Forum Settings
Forums

You have the chance to eliminate one anime from ever existing. What anime is it?

Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Post New Reply
Oct 18, 2017 11:45 AM

Pingu in the City.

Oct 18, 2017 11:51 AM

Saint Seiya

It has the worst animation I have ever seen in all my years, and take in consideration that I'm comparing it with series made in the seventies.

Play Eternal, the best digital card game ever

Oct 18, 2017 11:54 AM

Pingu in the city of course. Not for the anime itself but its fanbase ; it's getting so ennoying.

Oct 18, 2017 11:55 AM
The Dub Queen

None.

Although, most of the posts of this thread managed to trigger me.

Oct 18, 2017 12:06 PM

None.

Just because I don't like something doesn't mean it shouldn't exist because there are people who do like it and it would be petty to 'eliminate' something other people like just because I don't like it. I just don't waste my time on it. Simple as that. And this thread opens a can of worms.

Oct 18, 2017 12:08 PM
The Dub Queen

Ari_the_Lioness said:
None.

Just because I don't like something doesn't mean it shouldn't exist because there are people who do like it and it would be petty to 'eliminate' something other people like just because I don't like it. I just don't waste my time on it. Simple as that. And this thread opens a can of worms.

Well said. That's why most of the replies managed to trigger me.

Oct 18, 2017 12:21 PM

i imagine maybe i'd eliminate something if i was embarrassed or disheartened by its creation.
Charles-Émile Reynaud comes to mind when he threw most of his irreplaceable animation into the river after being outmoded.

Oct 18, 2017 12:31 PM
Will. Im will be eliminating a manga called mia chan daily life because its too disturbing and... Idk Its just wtf!!!!

Oct 18, 2017 12:32 PM

i mean the dude is credited with the invention of animation and cinematography and he just threw away all his stuff and died broke. curazu

Oct 18, 2017 12:40 PM

hard to chose between bnha and the fate franchise.... hmm, if we count f/z in the fate franchise then i guess bnha, but f/z shouldn't be on the same page as the rest of those garbage fsn, apogarbage etc shits.

Oct 19, 2017 8:43 AM

Definitely SAO. It in itself was a laughable show and unfortunately it's so called 'legacy' is seen till today in the sense that after SAO's disgraceful release, many other Isekai shows have spawned that are either equally shit or shittier... A recent example being Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. Full on harem with girls falling for the MC for no absolute reason (much like SAO).

If it didn't exist then the anime industry of today would indeed be very different and would definitely be better than today.

Oct 23, 2017 11:25 AM

Sakurada Reset, just to have David Production work on JoJo part 5 instead.

Modified by Snufkin, Oct 23, 2017 11:52 AM

Oct 23, 2017 11:34 AM

I would do the world a favor and get rid of boku no pico. That anime is just gross and unneccesary.

Oct 23, 2017 1:23 PM

Ghost in the Shell because it's really boring and bad but everyone just praises it.

Oct 23, 2017 3:21 PM
K-ON tbh, maybe then CGDCT wouldn't be so popular and the medium would be more respectable but might also mean the anime demographic would shift. maybe less show that pander to an otaku audience would be made with a greater focus on good, meaningful production instead perhaps? idk tbh

Oct 23, 2017 3:36 PM

Chaos;head. If we could be allowed a few more, then Chaos;child and robotics;note. Basically, I want to purify the Steins;gate universe of everything that isn't called steins;gate.

Oct 23, 2017 3:44 PM

None.

Only because there are so many shows I wish never existed, so I can’t choose. Might as well say no in the meantime.
what am i doing?

Oct 23, 2017 4:01 PM

pissolati said:
I do not see myself in the right to do something like that, animes are works of art, even if I hate an anime, even if it's the junk of the junk, as in every artwork someone spent their time producing the anime, put it his feelings in each frame, in some cases the anime only appeared to give an impulse in the original story, that the author perhaps was very happy to have managed to win an animation, as well as his fans, since animes many times are the mirrors of our soul, our glow of reality, to discard something that I merely think should not exist is something very selfish.

I totally agree. Not liking an anime is a personal opinion, to think it is trash and shouldn't exist is selfish and disrespectful.

Oct 23, 2017 4:23 PM

Can I just get rid of the manga Tokyo Ghoul;re? That'd be nice.

Oct 23, 2017 4:29 PM

Fairy Tail (if I could also add the manga it would be even better)

Oct 23, 2017 4:32 PM

I'll have to choose between Hetalia (even though I used to like it and it was one of the first anime I watched) the fans can be kind of crazy or Tokyo Ghoul (I'm trying to watch the second season and like it, but it's so hard.)

Oct 24, 2017 12:56 AM

Varris said:
Danganronpa the Animation. While not bad on its own it's a mediocre anime that ruins the amazing game.

As much as I agree that the anime felt rushed compared to the VN. You have to admit it's a perfect way to introduce people to the franchise. Anyone would prefer watching an anime instead of playing a VN, myself included.

I'd delete Gintama because even though I haven't even watched the anime, it takes half of MAL's top 10.
I'd delete FMA:B and Steins;Gate because they also were well-ranked in the MAL, I didn't even watch it either, but who cares.
I'd delete super popular shows like SAO, AOT, Re:Zero, NGNL from existence because they're popular and I hate when shows are popular. Heck, who cares if I watched it. I hate them because of their fanbase and a fanbase should tell everything about an anime. (Well, actually the AOT fanbase prevented me to watch the anime but I'm still well aware that a show popularity has got nothing with its quality)

Seriously though, if I had to stop myself from watching high ranked shows just because they may be praised and popular I wouldn't have known most of my top ten of favorite anime. The same goes for unpopular shows I liked like Mekaku City Actors, Chaos;Child or Classroom Crisis.
I could also argue that Subaru is not a terrible character, but here is not the place for that.

As long as a fanbase can be annoying, you should just ignore it. It helps !
Anyway, every anime deserves its place and can't just stop existing because some haters decided so. Even Boku no Pico deserves to exits...With the purpose to prank your buddies and make them watch it, that is.
Modified by EtoileSosso, Oct 24, 2017 1:09 AM

Oct 24, 2017 1:08 AM

Tokyo Ghoul Root A so that we get a better adaptation instead.

Oct 24, 2017 1:36 AM
Midnaholic

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya for killing the mecha genre.

Oct 24, 2017 1:37 AM

Menzo- said:
Re:Zero, I haven't even seen it I just rather dislike it's cancerous fanbase.

I would erase you for being a cancerous person
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Oct 24, 2017 5:46 AM

Deafness said:
Menzo- said:
Re:Zero, I haven't even seen it I just rather dislike it's cancerous fanbase.

I would erase you for being a cancerous person
Except I'm not an anime so jokes on you. *dab*
when ur about to have a refreshing sip of earl grey tea and someone says "traps are gay"

Oct 24, 2017 11:42 AM

It would be nice if I could erase bleach and kubo from my memory, it’s a big eyesore to me now.

Oct 24, 2017 12:35 PM

ItachiAlpha said:
hunter x hunter.....well because more generic clichéd shonen crap.....main character with fishing rod for weapon, a kid on a skateboard & a dude in a suit & holding a briefcase on a long adventure...... NO NO NO!!

Do not call "Hunter x Hunter (2011)" "Hunter x Hunter", that pile of shit does not deserve to be called that, that title only belongs to the fantastic 1999 series.

Oct 24, 2017 12:48 PM

Why are people picking some anime that are so bad they became memes?

Even if i had the choice i wouldn't really do it tbh
but if i had to pick 1: Kill la kill i guess? i don't know.

ヒノ…カタマリトナッテ…

シズンデシマエ……

Oct 24, 2017 12:50 PM

Probably Madoka Magica

close second is Elfen Lied just because I hate that pile of steaming shit the most.

Oct 24, 2017 12:50 PM
White Light

pupa everything about that anime was messed up

Oct 24, 2017 3:13 PM

TheHonestThief said:
Can I just get rid of the manga Tokyo Ghoul;re? That'd be nice.

^^^
The sequel sucks ass compared to the original

Oct 24, 2017 8:08 PM

Shiki.. wait so why did I even watch it again? Oh I watched it cuz of the main character but ugh I didn't expect things to end the way they did so it was basically a waste of my time.

Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]