Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2017 4:31 PM

Jun 2016
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I cried this volume, maybe the first manga I did that to. Well, it wasn't like a baby cry, but it was like tears leaving my eyes. The way Ban worked so hard with Asuka and Hayama to make Nogami happy really set me off when she called him a robot. When he was washing the dishes right after Masashi mocked him and he started to cry I broke with him. That was heartbreaking. All the ambition and hard work in the world for nothing. I want to hate her, but it's clearly tough love coming from Nogami, so if intentions matter maybe she's doing a good thing. She's definitely pushing him forward and forcing him to improve. I maintain the notion that this manga is the best portrayal of chasing your dreams I've ever seen. The way it's realistic and horribly crushing, but also inspiring and awesome is incredibly impressive.

So we end after Ban has started to get the job more than ever, he's practiced his butt off with Asuka and Hayama, and he's stalked Nogami to learn about her, only to have his potential last lifeline threatened. Brutal. There was a lack of Katori in this volume which makes me sad, cause my favorite parts are almost always when he shows signs of respecting Ban in his own way. I just want to praise this again, the character development and skill progression in Bambino is so good and it feels so real. Excited to see where this goes, if he'll be able to understand what it means to love his customers. I suppose that'll come from being able to answer why he works there. I also liked how likable Hayama was characterized as, I think he's a little silly being zapped into the story and immediately having his life spun upside down changing him ultimately into a better person the way it was done, but I do enjoy his presence in the manga as is.
Apr 18, 2023 10:35 PM

Jul 2021
Let's pray that the service will work this time around!
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bambino! Chapter 164 Discussion

Ishmael - Jan 25, 2012

7 by CQLLIST »»
Apr 19, 2023 9:25 AM

Poll: » Bambino! Chapter 163 Discussion

removed-user - Dec 18, 2022

1 by CQLLIST »»
Apr 19, 2023 8:51 AM

Poll: » Bambino! Chapter 162 Discussion

stand - Jan 24, 2019

2 by CQLLIST »»
Apr 19, 2023 8:48 AM

Poll: » Bambino! Chapter 161 Discussion

CQLLIST - Apr 19, 2023

0 by CQLLIST »»
Apr 19, 2023 8:41 AM

Poll: » Bambino! Chapter 160 Discussion

CQLLIST - Apr 19, 2023

0 by CQLLIST »»
Apr 19, 2023 8:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.