or comics, you obviously don't have time to be posting on MAL then.

Well at this point, the argument is "which is more popular?" If you only focus on Japan, then maybe Overlord is (even though no one has given evidence to support that) But if we talk about internationally? It's not even a question. OPM is obviously more popular.

Sep 29, 2017 2:42 PM
Jul 2018
fantastic news

can't wait for winter 2018
Sep 29, 2017 3:26 PM
Aug 2016
moaml_salm said:
ClickBaitBuster said:
Overlord sold more disks than OPM, not to mention that the profit of OPM will get split between a lot of companies which is unfavorable for the ones that sits in the lower half of the production committee like Madhouse.
Madhouse is ranked 5th out of 5 companies that are part of Overlord S1 production committee. While it's ranked 8th out of 9 companies that are part of OPM S1 production committee. So its obvious which one is more profitable for them.

>Madhouse is ranked 5th out of 5 companies that are part of Overlord S1 production committee. While it's ranked 8th out of 9 companies that are part of OPM S1 production committee. So its obvious which one is more profitable for them

Overlord production committee:
・製作
堀内大示:MF
青柳昌行:エンターブレイン
村田嘉邦:ショウゲート
土橋哲也:AT-X
高橋正弘:マッドハウス
·Production
Horiuchi Daimyo: MF
Aoyanagi Masayuki: Enterbrain
Murata Yoshihiro: Shogate
Tetsuya Dobashi: AT-X
Masahiro Takahashi: Madhouse

One Punch Man production committee:
製作 - ヒーロー協会本部
(バンダイビジュアル、テレビ東京、アサツー ディ・ケイ、ジェイアール東日本企画、集英社、ランティス、バンプレスト、マッドハウス、グッドスマイルカンパニー)
Production - Hero Association Headquarters
(Bandai Visual, TV TOKYO, Asato di Kay, JR East Planning, Shueisha, Lantis, Banpresto, Madhouse, Good Smile Company)
Sep 29, 2017 3:41 PM
Nov 2015
ClickBaitBuster said:
moaml_salm said:

・製作
堀内大示:MF
青柳昌行:エンターブレイン
村田嘉邦:ショウゲート
土橋哲也:AT-X
高橋正弘:マッドハウス
·Production

製作 - ヒーロー協会本部
(バンダイビジュアル、テレビ東京、アサツー ディ・ケイ、ジェイアール東日本企画、集英社、ランティス、バンプレスト、マッドハウス、グッドスマイルカンパニー)
(Bandai Visual, TV TOKYO, Asato di Kay, JR East Planning, Shueisha, Lantis, Banpresto, Madhouse, Good Smile Company)

I just found out that it's not in any specific ranking so your argument is invalid
Sep 29, 2017 3:50 PM
Aug 2016
moaml_salm said:
ClickBaitBuster said:
·Production

I just found out that it's not in any specific ranking so your argument is invalid
???
they are literally ranked from the top to the bottom. and I'm not arguing lol, I'm just providing facts.
Sep 29, 2017 3:52 PM
Nov 2015
ClickBaitBuster said:
moaml_salm said:

???
they are literally ranked from the top to the bottom. and I'm not arguing lol, I'm just providing facts.

Yes but that doesn't mean it's a specific ranking, it's just random ranking
Sep 29, 2017 4:19 PM
Aug 2016
moaml_salm said:
ClickBaitBuster said:
???

https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2017/05/02/what-is-an-animes-production-committee/
"It is extremely rare to get the actual amount that each company finances into production, but what we can tell is who finances more than one another. That’s by looking at the order of companies listed. Companies at the top financed more of production than ones on the bottom."

Todd: How do you know that the order of names in the production committee list is in line with how much they’ve financed? Is it an educated guess or something that people have confirmed before?
kViN: The spam filter ate your comment for some reason! It’s something that’s been confirmed by industry people, I suppose the easiest way to get a straight answer about it in the English speaking sphere is to simply ask someone like Miles. I’m actually not sure how the idea that the order is random and keeps changing for no reason has lived this long.
ClickBaitBusterSep 29, 2017 4:25 PM
Sep 29, 2017 4:21 PM

Jun 2016
Awesome news. I look forward to seeing Ains and his people once more kick asses.
Gift by Mimurona

Sep 29, 2017 4:28 PM
Nov 2015
ClickBaitBuster said:
moaml_salm said:

https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2017/05/02/what-is-an-animes-production-committee/
[quote)It is extremely rare to get the actual amount that each company finances into production, but what we can tell is who finances more than one another. That’s by looking at the order of companies listed. Companies at the top financed more of production than ones on the bottom.

Todd: How do you know that the order of names in the production committee list is in line with how much they’ve financed? Is it an educated guess or something that people have confirmed before?
kViN: The spam filter ate your comment for some reason! It’s something that’s been confirmed by industry people, I suppose the easiest way to get a straight answer about it in the English speaking sphere is to simply ask someone like Miles. I’m actually not sure how the idea that the order is random and keeps changing for no reason has lived this long.
[/quote]
But these are two different sites, how should I know if that other site's ranking is working the same way as this man said?
Also , he said this

>the risk split isn’t equal. A committee with 8 members doesn’t mean each member is responsible for 12.5% of financing; the amount differs for each member.

The number of companies doesn't matter much
Sep 29, 2017 4:30 PM
Aug 2016
Kittens-kun said:
kjmn1999 said:

But noooo.
NO SEASON 2

Theres a ton of that.

Well at this point, the argument is "which is more popular?" If you only focus on Japan, then maybe Overlord is (even though no one has given evidence to support that) But if we talk about internationally? It's not even a question. OPM is obviously more popular.
in general, One Punch Man (as a manga) is more popular than overlord both in Japan and in the west. Nut if we were to talk only about the disc sales of their anime adaptation, then Overlord sold more.
OPM average disc sales are 10,522 copies while Overlord are 12,693 copies.
http://www.someanithing.com/3052
Nov 13, 2017 6:32 AM

Nov 2007
OP: "GO CRY GO" by OxT
ED: "HYDRA" by MYTH & ROID
http://moca-news.net/article/20171113/2017111319200a_/01/

Event to pre-screen first ep., cast talk, and theme song live on December 17, 2017. (Theme songs also announced)
http://moca-news.net/article/20171127/2017112718480a_/01/
tsubasaloverNov 27, 2017 2:01 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

Doshigatai - 54 minutes ago

1 by JehadKun »»
22 minutes ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

26 by infanf »»
1 hour ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

1 by deg »»
2 hours ago

» 'Isekai Shikkaku' Reveals Supporting Cast Pair

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by DARM11 »»
6 hours ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

22 by ZXEAN »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.