Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 28, 2017 7:25 PM
Sep 2010
Coldbid said:
bleh, worst episode by far.
8/10 anime
I agree, its like they adapted some bar talk and slapped some fan service and references here and there.
Sep 28, 2017 7:28 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Basically, this was yet another 'misunderstanding' that got us viewers as Episode 11 was more or less the more proper finale than this and this finale more like an OVA. Lol, found this back on 9anime so figured why not share it here.
It was a fairly enjoyable finale to the show, to be honest, with the important gaming talks which really touched my kokoro and some excessive onsen fan service. Aguri was just savage as ever, criticizing games and gamers in front of four avid ones and actually managing to hit them back quite hard repeatedly. Tendou, Chiaki and Tasuki, in all honesty, made it all the more worse but it was an awesome counter-attack by Keita there. Lol, the first two minutes of the episode though were seriously useless and futile and it was even more so that we didn't any explanations on it. Well, I didn't personally mind it much so I was completely alright with it.
Overall, a 4/5 to this finale episode and a generous 7.5/10 from my part because as poor as the storyline and cliche-like it was, it was an show I enjoyed greatly and looked forward to every week.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 28, 2017 8:10 PM

Aug 2014
After 12 episodes, the show remembers its title.
Sieg Zeon!
Sep 28, 2017 8:10 PM
Sep 2017
I want to start off by saying that this is solely my opinion, and im not knocking anyone who felt differently than I did.

I enjoyed episodes 1-11, they werent great, but were averagely enjoyable and something that could get a giggle out of me at least once an episode.

However, episode 12 was in my opinion one of the biggest waste of time of this seasons animes. Completely unrelated to the story, pointless fanservice (from someone who enjoys a little fanservice here and there), uninspired final moments, unresolved issues. I honestly hated it. Ruined the show for me. /rant.
Sep 28, 2017 8:13 PM

Aug 2014
Kikko002 said:
11 Episode is the last episode, 12 is a DLC

Free DLC, you need to buy the uncensored one (?)
Sep 28, 2017 8:21 PM

Jan 2013
this last episode was what i expected to be the basis of the series instead of the clusterfudge it ended up having lol
as alot of ppl said, last week felt more like a final
Sep 28, 2017 8:46 PM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
I want a refund.

6/10
Sep 28, 2017 9:19 PM
Aug 2012
Having 11 crap episodes just not enough for them, so there is this episode 12, the ending, with a lof of fan service and an odd way to end the series.
I didn't even watch this whole episode, only skip here and there and that's my best decision ever.
Sep 28, 2017 9:22 PM

Jan 2013
The whole gaming conversation went on for so long. Took up the whole episode. Made up for the lack of focus on games the rest of the series, but it was too much. No conclusion or more progress at least.
Sep 28, 2017 9:24 PM

Feb 2017
The most funny thing about the episode is the message that EP 12 itself is like a DLC and clearly Amano represents the people that want a 'refund' for this episode because it really does nothing for the series besides the fan service bath scene LOL. Also i must admit, Aguri was also striking my heart with all those comments about gaming T.T

Anyway, i liked this episode enough for a 3.5/5 or 7/10. Also i'm gonna glad they used the first ending, not saying the second was bad...just it was a good way to end it.

Edit: Oh and one more thing.........#TeamChiaki XD
Sep 28, 2017 9:34 PM

Mar 2015
Lol, in the end they decided to do original ending, like I said last week when they've deviated from volume 5's ending by not doing any misunderstanding. RIP any chance for season 2.

Sep 28, 2017 9:47 PM

Sep 2015
Nice final episode. It might not have felt like a finale, but I thought it worked for what it was. The episode was basically a DLC...and it was all about discussing DLC. How meta!

Overall...I'm not sure if I'd give this an 8 or 9. The first 7 episodes were amazing. Lots of fun, cute pairings, natural characters and lots of "nothing humor"...stuff that I really enjoy. MC and FMC were both likable, and I kept coming back to see their interactions. Wasn't necessarily deep...but then again I wouldn't look at this as a serious romance anyway. Sometimes pairings like this echo reality more than the usual cliches.

I think it started to go downhill when Chiaki joined the love triangle. It just felt completely unnecessary and awkward, and the fifth wheel dynamic really hurt the comedy, and detracted from the main romance. This was more obvious last episode, when that horrible little shit of a sister kept getting in the way of the double date, while Karen basically just let it happen. Chiaki and Konoha were probably my least favorite characters in this show, even if the former initially was a nice part of the comedy. Would have been nicer seeing her remain as a neutral party, and not crush/fall for characters in relationships.

Karen definitely the best character though...and my god that end card. That end card...my god...my god that end card.
Sep 28, 2017 10:33 PM
Oct 2010
Coldbid said:
bleh, worst episode by far.
8/10 anime

I disagree, this was the best episode by far, the anime itself was a 5/10 until this one IMO. This was the only episode other than the first two that focused specifically on gaming and there was actually some decent commentary about the current game industries practices and pricing.

It was definitely a relief from the 8 episodes of stupid relationship stuff. Even after meeting the "pros" in the gaming club, they are never heard from again, even after the foreshadowing at the start with tendou losing everything, it never happened and there was far too much focus away from gaming itself.

Only up until the end did gaming come back into the picture and I really agreed with Amano when he stated that gaming is open to wastefulness. We see it all the time with steam sales and what not. I also liked that they were trying to convince a non-gamer about the value of games.

So yeah I get why people who enjoyed the last 8 episodes wouldn't like this one, but I thought it was by far the best one. I was hoping to get a gaming related show but I got a relationship show with gaming as a back drop.

QuattroVaginas said:
After 12 episodes, the show remembers its title.

This guy gets it!
Sep 28, 2017 11:08 PM

Jan 2011
Ah so last week really was the finale was wondering what this one would be, turns out it was a enjoyable oddly placed OVA ish episode that reminded me on what initially liked about this show games!

gamers was alright i was entertained by the cast of characters while i had some fun with the chaotic misunderstanding it sorta went on too long and went off tracks from what i thought was some of the better aspects of the show like the gaming aspect/ references ( and man we barely got to see Guilty Gear player girl ).

episode did sting a little to close to home in our current year we've come a long way since the start of horse armor DLC while some aspects have gotten better other have gotten worse ,Witcher 3 is a perfect example of DLC done right for a already completed game then you have stuff like the DOA were you can easily spend up to a grand if you want to get all the additional content which is a rare case but true at least Aguri came around to it in the end even when she was sorta right lol.

flat 7/10 for me
Sep 28, 2017 11:13 PM

Mar 2014
This Episode the REAL MEANING OF DLC

Ep 1 - 11 is the Main game
Ep. 12 DLC

Ep.11 more viable ending for this anime
Ep.12 just literally talk about DLC and ironic that this episode 12 is more DLC of the Anime industry
Sep 28, 2017 11:23 PM
Jul 2015
It's finally over. I'm so happy, I could cry. This episode felt like it was written by the gaming subreddit. I'm sure at this moment they're over their jerking themselves off over the anti-dlc conversation.
Overall this felt like someone that's never played games themselves interpretation of gamers. It abused the same shitty joke over and over again that I'm pretty sure it counts as crime against humanity. It doesn't matter if it's intentional or not, bad writing is bad writing. I envy the people that enjoyed this.
Sep 28, 2017 11:51 PM

Dec 2013
So the MC to this show was Eiichi all along, lol.
Whilst this was a good way to end the series without going into the next arcs, it did feel like more of an OVA or in their case, an add-on content episode.

The show itself started great, but an excess of the misunderstandings kind of dragged things out by around episode 8-10. Things got frustrating just watching everyone flail around in their relationships.

Kind of interesting in seeing how everything ends, but not really wanting to see all the misunderstandings blowing up all around.

HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 28, 2017 11:56 PM
Feb 2017
I liked the show very much until the last episode it was boring. 1st glimpse was confusing and it ended with no final conclusion.
Sep 29, 2017 12:26 AM

Dec 2015
SEASON 2 ASAP!!!!
Sep 29, 2017 12:31 AM

May 2017
Gilla Formars de geso, boring final episode, now all of sudden they wanna stick to the title, about gaming? Too late "Gamers"

7/10
Sep 29, 2017 12:50 AM
Mar 2016
How is this a final episode? What a train wreck
Sep 29, 2017 1:00 AM

Jun 2013
This was a moderately funny episode, but I feel like I just watched 12 episodes of a romance anime without any substantial payoff. Especially when you consider that they're all officially in relationships by this point (except for Chiaki), yet we haven't seen them do anything but hold hands.

"But isn't it hilarious how the show acknowledges that the last episode has nothing to do with the main plot?" No... Not really. Not that I was really expecting anything amazing, because this is an adaptation of material still in publishing, and it's also not arc based... But it still feels half-hearted.

Well, I did get a few good laughs from pretty much every episode. Maybe that was worth it.
LeeTailorSep 29, 2017 1:07 AM
Sep 29, 2017 1:15 AM

Nov 2016
a cringe and authism anime of the season.
Sep 29, 2017 1:16 AM

Oct 2008
Will we be getting an Uncensored DLC/Patch for Episode 12? I feel that the devs should look into a version 12.1 as an Uncensored DLC/Patch
Still looking for a signature.
Sep 29, 2017 1:20 AM

May 2010
It was okay. Aguri was the most entertaining. And Tasuku. The misunderstandings were kinda okay. The jokes were okay. It was rlly average. 6/10
Sep 29, 2017 1:55 AM

May 2009
Shame.. Shame.. Shame..
5/10
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Sep 29, 2017 2:55 AM

Aug 2017
little disappointed with the ending.. but overall still good anime~
 Live in life, die in death. Follow your heart, do what you can 
     ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ────┐

└─────── ─ ─ ─    
Sep 29, 2017 2:57 AM
Oct 2015
I would like a new series or a spin-off where Eiichi is the MC, (the guy at the start of the episode)
Heckle was here...
Sep 29, 2017 3:05 AM

Sep 2007
Yes. More of that, please. More gaming-related discussions and less light novel romcom bullshit. This episode got as close to Genshiken as any anime managed since, well, Genshiken. Either that, or Gamers! started channeling Jim Sterling all of a sudden LOL

Kikko002 said:
11 Episode is the last episode, 12 is a DLC

ON. POINT.
vanetzSep 29, 2017 3:17 AM
Sep 29, 2017 3:27 AM

Oct 2012
season 2 possibly?
Sep 29, 2017 3:28 AM

Jul 2012
Totally not what I expected to watch after the first episode! Yet it was still worth it even if the bouncing silly drama was rather stressful. Gods I hope I wasn't that dense back in HS thinking back on my own fun. All in all is was enjoyable for the most part.

Now as for the last episode... HAH!
It had me laughing with trying to teach Aguri about gaming concepts and bringing her views to the table. The analogies were pretty amusing at that too.
Sep 29, 2017 4:21 AM

Jun 2016
Not a bad final episode. I don't get why the show thought we needed fanservice, because it would have been better without it. I also agree with the commenter who mentioned that the breast seemed larger during that scene.

I like games, but Aguri has a point that it's too expensive. In Canada games are 70 some dollars. Even though I can afford it I can't justify wasting so much money on all of the games I want. The only brightside is that my library has games you can borrow. Thank God for libraries.

Overall, for a show about misunderstandings it was fun, but it did get harder to watch near the end. I do get that this show is all about misunderstandings, but it kept going over the top and I found myself wondering why these guys don't just talk to each other. I also hate the addition or the little sister and thought Chiaki started to get annoying near the end.

That being said, Amano and Aguri's friendship was lovely to watch.

Not sure how to rate this yet. I'm veering between 6 and 7.

TheHeckle said:
I would like a new series or a spin-off where Eiichi is the MC, (the guy at the start of the episode)

He's been one of my favourites since the first episode. I was pleasantly surprised when he showed up in the beginning and thought that may end this episode would be about him, but it wasn't. :(
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Sep 29, 2017 4:58 AM
Jul 2018
As last episode, it's pretty bad and i'm irritated that no one mentioned one of reason games are expensive is it's expensive development cost, such as The Witcher 3 budget is around $80 million (CMIIW).
Sep 29, 2017 5:30 AM

Mar 2015
So episode 11 was the actual end as far as the story goes. This episode was pretty much pointless dialogue overlaying a massive amount of fan service to make up for its lack in the rest of the series. :p

I did get interested in the characters, but it just seemed that, in the end, not a lot of effort was placed into the story of the series. At this moment I am left with the feeling that this was just another show about teenagers who can't get their shit together and that's all. At the end of episode 11 I was pumped because I was thinking I would be seeing some good resolution in episode 12, especially something involving the male lead hurting himself in the storm drain. But literally nothing happened.
Top_SergeantSep 29, 2017 5:39 AM
The sword that takes life gives life
Sep 29, 2017 5:40 AM

Apr 2017
the ending is like eh?! hopefully there would be a season 2

overall 9/10 ;3
Sep 29, 2017 5:43 AM

Aug 2017
I thought this episode was probably one of the funniest so far but I'm disappointed there was no Chiaki reveal. I can only hope they are already planning a second season because it would be really disappointing to end the show here without any resolve between Chiaki and Amano.

Overall it was still a good episode and it was a really good series, I just hope we get a 2nd season at some point.

Score: 8/10
UnknownAKSep 29, 2017 5:48 AM
Sep 29, 2017 6:16 AM
Sep 2017
if there is any information about the two season gamers chat me or information it to me
Sep 29, 2017 6:40 AM
Jul 2015
Obviously none of these people are part of the PC master race. kekekekek. Maybe its just me though but I could explain to Aguri in a clear and concise manner how games are fun and are worth money. But then again I guess the theme is the show is shitty communication skills. I think what the episode preaches at the end about dlc and games is anti-consumer but that's not why we watched it is it. However if its supposed to be a commentary on the state of the industry and the is a "DLC" episode I applaud Pine Jam and the producers. However, that would mean that Sony has self awareness. I think we both know the answer is no.

I give the overall series a 7/10
Sep 29, 2017 6:46 AM

Jul 2017
Does anyone get the joke that they were talking about DLC and this episode was basically like DLC with the true ending being last episode? That't actually pretty funny.
nico nico knee me in the ass
Sep 29, 2017 6:49 AM
Dec 2015
Why did Chiaki not bring up how much it cost to make a game. even indie developers lose a good chunk of the bank when they make something
Sep 29, 2017 7:23 AM

Aug 2013
Good finale. 7/10 I guess. I loved character design. Karen and Aguri were so sweet.
Hah, switch on the endcard. What a coincidence, I just bought a switch ^^
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 29, 2017 7:41 AM

Jan 2014
Young stupid in love & hopeless misunderstandings...should have been the title name...or something like that. Frustrating watch, just bad show overall 4/10.
Thankfully my brain cells didn't suffer much since i marathon it in some hours, fast forwarding most of it.
Sep 29, 2017 7:50 AM

Sep 2015
This was definitely the "baseball took more time than expected and we will have to skip one week" extra episode.
Sep 29, 2017 7:50 AM
Mar 2017
overall the anime is good , just the ending doesn't feels like an anime ending , it feels just like some normal episode
Sep 29, 2017 8:13 AM

Jul 2016
That didn't felt like an finale at all, looks like an ova cause of the hot spring fan service.

My overall impression was pretty biased since I love games. I really enjoyed the romcom, misunderstanding comedy, and the relationship between gamers and non-gamers, Aguri roasting the gamers was priceless. Would like to have a sequel.
Sep 29, 2017 9:01 AM

Oct 2015
Really disappointed with the last episode. This episode & 11 should've swap places. Kind of agree with Aguri, nowadays games are just too expensive. It makes me only play free games on mobile. I still ship Amano x Chiaki, a S2 is extremely unlikely. So LN reader please spoil me, how's the relationship of every character right now?
Sep 29, 2017 10:17 AM

Dec 2015
The only episode where we really talk about games.

6/10
Sep 29, 2017 11:52 AM
Mar 2017
second season please? or OVA ...
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » [Poll] Gamers Romance

Lnlover - Aug 30, 2017

30 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:19 PM

» Misunderstandings

Shomix - Sep 29, 2017

13 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:18 PM

Poll: » [the usual] BEST GIRL POLL

GangsterCat - Sep 7, 2017

13 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:15 PM

» Do people not understand that this is a parody? ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Feb 23, 2023

61 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:14 PM

Poll: » Gamers! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2017

179 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 6:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.