Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 23, 2017 8:11 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Yeah! I love finding anime that way.
Sometimes I do just go to profiles to see what people are all about. Sometimes, I check the profile to make sure I'm not being trolled? Because like...?? I can't tell if folks are kidding or not sometimes.;;
Or if someone is replying to me with something outrageously um... ignorant, I might check to see if they have a pattern of posts like that. I might change my reply tactics at that point, because I don't really have time to have a deep discussion with someone whose intention is to not listen but to be in character no matter what.;;

I will always visit profiles of folks using Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei signatures or avatars to be honest. ;o; We're usually so different...

I also always look at profiles of folks who send me a friend request. I'm usually trying to figure out where they came from. I accept even "random" requests with the assumption that I'll learn more about someone as I go, but I end up being too chicken to say 'hi' most of the time.;; Like, I have before and didn't get replies, so I just kinda stopped. Now I just wish folks I accept the requests of would let me know what's up or say 'hi' first since they're the ones requesting for me to accept. Then again, I totally understand that some folks are really shy, so I'm not frustrated or anything. I just feel like I should say 'hi' at that point though, but I'm kinda shy too.;; Once my friend list gets too bloated, I'll start doing something about it.;;
Until then, the profile and their list is all I have to know anything about them by.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Sep 23, 2017 11:10 PM

Jul 2015
I do it all the time. Well I don't really compare what we watch for every single profile I come across, but I just like to see what's on people's profiles and what not.

caught in the wonder
Sep 24, 2017 12:04 AM

Feb 2016
Noboru said:
Squidster said:
I look at the affinity thingamafuck to see if they like that good shit.
Isn't Affinity just a Number, I mean just showing whether someone rates similar to another one?

@BlackFIFA19 :

Guidelines for what? And where? If you refer to the Site and Forum Guidelines, I've read them later, but I don't know what they have to do with it.
You can meet quite a few regularly at Current Events. They often come with awkward English in the Title or something like "X vs. Y live". There's still a Spambot left, but it feels too much of a Pain in the Neck to even report them.

I think that's how it used to work, but since they changed something with the Login, I won't stay online the whole Time, even though I'm technically online the whole Time. Maybe it's browser-specific. Which one are you using?

Hmm, can't recall having had any special Profile Design, nor a very big List. And speaking of which, since I just had a Look, but wow, you watch quite a Lot of Anime at the same Time!

I think the more your Name appears on the Forums and/or on the Friends List of others, the more likely someone will randomly use a Friend Request on you. After all, they have to somehow find you to even send you a Request.

You know for how too react too people and stuff,
so there are even spambots on here, didnt see that one coming, i mean what would a spambot have to do on here :v

Im using chrome, maybe if youre really interested in why it is you could ask a mod maybe they know, and maybe theyll fix it,

I think your profile looks interesting enough for me too send a friend request too, especially since you seemed too play alot of VNs and if i ever got interested in them id be able too ask you, it was probably something like that, well most of them are just sitting there never too be finished and i dont wanna put them on hold because then im sure illl never ever continue them, im really only watching like 10/11 Anime in there,

probably, i mean ever since i got 100 friends i basically stopped friend requesting others and now i have around 230 friends
Sep 24, 2017 3:35 AM
Sep 2017
I do it just to look at the person's favorite anime or manga with my favorite ones. Don't think it's weird (most likely that others do it to)
Sep 24, 2017 3:54 AM

Mar 2016
Ye i do it usually. I like to see their favourites and our affinity
Sep 24, 2017 4:13 AM

Jun 2010
it depends on if the user got or do something that gets me interested enough to take a look at there profile.

Wʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ɢᴏᴇs ᴍᴀᴅ, ᴏɴᴇ ᴍᴜsᴛ ᴀᴄᴄᴇᴘᴛ ᴍᴀᴅɴᴇss ᴀs sᴀɴɪᴛʏ,
sɪɴᴄᴇ sᴀɴɪᴛʏ ɪs ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀᴅɴᴇss ᴏɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʜᴏʟᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴs ᴛᴏ ᴀɢʀᴇᴇ ᴏɴ

Sep 24, 2017 12:55 PM

Jan 2009
Maneki-Mew said:
Some were like: "I can't like or share that nerd, gaming or fun page, I can't post my drawings and other things, because my employer could see it" They are ashamed of everything they like and are. That's a pity. The question is: does their employer really care (and why the hell?) or are they just unnecessarily worried? ^^"
The Answer to this Question is unfortunately "yes, they do" in many Cases, especially when you show Preferences for Things that aren't with majority Appeal. It's quite sad, because actual Skills should matter first and foremost, but Employers care about the Image of the possible Candidates who could represent their Company.
In the Worst Case, even publicly being neutral to certain Groups and treading them as equal can cause Backlashes, as some Restaurants had the unfortunate Pleasure with.

Well, I accept almost everyone. XD Not on FB and I delete the people from FB, I haven't spoken to in ages or just don't like, because that's more private and maybe I don't want to be associated with some specific people, but on MAL, I accept almost every friend request. I mean, why not? ^^"
I can't recall having ever declined a Friend Request, but I'm only with Pseudonyms online, anyway.
Hmm, true, as far as I know, Facebook has some Privacy Settings in which "Friends" could see Content you wouldn't want absolute Strangers to see. Not sure if you can restrict it on a User-by-User Basis.

@BlackFIFA19:

I can't recall a Guideline telling me how to answer back in every Situation. Also, the Notification System with the convenient direct Link to the Conversation wasn't there Years ago. If I'm not mistaken, then even the "Reply" Button used to not exist and you had to go on the Profile of the other User to "answer" there. For someone, who didn't know about the common Practice of Answering Things on the Profile of other Users, it would be strange if no one had told him before or there had been no Indication of where you were supposed to answer. That is not to say that not every Attempt for Contact will be successful, when the other Party has little Use for Small-Talk or isn't in a Mood or capable to answer back.

Spambots are there to advertize their Products, but they can also be misused to trick People into becoming part of their Botnet, so better stay away from their URLs.

Ah okay, it's interesting to know what makes other Users Friend Request me. It's just that I fairly seldom have the Incentive to actually ask about it, especially when I see countless of Replies from other Users already asking the same Question on the Profile of the Requester.

Fair enough, my "On-Hold" Lists are de facto also "Dropped" Lists, since I put them on indefinite "On-Hold". Still, ~10 Anime at once is a bit much. I used to watch some "Currently Airing" Anime as well, but I've since long ago opted for fully-aired Series or at least fully-aired Seasons of Anime, only.

Can you recall for everyone that you requested what made you request them?
NoboruOct 9, 2017 1:22 PM
Sep 24, 2017 1:34 PM

Jan 2017
I give you the permission to look at my profile people :)

And nah i rar3ly do that doing that make me bored
Oct 9, 2017 1:01 PM

Mar 2013
I don't think so. We're all anime fans here so it's interesting to see what other people have watched and whether they may share the same interests as you.
Oct 9, 2017 1:35 PM
Jul 2017
Damn and i thought i watched a lot of anime 😭. Follow my anime insta guys i’ll follow back, just trying to make it grow! _iizaya_Orihara_
Oct 9, 2017 1:36 PM

Jun 2017
YaoiMaster said:
I stalk people quite often, but I don't care for their anime ratings.

Literally, this. Also, you may swap "stalking" with "observing".
Oct 9, 2017 2:11 PM

Feb 2013
SilenceeDGAF said:
YaoiMaster said:
I stalk people quite often, but I don't care for their anime ratings.

Literally, this. Also, you may swap "stalking" with "observing".
Agreed. Anime taste is the least interesting thing about MAL users. Take SilenceeDGAF for example, he's got a fetish for a fictional serial killer.
Oct 9, 2017 2:38 PM

May 2016
I do that as well sometimes just to see if I can find something to add on my nonstop growing list.
~ Nas, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Formerly known as:
~ Gokuvich, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Oct 9, 2017 4:37 PM

Jul 2012
If something catches me in someway i will, like an amusing post or a cool signature and such. I'll look at their lists, but i don't just click to random profiles

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.

Oct 9, 2017 4:42 PM

Nov 2014
To me it's what other people watched or the taste that they have, it's the way they speak about anime. I only compare anime to people who approach me first.

Generally I only approach people when their forums posts are interesting and moderately well thought out. It isn't often though.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Oct 9, 2017 10:06 PM

May 2017
i still do that from time to time. usually, i'll find that their profile pages are more interesting to look at than my own.
Oct 9, 2017 10:13 PM

Aug 2016
I generally only pay attention to the scores of a select few people whose taste I find interest in.
People who put MAL stats in their sigs are losers lol
Oct 9, 2017 10:37 PM

Dec 2012
no I don't think I've ever been interested in randoms profiles. I don't even sus out my friends profile only ever my own.

And I'm almost certain I'm 10,000 of my profile views.

Oct 10, 2017 3:50 AM

Feb 2014
only to admire peoples cute profile pictures
Oct 10, 2017 3:53 AM

Jul 2016
What do people think of my profile?

This is a decent thread.
Oct 10, 2017 3:58 AM

Aug 2016
You shouldn't stalk, OP.

Oct 10, 2017 4:05 AM

Mar 2015
I play a game usually like, spot the elitists or find the shounen-loving diehards. We're taught not to judge or laugh at other's tastes but damn is it fun.
Oct 10, 2017 4:19 AM

Aug 2015
Not very often, and when i do its probably because i want to see their profile designs. i dont usually bother looking at their lists
Oct 10, 2017 5:25 AM

Jan 2016
I'll admit to having fallen guilty of this.
Apr 27, 2021 12:59 AM
Dec 2020
Like i got to know recently that you can actually randomly go on others profile and see their anime list
Apr 27, 2021 1:09 AM

Aug 2020
Lol I do that all the time, 50% of what I do on mal is look into random profiles.
Apr 27, 2021 1:40 AM

Aug 2007
I used to do that quite often before. I like how people have different ways of rating their anime (some has full 10's, some has everything unrated, some only use 1, 5, and 10, then there are comical one-liner reviews put on the tags, some list only has hentai in it, then there's a person that has a very technical way of scoring anime.)

もろともに
哀れと思へ
山桜

花より外に
知る人もなし.

On a mountain slope,
Solitary, uncompanioned,
Stands a cherry tree.

Except for you, lonely friend,
To others I am unknown.

Apr 27, 2021 3:03 AM

Apr 2020
well i do that shit a lot
comparing your taste can be funny
Apr 27, 2021 3:05 AM

Dec 2018
Depends. Some profiles have enjoyable stuffs to read or look into. But this is like the last thing I do. I only read ppl's pf when I'm desperately bored.
. . .
Apr 27, 2021 10:33 AM

Jan 2020
I'm too busy posting on forums or watching anime to do that

Apr 27, 2021 12:53 PM

Feb 2020
I like to have a sneaky glance to see if they write in the tags section. I like reading them, they can be amusing unlike mine, mine are just immature and cringe
Apr 27, 2021 1:02 PM
Jul 2018
I often look at profile after I read post or forum of someone. I mean why wouldn't you they are meant to be read.
Apr 27, 2021 4:01 PM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
If someone's acting like a real dumbass on the forums spouting a bunch of delusional political shit I'll go look at their taste in anime and to no surprise whatsoever all their highest scored shows are always a bunch of elitist shit people pretend to like to signal to others that they're a "true anime connoisseur".
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Plushies

_Nette_ - 10 hours ago

11 by Ex-Aid »»
4 minutes ago

» Believe it or not, but my father-in-law works for law enforcement

DesuMaiden - 3 hours ago

10 by traed »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

59 by cody »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Yesterday

15 by SaiteiDaOrette »»
2 hours ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

68 by shadowdownfall »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.