Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 21, 2017 11:24 PM

Jun 2015
Happy anime: Basically all comedy and a nice going vibe fr example: aho girl, saiki, konosuba

Sad anime: anime that makes you sad for example: Clannan as, Little busters as, Rainbow, air, attack on titan and the recent best anime Sakurasa reset

Which one do you prefer and WHY
I prefer sad shows, it makes me look back to it and feel all the sadness again.

I cried to every manga/anime in my favorites except: HNI and CG
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 21, 2017 11:28 PM

May 2017
I don't /love/ sad shows, but I'll watch them. I'd rather watch something with a meaningful story, so not necessarily tear-jerking, but meaningful.
Going into something knowing I might cry is like torture. I'd rather it be a surprise lol

And I wouldn't really call AOT a sad anime. Maybe emotional, but not just sad
Sep 21, 2017 11:45 PM

Jul 2012
Neither. I watch everything. I prefer something that's more realistic so it's not super happy where MC has a bunch of love interests and powers but makes the MC work hard for the things they like. The Anime such as Clannad AS is overly emotional and I don't really like those either since it feels like the MC is being fucked with often.
Sep 21, 2017 11:48 PM

Jul 2016
Well my favorites list kinda has both. Mood doesn't really factor into my preferences.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2017 12:23 AM

Sep 2017
Neither. I want a good quality anime. Come on 2017. Good quality anime WHEN.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Sep 22, 2017 12:39 AM

Aug 2016
I do like sad stuff, but when a show is overloaded with sadness, it often seems dumb and meaningless. I usually like shows that are happy overall, but then hit you really hard one or a few times.
Sep 22, 2017 3:04 AM

Jan 2010
as long as there is bromance either is fine

I hate and love sad, mushy stuff. I have a conflicting feelings about it. Usually if it's a pure sad drama (and romance), I wouln't interested in watching it at all. But I love emotional scenes in my usual action/adventure anime.
And I do prefer bleak atmosphere like in Shingeki, Tokyo Ghoul, Madoka, Steins;Gate than happy and exciting one like One Piece.
Sep 22, 2017 3:07 AM

Jul 2015
i prefer sad anime
why? it left a better taste than happy ones

but in romance anime i want to see my waifus happy other than that is 1/10
Sep 22, 2017 3:08 AM

Apr 2016
Of course happy, i ain't not one of those edgy fans.
Sep 22, 2017 3:08 AM

Apr 2017
I like both but I prefer happy anime cuz most of the sad anime got spoiled for me

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Sep 22, 2017 3:26 AM
Sep 2015
I like the happy ones of course. just because there's just enough sadness with my life. I don't want to add more -v-
Sep 22, 2017 3:30 AM
Sep 2017
Takamura-sama said:
Happy anime: Basically all comedy and a nice going vibe fr example: aho girl, saiki, konosuba

Sad anime: anime that makes you sad for example: Clannan as, Little busters as, Rainbow, air, attack on titan and the recent best anime Sakurasa reset

Which one do you prefer and WHY
I prefer sad shows, it makes me look back to it and feel all the sadness again.

I cried to every manga/anime in my favorites except: HNI and CG

Not sure how bland chacters in shows like attack on titan, air, clannad little busters can make you sad

For me I prefer upbeat types of shows ie: comedy shows

FEMINISM IS CANCER!!!!!
Sep 22, 2017 3:47 AM

Apr 2016
This might seem weird but, I don't watch animes with sad endings.I make sure to ask around whether it has a happy ending or a sad one before starting the show.I'd watch anything as long as it has a happy ending. Kotoura-san, for example, had some sad happenings but I actually enjoyed it since it ended on a happy note.
Sep 22, 2017 3:50 AM

Aug 2015
either i suppose. depends on how well it's done
Sep 22, 2017 3:52 AM

Apr 2017
Leaning slightly more towards "sad" I guess, based solely on my listed favorites. But I prefer quality over anything.
Sep 22, 2017 3:59 AM

Feb 2016
I like comedy/parody the most,so I think it counts as happy anime,but sometimes Sad series are nice if you need to calm yourself and cry
Sep 22, 2017 4:03 AM

Feb 2016
Happy ones that end in angst and despair.
Sep 22, 2017 4:04 AM

Dec 2016
If the anime is like Anohana, then I want to be sad AF.
but if it's happy like.. like.. i can't remember a happy anime...
FML.
Sep 22, 2017 4:15 AM

Jan 2017
something at the middle between happy and sad like rezero.
Sep 22, 2017 5:10 AM

Feb 2013
if i were to pick one then sad anime cuz fuck generic good endings

but you should watch both it's like yin and yang, too much of either is not good for health
Sep 22, 2017 5:38 AM

Nov 2009
> Do you prefer happy or sad anime?
Happy anime are obviously better. And even a sad anime better have a good ending.
Fuck you, edgelords. If I want sad stuff, I can just turn on the news. Anime has to be better than that.

nymi said:

You bitch about good quality, but you rated quality shows like SAO a 1. (out of 4 average score)
Face it, you don't really care about quality. You only want approval of your elitist peers.
And you didn't actually watch these 1500+ anime.
Sep 22, 2017 5:41 AM
Jun 2017
I prefer sad anime, I seem to hold them more closely to my heart..
Sep 22, 2017 5:52 AM

Nov 2016
Depends what i want sometimes good mix of both of them ,if im stressed only fun happy anime would be my pick.İ love full drama sad animes too all of them ok.
Sep 22, 2017 6:03 AM
Aug 2016
Takamura-sama said:

Sad anime: attack on titan

Nice shitpost XDDDDDDDDDDDD
You got me good here.
Sep 22, 2017 6:07 AM
Jul 2018
I would prefer you stopped making threads.
Sep 22, 2017 6:11 AM

Aug 2016
I prefer sad ones coz I need my daily dose of edge.

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Sep 22, 2017 6:11 AM

Apr 2013
^^
Don't be mean even if I wanted to say the same thing :p

Ah, I prefer Happy Anime, I'm not gonna go out of my way to find something that makes me sad, why would I? I rather try making my bummed out self happy rather than sad :p (yea I know Sad Anime can be powerful, emotional and beautiful but eh, I'll watch it when I feel like it)

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Sep 22, 2017 6:13 AM

Nov 2014
I generally like happy anime. But I'm sometimes in the mood for sad ones as well.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Sep 22, 2017 6:17 AM

Aug 2017
For me i like both but i prefer sad anime because you can feel the character's pain and relate to it and most sad anime you can't find things similar to it and it gets me frustrated and sad and happy when finally the character's pain and suffering bring him happiness in the end. i hate it when the anime finish whith uncompleted story so i go and continue the story in the manga.
Sep 22, 2017 6:25 AM

Aug 2017
I prefer sad anime. Maybe because I'm a sad person irl. Also, I dont like "forced" happy endings and so on.
“All men are jealous idiots. And women are stupid too, to feel happy about it. It's true, there are idiots everywhere!”

“I know it's difficult to look past my brilliant tail, brain and looks, but I also have excellent ears and eyes.”

“I need to have a drink, and I need one soon!”

“I am Holo the Wise Wolf so you shut up!”
Sep 22, 2017 6:27 AM

Jan 2017
flannan said:
Happy anime are obviously better. And even a sad anime better have a good ending.
Fuck you, edgelords. If I want sad stuff, I can just turn on the news. Anime has to be better than that.

nymi said:

You bitch about good quality, but you rated quality shows like SAO a 1. (out of 4 average score)
Face it, you don't really care about quality. You only want approval of your elitist peers.

lol let this shitty "elitist" meme die already. SAO isn't only disliked by the scary "elitists"
Sep 22, 2017 6:33 AM
Aug 2016
Cyborg_Icarus29 said:
flannan said:

lol let this shitty "elitist" meme die already. SAO isn't only disliked by the scary "elitists"

Oh well, I was about to write a somewhat similar reply to that.

You can't say that SAO is a "quality show". That's an oxymoron.
But hey, what did I expect from someone that believes in a magical creature called an elitist ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sep 22, 2017 6:40 AM

Jan 2017
Aslt said:
Cyborg_Icarus29 said:

Oh well, I was about to write a somewhat similar reply to that.

But hey, what did I expect from someone that believes in a magical creature called an elitist ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i see you're a man of culture as well.
Sep 22, 2017 6:45 AM

Nov 2009
Cyborg_Icarus29 said:
flannan said:

Sure, there are plenty of reasons to not like SAO. Like being a girl, or being a sheep.
Quality is not one of them - they obviously had a big budget for all those cool visuals, they hired Yuki Kaijura to write them awesome music, and the made the show so fun it got a second season and a movie.

Aslt said:

You are obviously using the word "quality" to mean something it does not mean.
Sep 22, 2017 7:07 AM

Dec 2015
flannan said:
Cyborg_Icarus29 said:

Sure, there are plenty of reasons to not like SAO. Like being a girl, or being a sheep.
Quality is not one of them - they obviously had a big budget for all those cool visuals, they hired Yuki Kaijura to write them awesome music, and the made the show so fun it got a second season and a movie.

Aslt said:

I´ve rarely seen someone this triggered and I had a Tumblr account for half a year.
Sep 22, 2017 7:10 AM

Mar 2013
Jun Maeda is the bane of anime for creating Utsuges. The name for this genre of "Crying Games" seems to be the premier example of putting the cart before the horse, anime wise.

How about crafting actual characters instead of intellectually deficit beings. Jeez.

So sad anime is not my favorite genre by the quantity of subpar quality.
Sep 22, 2017 7:11 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
I've sort of started to find that sad things actually tend to be less impactful to me in the long run, because I think I tend to be much more caught up in the moment with them when they manage to move me. They tend to feel short-lived even compared to things like comedies and what I've noticed happening is that I'll usually rate them high and they creep down with time to being sort of high-mid-tier as opposed to high tier, with feelings of 'meh this wasn't so great, it doesn't need to be rated so high' in comparison to the sort of "boo hoo what a masterpiece" feeling that comes immediately after finishing them. So I'd say happy tends to move me much more and so I think it wouldn't be a stretch at all to say that I prefer that. Nothing against sad anime per se, but if something moves me in such a way I notice that they just don't tend to have much staying power with me in general. Compared to even something like TTGL, which I had some of the samey gripes about obnoxiousness that tends to be present in all of Imaishi's works, I found it to be much more uplifting as opposed to sad and it's stuck with me much longer than something like Angel Beats or Shigatsu or any "feels" anime I've seen has managed to do, so meh. And i-it's not like I appreciate TTGL or anything, b-baka.
ManabanSep 22, 2017 7:17 AM

Sep 22, 2017 7:16 AM

Apr 2017
I like both. I mostly like happy anime because it just makes you happy too. But when I watch a sad anime, I feel like it is so much thoughtful and real feelings show off. I really enjoy both, but 80% of anime I watch are happy anime.
Sep 22, 2017 7:16 AM

Sep 2012
Happy for the sake of happy and sad for the sake of sad are equally bad. Neither has any merit in and of themselves. I can watch both and like them or hate them equally depending on how they're executed. What I do hate, though, are romanticized versions of either. Like the ending of Sundome. God that was bad.
Sep 22, 2017 7:17 AM

Apr 2017
i won't categorize aot as one of the sad animes lmao

doesn't really matter but sad anime just really leaves an emotion into your heart, you know;-;-;;

still life: pink roses
Sep 22, 2017 7:20 AM

Nov 2009
AnimeXHunter said:
flannan said:

I´ve rarely seen someone this triggered and I had a Tumblr account for half a year.

Triggered? I'm not even angry. At least, I wasn't until I started reading up "feminism in anime" thread.
I'm just being mean to nymi, because I dislike elitists.
Sep 22, 2017 10:21 AM

Jan 2017
flannan said:
Cyborg_Icarus29 said:

Aslt said:

Lol nope, these aren't the reasons why people dislike it. I'm pretty sure that you know why people dislike it so stop acting like a blind fanboy. Disliking this goddamned series has nothing to do with elitism. I have seen a LOT of casuals who dislike the series on many anime related sites/groups .

The visuals are cool and the music is awesome but these can't save a poorly written show.
Cyber_IcarusSep 22, 2017 8:45 PM
Sep 22, 2017 10:24 AM

Feb 2016
Haven't seen any of the examples but either way, but I guess happy.

I do enjoy a heavier plot but not particularly the sad ones. They're good none the less, I just don't really care for the "feels train".

Edit: Oh, I have seen one of your examples. Clannad Afterstory. Missed that one.

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Sep 22, 2017 11:30 AM

Jun 2015
Aslt said:
Takamura-sama said:

Sad anime: attack on titan

Nice shitpost XDDDDDDDDDDDD
You got me good here.

AOT
Takamura-samaSep 22, 2017 11:42 AM
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Sep 22, 2017 1:06 PM

Jan 2014
The sad anime tend to be more popular and have better stories, tbh.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Sep 22, 2017 1:32 PM

Feb 2015
I'd always prefer a shitposting thread anytime!

Aside from that, I'd take happy anime.
Sep 22, 2017 1:38 PM

Apr 2013
Usually shows with good plotting tends to be more on the feels side (sad feels side), and I love to torture myself so yeah...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2017 1:43 PM

Mar 2016
Sad anime. Though I have not stumbled upon a genuinely sad anime in a long time.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Sep 22, 2017 1:43 PM

Dec 2013
My mind says happy but my heart says sad. So many of my favorite anime, tv, etc. have either tragic or bittersweet endings...
Sep 23, 2017 1:32 AM

Nov 2009
Cyborg_Icarus29 said:
flannan said:

Lol nope, these aren't the reasons why people dislike it. I'm pretty sure that you know why people dislike it so stop acting like a blind fanboy. Disliking this goddamned series has nothing to do with elitism. I have seen a LOT of casuals who dislike the series on many anime related sites/groups .

Indeed, I have seen many people who claim to dislike SAO, and it's somehow worse than Hitler. Their claims are so obviously untrue the only possible explanation is that they're trying to fit in. That's what I mean by "being a sheep".

Cyborg_Icarus29 said:
The visuals are cool and the music is awesome but these can't save a poorly written show.

Except that SAO is a well-written show. #75 best novel according to MAL, and 10/10 according to me.
I would even claim the director did a reasonably good job crossing mediums and adapting it to anime. (even if I have a lot of complaints on this front, resulting in anime being 8/10 according to me)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

94 by RobertBobert »»
43 seconds ago

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - 10 hours ago

9 by LenRea »»
41 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows?

EverRealm - Yesterday

49 by fae »»
42 minutes ago

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - Yesterday

17 by Ratris_Decision »»
47 minutes ago

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

26 by LoveYourEyes »»
53 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.