Forum Settings
Forums

You have the chance to eliminate one anime from ever existing. What anime is it?

New
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 27, 2017 10:00 PM

Oct 2016
I'd like to remove Ikoku Irokoi Romantan, Junjou Romantica and Diabolik Lovers from existance or at least erase them from my mind.

But if I have to choose only one of them, I choose Ikoku Irokoi Romantan.
At least Junjou Romantica had one character I liked and two characters I felt sorry for while the artstyle for Diabolik Lovers was gorgeous.
Ikoku Irokoi Romantan had nothing likable about it whatsoever. And don't even get me started on the fact that the point of this anime is to romanticize rape. Nothing more, nothing less.
Sep 27, 2017 10:32 PM

May 2015
Mell8 said:
one piece; everyone needs to suffer

The indirect effects on my life a japanese comic book about pirates has had is something you couldn't even imagine, tbh. Good series.
Manaban said:
iscum said:

Quite sure that Asuka is the culprit in this case..

Isn't the chick from Urusei Yatsura said to come even before Asuka sometimes?

I mean I haven't seen UY but I've heard that what's her face is sort of the primogeniture there before

It's Lum obviously

Who cares about Urusei Yatsura

Maison Ikkoku is where it's at

ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Sep 27, 2017 10:34 PM

May 2015
What if Ikoku Irokoi Romantan inspired someone not to commit murder or something?

I wouldn't mess with time travel
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Sep 27, 2017 10:35 PM
Sep 2017
BOKUNOPICO for sure!!! what a cancer anime
Sep 27, 2017 10:56 PM
Oct 2016
Ones which were and still are recommended and got me into anime, I wish those were some other anime.
If I were to chose one of them, it would be Death Note.
Sep 27, 2017 11:04 PM

Jul 2017
Delete Twin Star Exorcist please and remake the first arc ONLY.

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Sep 27, 2017 11:35 PM
Jan 2016
None. Because I am afraid it would change the reality as we know it.
Sep 28, 2017 12:14 AM
May 2017
kilipson said:
Euphoria that shouldn't be allowed to exist! Kill it with fire!

B.. But... Episode 3 was my proudest fap. How dare you wanna erase it from existence.
Ths means war.
Sep 28, 2017 12:26 AM

Aug 2017
Future diary . Just a bad anime with no qualties, an insanely bad end, average animation and shitty character designs ( yuno looks like a shroom )
Sep 28, 2017 12:30 AM
Jun 2016
I'd go with my second favourite anime of all time, Your Lie in April. The reasoning, is because FUCKING A-1 PICTURES DID IT. They have no right to create something I actually like, considering how much they're massive dicks.
Sep 28, 2017 12:31 AM

Apr 2017
Your Lie in April is my first pick to go.
Sep 28, 2017 12:31 AM

Jun 2015
Cory in da house.

Best anime ever, too good for this world.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Sep 28, 2017 12:36 AM
Jul 2018
I'll say Boku no Pico. I haven't seen it yet but I know the story (I searched it on wikipedia) and it is GROSS as fuck
Sep 28, 2017 12:40 AM
Dec 2013
Gintama, so MAL's Top 10 would have a lot more variety in it.
Sep 28, 2017 1:22 AM

Feb 2017
I'm between One Piece, Naruto, Mirai Nikki or Kill la Kill.
-One Piece has a terrible artwork, horrible character design, a tedious and absurd plot and a somehow cringey and senseless humour. I strongly dislike everything related to pirates and the hype that this series has generated has invaded every place on the net. The only question whose answer I want to know from their fans is what does they keep watching it.

-Naruto began as a ninja-themed series and finished as a strange, fantasy-like action series. It lost its essence before Naruto Shippuden, but the main problem is because it has some of the most loathsome characters in anime history. The worst character is Sasuke Uchiha. At first his goal was to get his revenge on his brother Itachi, but when he revealed that his own clan were planning to take over Konohagakure and after Itachi died, he became a dead weight for the whole story. Sometimes he seemed more important that the supposed "main character" Naruto Uzumaki... Also, the fanbase overloaded every corner of the internet with anything that could be remotely related to Naruto and they could be a real pain if you don't agree with anything they believe.

-Mirai Nikki...
I couldn't understand why there are people who find something interesting or worth to keep watching it. The worst part of the whole series is the character Yuno Gasai. I think there isn't an exact word to describe such loathsome, annoying and disgusting character that also popularized the "yandere" cliché around the internet. Please, if someone is a fan and you are a mature person, can you please answer me what do you find interesting or anything that keeps you watching it or caught your attention?

-Kill la Kill... let's make a list. Half-naked girls fighting each other (and really, the only thing that covers their breasts and butts are some pieces of clothing and some microscopic thongs), heavily cringe and lewd characters and scenes and an inexistent plot. I dropped it without finishing the entire episode.

Also, if there's something that I could erase from the entire anime/manga existence should be the erotic fanservice in every franchise that weren't meant to be specifically ecchi or hentai.

Please don't take this too seriously. It's just my opinion after watching some episodes from these series.
AnimaExZeroSep 28, 2017 1:38 AM
We are EVERYWHERE...
Sep 28, 2017 1:44 AM

Jul 2013
TrulyAjinkya said:
Instead of deleting from existence, I want to bring some anime into existence.

1. Plastic Neesan
2. Noragami 3
3. Black Bullet 2
You mean a second season of Plastic Neesan, right? I can sell my soul to you if you could make one >_>

OT: I don't have any anime in particular I want to erase. Every one of them, even the ones I disliked, are part of my experience, so deleting them would be just sad.
Sep 28, 2017 2:45 AM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
Well, the only thing I compare anime to is any media made for entertainment value against economic profession, although the passion is clearly seen in that very media (or at least probably some are in it for the money, but there is no big money to be made in anime to begin with). Therefore considering all pieces of japanese animation being created for the purpose of either practicing their first experiences, creating any average piece to drop by a season more show to complete their ratio with streaming services or publicity (I do think they must have some kind of contract, some of them)...

Concerning all those possible reasons, I think every anime has the right and purpose of existing. NONETHELESS, I do consider mere animation trolls shouldn't be interpretated as anime, even if they qualify the tasteless and stupid rule of this website to register such animations (I'm speaking about you MyAnimeList members, community, moderators and finally admins), stuff such as "Shitcom" should all be erased from the website, and only the professional anime should be registered here. This does exclude doujin manga as some of them are of professional quality.

BESIDES, why are some animations such as the earlier referred "Shitcom" doing on a database who purposely also closes doors to any non-japanese ground published piece of manga / manhwa / webtoon for free doujins?

Sep 28, 2017 2:49 AM

Oct 2013
nose1234 said:
Deknijff said:
I feel SAO is being highly mentioned
like ok guys its popular and also popular to hate on but honestly there will always be a SAO which is super hyped and ends up being a major let down for failing to deliver on expectations
so try to mention a show you actually hate instead of disappointments
What if you hate it because it is disappointing? I named re:zero for that reason, I think it starts pretty good, but after the first few episodes more than half of it is trash. It could have been better if it didn't take itself very seriously, konosuba like or if it took itself very seriously, deadman wonderland like (I used that example because of the blood and psychological trauma and shit).
well if you hate the show for whatever reason I don't see a problem
but I just felt the show was being highly mentioned because its popular so its the first ting to come to mind
Sep 28, 2017 2:53 AM
May 2017
Illyricus said:
TrulyAjinkya said:
Instead of deleting from existence, I want to bring some anime into existence.

1. Plastic Neesan
2. Noragami 3
3. Black Bullet 2
You mean a second season of Plastic Neesan, right? I can sell my soul to you if you could make one >_>

OT: I don't have any anime in particular I want to erase. Every one of them, even the ones I disliked, are part of my experience, so deleting them would be just sad.

Yeah, second season of plastic neesan
Sep 28, 2017 3:01 AM
Jan 2017
GANTZ

The manga is so good, but the anime is so messed up.
Sep 28, 2017 5:00 AM

Feb 2017
Samy-kun said:
kilipson said:
Euphoria that shouldn't be allowed to exist! Kill it with fire!

B.. But... Episode 3 was my proudest fap. How dare you wanna erase it from existence.
Ths means war.
Damn, I got no words. I think ill accept your declaration of war...
Sep 28, 2017 5:13 AM

Mar 2012
Kyo Kara Maoh! - I fell for it too hard, if it's anime didn't exist I wouldn't have known about it's manga (which was utter trash), LNs (the best I've read) and basically every other thing related to it out there. All the time I've wasted on just trying to find even the tiniest of things related to the series, literally hours together and the money I spent on actually buying DVDs and other things, I could have done something productive or maybe just watch another anime.
Sep 28, 2017 7:54 AM

Jan 2014
Shitcom.. why is it even on MAL, I will never know.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Sep 28, 2017 8:01 AM

Jan 2016
If the OP made it so that the anime would've been erased from history instead of just being forgotten, then, either the second-halves of both SAO seasons, or the Ace Attorney series - as honestly, I wasted my time watching them.
However, on a global scale, I'd say Pupa. For obvious reasons. It was disturbing, it was terrible, and would be best be forgotten.
Sep 28, 2017 8:05 AM
Sep 2017
Psycho Pass Season 2. Erase it and make a better sequel
Sep 28, 2017 8:09 AM

Sep 2017
Eiken.

Seriously, this is a really disgusting series and there's no reason for it to exist. Maybe, if this was some sick hentai or eroge I wouldn't care as much, but it is a fully-fledged anime series.

This anime gives ecchi anime a bad name and nothing is good about it. If this anime disappeared from the universe, I would be oh so happy.
Sep 28, 2017 8:13 AM

Apr 2017
Deknijff said:
nose1234 said:
What if you hate it because it is disappointing? I named re:zero for that reason, I think it starts pretty good, but after the first few episodes more than half of it is trash. It could have been better if it didn't take itself very seriously, konosuba like or if it took itself very seriously, deadman wonderland like (I used that example because of the blood and psychological trauma and shit).
well if you hate the show for whatever reason I don't see a problem
but I just felt the show was being highly mentioned because its popular so its the first ting to come to mind

Well, when I started watching I had extremely low expectations because the anime community was shitting on it a lot, then I though hey, this is actually kind of good, maybe the anime community is actually full of shit. Well in the end they weren't.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2017 8:18 AM

May 2013
Hands down, Oreimo. Even the existence of that show squicks me.
Sep 28, 2017 8:21 AM
Apr 2015
SAO because... it's fucking SAO

Trash...
Sep 28, 2017 8:31 AM

Aug 2017
I'd probably pick Re:zero. It just tries way too hard to be funny at times (with bad jokes) despite being a sort of drama/thriller, which only ruins the mood. The art style doesn't fit either, with all the bright colors flying around. There's also way too much "just cause" scenes shoe-horned in. I might've appreciated it more as a LN but the anime is just—bleh

I agree that it was kinda disturbing but it had a certain kind of charm to it. Maybe cause I found the art attractive or something, lul. Also, the premise was kinda fresh to me when I watched it at first, a fanservice anime for peeps into vore. (I'm not into that mind you)
I wonder if I'm going to jail for this
Sep 28, 2017 8:41 AM

May 2016
I would get rid of the godawful anime adaptation of Tokyo Ghoul because the manga is so much better and I'd get rid of Kuroshitsuji II as well because it was super unnecessary
Sep 28, 2017 8:47 AM

Jul 2016
kill nisemonogatari it's dumb and a waste of good animation and effort. Also Kakeguri, that's dumb too
Sep 28, 2017 8:52 AM

Mar 2016
Theonewhorules said:
kill nisemonogatari it's dumb and a waste of good animation and effort. Also Kakeguri, that's dumb too

I don't really see why there's so much disdain for that part of the series. Everything that Bakemonogatari did was done just as well and most of the time better in Nisemonogatari. The fan-service was overal better, the jokes were funnier, and the show was more consistently well-animated.
Sep 28, 2017 9:50 AM

Jul 2016
dvbx_073 said:
Theonewhorules said:

I don't really see why there's so much disdain for that part of the series. Everything that Bakemonogatari did was done just as well and most of the time better in Nisemonogatari. The fan-service was overal better, the jokes were funnier, and the show was more consistently well-animated.

In nisemonogatari there were a lot less emotions and ideas. It felt empty and was hard to watch since it dragged on for so long. Bakemonogatari had less production value but overall was a better experience
Sep 28, 2017 9:54 AM

Feb 2010
None cause I'm not an asshole that needs everything that exists to be to my personal liking. But I guess I'd camp here and wait for some asshole wanting to erase something I like so then I can erase their favorites so they realize what an asshole thing to do it is.
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 28, 2017 10:01 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Theonewhorules said:
In nisemonogatari there were a lot less emotions and ideas

Idk, I kind of take issue with this statement because Nise was the only Monogatari with a theme and idea that didn't come across as motivational poster schlock to me. I wrote about it here in the spoilers a bit but I actually would say that the idea it had was the best one in the whole series.

Plus it had the best fanservice bar none. Nisemonogatari best monogatari.

Sep 28, 2017 10:05 AM
Nov 2016
There is only one that comes to my mind
Sep 28, 2017 10:10 AM

Mar 2017
Kapparina said:

Any particular reason for that? I can only assume you mean the fanbase around it.

CURRENT OTPS - Kaito Kid x Shinichi Kudou
CURRENT OBSESSION - Detective Conan
CURRENTLY PLAYING - Spyro | Crash Bandicoot
CURRENTLY LISTENING TO - WRLD: By Design
CURRENT HUSBAND - Kaitou Kid
Sep 28, 2017 10:12 AM

May 2015
NHK without a doubt. Few anime pissed me off as much as that one. It became insulting with how it beat me over the head with how awesome normality is, and how weird people should conform and stop having hobbies.

Fuck that.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Sep 28, 2017 10:23 AM

Sep 2014
Hunter x Hunter 2011 because I suspect the wave of wannabe elitist to come from their fans.
Sep 28, 2017 10:29 AM

Jan 2009
Persona - trinity soul

I was lured in by the Persona title and hated almost every second of it. Even the P3 cameos were complete trash

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Sep 28, 2017 10:34 AM

Apr 2015
Going for a not so much chosen anime:

Aldnoah.Zero

Fight me.

Plus, there are many anime out there that are much worse than SAO

(I honestly would have said Chaos;Head but the VN is great but the anime is crap so I chose a original anime)
Sep 28, 2017 10:43 AM

Apr 2015
...Dead Leaves. No anime should cause physical pain to whoever watches it.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Sep 28, 2017 10:43 AM
Nov 2016
Vanellotastic said:
Kapparina said:

Any particular reason for that? I can only assume you mean the fanbase around it.

One of the worst fanbases out there. I will not act like an expert because im not one but anime community would be way better without naruto.
Sep 28, 2017 11:47 AM

Jul 2017
Tokyo ghhoooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

i would also like death note.

-Sandris
Sep 28, 2017 12:11 PM

Feb 2010
punkrockrobot said:
I'd say Attack on Titan or at least the second season. I kinda liked the first season, but I found the second season boring and intolerable. Not to mention its fanbase is annoying as fuck.
sadly it does not improve after the 2nd season from the manga (which is why i did not watch the second season or continue the magna...

however as for the one i would delete is

Abunai sisters, and boku no pico

oh and one other one.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Sep 28, 2017 1:01 PM

Mar 2017
Kapparina said:
Vanellotastic said:

One of the worst fanbases out there. I will not act like an expert because im not one but anime community would be way better without naruto.

Some of the fanbase is really cringy and some of them aren't. I guess it just depends on who you run into. I personally really love Naruto, but I wouldn't say its fans are amazing.

CURRENT OTPS - Kaito Kid x Shinichi Kudou
CURRENT OBSESSION - Detective Conan
CURRENTLY PLAYING - Spyro | Crash Bandicoot
CURRENTLY LISTENING TO - WRLD: By Design
CURRENT HUSBAND - Kaitou Kid
Sep 28, 2017 1:07 PM

Sep 2015
Astro boy

because if you change one anime, you change them all
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
Sep 28, 2017 2:03 PM

Mar 2014
Oregairu because of how pretentious and edgy it is. It's one of these situations where you dislike something and seeing most people talk positively about it internally pisses you off
Sep 28, 2017 2:22 PM

Aug 2017
sao... the reason is pretty stupid so i'd rather not say
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Credit cards companies are forcing the Hentai industry

Dije - 7 hours ago

32 by _FRB_ »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your most common reason for rewatching anime?

MeanMrMusician - Yesterday

19 by mizukasa »»
4 minutes ago

» Anime you hope will be announced as soon as possible.

Dominusew - Today

17 by RaymondAnime »»
5 minutes ago

» Isekai anime are better than any other genre.

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 20

43 by KittenCuddler »»
9 minutes ago

» Characters you like but everyone else hates.

Spunkert - May 17, 2023

39 by AverageRiceFan »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.