Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 27, 2017 9:56 PM

Nov 2011
Its a shame that the anime got butchered got so hard, it almost nothing like the novel. Horikita was nowhere near important in the novel and yet she got too many screentime.

Sep 27, 2017 10:00 PM

Mar 2016
I liked this series.. the ending was just an ending of this arc... I'm not sure if I should go on and read the light novels...

I would watch a season two... hopefully they would pace it faster as well
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2017 10:06 PM

Dec 2011
Sorvarin said:
Oh wow he is a psychopath, totally didn't see it coming lmao. but if he wants to win why is he ok with being in class D? this show is nothing but loose ends

Winning doesn't mean that he need to be in class A. It depends on the situation and your goal. The one who see going to class A as a win is Horikita, Ayakonouji just wants freedom, away from his dad. So as long as he can be free he will do anything that get in his way and win over those situation
Sep 27, 2017 10:27 PM

Sep 2016
I wont lie some parts of the episode surprised me didn't expect some of the things which happened to go down the way it did, the breakdown of how class D won was done really well i liked the explanation on everything leading to it, also this man Ayanokoji is a damn savage give no fucks about anyone his character is ambiguous i like that about him and ahh S2 where ya at if not i might succumb to the LN PS. all in all this was a fun anime to watch and man the studio really did amazing on those fight scenes if they had more oowee my heart (i wanna see the class C purple haired chick put in work)
Facta Non Verba
Sep 27, 2017 10:34 PM

Mar 2016
I enjoyed the breakdown of everything and how Ayanokoji turned out to be a total savage! but the anime overall was pretty flat 6/10
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Sep 27, 2017 11:06 PM

Jan 2016
Amzing could have bben better
ONe of the best mc
Ending monologue is the best
wating for s2
or should i read tthe LN ?
Sep 27, 2017 11:08 PM

Jul 2017
Kouenji is the best character of this show.
CHAD Kouenji>Virgin Ayanokoji
Sep 27, 2017 11:12 PM
Jul 2018
Nobody wins, but I!
Sep 27, 2017 11:22 PM

Jul 2017
NO ENDING MUSIC!?

worst anime of the season!
Sep 27, 2017 11:37 PM

Jan 2017
That was a nice finale for the season. It was enough to bump my score from an 8 to a 9. I hope we get a season 2 some day!
Sep 27, 2017 11:51 PM

Jun 2013
It had a really strong start, but once it got to the end, it was kinda lacking with what it started with, nevertheless a good anime

Wouldn’t mind a season 2
Sep 28, 2017 12:25 AM

Jul 2017
7/10

class D is tools for ayanokouji make all student become slave for him , but that teacher know about true personallity of mc??
worth for season 2
Sep 28, 2017 12:47 AM
Oct 2015
Is there anyone notice the change of Sudo's T-shirt? In last episode? When everyone of class D mad to Koenji after the test :D so ridiculous, how a good concept anime fall because of terrible execution..
I give 7 for this anime.. The reason? Good art and Ayanokoji's real nature
TheJubiyanSep 28, 2017 12:50 AM
Sep 28, 2017 1:40 AM
Apr 2017
This show is simply stuxxx, even using it to waste time made me rage...
Sep 28, 2017 2:03 AM

Feb 2013
At last, the final episode. Nothing happen as much as I already know the outcome of the ending of the Island test arc. Fufu..they've even didn't realized that they already have becomes the pawns of Ayanokoji and stepping stone for him as to climb up to the top. CONGRATULATIONS C-CLASS

BtW, I taking back of my own opinion as I said before where the anime is slightly better than novel version. Why I changed my opinion, it because of Horikita's. There was a lot of Horikita scenes in anime when there was another characters that should have the scenes. The anime producer should not favor any characters too much, when you doing that you would disrespect and betrays the novel reader who devotedly to the series. Now I know the reason why the novel readers so pissed off with the anime adaptation. So that's why I don't think there will be another season for the series in near future.
Sep 28, 2017 2:18 AM
Sep 2014
The big turnaround just like that?
Get sick, retire, change leader on the last minute, profit.
So, basically you can pretend to be sick and change the leader?
Epic plannnnn

3/10

the initial concept is good but poorly executed.
Sep 28, 2017 2:23 AM

Nov 2016
It wasn't bad, but it definitely needs a second season to be completed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2017 2:52 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Wonderful finale to a fairly good series!
Ayanokoji's monologue there at the end sure was mind-boggling and fascinating and hence the better finale to end things off. Seriously, didn't see this coming at all. I kind of suspected that Ayanokoji was going to make Class D the winner somehow but I didn't anticipate for such a devious and mastermind plan to turn things around at the very last moment in such a captivating fashion. Definitely Ayanokoji is my favorite character of the show and he's someone like the more devious Hachiman, which I personally loved to witness. Sad to see Horikita also falling for him now, as it's fairly obvious by now that Ayanokoji is least bit interested in starting a relationship with either of the girls who are head over heels for him.
Overall, a good series with a great introduction and resolution but with a relatively poor proceedings in the middle-part. Hopefully, there'll be a second season in the making in the near future.
5/5 to this episode and a well-deserved 7/10 to the series. Here's hoping for a Second Season...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 28, 2017 2:59 AM

Jan 2016
OMG that last monologue. "WINNING IS EVERYTHING"

Ayanokouji So Fucking badass. Its nice to see Sakayanagi plan too.

We need S2 pls. :))

Nah the LN sales is not bad right? I will waiting.... lol
Sep 28, 2017 3:00 AM
Oct 2015
Gotta love these anti-hero protagonists.
Heckle was here...
Sep 28, 2017 3:05 AM
Jan 2017
what if his past was related to the school? maybe when he was young he might be in a course for the school, if the course was successful there would be the school. he might be told to9 be in class D yet I think he might be a spy to get information for his dad. it could be a programme from rhe government. his dad could be a govermental figure
? when he meant everyone only wins there might be a chance there could be a ranking list when they graduate??? this

doesn't make any sense but that is what I think that was his past
Sep 28, 2017 3:19 AM

Sep 2013
Would of liked it more if Horikita was more competent. I mean seriously, anyone should've realised the best plan after getting your ID Card stolen would be to drop out.
Welp, hopefully it'll come later on.

Felt bad for Horikita going all tsun mode during Ayanokoji's monologue.
Sep 28, 2017 3:44 AM

May 2009
The last episode saved the anime's butt a bit. The story of Anakoyi(whateverhisnamewas) is the most interesting part and what the school system can offer for a nice story. The pace was nice.

Everything else was.. stupid. Most arcs were boring to follow even tho some of the end results were okay. I believe they could've done way better with 12 episodes, apart from the fact that it is not enough to explain everything.

Will I read the light novel? Nah probably not. I don't like Light novels all that much.
A second season with more excitement would be better in my opinion.

6/10
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Sep 28, 2017 4:04 AM
Jul 2017
"but Horikita, I have never once thought of you as an ally. Not you. Not Kushida. Not Hirata. All people are nothing but tools. It doesnt matter how it's done. It doesnt matter what needs to be sacrificed. In this world, winning is everything. As long as I win in the end. That's all that matters" Ayanokoji Kiyokat aka the best MC ever
Sep 28, 2017 4:09 AM

Feb 2016
I'm just gonna leave this here. Don't know where to upload so that it'll be in HD though.............. I used Twitter..

End Card:

YouTubeWeird Videos
Anime Edits
PixivSheetHost

"Salvation is a thin thread dangling from heaven."
- Mary ~ Death Mark

Sep 28, 2017 5:01 AM

Apr 2015
Definitely needs a season 2

So the flashback in the previous episode was definitely a foreshadowing of what he`ll do to his own class...

Ayanokoji just got more interesting. It`s rare to have a smart, cunning , and manipulative MC.
8/10
Sep 28, 2017 5:09 AM

Mar 2010
now I know that Ayanokoji is an antihero, I thought he wanted to change but it seems not. now it makes sense that he didn't flinch from Kushida's threat, he is like Light Yagami with the only difference being that we don't get to hear much of his internal monologue. hope he get the same fate.
well I will give it 8/10.
Sep 28, 2017 5:18 AM
Jun 2016
Yay the show is back to form! Too bad its the finale. Well it was a good one. I want more!! Surprising conclusion lol, so Horikita was actually the most legit person out of her classmates and shows her true personality compared to most of her peers lol. Ayanokouji starting to climb that ladder!
Sep 28, 2017 6:05 AM

Sep 2014
And yeah after a quick read of the entire volume 4-6 Summary.
This adaptation is a disappointment.
But oh well, I really love the final monologue of MC-kun near the end
Edit: I mean a quick read of the entire volume 1-6 summary.
Xtrm124Sep 28, 2017 6:10 AM
Sep 28, 2017 6:37 AM

Mar 2013
Uh I have a very mixed feeling about this anime.
Judging the plot and title initially, I thought it was a mixture of Baka Test and Oregairu elements, but unfortunately, it turned out to be an underwhelming piece of work.

Make no mistake. The progression and story was nothing to be hyped about and mediocre as it can get, but even then, why it still pulls you in itself is coz of the cast and critical undertone which was complimented well by the soundtrack and its atmosphere. Heck, 97% of the show was only enjoyable coz of the mystery shrouding over MC. If it weren't for that, I doubt I'd have even looked forward to it lol.

And oh, I love his eyes~
Leave it to Lerche to deliver a terrifying expression, just like that of the cast from AssClass XD

7/10
Sep 28, 2017 6:39 AM
Sep 2017
Damn ayanakouji destroyed them all.....class C & A we're shocked to find Class D at the top of this test especially Class C's leader he tried to pull one on them but Ayanakouji figured it all out and took advantage of their plan and made class D emerged to the top.
What's more interesting is that he finally reveal his dark side when he said to himself in his mind “But Horikita, I've never once thought of you as an ally. Not you,not kushida .Not hirata. All people are nothing but tools. It doesn't matter how it's done. It doesn't matter what needs to be sacrificed, in this world winning is everything. As long as I win in the end... That's all that matters"
This ending gave me chills The mc is cold hearted,badass and manipulating people from behind the shadows.
Now this one of my favourite mc a protagonist
I'd rate this show a 9/10...but for the Mc a 10/10 for Ayanakoji Kiyotaka.. Hehe
Sep 28, 2017 6:42 AM
Sep 2017
Damn i already like ayanokoji but after that monologue that he has no ally's and all that matter is that he wins makes me love him even more 10/10 cause of ayano but 8.8\ 10 cause the story did not clear much .
Sep 28, 2017 8:55 AM
Apr 2017
So the gist I got out of Ayanokoji is that he intentionally tanked his entrance exam in order to be put in the shittiest class so he could systematically work his way up to the top class..... for his own amusement. Just to see if he could.

......nice.
Sep 28, 2017 8:59 AM

May 2011
Read some of the LN, can't say i'm happy with the adaptation but considering the nature of how LN adaptations are just something that the anime industry does to milk more money out of the fans with the BD sales and also related merchandises i guess this is much expected.

I have no idea why they decided to make it horikita centered, i don't even think her merchandises are going to sale at all, i'd rather buy a sakura plushie instead :/ The adaptation butchered much of the character developments of other female characters and also didn't focus more on ayanokouji's point of view until the very final moment.

8/10 for me, as bad as it is it's still better than alot of other adaptation out there, hopefully they;re not going to make the same mistake again if they intend to adapt a 2nd season

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 28, 2017 9:47 AM

Feb 2009
Interesting ending. 8/10 for me.
Sep 28, 2017 10:03 AM

May 2012
Good ending

I hope we get 2nd season
Sep 28, 2017 10:18 AM

Aug 2014
bruh mc is a total savage. I want a season 2 sooooo bad. TOP 3 THIS SEASON
Sep 28, 2017 10:19 AM

Nov 2014
Arashi_Rogue said:
bruh mc is a total savage. I want a season 2 sooooo bad. TOP 3 THIS SEASON

Sure dude ..
Ayanokouji MC of the season XD
I really like how he behave in any situation, beside that i like the "dark" and "mystery" presence in this series including the darkside of every character in it

We can see that every person at every class have a spesific purpose at this school, and the "mystery" itself that really triggered me, The idea of using philosophy in elaborating every each episode is great too. and of course that blush at the end lol (ayanokouji x horikita shippers XD)

in the end for me this series is really awesome 10/10, highly deserved second season ( i want to know the continuity too, beside reading the novel)

"All people are nothing but tools. It doesn't matter how its done. It doesn't matter what needs to be sacrificed. In this world, winning is everything. As long as I win in the end...That's all that matters."(kiyotaka ayanokouji)

Sep 28, 2017 10:20 AM

Aug 2014
dragonshade said:
LMAO. the real winner is Kouenji, all he did was play in the jungle and retire when he's bored and get a free win.

youre dammmmm right lol
Sep 28, 2017 10:23 AM

Nov 2014
Arashi_Rogue said:
dragonshade said:
LMAO. the real winner is Kouenji, all he did was play in the jungle and retire when he's bored and get a free win.

youre dammmmm right lol

LOOL, the true MVP
Sep 28, 2017 10:29 AM

Apr 2013
Meh episode for a meh series. That last second reveal of MCs true thoughts was the most interesting part of this whole arc. Except, if winning is everything to him, then why does he intentionally only do mediocre on his school exams. It's not hard to believe that he doesn't care about anybody, but only sees them as tools though. He's so emotionless all the time, that it actually makes it believable. 5/10
curzon17Sep 28, 2017 10:39 AM
Sep 28, 2017 10:38 AM
Aug 2016
i really like the mc personality he is really bold since litte boy. looking forward for the next season. hopefully
Sep 28, 2017 11:23 AM

Dec 2015
GIMME SEASON TWO!!!
Sep 28, 2017 11:29 AM

Sep 2012
this is why i said that people to see the badass ayanokoji, without him, people would leave this show already
Sep 28, 2017 1:58 PM

Jan 2008
Wow, this is why shows that build up for a major event to happen in the future that won't be adapted are bad. Like nothing of value even happened this entire show, nothing but foreshadowing and build up to something we don't even have. No answers and only more questions.
Sep 28, 2017 2:43 PM
Jun 2017
I really enjoyed this Anime, and Ayanokoji is within my top 5 male protagonists with Shiba Tatsuya .
I really enjoy these characters that are not extreme perverts , dumb , dense , losers and what not , how they are nowadays mostly pictured in Anime.

The ending Episode was not bad, but also not good in my opinion . The way he won showed that he alone is Superior to all other classes, which was really cool, but im dissapointed that they didnt show more of his past and who he really is , it feels still like a mistery even tho we can all guess hes somthing like a lab experiment which was breed for a unknow purpose. (just an assumption tho)

And while at first it seemed like Ayanokoji just didnt care about other ppl or life to much , it now seems more of that he dislikes humans with what he said at the ending .

Generally a good anime , which many leftover questions i hope get answered sooner or later in a 2nd season or OVA
Sep 28, 2017 2:56 PM

Jul 2015
Lelouch0202 said:
Pretty good finale.

I suspect Ayanakoji would change himself to be the leader by using Suzune's illness as a reason. He sure played all the other classes.

Congratulations to class D for winning.
Wonder if Ichinose will join D class, I would love that. xD

Suzune all tsundere at the end was adorable. <3
Ayanakoji's thoughts were harsh and the Wings of Icarus metaphor seems ominous, till the end I never could figure out Ayanakoji and what he wanted.

Overall, a very good series with interesting and two faced characters. I enjoyed it all the way. I really don't have much to say about this surprisingly. I'd love a second season though.
8/10, Ichinose and Suzune for best girl. xD
You have summed up my thoughts very well. I always enjoy reading your posts on these anime discussion pages lol.

I really want to know what Ayanokoji is thinking. If all that matters is the fact that he "wins" then what is that he wants to win at? Hmm.. well I'm a bit sad at the fact that I can't read the source material, bc the translation groups r just super slow and have only covered about a 3rd of what the anime shows... welppp

caught in the wonder
Sep 28, 2017 3:36 PM

Dec 2009
I need a season 2 now!

Sep 28, 2017 3:49 PM

Apr 2016
What a nice ending nothing surprising but yeah it's great overall series and i'm starting to like Ayanokoji now, I want to know more about his past. I'm sure there will be season 2

9/10
Why do we have to live in such a cruel world?

Sep 28, 2017 3:53 PM

Jan 2014
Damn. That Suzune and Ayanokoji ending. Havent read the LN so i wouldnt know the source material but the anime itself is interesting enough for me. These last 2 episodes focus more on Suzune.

The whammy ending monologue by Ayanakoji tho. Didnt expect that apathetic disposition.

Too bad some characters were kinda left out. I was interested to the Class A leader who was left behind.

Kinda surprised that some gave a low score. Its not perfect but it has an interesting plot, solid BGM, and Colorful animation.

I need more Inner Kushida! and Bashful Airi!

Where did the anime end in the LN?

Season 2 please! :D
Insert Signature Here
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

234 by XokoKnight »»
Apr 15, 5:32 AM

» Why that dramatic tho

kingsley_017 - Apr 14

2 by Theo1899 »»
Apr 14, 3:58 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

208 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 10, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

168 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 7, 3:16 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2017

170 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 7, 2:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.