Forum Settings
Forums

anime with a cheery MC that loses emotions when he fights

New
Sep 26, 2017 10:54 AM

Jul 2014
Not necessarily losing emotions, but not really caring about anything other that bashing his opponent's phase. Maybe have both a trigger and someone/something to calm him down.

Best example is probably Tatsuya in Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, but he doesn't have much emotions to begin with.

Please little to no Ecchi
No shonen style where Foes become Friends and Friends become Foes. If so, give them an extremely good reason and/or time to change.

I love anime with badass face expressions (Toriko/Hunterxhunter) when the studio can bring their full potential out in the animation.

If there is another thread with similar theme, I'd love a link to it.

Thanks a lot.
Sep 27, 2017 8:36 AM

Jun 2014
closest I can think of is Claymore. Several characters go on a rampage. I don't think anyone is cheery though.
Sep 27, 2017 8:54 AM

Oct 2016
I don't necessarily know anyone who's cheery, but from what I understood you're looking for a MC who takes his fights seriously, and becomes emotionless?

That really sounds like:
-Drifters (MC is a joker, but he takes fighting seriously. In this case he's almost like Natsu from Fairy Tail and gets pumped during the fight, but he is gruesome and I love it, personally)
- Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin (Although it looks derpy on the cover, it's actually really interesting and I respect the MC. It's more war tactics, it's not that long but I think it's what you're looking for to a certain degree)
- Chrome Shelled Regios (He takes fights seriously. I'm only 7 eps in but it's good)
- Darker than Black (Emotionless MC. I love how wicked he is. But he does have emotions, just not towards normal things like friends etc)
- Hellsing Ultimate (DEFINITELY not cheery. But in case you want an emotionless beast, check it out)
- Jormungand (Ok, it's very much a thriller. Basically like Black Lagoon, but the MC is a PSYCHO. Although you're probably looking for a male MC, you should watch this. There is a male MC, who is emotionless, but the female MC acts cheery and turns into a heartless psycho when it comes to fights. I love it. Everyone in her crew has a screw loose)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2017 5:12 PM

Jul 2017
Sounds like Fate apocrypha or any of the fate series
-Bungou stray dogs
-Akame ga kill
-Boku no hero
Sep 27, 2017 5:37 PM
May 2017
Sounds a bit like Meliodas from the Seven Deadly Sins, it's a good watch, but a better read(as are most).

More topics from this board

» Looking for any recommendations really

TabonyBoy - Apr 16

13 by windyshadow »»
57 minutes ago

» I find it absolutely absurd I can’t find a manga with gay marriage legalized

isseixkoneko - 1 hour ago

0 by isseixkoneko »»
1 hour ago

» Recommend me an anime based on my favorites!

iamnottesslol - Apr 21

11 by windyshadow »»
5 hours ago

» Anime recommendations please

MeZaDefined - Yesterday

1 by Zarutaku »»
7 hours ago

» Anime that have all female guilds/clubs/groups/living places, etc

GakutoDeathGlare - Yesterday

6 by Zarutaku »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.