Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 27, 2017 10:33 AM

Dec 2015
Not since Mayoiga have I overall rated something a 4/10.

This show is bad, not in a way that is abhorrently offensive and unwatchable, but instead it chooses to insult the viewer's intelligence by teasing that something interesting might finally happen with each episode but never fulfilling its promise. I believed this series hit its peak at around episode 6 (where it was still at a respectable 7/10 for me), and then everything proceeded to go downhill from there starting with episode 7, which was pretty much an extremely cringey fanservice episode. A show that I thought was originally going to be a decent episodic character study soon completely lost its direction in terms of plot and meaning.

Ayanokoji's character felt like a less likable Hachiman with one of the most inconsistent characterization I have ever seen for a "generic, dull male protagonist." Some people might argue that Ayanokoji is "unique" or that his actions are justified, but considering the fact that he was pretty much a bland white knight for the first 11 episodes of the series only to pull a complete 180 towards the end of the finale episode is just truly baffling. Heck, I would've even somewhat accepted Ayanokoji's character motivations if there was even any light shed onto his backstory or meaningful foreshadowing from previous episodes, but all we got was a couple uncertain scenes of him taking part of some sort of experiment in his childhood (reminded me of the backstory of Katsuhira from the Kiznaiver, but less fleshed out), and a few questionable interactions between him and Horikita.

Even with all my complaints about Ayanokoji as character being all over the place, he still manages to be one of the more INTERESTING characters to at least watch. Horikita is a character that simply has no redeeming qualities other than following the tsundere character trope to a tee and pretty much being a clone of Yukinoshita, void of any likable traits from the former. I really wished Kushida got more focus instead, but she didn't, so she just remained a cliche yangire. Every other character were either extremely vague in their characterization or just plain dull and one-note.

Art and animation of this show is extremely bland and boring with the only part that stands out being the design of character's eyes. Sound was okay, the OP was catchy and ED was soothing and atmospheric. None of the OST stood out at all.

Overall, I felt like Classroom of the Elite was a show that tried to seem smart and intriguing, but just ended up failing with its lack of focus and terribly written characters.
HibikaseSep 27, 2017 10:39 AM
"Anime is trash and so am I."
Sep 27, 2017 10:41 AM
May 2016
swampert260 said:
This adaptation didn't do the LN any justice, especially with the changes made from the source material. If there is a season 2, i hope it is done by someone who isn't biased towards certain characters. Of course, the best option would be to remake it into a new adaptation that stays true to the source material but obviously, that is never going to happen

At which volume did it end?
Sep 27, 2017 10:42 AM
Mar 2015
So the real main antagonist of this series is the main character himself... never thought the plot twist where he will think that all other people is just a mere tool, and that he win at the end is the only thing that matters to him.. Only antagonist would think like that
Sep 27, 2017 10:47 AM
Oct 2016
OPObsessed said:
An enjoyable series. I suspect the LNs are better. Oh, well, another thing to do.
in the LN he is very good in this "game" (god mode)
Sep 27, 2017 10:48 AM

Jul 2015
Good concept, poor execution.

Nothing else to add. Many people already wrote about the problems.

5/10

Sep 27, 2017 10:55 AM

Jul 2017
The main character:
AbusaeedSep 27, 2017 11:04 AM
Sep 27, 2017 11:00 AM

Jun 2016
So, in the end we found out that yeah Ayanokouji is an asshole and only doing all those things for himself. "Alright, alright, alright" - Matthew McConaughey. Nothing new. *yawn* I mean it's very evident from the very beginning. Lmfao.

Anyhoo, what a disappointing finale. Already expected that this is how it's gonna end. I expected more since this show had a lot of potential to be great and yet wasted its 2 episodes for shitty and dumbest reasons (that summer episode and the one which was filled with fanservice I can barely which episode was that).

Good for Class D to be the first place, then B, then A, then C. Lol. And it seems that Class B's leader want to transfer to Class D. Lmfao. Alright.

So disappointed in this anime, though I enjoyed the first two episodes of it.

5.5/10

Theorder14 said:
can any1 spoil me who stole the panty?

I reckon Ayanokouji mentioned that it was Ibuki who stole the panty.
TheDoggoneGirlSep 27, 2017 11:06 AM

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 27, 2017 11:00 AM
Aug 2015
Wait... If all that matters is that he wins, then WHY didn't he directly access A class ? Can't bullshit the "didn't bother" or something like that, with such a twist.
Sep 27, 2017 11:01 AM

Dec 2008
Ayanokoji is the real villain here! He's just using any person and any opportunity to win against his father. Wow! Now I feel REALLY sorry for the female characters that want to get closer to him.

Need a season 2.
Sep 27, 2017 11:02 AM

Jul 2009
Ayanokoji made this show. I want more merely to see him.

Himitsu_17 said:
Wait... If all that matters is that he wins, then WHY didn't he directly access A class ? Can't bullshit the "didn't bother" or something like that, with such a twist.

Well it all depends on what he considers "winning" right? Getting what you want is what makes you a winner/successful. If he doesn't want to be in class A then he's already winning.
Sep 27, 2017 11:02 AM

Jan 2015
can someone pls pls loop Ichinose's laugh at 9:50 best laugh ever.
This episode was so great btw, i thoroughly enjoyed it... wasnt my favorite LN for nothing after all, super happy that class D won, i actually felt happiness overfilling my body, that was a great feeling.
Sep 27, 2017 11:17 AM

Aug 2012
It was fine. Boring past few episode but they wrapped the important things on this one.

I don't see any character development beside the MC(knowing his past and his nature), Kushida became passive after episode 3, Horikita as a stepping stone and this *rumor best girl?* Karuizawa rarely appear. (can't remember if its Karuizawa or Ichinose)

I wouldn't hesitate to watch season 2 because my interest to Ayano is in there.
Sep 27, 2017 11:21 AM

Apr 2012
god this show is so fucking bad lmao

i'm giving this shit show a 1

the mc is straight up autistic
he's legit worse than Hachiman bc at least the latter became less autistic by the end of the show

how this show is still almost a 8 is beyond me
zzzeallySep 27, 2017 11:24 AM

Sep 27, 2017 11:25 AM

Dec 2014
ok so the last episode was so awesome...ayanokoji is something else...the guy is actually dark
Sep 27, 2017 11:31 AM

May 2015
That ending... everything should've been like that from the start. More Ayanokouji please. Alas, a lot of wasted potential. I don't even know if I want a second season, last episodes were so not interesting.
Sep 27, 2017 11:32 AM

Jul 2014
Honestly, this episode has made me interested in what happens going forward, despite the fact that this show as a whole has ultimately been rather boring and pointless. Sure, it was a very nice touch to switch from Horikita's sincerity towards Ayanokoji and his blunt, disinterested internal dialogue, but it's not as if this is new information about him (other than the link between whatever facility Ayanokoji came from and his father). However, all these links to the future will only be worth it if they bother to make a second season, which I honestly doubt; if they did make one, I would be interested despite this first season ultimately doing very little (like, they basically ignored Kushida for the entire second half, as well as ignoring Sakura other than random moments with here, and I'm sure these aren't the only plot threads that came to nothing).

7/10
Sep 27, 2017 11:36 AM

Jan 2014
Yeah, needs another season or something. I guessed pretty early on that he didn't really give a shit about anyone. Turns out I was right. Not sure how I feel about that, though.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Sep 27, 2017 11:36 AM

Jan 2014
Mind = Blown. But that's the norm of this series.

Ayanokoji is double-faced as fuck. WOW, ok he was treated like shit, so now he sees no worth in people. I wonder if teacher wants to change that in her own way? Like by motivating Ayanokoji to get off his comfort-zone, he will inevitably have to interact with others and eventually melt the ice of his heart. Not sure if I'm right, may a LN reader tell me if I'm on the spot?

Also that A Class girl, definitely has something with Ayanokoji, given how confident she was on the turnout.

All in all he's a much darker and somber Hachiman (for whoever wants to use those silly comparisons). The coldness of his eyes sure is deep.
Sep 27, 2017 11:38 AM

Aug 2013
9/10. Definitely one of the most interesting series of this year. I really hope for second season.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 27, 2017 11:42 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i have one word to describe (especially the ending of) this anime

Im gonna miss you Kushida ;___;
EcchiGodMamsterSep 27, 2017 11:52 AM
Sep 27, 2017 11:43 AM
Jul 2018
Sad and disappointed, that's how this anime makes me feel.

In general, a good idea worked in a completely wrong way. The show started with potential but it rapidly turned into an almost "random" series of event with huge gaps in the middle. We barely have a decently characterisation of the main and important secondary characters, except for Horikita, who's the typical needy sister who wants to live up to her brother's expectation,

This last ep was ok compared to the last four, but it's still a rushed ending that lives the viewer with more questions than informations. We finally got to know that Ayanokouji isn't actually trying to help the others, but himself, which I find interesting, yet kinda predictable, and that class A "leader", Sakayanagi, probably knows more than the series showed.

Summing up, a 4.5/10 due to the good animation and a generally good idea. Still, a very poor adaptation that need a season 2 to be deemed as a decent/half-good show.
Sep 27, 2017 11:48 AM

Nov 2009
Ayanokouji is such an emotionless ball of cold logic, intelligence and cunningness.

I seriously hope this will have a second season.

8/10.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Sep 27, 2017 11:49 AM
Dec 2012
FMmatron said:
Interesting concept terribly executed, one of the worst shows this season.
Really the worst anime of the season..... there are countless other ones that are worse than this! Even if you don't like this anime to call it the "worst anime of the season" is going way too far
Sep 27, 2017 11:51 AM

Jan 2016
I loved this anime, I need a season 2 now desperately! Darn it, I might just read up
on the LN if it's translated
Sep 27, 2017 11:52 AM
Aug 2014
The twist was a lot simpler than I thought it would be
Sep 27, 2017 11:57 AM
Dec 2008
Enjoyable but felt short to the point where it just felt like it got cut off.
Sep 27, 2017 11:58 AM

May 2015
Vicious said:

he's legit worse than Hachiman bc at least the latter became less autistic by the end of the show

You're overreacting.

Sep 27, 2017 12:03 PM

Dec 2016
Wow.. just wow,, i didn't expect that the last episode left me this satisfied. Actually i was really concerned since there were many loose ends and with only 1 episode remaining i thought they wouldn't do it but hey! they managed to sort things out which went pretty well imo.

this tho... it gave me the chills

That's ayanokoyi for you xd.. Now.. I want a second season badly! I feel like i grew so fond of the characters on this anime.. and this open ending makes it possible.. wish it happens <3

Sep 27, 2017 12:04 PM

Jan 2016
So, in the final moments, we finally realise Ayanokoji's true motives (and could be why he was placed in Class D - the teacher knows about him (and his father) so the reasoning might not be just because of his test scores)
Although I do find it rather strange that despite the Horikita-centred-ness of the series, she is pretty much rejected in the end. It's not bad - in fact it's great to show Ayanokoji's true nature and not break his character - but it just seems the focus on her was all for nothing in the end.

All in all, like many others said, the show was a good concept with a high-school setting reflecting political ideologies and the fundamental problems of society, but could have been better executed.

I personally found the first few episodes more interesting than the last, as is the popular opinion, however, the show still provokes deeper thoughts into the subjects it decides to brush up on, however little it actually does to explain.

All in all, 8/10. Started off like a more serious Oregairu, started to branch apart into something unique but didn't quite get there.

EDIT: Oh, and finally MAL has fixed the genres of this anime. Hooray!

Sep 27, 2017 12:07 PM
Mar 2016
So Class C got Zero, but wasn't a total loss since his Class get to be paid points until graduation, Class B is still in 2nd and Class D wins, so if I'm right here, Class A were the total loser , since they get to pay Class C points even thought they didn't win. So Ayanokouji's isn't want we think , he is actually as Cold as the any of the central figure in the school.......
Sep 27, 2017 12:08 PM

Sep 2014
Ayanokoji is such a savage. Having a cute girl expressing her gratitude and he just basically tells her to fuck off. I thought there was going to be a fight scene in this episode though, oh well. Heres to hoping there will be a second season. 8/10
Sep 27, 2017 12:09 PM

Apr 2012
Kittens-kun said:
Vicious said:

You're overreacting.

unfortunately i'm not

it's quite rare i give something that i've finished a 1

Sep 27, 2017 12:15 PM

Jan 2015
Ayanokouji's monologe was totally badass!!! I have hopes for 2nd season.
Sep 27, 2017 12:16 PM

Aug 2008
Started promising, turned out below mediocre and the last scene has shown that it could be a pretty interesting series if it wasn't a piece of shit adaptation. If it wasn't just a bait Ayanokouji could be a decent anihero. Probably rather simple since most LN writers are average writers at best but at least it could be a breath of fresh air among all these shitty bland and ballsless "male" leads infesting anime for years already. Seriously, anime is trash if it can't even work as LN adaptation.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Sep 27, 2017 12:19 PM
Jul 2018
Ayanokoji at the end of this episode... I can't say I'm surprised but wow. He manipulated everyone.

Chdata said:
I loved it when Horikita's generic tsundere got drowned out by Ayanokoji's utter apathy towards others.

This'll forever be one of the most interesting moments I've experienced in anime history.

Yes, that was well done.
Sep 27, 2017 12:20 PM
Jun 2017
I enjoyed this. This was a great ending a little bit slow paced bit still great. Everything became clear. But I want to see more of Ayanokoji-kun so a 2nd season or a movie wouldn't be bad. I would give this a score of 8/10~9/10 all for Ayanokojis badass personality.

His last line truly shows who he is as a person.
Sep 27, 2017 12:21 PM
Sep 2017
So they teased us on the fighting ability of Ayonokoji way back in Ep 1, and procede to not give us any fight scenes thereafter. Why :(

9/10, would be 10/10 if they had just given us at least 1 fight scene.
Sep 27, 2017 12:21 PM

Sep 2015
I don't think this anime will ever get an ending and I still like Aya-kun. That ending with him reminded me of myself.
Sep 27, 2017 12:23 PM

Jun 2017
I haven't read the novels but plan to read them once my Japanese is on a level where I can actually do things with it lol.

To be honest, I liked this show and I'd gladly watch another season of the adventures of evil genius Hachiman. Poor Suzune tho, that burn was real.

So the one that wants Kiyotaka expelled is actually his dad who I assume probably works at that research facility or is the boss of it.

Kushida seems to be foreshadowing something so I expect a backstabbing from her at one point.
Sep 27, 2017 12:25 PM

Nov 2016
wes16785 said:
FMmatron said:
Interesting concept terribly executed, one of the worst shows this season.
Really the worst anime of the season..... there are countless other ones that are worse than this! Even if you don't like this anime to call it the "worst anime of the season" is going way too far

Sry,not for me,while it had some interesting approaches at the beginning it dropped those in order to flash the audience with unexpected/hidden character traits or make us curious about their background. Unfortunately that didn't work for me,cause first, it was a cheap way to create some tension and second, I'm not interested in bland characters whose only remerkable quality is that they have a hidden side which contrasts with their usual outer appearance. It got worse when the show drifted further away from the course and showed two fanservice episodes in a row.Then we entered the last arc and I got my hopes up for a panty thief xD and the last part with Ayanokoujis monologue was the final nail in the coffin, it's beyond me how people can clarify this as badass lmao ...I'm not stretching it, when I say that I had a hard time finishing this anime and I also didn't say it's the worst show, but only one of the worst, then despite being bad there were shows which made drop them this season. And also dat smartphone cancer...

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 27, 2017 12:39 PM

Dec 2014
Well that was a surprising monologue by Ayanokouji there at the end. Faces of Class A and C leaders were satisfying; so much for their respective keikakus.

Overall there were more entertaining episodes than the lesser ones, and I've found that my enjoyment is directly proportional to the amount of screentime Ayanokouji gets being badass. Outside of our MC, the rest of the cast are one-note walking tropes who I don't really care for but want to see dominated by MC. Some episodes were just pandering/pointless, and the series doesn't know how to pace itself given how sluggishly slow it can be (really, a whole episode devoted to panty thief). Although the premise about the school and its hierarchical system is pretty cool that leaves a lot of room for exploration, the show decided to say "fuck it" and focused on side characters who don't really change at all or only simply get chummy with the MC if same-age female despite the amount of time they get.

I've always found the purple tint on the top of the characters' eyes a little distracting, but whatever.

6/10 I'd watch the second season anyway if there's ever gonna be one.
spicychileSep 27, 2017 12:44 PM
I need sleep.
Sep 27, 2017 12:54 PM
Jul 2017
Vicious said:

How could this be worst ??
This anime was above average.
I am LN reader,I can say it was better then other animes in 2017.
Sep 27, 2017 12:57 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The execution and characterization didnt live up to the promise of the premise. Could have been handled much better.

I do confess I am curious about how nasty our MC gets to be further on in the novels though.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 27, 2017 12:59 PM

Jan 2014
Ayanokoji made this show amazing

8/10
Sep 27, 2017 1:03 PM
May 2011
YOU NEED A GOOD REASON TO CHANGE YOUR LEADER.

THERE ARE LITERALLY LOADS OF PEOPLE DROPPING OUT OF THE ISLAND BUT AYANOKOJI HAD TO GET HORIKITA SICK AND BEATEN UP JUST SO HE CAN CHANGE THE LEADER TO HIMSELF...

couldn't they just said hey shes sick like everyone else and then just change the leader.... like fuck why does this show act like its some super smart type bullshit but then have the most predictable of scenarios....

Day fucking one EVERYONE in this page knew ibuki was a spy but it still seemed like class d folks where genuinly surprised by that fact...

I can't bro... i just can't
the only thing worse than dumb anime is pseudo intellectual anime that tries to act like its the next code geass death note liar game kaiji no game no life but the writing is basic as fuck detective conan would sneeze through this plot.

Fuck this show and hope it never gets another season. The light novel is only translated to volume 2 (HA FUCKERS THAT MOST LIKELY MEANS THAT YOU WILL NEVER GET THE FULL STORY UNLESS YOU CAN READ JAPANESE OR CHINESE) AKA another light novel adaptation that acts as a glorified commercial to read the light novel unless your here in the west cuz fuck you translations will most likely end a couple pages past where the anime ends :D :D :D jebaited piece of shit show.
Sep 27, 2017 1:11 PM
May 2011
Mehwish_Zain said:
Vicious said:

How could this be worst ??
This anime was above average.
I am LN reader,I can say it was better then other animes in 2017.

The problem is that we was expecting a normal dude with a twisted mindset like hachiman who acknowledges his own flaws... instead we got 50% jesus-kun that literally didn't do anything in the last 4 episodes of the anime only to get last 10 minutes flashbacks telling us how much of a tactical god he is despite most of his methods being extremely convoluted and dumb (horikita having to take a shower in the waterfalls right after showing us a scene of a fucking shower being purchased.... horikita having to be legitimately sick despite the blonde guy and just about the entire class C simply saying they are sick and going back to the ship)

This show was ass and the philosophical quotes at the beginning of each episode didn't help much as we were constantly bombarded by the retardation of just about every single character in class D. Not to mention that just about every character were so painstakingly one dimensional that i could literally describe each character with one word and would be able to have 90% of their personality already down.
Sep 27, 2017 1:13 PM
Jun 2017

Is this the best final 30 seconds of an anime?
this alone made me want season 2
animeisbad4realOct 2, 2017 11:46 AM
Sep 27, 2017 1:22 PM
Feb 2017
"Winning is everything"? Akashi Seijuro much?
Sep 27, 2017 1:22 PM

Jul 2015
Ayanokoji would make an awesome Antagonist :O Awesome reveal!
Sep 27, 2017 1:28 PM

Sep 2017
As it is right now, the anime is barely a 5. Most characters are forgettable and those who aren't need A LOT more development. If this gets a season 2 it might change, but right now I think it would be better to just read the LN.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

234 by XokoKnight »»
Apr 15, 5:32 AM

» Why that dramatic tho

kingsley_017 - Apr 14

2 by Theo1899 »»
Apr 14, 3:58 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

208 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 10, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

168 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 7, 3:16 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2017

170 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 7, 2:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.