Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 11, 2010 3:45 PM

Oct 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode was brilliant in terms of Sakaki executing a most perfect plan! Now that's my boy! Not only did he free the girl that got kissed by Issei...GIF epic in simply how he smiles about that part in all...he knew it all about this girl=>
and created a riot among the Ookamis of the festival but also he killed Kasai with a nice stab!=>

Furthermore from the looks of the next episode he might activate the bombs!=>
For explanations
this series is going to get a 10 masterpiece! I am so happy that my boy Sakaki is getting his revenge! On the other hand seeing Isuzu well again was nice. Interesting enough Issei's girl can sense other people that are human from the Ookami through a soul search or looking inside the body for its essence?=>
Found this scene very nice! Anyone else?=>
May Issei's girl R.I.P. with Issei=>
......still hard to believe that such a nice girl became like this=>
I also think that it is good Hiroshi's father is figuring out that rhyme. Looks like we have out team from the OP and best is Isuzu is back! :D =>
Just a GIF of Sakaki being cool=>
Probably the best episode ever of how Sakaki is brilliant in plans other than the last episode.
francismeunierMar 12, 2010 6:47 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Mar 11, 2010 4:00 PM

Aug 2009
So whos the bad guy in this story? '-' I really feel for Sakaki.. He might seem like the antagonist, but he does have a good reason of what he is doing.
[right]

Mar 11, 2010 4:08 PM

Oct 2009
porkypink said:
So whos the bad guy in this story? '-' I really feel for Sakaki.. He might seem like the antagonist, but he does have a good reason of what he is doing.
Yeah he does exactly! Revenge for Mieko! Let the town burn muahahahhahha! It's going to go boom!
francismeunierMar 11, 2010 4:17 PM

Mar 12, 2010 10:59 AM

Jun 2009
I really did not especially like this episode...

Okay, if you pretend that the anime is a stand-alone project with no connection to the VN apart from names it works somehow...but in connection this episode did too much wrong.

The sanctuary above the ground? Hakurô Kanon walking around? People jumping like Spiderman and having powers like the Hulk? Sakaki walking into the Holding Cell Block of the hospital as if it was nothing...Half of the time I was slapping my forehead and asking myself if they even bothered to read the end of the story...

And Kasai being killed by a KNIFE was just sad...
His VN death is just...better...
Waiting for: God Eater (PSP)

私が、探偵だからよ。
Mar 12, 2010 6:51 PM
Feb 2010
WTF!

Secundary Character Killed! :(

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt288/francismeunier/number%20two/28ce1b46.jpg

The best :

* All the people with red eyes
* the crazy girl
* Hiro and girlfriend in problems
eduardomexMar 12, 2010 11:18 PM
Mar 12, 2010 10:03 PM

Oct 2009
seizonsha said:
The sanctuary above the ground?

Was it underfround ever in the VN....I heard more it was isolated but that's about it.
seizonsha said:
Hakurô Kanon walking around?

Why not? They displayed to the people her....half of them did not even know exactly who she was again.
seizonsha said:
People jumping like Spiderman and having powers like the Hulk?

Well that was done already with Issei anyways.....yeah that's wrong but at the same time it shows the powers they have in a way.
seizonsha said:
Sakaki walking into the Holding Cell Block of the hospital as if it was nothing...

Maybe no one was around enough to have them see him due to the festival.
seizonsha said:
And Kasai being killed by a KNIFE was just sad...
His VN death is just...better...
What was his VN death again...forgot. My friend.....there was no choice in this one! The girl lost it right here=>

Mar 13, 2010 2:33 AM
Jun 2008
Sakaki evil aura really stand out in this time.Is he actually good guy or bad guy??Hahah just wondering there a plot twister ....
Mar 13, 2010 4:19 AM

Jun 2009
francismeunier said:
Was it underfround ever in the VN....I heard more it was isolated but that's about it.

The Holy Ground is located behind a locked door and a long underground tunnel, in an underground chamber beneath the mountains of Jôga.
The locked door is located in the back of the shrine precincts. Many people see it, but are told some elaborate lies, like that it is just a toolshed, where the tools for the Matsuri are kept.

fracismeunier said:
Why not? They displayed to the people her....half of them did not even know exactly who she was again.

Hakurô Kanon stay in the Holy Ground for the rest of their lifes.

fracismeunier said:
Well that was done already with Issei anyways.....yeah that's wrong but at the same time it shows the powers they have in a way.

Well, the whole problem is, apart from higher strength when they are running amok (due to a higher shed of adrenaline) they don't have any special powers...
Most of their animalistic and inhuman features in the VN are described by a certainly very unstable Hiroshi. And it becomes inconstistent once Sakaki starts killing them...because you could ask 'Why didn't he notice? Or do something? He's got superpowers!'

francismeunier said:

That's as believable as there being no guards in prison on christmas eve...
It is a high security area, which is 2 stories underground, with heavily locked doors and in a hidden wing of the hospital, with a direct connection to the holy ground.
I don't think they would just take the guards off duty...

francismeunier said:
What was his VN death again...forgot.

私が、探偵だからよ。
Mar 13, 2010 6:47 AM

Oct 2009
seizonsha said:
francismeunier said:
Was it underground ever in the VN....I heard more it was isolated but that's about it.

The Holy Ground is located behind a locked door and a long underground tunnel, in an underground chamber beneath the mountains of Jôga.
The locked door is located in the back of the shrine precincts. Many people see it, but are told some elaborate lies, like that it is just a toolshed, where the tools for the Matsuri are kept.

Ok I see well it does look like in the underground from the preview and where Sakaki is with those green/red lights.
fracismeunier said:

seizonsha said:
Hakurô Kanon stay in the Holy Ground for the rest of their lifes.
Right, ok but that's what they did kind of.....I mean the Shrine, Hakurô Kanon being in clothing with a mask....it might not have been like in the VN but it was close to it...
fracismeunier said:

seizonsha said:
Well, the whole problem is, apart from higher strength when they are running amok (due to a higher shed of adrenaline) they don't have any special powers...
Most of their animalistic and inhuman features in the VN are described by a certainly very unstable Hiroshi. And it becomes inconstistent once Sakaki starts killing them...because you could ask 'Why didn't he notice? Or do something? He's got superpowers!'

Oh I see, well that certainly was over exaggerated then but most animes always seem to do that somehow.
francismeunier said:

seizonsha said:
That's as believable as there being no guards in prison on christmas eve...
It is a high security area, which is 2 stories underground, with heavily locked doors and in a hidden wing of the hospital, with a direct connection to the holy ground.
I don't think they would just take the guards off duty...

Maybe Sakaki got rid of them or at least made them KO to get in....all can be only assumed because none was shown other than him going inside and unlocking the padlock as seen in a made GIF of mine.
francismeunier said:
What was his VN death again...forgot.

seizonsha said:
Well that's too bad! If they did that it would show us things better but I guess they decided to do it differently I wonder if they will make the father commit the suicide instead or Nemuru on the Holy Grounds and animate Ookami-sama descending or Hakurô Kanon doing some miracle......I wonder now.....

Mar 13, 2010 7:32 AM

Jun 2007
Are we likely to find out how he made her rampage in these last two eps?
Mar 13, 2010 8:31 AM

Jun 2009
francismeunier said:
this series is going to get a 10 masterpiece! I am so happy that my boy Sakaki is getting his revenge!

Please tell me you are joking. Because at the moment I am thinking of giving this a 4 or a 3. I am getting Chaos head vibes here....though Chaos head had a good beginning while this didn't. Well I long lost hope of this getting any better. Any previous remarks that I said in the last discussions about giving this a chance I humbly take back.

Here we have Sakaki acting as a stereotypical villain. Hiroshi is nothing but a parrot that repeats whatever he is just told in question form.(Only Solid Snake can pull that off) The rest of the characters I don't care about.
There is not a hint of mystery here. Everything's just laid out right in front of you.
I really don't think that Ryukishi put his heart into this. Peach pit probably just asked him to give them a higurashi and that's what he did.

So unless something truly groundbreaking happens in the next two episodes I will consider this a absolute failure. I at least hope the VN was better though.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Mar 13, 2010 9:08 AM

Nov 2008
This series is a MASTERPIECE!

Damn, I can't wait for the next episode. Isuzu has redeemed herself in that split second she confronts the crowd. Nemuru was also ferociously cute! Hands down best series of the season and with that totally not deus ex machina of a twist at the end, I was put on the edge of this overflowing awesome sauce volcano!

Amiright?!
Mar 13, 2010 9:18 AM

Jun 2009
francismeunier said:

Ok I see well it does look like in the underground from the preview and where Sakaki is with those green/red lights.

That is the dam control center I think.

Well I wouldn't say it was terrible, but the episode was just largely over-exagerated to show some spiffy animations of people jumping around and doing evil faces...
And not all anime get so over the top in the end...DEEN did a pretty good job with Higurashi, not perfect, but they at least got their facts straight.
I know they tried something more loosely based here....but as much as I like alternate retellings, this one failed a bit.

AidanAK47 said:
I really don't think that Ryukishi put his heart into this. Peach pit probably just asked him to give them a higurashi and that's what he did.

He most certainly did not. ^^°
But neither did Peach Pit.
They were both hired to write this game and they tried to make their best out of it. Peach Pit had some spare time because Rozen Maiden was changing magazines and Ryukishi supposedly had just finished a part of Umineko back then which was in proofreading so he was also free.
Both can do very much better than this...but the VN wasn't that bad at all, just not good enough to be special.

私が、探偵だからよ。
Mar 13, 2010 9:47 AM

Aug 2009
Well, this episode was... um... different... I guess.

Let me rephrase that, it was just plain bad. Everyone protecting Hiro all of a sudden and also Nemuru and Suzu acting all hero-ish. God, that was awful.

I hope the series ends with a bang. Or else I'm forced to rate it lower. D:
Mar 13, 2010 10:03 AM
Mar 2009
This episode was alright, a lot of things are happening lately. It's nice to see it have some sort of development for a change. I hope they can wrap this up nicely.
Mar 13, 2010 10:14 AM

Oct 2009
AidanAK47 said:
francismeunier said:
this series is going to get a 10 masterpiece! I am so happy that my boy Sakaki is getting his revenge!

Please tell me you are joking. Because at the moment I am thinking of giving this a 4 or a 3. I am getting Chaos head vibes here....though Chaos head had a good beginning while this didn't. Well I long lost hope of this getting any better. Any previous remarks that I said in the last discussions about giving this a chance I humbly take back.
Although true about Chaos Head I still think 11eyes is more the type I crave. Now about the 10 only if the town goes boom or something or some people die terribly! Maybe Hiroshi but I don't mind him.....I want a boom instead!
seizonsha said:
francismeunier said:

That is the dam control center I think.
Oh? So they are going for that VN ending of Sakaki.....will we get a possible big bang boom and the town is gone?

Mar 13, 2010 10:34 AM

Oct 2007
Maximatum99 said:

Damn, I can't wait for the next episode. Isuzu has redeemed herself in that split second she confronts the crowd. Nemuru was also ferociously cute! Hands down best series of the season and with that totally not deus ex machina of a twist at the end, I was put on the edge of this overflowing awesome sauce volcano!

Amiright?!
And you know what, Sakaki killed that wolf guy with a KNIFE. WHAT A FU*KING PLOT TWIST? Oh wait, when did he get that knife? Isn't that wolf guy a little too weak?

Oh and a human calling them Monster and instead of beating the hell out of him they were fighting each other, what an awesome monster they are.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Mar 13, 2010 10:59 AM

Jun 2009
francismeunier said:
Oh? So they are going for that VN ending of Sakaki.....will we get a possible big bang boom and the town is gone?

Well, the story always ends with Sakakis attempt to wipe out the Kamibito, it's just a matter of wether the reader notices it or is busy with other things.
They are already following a much to individual story, it's got almost nothing to do with the VN arcs anymore.

I suppose next episode:
They will confront Sakaki at the dam and have a hearty talk among the Kamibito that they have to overcome their problems and doubts. Then they will beat Sakaki and force him to retreat into town.
There he suddenly convinces all people that he is NOT a raving maniac who wanted to blow up the dam and that the people who tried to stop him are monsters.People will believe him, because we need a conflict that happens in the final episode and will capture Nemuru....then we hear a hearty talk about why it's bad to fight again, Hiroshi, Isuzu and Nemuru hug and creditroll...

Somehow the anime just went wrong about the point where they tried to fuse ALL the VN endings together...
It's almost as bad as 11eyes it was all a dream twist...

私が、探偵だからよ。
Mar 13, 2010 11:47 AM

Jun 2009
So boring...
Suddenly all that ruckus is happening.
Kana-chan and Nemuru saved this episode. And Sakaki, he's great in his evil way. ^^
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 13, 2010 12:04 PM

Nov 2008
Siva said:
And you know what, Sakaki killed that wolf guy with a KNIFE. WHAT A FU*KING PLOT TWIST? Oh wait, when did he get that knife? Isn't that wolf guy a little too weak?

Oh and a human calling them Monster and instead of beating the hell out of him they were fighting each other, what an awesome monster they are.
Damn straight! This show is awesome.
Mar 13, 2010 12:23 PM

Sep 2007
Maximatum99 said:

Amiright?!

i c wut u did thar

What a shame for this series. It's degraded down to a typical villain drunk on revenge that he just wants to wipe out anything and everything including innocent people. And lol at Isuzu doing a complete 180 from the last time we saw her. What an annoying girl.

Lol at francis the Sakaki fangirl.
WasabiMar 13, 2010 12:26 PM
Mar 13, 2010 12:43 PM

Jun 2009
Wasabi said:

He's the best part of these discussion cause of this after all. ;]
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 13, 2010 12:52 PM

Nov 2008
francismeunier said:
Let the town burn muahahahhahha! It's going to go boom!
Francis, fire ze missiles!

Mar 13, 2010 1:03 PM

Jun 2009
seizonsha said:

Dear god.....that's the ending of 11eyes?! I stopped watching it after the first episode and now I am glad I did.
But honestly, I hate those kind of endings. The ones that make the entire series pointless.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Mar 13, 2010 1:11 PM

Dec 2007
Maximatum99 said:

Amiright?!

lol
Mar 13, 2010 1:26 PM

Sep 2007
OrochiPL said:
Wasabi said:

They make me facedesk.
Mar 13, 2010 1:31 PM

Oct 2007
Wasabi said:
OrochiPL said:
Wasabi said:

They make me facedesk.
You mean your STONE desk?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Mar 13, 2010 1:41 PM

Sep 2007
Siva said:
Wasabi said:
OrochiPL said:
Wasabi said:

They make me facedesk.
You mean your STONE desk?

Uhhh sure why not.

Oct 2009
Wasabi said:
Yeah that's right but it's fan boy Sakaki is nice in this series and has a nice evil to him....about Isuzu well she sure showed she can change......is that not nice Wasabi? Ah.....the power of medicine and of will.....now you see it all with Isuzu.
OrochiPL said:
Wasabi said:

Yeah I try at least...I try....
Maximatum99 said:
francismeunier said:
Let the town burn muahahahhahha! It's going to go boom!
Francis, fire ze missiles!

Rofl that was a funny video! But in this case its target is one village so let's drop 2500 lbs bombs and it will do the job.
rarri said:
Maximatum99 said:

Amiright?!

lol
Oh yeah bro! You are so right! it should be over 9000 not just MASTERPIECE.....out of this world! No seriously Sakaki makes all the village goes boom 10/10 Sakaki gets killed maybe 8/10 for Isuzu at least.... :D
Wasabi said:

Uhhh sure why not.
No wait he means wood desk as in loving nature's wood......

Jun 2009
Wasabi said:
OrochiPL said:
Wasabi said:

They make me facedesk.

I think his desk looks more like this:

francis said:
Wasabi said:
OrochiPL said:
Wasabi said:

They make me facedesk.

Yeah I try at least...I try....

We appreciate this...
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 13, 2010 1:52 PM

Sep 2007
OrochiPL said:

We appreciate this...

Oh you
Mar 13, 2010 1:55 PM

Jun 2009
Wasabi said:
OrochiPL said:

We appreciate this...

Oh you

"Oh me" what?
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 13, 2010 2:00 PM

Sep 2007
OrochiPL said:
Wasabi said:
OrochiPL said:

We appreciate this...

Oh you

"Oh me" what?

Oh you as in Oh you.
Mar 13, 2010 2:01 PM

Jun 2009
Wasabi said:
OrochiPL said:
Wasabi said:
OrochiPL said:

We appreciate this...

Oh you

"Oh me" what?

Oh you as in Oh you.

Still don't get it, mind explaining it clear to me?
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 13, 2010 2:06 PM

Sep 2007
OrochiPL said:
Wasabi said:
OrochiPL said:
Wasabi said:
OrochiPL said:

We appreciate this...

Oh you

"Oh me" what?

Oh you as in Oh you.

Still don't get it, mind explaining it clear to me?

Mar 13, 2010 2:11 PM

Jun 2009
Wasabi said:

Ah... now i get it.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 13, 2010 2:21 PM

Oct 2009
OrochiPL said:
Wasabi said:

Ah... now i get it.

Rofl at the pic and it's saved! :P

Mar 13, 2010 2:25 PM

Aug 2008
*reads the flame war that is going on* It seems like it is impossible for an Ookami thread to not end up like 4chan.

Kasai got what he deserved, that greedy bastard. Still, the revenge part was kind of lame (kill everybody because they killed my ex-gf!). Oh well, still better than Higurashi, where Shion killed everybody because Keiichi refused to buy her a stuff animal (or something like that, don't quite remember).

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Mar 13, 2010 2:32 PM

Jun 2009
guyklc said:
*reads the flame war that is going on* It seems like it is impossible for an Ookami thread to not end up like 4chan.

We have francis's power, every single thread with it can end up like 4chan.

guyklc said:
Kasai got what he deserved, that greedy bastard.

It's dissapointing how easily Sakaki finished Kasai, the Ochibito-hater.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 13, 2010 2:42 PM

Sep 2007
guyklc said:

Kasai got what he deserved, that greedy bastard. Still, the revenge part was kind of lame (kill everybody because they killed my ex-gf!). Oh well, still better than Higurashi, where Shion killed everybody because Keiichi refused to buy her a stuff animal (or something like that, don't quite remember).

4chan is much worse.

I wouldn't say Kasai was "greedy". More like he just didn't want the kamibito to suffer on the account of all the ochibito. He was the opposite to what Nemeru's uncle was doing. Nemeru's uncle wanted kamibito and ochibito to live together peacefully while Kasai was all about having the kamibito live secluded from the rest of the world.
Mar 13, 2010 3:58 PM

Aug 2009
AidanAK47 said:
seizonsha said:

Dear god.....that's the ending of 11eyes?! I stopped watching it after the first episode and now I am glad I did.
But honestly, I hate those kind of endings. The ones that make the entire series pointless.

Well no, that's not exactly how it ended but there was a pretty big "it was all a dream" thing that happened near the end. Ironically, lots of us consider it probably the best episode because

This turned into almost a completely different anime. I'm so glad I never play the VN's of these things or else I'd probably destroy my computer.
Mar 13, 2010 4:13 PM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
Good episode, and Sakaki seems a little too happy about stabbing someone lol
Mar 13, 2010 4:15 PM

Sep 2009
This episode was ok. Right now it just doesn't seem as intense as I would like it...
Mar 13, 2010 4:16 PM

Jun 2009
garfield15 said:
Well no, that's not exactly how it ended but there was a pretty big "it was all a dream" thing that happened near the end. Ironically, lots of us consider it probably the best episode because

So true...
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 13, 2010 4:29 PM

Aug 2008
OrochiPL said:
guyklc said:

We have francis's power, every single thread with it can end up like 4chan.

*sighs* I rest my case; this place is slowly turning into 4chan *shakes head*

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Mar 13, 2010 4:46 PM

Jun 2009
OrochiPL said:
garfield15 said:

So true...

Yeah, kinda sad that they had to pull such an old device out of the hat...
I would dare to say it was okay how they started 11eyes, but like Ôkami, Chaos;head and so many others mashing it all into a blender and drinking it with a straw does not exactly mean it combines the best taste of all ingredients.

私が、探偵だからよ。
Mar 13, 2010 5:05 PM

Feb 2009
Is it me who doesn't understand what a horror should contain or it's Ookami that is just a wanna-be horror.
Cuz all the scary stuff is like this:

A kiss from a werewolf...this will leave a bad taste :s
It's practically like kissing your dog,so it should...

Now that's scary!I mean...it sounds like a gang rape plan against the New Town's people :S
Well...if you like baldies you might like it,but i'd rather not kiss this dude.

Btw...sry if i'm late with the flame but i have to say it:

From the first episode i hate Isuzu,the way everyone likes Hiroshi,the way everyone laughs at the lame jokes of their homeroom teacher and Mana's hidden brother complex.

OrochiPL said:
garfield15 said:

So true...

Agreed...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Mar 13, 2010 5:07 PM
Nov 2009
I like how he landed on his chest after he got stabbed, which drove the knife further into his body, maybe, just maybe. Lmao.
Mar 13, 2010 5:08 PM
Feb 2010
I liked this episode, Sakakis plan is efficient and evil and Kasai still holds on to his own not too friendly plans.

Still I think the story is going on too fast like in the whole anime. It would be nice if the anime had the double length it has with the same story spread out more in more episodes.
Mar 13, 2010 6:17 PM

Aug 2008
Maximatum99 said:

Amiright?!

I love you because I didn't know you were joking until about half way through. I was going to say some other stuff, but this pretty much sums it up. There's no point in saying anything anymore.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami Kakushi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Samu-tan - Mar 25, 2010

126 by superwaha »»
Dec 18, 2023 5:00 AM

Poll: » Ookami Kakushi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Samu-tan - Feb 25, 2010

97 by Atavistic »»
Jul 21, 2023 2:55 PM

Poll: » Ookami Kakushi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Rail_Tracer - Jan 20, 2010

187 by removed-user »»
Jul 20, 2021 11:07 PM

Poll: » Ookami Kakushi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Mar 18, 2010

133 by Nurguburu »»
Jun 24, 2021 9:48 PM

Poll: » Ookami Kakushi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - Mar 4, 2010

74 by Nurguburu »»
Jun 24, 2021 7:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.