Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 28, 2017 7:35 AM

Feb 2011
>Tatsumakibros got to see the queen in all her glory in the hands of the sculptors of madhouse
>Fubu people will have to watch some deformed abomination completely off model made by some starved korean

Mod Edit: Removed baiting
NoLiferSoulOct 2, 2017 1:25 PM
Sep 28, 2017 3:39 PM
Jan 2012
I feel like people that are okay with this don't actually realize how much of a safe company JC Staff tries to be. Aside from a few exceptions in recent memory like Prison School, they try to play it TOO safe and never take risks. Most of their anime usually has quality that's TOO consistent, having either everything mediocre, to having everything above average at best. Nothing ever stands out, their only good adaptations are good because of the source material, it's never them doing the series justice.

I also really don't need to explain why people should be worried about a very good series being handed off to the studio that did Danmachi. OPM breaks away from the norm, yet it's given to a studio that tries to stay in everyone's safe zones. Even if people were wrong about JC Staff being a bad company, it's still not a good match. It's like SHAFT animating the third season of Attack on Titan. Just does not fit at all, SHAFT is a good studio, but their style and AoT's does not match.

If another studio can at least make it 80% as good as Madhouse's (or somehow, better), then I won't complain and I'll take back literally everything I said, but I just don't see it happening with JC Staff. Seriously people, they basically put a ton of money into Danmachi.
Sep 28, 2017 8:23 PM

Jun 2015
HodisfutR said:
Jamull2013 said:
I may be thinking too hard about this, but I'm pretty sure that OPM is one of Madhouse's biggest properties. They must of dropped it because they're working on something else. Next year is Hunter x Hunter's 20th anniversary. They did a couple of short run seasons for Hajime no Ippo.

Hunter x Hunter S2 confirmed? Maybe???....

Unless they push Togashi to make more chapters I highly doubt it.

theyre working Overlord S2
Sep 29, 2017 4:53 PM

Jan 2013
Well, I guess we can lower our expectations on great animated action scenes then unless they do give it the same dedication MadHouse staff did on S1. It's possible seeing some of JC Staff's stuff like S2 Railgun that comes to mind since I just read Index S3 is a possible go.
Sep 30, 2017 10:36 AM
Jun 2017
Just look at those 2 J.C Staff Epic Anime Animation Scenes:
https://68.media.tumblr.com/937d63dd3e5b415fec1a334ef0e37d4b/tumblr_oce1rav0Q61ve2rkko1_500.gif
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0uGk6BJcjA

You can't say they aren't extremely greatly animated man , I really hope they push it that way with OPM 2 in terms of the colors , sound effects and animations
They really need to give it their all just like in that series (or even more)
GodSaiyanBlade7Sep 30, 2017 11:16 AM
Sep 30, 2017 10:56 AM

Apr 2017
I like J.C Staff but i dunno what to think about this
Oct 2, 2017 9:09 AM

Sep 2017

For more information watch this video.

God the horror, it is like nightmare for me, I don’t have words to express myself.

what do you people think will happen to OPM? will it able to stay great or it will be next super.

Mod Edit: Embedded video
NoLiferSoulOct 2, 2017 1:38 PM
Just a random guy.
Oct 2, 2017 9:11 AM

Oct 2013
J.C. STAFF can easily pull it off.
Even if the animation won't be as good OPM isn't just nice animation and its shallow to just care for that imo

Mod Edit: Removed merge conflict
NoLiferSoulOct 2, 2017 1:37 PM
Oct 2, 2017 9:12 AM

Jul 2015
don't worry Opm will be the best romcom in 2018
they just need to add a tsundere to the cast
Oct 2, 2017 9:13 AM

Sep 2017
tragedydesu said:

Tatsumaki and fubuki are both tsundere/ himedere right? I wonder how that romcom goes.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Oct 2, 2017 9:15 AM

Oct 2013
nymi said:
tragedydesu said:
Tatsumaki and fubuki are both tsundere/ himedere right? I wonder how that romcom goes.
they don't act like that to a love interest to my knowledge so its more so they're just either snobs or assholes so to say
Oct 2, 2017 9:17 AM

May 2016
I just hope the discrepancy in style and animation is not too big.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Oct 2, 2017 9:17 AM

Feb 2016
I like J.C.Staff so it doesn't bother me. Hopefully the animation will be still good as in the first season.

I will not believe that everything is controlled by fate.

ll X ll
Oct 2, 2017 9:18 AM

Sep 2017
Deknijff said:
Even if the animation won't be as good OPM isn't just nice animation and its shallow to just care for that imo

it is not just about animation, there are other things which makes me worry like fight directions and OST, without madhouse things will never be same.

Mod Edit: Removed deleted part of quote
NoLiferSoulOct 2, 2017 1:39 PM
Just a random guy.
Oct 2, 2017 9:19 AM

Sep 2017
Deknijff said:
nymi said:
they don't act like that to a love interest to my knowledge so its more so they're just either snobs or assholes so to say

Tsunderes can be counted as assholes though and we all know their nature is backed up by love. Lol

--------

"Best girl never wins."

-tragedydesu
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Oct 2, 2017 9:21 AM

Oct 2013
superking_armaan said:
Deknijff said:
it is not just about animation, there are other things which makes me worry like fight directions and OST, without madhouse things will never be same.
to what I heard even if the Madhouse logo was on the show most of the people who worked on it was from Bones anyway so it switching studio shouldn't be a problem to you
but I did hear they changed key staff so feel free to worry about that instead
nymi said:
Deknijff said:
Tsunderes can be counted as assholes though and we all know their nature is backed up by love
yeah which is why I said they won't count as tsunderes because to my knowledge they aren't acting like that towards a love interest

NoLiferSoulOct 2, 2017 1:39 PM
Oct 2, 2017 9:26 AM

Apr 2017
tragedydesu said:

Currently by Rie Kugimiya gets switched on voicing Tatsumaki xD

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Oct 2, 2017 9:27 AM

Sep 2017
Deknijff said:
superking_armaan said:
to what I heard even if the Madhouse logo was on the show most of the people who worked on it was from Bones anyway so it switching studio shouldn't be a problem to you

i wonder why madehouse is abandoning their golden duck.

NoLiferSoulOct 2, 2017 1:40 PM
Just a random guy.
Oct 2, 2017 9:32 AM

Oct 2013
superking_armaan said:
Deknijff said:
i wonder why madehouse is abandoning their golden duck.
Because Madhouse doesn't know a good idea even if it hit them in the face
its to no surprise they went bankrupt in the past

NoLiferSoulOct 2, 2017 1:41 PM

Dec 2016
I love J.C STAFF so I think it will still be awesome although I don't know if the animation will be as good.

Jun 2015
Oh that's nice. A Madhouse fanboy.

JC is pretty decent, one week late and all that.

Mod Edit: Removed insult
NoLiferSoulOct 2, 2017 1:43 PM
Oct 2, 2017 9:47 AM

Apr 2017
J.C staff is a really good studio when it comes to animation , just look at their produced shows .. the animation is incredible with good animated fight scenes so there's nothing to fear

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Oct 2, 2017 9:47 AM

Sep 2017
Brb said:

not at all, only thing i hate is inconsistency.

NoLiferSoulOct 2, 2017 1:41 PM
Just a random guy.
Oct 2, 2017 9:48 AM

Feb 2016
They did Shokugeki so even if the style changes the quality might not be that bad.

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Oct 2, 2017 9:50 AM

Sep 2017
S-quare22 said:
J.C staff is a really good studio when it comes to animation , just look at their produced shows .. the animation is incredible with good animated fight scenes so there's nothing to fear

i hope that do such a good work that 99% people don't even notice a difference.
Just a random guy.
Oct 2, 2017 9:56 AM

Jun 2015
superking_armaan said:
Brb said:

superking_armaan said:

God the horror, it is like nightmare for me, I don’t have words to express myself.

what do you people think will happen to OPM? will it able to stay great or it will be next super.

>JC staff. Inconsistent.
Index
Soma
Kimi to Boku
Nodame
Kimi to Boku

>Fight scenes
Danmachi
ROD

Error 404. OP logic not found.

NoLiferSoulOct 2, 2017 1:42 PM
Oct 2, 2017 10:04 AM
Jul 2018
J.C. Staff > Madhouse

They discovered America too btw, if you did not catch up to that news yet either.
Oct 2, 2017 10:06 AM

Mar 2016
J.C.Staff does good work so don't try to trigger people.

Also did people really expected madhouse to make that sequel?
KnotImpOct 2, 2017 10:10 AM
Oct 2, 2017 10:07 AM

Feb 2016
Sure - horrible thing. Madhouse is overrated anyway.
Oct 2, 2017 10:12 AM

Sep 2017
Brb said:
superking_armaan said:

superking_armaan said:

>JC staff. Inconsistent.
Index
Soma
Kimi to Boku
Nodame
Kimi to Boku

>Fight scenes
Danmachi
ROD

Error 404. OP logic not found.

i am not telling that they are inconsistent or something, i am just saying i hope that they don't change the OPM too much (by change i mean different art style or ost)

NoLiferSoulOct 2, 2017 1:42 PM
Just a random guy.
Oct 2, 2017 10:15 AM

Apr 2016
J.C Staff are good imo but not good as Madhouse. Anyway J.C is mostly great at Rom-coms, since they're known to it.

Seeing Shakugan no Shana proves it, they're good when it comes to fight scenarios.
Why do we have to live in such a cruel world?

Oct 2, 2017 10:16 AM

May 2015
Not a big deal so whatever, not sure if I will even watch it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2017 10:16 AM

Feb 2016
superking_armaan said:

i am not telling that they are inconsistent or something, i am just saying i hope that they don't change the OPM too much (by change i mean different art style or ost)

Well if you can take a look at the staff - you can see character design & music is done by the same people as season one.
Oct 2, 2017 10:17 AM

Oct 2013
superking_armaan said:
am not telling that they are inconsistent or something, i am just saying i hope that they don't change the OPM too much (by change i mean different art style or ost)
I think it would be more important to keep the spirit of the characters the same

even if one changes the design it'll still be the same show in spirit then
Oct 2, 2017 10:20 AM

Sep 2017
cure_potato said:
superking_armaan said:

Well if you can take a look at the staff - you can see character design & music is done by the same people as season one.

now that is good news to me.

Deknijff said:
superking_armaan said:
am not telling that they are inconsistent or something, i am just saying i hope that they don't change the OPM too much (by change i mean different art style or ost)
I think it would be more important to keep the spirit of the characters the same

even if one changes the design it'll still be the same show in spirit then

yes, i agree.
Just a random guy.
Oct 2, 2017 1:44 PM

Apr 2014
Duplicate threads merged and cleaned
Swagernator said:
@NoLiferSoul did nothing wrong!

Ardanaz said:
@Nolifersoul did nothing wrong
Oct 3, 2017 6:31 AM
Oct 2017
Mohammadalmannai said:
I am still confused by the fact that Madhouse confirmed that they are working on this back in March :/ (I lost the source plz do not ask me for that lol).

Here's the source, that Madhouse isnt doing season 2

http://www.onepunchmanseason2.org/2017/09/update-on-one-punch-man-season-2.html

Oct 4, 2017 3:49 AM

Nov 2015
well we all know Madhouse doesn't make other seasons , so let's be happy that we are getting a second season
Oct 6, 2017 9:43 AM

Oct 2015
Nou-Tan said:
well we all know Madhouse doesn't make other seasons , so let's be happy that we are getting a second season

well madhouse will be doin 2nd season for overlord with the same staff, so probably depends on how much they like a certain project to willing to keep it for themself or smth like that
Oct 10, 2017 7:11 AM

Dec 2016
J.C. Staff is a good studio. no doubt about that.

But what worries me is the animation style that Natsume bought to S1. it was serious yet fun. Intense yet light hearted. dunno if the new director can produce that magic.

Here's to hoping that it turns out good *sigh*
Oct 10, 2017 7:20 AM

Jul 2017
Oh. I see.......

But been waiting for this.It has to turn out good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2017 10:54 PM
Mar 2017
Expectation : Omae wa mo shindeiru
Hype : NANI?
Oct 20, 2017 11:18 PM

Jan 2014
Lol RIP One Punch Man, your two seconds of fame went out.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 23, 2017 12:12 AM

Jan 2016
Oh, god. Please no!
Oct 26, 2017 9:33 PM
Jul 2018
I feel it could still look pretty darn good. J.C STAFF has some great looking stuff under their belt:

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka (crap story, but pretty good action)
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun / Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S (fantastic action)
Taboo Tattoo (FANTASTIC action scene work)

and their non-action animation can be pretty high quality too.

I have hope... for the animation at least. Have to hope the director sticks to the source material without too many changes... don't like his resume much.
Dec 16, 2017 4:42 AM
Jun 2017
No Jump Festa news?
Dec 18, 2017 12:14 AM

Aug 2015
JC Staff can sell more BD/DVD than flophouse,
OPM is a comedy IDK why ppl even talk about animation,

Sunrise would have been perfect for OPM, but then again everyone else is selling more BD/DVD than flophouse.
Dec 18, 2017 9:43 AM
May 2017
MeinKaiser said:

Sunrise would have been perfect for OPM, but then again everyone else is selling more BD/DVD than flophouse.

It's a comedy featuring heavy action. The whole world is serious except for the main character, that's why he's so funny.

Animation is so important because of the heavily detailed action that the manga does. If the anime looked worse than the manga, then why not just read the manga?
Dec 18, 2017 4:08 PM

Aug 2015
NoneNone said:
MeinKaiser said:

It's a comedy featuring heavy action. The whole world is serious except for the main character, that's why he's so funny.

Animation is so important because of the heavily detailed action that the manga does. If the anime looked worse than the manga, then why not just read the manga?

Only that the anime doesnt look better than the manga(murata version)
The original manga (One Version) is poorly drawn and yet ppl still like it over the murata version,

whatever you called it its still a comedy in the end, it doesn't need good animation to succeed look at Gintama,Mob 100% and Osamatsu
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

389 by THEBIGNOODLER »»
Apr 10, 2:30 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

200 by Craneface »»
Mar 28, 2:52 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - May 7, 2019

244 by scorpioniclibra »»
Mar 14, 3:26 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xShinigami3125 - Apr 23, 2019

367 by Dr_tardo »»
Feb 21, 6:24 PM

» Bro deadass nearly died

Mei-o_Scarlett - Jan 17

3 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
Jan 17, 3:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.