Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kemono Friends
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 27, 2017 3:31 AM

Jun 2012
After removal of Tatsuki (Kemono Friends director) rest of staff resigned, not agreeing with that decision. Apparently, he was fired for making episodde 12.1 without Kadokawa permission.

At this point, future look very bleak for Kemono Friends, even if S2 will be made with different director and staff, people are really angry, regarding of S2 quality, sales of merch will plummet.
kamil88Oct 3, 2017 11:15 AM
Sep 27, 2017 3:41 AM

Nov 2011
Considering how many fans canceled their pre-order when the Classroom of Elite was butchered by their anime studio. I think we can expect even greater backlash from this one.

Sep 27, 2017 3:48 AM
May 2016
kamil88 said:
Afer removal of Tatsuki (Kemono Friends director) rest of staff resigned, not agreeing with that decision. Apparently, he was fired for making episodde 12.1 without Kadokawa permission.

Actually the studio pulled out in August, before Tatsuki was even fired. Kadokawa released their statement yesterday. They wanted to be kept in the loop about the anime studio's use of the property but the studio didn't agree to that. The "use of property" most likely refers to episode 12.1 but they didn't actually give details.

This is Kadokawa's official position at least. Nobody knows what exactly went down in the background and I think we may never know...
Drun_KenSep 27, 2017 3:59 AM
Sep 27, 2017 6:06 AM
Nov 2008
Nobody wants to touch Kemono Friends after such shitstorm. And every party involved have take big risk if they want continue the project. If they think S2's benefit wouldn't equal with the risk then it pretty much dead, they already got their money afterall
Sep 27, 2017 12:46 PM
May 2013
since pretty much everyone who cares in japan knows about this scandal and will refuse to support it without Tatsuki and his staff, i think it would be a bad business decision to continue with season 2. so unless the original staff returns, yes, i think it's dead in the water.
Sep 27, 2017 12:52 PM

Apr 2016
It was dead in the west even before it was alive so...
Sep 27, 2017 6:22 PM

Apr 2015
I'm afraid Kemono Friends is dead. Only Pingu in the City can save the industry now.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Sep 29, 2017 7:40 AM

Oct 2011
I think it will be fine - for now there is big backlash and no one would put anything related to it. But looking at things it does seem to settle a bit and people are less passionate about it (no new info in general).

So all that Kadokawa needs to do is wait for a month or two, put some shows or music related stuff (since people still like voice actors) and than they can slowly accelerate with the project.

They also have one more option - otaku won't watch and buy stuff... but kids would. So making them new target group, might be rather easy - get a morning slot, print plushies and money will flow.
Dalek-bakaSep 29, 2017 7:48 AM
Sep 29, 2017 9:50 AM

Jun 2014
Drun_Ken said:

Actually the studio pulled out in August, before Tatsuki was even fired. Kadokawa released their statement yesterday. They wanted to be kept in the loop about the anime studio's use of the property but the studio didn't agree to that. The "use of property" most likely refers to episode 12.1 but they didn't actually give details.

This is Kadokawa's official position at least. Nobody knows what exactly went down in the background and I think we may never know...

Lies obviously. the timeline doesn't added up. the studio made lots of collaboration commercial of Kemono Friends between episode 12.1 and the announcement.
It's clearly just an excuse.

first they tried to put some voice actors to the front line and made them apologize for this shit on a radio show.
then they even tried to put Mine Yoshizaki, the one came up with the idea of Kemono Friends and the character designs (AKA the author of Keroro Gunso) with this shitty "news": http://www.excite.co.jp/News/entertainment_g/20170928/DailyNews_1359354.html
Claim that firing Tatsuki is Yoshizaki's call.

Again lies, so much so it pissed of Satou Junichim, the head director of Keroro Gunso:

he jumped out and said that this is bullshit, he said from his own experience just how much Mine Yoshizaki respect the director of an adaptation of his work, that he would never do something like this.

This is reinforced by Asako Nishida, the animation director of Keroro Gunso.

I hope you can see just how shady Kadokawa is now.
garyborkenSep 29, 2017 9:54 AM
Sep 29, 2017 10:08 AM

Oct 2011
garyborken said:
then they even tried to put Mine Yoshizaki, the one came up with the idea of Kemono Friends and the character designs (AKA the author of Keroro Gunso) with this shitty "news": http://www.excite.co.jp/News/entertainment_g/20170928/DailyNews_1359354.html
Claim that firing Tatsuki is Yoshizaki's call.
This one sounds like BS - I mean Kadokawa is dumb but come on.

I've read some people claiming that it's just some page making stuff up to gain clicks by joining anti-Kadokawa rage, which makes sense to me.
Sep 29, 2017 10:27 AM

Jun 2014
Dalek-baka said:
This one sounds like BS - I mean Kadokawa is dumb but come on.

I've read some people claiming that it's just some page making stuff up to gain clicks by joining anti-Kadokawa rage, which makes sense to me.

I can not convince you to believe me,
but Excite is not really a small site in Japan... don't you think making up fake shit like this without any backing would be even more stupid for them don't you think?
Sep 29, 2017 12:14 PM

Oct 2011
garyborken said:
I can not convince you to believe me,
but Excite is not really a small site in Japan... don't you think making up fake shit like this without any backing would be even more stupid for them don't you think?
I'm just seeing that we are slowly reaching conspiracy theory level of thinking, which won't help anyone.
But in this case - what would Kadokawa gain? They might piss one of their more popular author, for weird publicity stunt. Guy who they need if they are planing to do something with the series.
What would some clickbait writer gain? Clicks, revenue and more popularity. Most people would believe him/her because earlier Kadokawa did something moronic with VA (I really have no idea what cretin thought it was a good thing to do, given how liked they are).

So yeah... but than it might just be me being past point of anger or being sad. I did what I could (like writing on that ministry thingy) and now I'm just a bit tired.
I would love for Tatsuki to return and see more of that dumb cat adventures but given how industry works, I've accepted that someone else might take it.
Sep 29, 2017 8:46 PM

Feb 2015
And to read that this scandal united the fans from Japan, Korea, China, and Taiwan to show support to Tatsuki and Yaoyorozu is quite amazing.

Unless things gets miraculously resolved as a win-win for both parties, there's not much chance for Kemono Friends again.

Man, what a fucking clusterfuck this has been.
Oct 3, 2017 8:45 AM

Jun 2014
Something just came out today,
Inoue Shinichiro (President and CEO of Kadokawa Production and Kadokawa Shoten) and Fukuhara Yoshitada (Producer of Kemono Friends and the President of Yaoyorozu, the small company that Tatsuki and his even smaller studio belongs to.) both tweeted about this, and said the two companies are going to have some discussion.

So, hope?
Inoue Shinichiro's tweet
https://twitter.com/HP0128/status/915071890648993792

Fukuhara Yoshitada's tweet
https://twitter.com/fukuhara_ystd/status/915074525783453696
garyborkenOct 3, 2017 8:49 AM
Oct 3, 2017 9:15 AM

Oct 2011
garyborken said:
Something just came out today,
Inoue Shinichiro (President and CEO of Kadokawa Production and Kadokawa Shoten) and Fukuhara Yoshitada (Producer of Kemono Friends and the President of Yaoyorozu, the small company that Tatsuki and his even smaller studio belongs to.) both tweeted about this, and said the two companies are going to have some discussion.

So, hope?
Inoue Shinichiro's tweet
https://twitter.com/HP0128/status/915071890648993792

Fukuhara Yoshitada's tweet
https://twitter.com/fukuhara_ystd/status/915074525783453696
And said discussion might end with "due to irrevocable differences Yaoyorozu decided to leave".

But somehow I'm hopeful - president was "worried" about this development (read: heads will roll) and now they brought CEO to deal with it. They already had two meetings, so some dialog has been made.
Plus fact that such statement were made - so far Kadokawa did fine job with radio silence (except that idiotic VA stunt) and there was no need to speak out, which makes me believe that they already found some solution and are working on details. Best ending would be bringing back Yaoyorozu but who knows.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kemono Friends Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aversa - Jan 10, 2017

82 by BlueCrowned »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:14 PM

Poll: » Kemono Friends Episode 3 Discussion

Aversa - Jan 24, 2017

39 by HatsuneYugi39 »»
Jul 24, 2022 3:16 PM

Poll: » Kemono Friends Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aversa - Mar 28, 2017

134 by Mat2468xk »»
May 21, 2022 5:35 AM

» Terrible first episode?

ShadowMonkey - Aug 23, 2018

3 by WatchTillTandava »»
May 12, 2022 1:04 AM

Poll: » Kemono Friends Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Smudy - Mar 21, 2017

80 by ouenji-juusu »»
Feb 22, 2022 12:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.