Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Welcome to the Ballroom
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 19, 2017 9:34 PM

May 2013
lol.... I'm hoping Gaju becomes less of an asshole now that they're going to the same HS :3

Hmmmmm... Hopefully Fujita's dance partner clicks well with him :3 Wonder why she hides her love in ballroom dancing :3

Sengoku's partner is an auto-fave for me wahhahaha xD she was like "oide~ oide~~~" LMAO
Feb 14, 2018 5:01 AM

Aug 2016
Loved the kind of slice of life in this episode!
Nanika ga Okashii
Apr 17, 2018 5:10 PM

Aug 2010
So it seems the true heroine and best girl is finally introduced. Excited to see more of her as her character is one of the main reasons I was interested in this series.
Aug 9, 2018 8:02 AM

Mar 2010
Hmm... the new redhead seems to have an attitude but maybe shes a nice girl will see.
Was good to see somewhat more animated dancing at least and to see the coach dance ^^
Jan 24, 2019 1:21 PM
Sep 2018
I haven't read the manga. I only discovered this anime this week.
So... much that other posters have said is based on things I'm unaware of.

Previously, the only exposure to Chinatsu was her saying she liked music, and saying, "How lame" in regard to Tatara saying he was into Ballroom dance.

But, the opening and closing credits since then made it clear that she would become his partner. The question in my mind was, how would he find out she was secretly interested?

This, is a very good way. Being at this event, in the mob attempting to see Sengoku & Hongou after the competition was over... this is not a casual interest on her part. She knows he's seen her. She cannot deny her interest in this activity, given the circumstances.

But... he's got a tough road ahead of him. She's definitely a Tsundere type, and he does not give the air of being a strong person; from what we've seen, once he's on the floor in competition, this can no no longer be said of him.

But without her seeing just how good he already is, she's not gong to want anything to do with him; he offends her sense of how things should be. If she comes to realize just how much he is willing to focus on making his partner look the best she possibly can... and what he succeeds in doing as a result, she'll rethink this! Hopefully without turning into an abusive person. (All the Best Girl comments lead me to believe I needn't worry about that.)

The ending credits this time are most intriguing in regard to future events. As were the "coming next time" snippets.

I found it of interest, how he notices things in regard to the execution of the dance that Gaju does not. But, they got into dance for entirely different reasons. So it's not surprising that they focus on different things. Plus, it's clear they have different ways of learning; for him, observing _is_ how he learns. Deeds, not words. Although, at the proper time, words do help, as was shown with the whole "become her frame" sequence several episodes back.

I'm really enjoying this anime, I'm very glad I stumbled across it.
WeasalopesJan 24, 2019 1:32 PM
Jul 2, 2019 4:55 PM
Jul 2014
Tsundere alert lmao that red head smh

lol the way Gaju and Tatara are now kind of friends >< and it was kind of cute the way Gaju blushed when he asked for Tatara's number uwu I smell besties

It's cool how they added more dance animation to this episode so we actually got to see Sengoku dance. I loved the ocean wave imagery.

Hongo, Sengoku's partner, is such a cool character lol their dynamic is so interesting and fun lol
I wonder how Tatara and the tsundere's dynamic are going to be....
Oct 14, 2019 7:36 AM

Mar 2015
Great new OP and ED, Chinatsu is hella hot
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 21, 2019 12:49 AM

Sep 2018
Finally!! Partner of Tatara!
The dance is really exaggeration!
Sep 24, 2020 7:08 PM

Jan 2014
gaju is a little too... invested in his sister's boobs lol. kinda creepy :x

i loved the OP animation! it looks like the characters get older? or maybe that's my imagination but i'd love to see them grow up a little bit

tatara is so cute my heart he really is like a puppy

i miss hyoudou i want more of him T.T
Apr 14, 2021 9:11 PM

Feb 2014
Best girl is finally here!!!
And damn, Tatara became really popular with the ladies, huh?
Mar 21, 2022 1:29 AM

Aug 2012
Yeah, I quit. This show is boring, the art and animation is ugly and there's no actual dancing happening in this show.

This anime is such a letdown.
Apr 21, 2022 5:35 PM
Jan 2021
Chi chan is finally here 😍

I've read the manga 2 days ago and i really love the manga there are only 63 chapters at this moment so i still wasn't satisfied with it i want more chapter godamm it(also hope tha author is doing well now really looking forward to a new chapter)

Then i immediately watch the anime it really is a good adaptation also they didn't include the guy with black hair in the manga i don't think it's a good idea since i really have a feeling that the character i was mentioning is gonna be relevant in the future of the manga series while still

Also godamn the op is full of spoiler
May 31, 2022 4:04 PM
Feb 2021
Honestly After I've watched this anime I just tought to my self, "What am I gonna watch now?"
This for me is One of my favorite animes of all time, straight 10/10, none of the episodes were Boring, and I started getting interested in dancing just by watching them.
All of the anime was beautiful, I love the art of the characters, the girls are all beautiful. We need season 2 asap. The first episode got me interested so fast that i watched all of the anime in two days. Masterpiece of anime with beautiful soundtrack .
Hope that more people find this anime, because I swear this is the first time that i finish an anime and don't know what to watch next. Amazing experience I had.
Majestic and Marvelous Anime🙏❤️

Jun 12, 2023 5:08 PM

Aug 2019
He says he wants a lot of friends and then throws out the number five lol Can relate.
Sep 13, 2023 3:38 AM

Nov 2022
Really triggers me how the opening spoils some parts of the show. red hair girl dancing with him in the opening right after calling him lame immediately deflated the tension from that moment..
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

173 by Copie »»
Apr 9, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Naruleach - Jul 2, 2017

125 by ThorPalma »»
Jan 1, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2017

59 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 30, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

57 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 30, 2023 12:16 AM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2017

51 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 28, 2023 9:41 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.