Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 12, 2010 5:43 PM

Feb 2008
GOD THIS EPISODE LEFT ME SOO EXCITED!!

As usual my love goes out to Kida & Izaya for their sheer awesomeness. But this episode really made me like Mikado a lot more. <3

So looking forward to the next episode and Mikado epicness! :D
Mar 12, 2010 5:49 PM

Jan 2010
ringoo4 said:
nicoliolipoli said:
ringoo4 said:
On the other hand of thinking that this episode was just brilliant with amazing twist, I started to get worried. This is fast. Way too fast. This is not even a middle of the episode, yet some of the major twists are already out. I can't believe they will going to have 14 more episodes for everything. I just try to force myself on thinking that there will be something big beside all of this, (like Shinra Mystery,Izaya past, Russian Sushi + Simon, and some mysterious American company) but... this is just... rushed.

I know! You have such a good point! The thing is, I reallyyyy wish ( as do other people im sure) that Durarara could go past these 24 episodes of epicness and be the start of a new popular on-going anime. But, it probably won't happen :(
That's pretty much expecting this anime to be another naruto/bleach/dragon ball/d-grey mand, which I don't really appreciate.

You don't appreciate the idea of Durarara being longer? Or you don't appreciate the animes you just listed?
(If it's choice number two, I don't appreciate those, either xp)
Mar 12, 2010 5:55 PM

Jan 2010
I absolutely loved Mikado in this episode, he's showing his true colors. Selty punching that girl's boyfriend in the face and Izaya jumping on him was hilarious~ Kida was as cute as always. Also, did anyone catch the password being "baccano" when Mikado was typing something in his computer? I thought that was pretty cool, idk why. P:

Overall, really good episode and I can't wait for next week!
Mar 12, 2010 5:57 PM

Aug 2009
I don't want Drrr to be long. 24 episodes are the best for it;I don't think it will able to sustain from keeping mystery and twist if it will become endless shonen series. It has a large cast, but still limited. So, they will have to feed even more characters to make it longer, which means death of the anime.

Anyway, I was very impressed about direction overall in this episode. I like how all three Kanra, Tanaka Tauro, Setton-san finally met in one place... The only thing I concern is a contents for next 14 episodes.
Mar 12, 2010 5:59 PM

Jan 2010
ringoo4 said:
I don't want Drrr to be long. 24 episodes are the best for it;I don't think it will able to sustain from keeping mystery and twist if it will become endless shonen series. It has a large cast, but still limited. So, they will have to feed even more characters to make it longer, which means death of the anime.

Damn. You got me there. I do not want death, and if the series becomes longer,
fillers will come and people won't appreciate Durarara as much.
Thanks for setting me straight >.<
Mar 12, 2010 6:39 PM
Dec 2008
Durn said:
When Mikado logged on to the Dollars site, was anyone else reminded of Light's "I'll take a potato chip... and eat it!" scene with the epic computer mouse and fast typing? XD

So I wasn't the only one...
Mar 12, 2010 6:48 PM

Mar 2009
lol using the guy as a trampoline.
Awesome as always, things really picked up during the second half especially the end
Mar 12, 2010 6:53 PM

Jan 2010
If the anime goes on for too long, people will start to get bored with it. If it ends after 12-24 episodes, then peoples' memory of it will be based on those few gems, not the long-as-hell crap that would come later.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Mar 12, 2010 7:05 PM

Jun 2007
francismeunier said:
I am just curious as to how would a person like Mikado suddenly....
he did remind me a little of Izaya when he started to make the phone calls and internet search.....does he have a information network as good as Izaya might?

In the first episode he mentioned that he never left his home town and that he kind of grew scared of leaving. So I'm assuming he originally started Dollars just so he'd have like minded people (people that don't want to live normal lives) to talk to while he was home. It probably just grew over time. Essentially it would be like if you started an IRC chat room and started inviting people you knew who where into the same stuff as you. Then had them invite a random person and so on and so forth.

I'm sure there's some elaborate reason behind it though. The whole show has been using 6 degrees of separation so I'm sure they'll try and tie it into how Dollars was started.
Mar 12, 2010 7:39 PM
Apr 2009
I fucking love this anime!
Mar 12, 2010 7:45 PM

Mar 2009
The jig is up.
Mar 12, 2010 8:05 PM

Sep 2008
I want Izaya as my HUSBANDO.
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.
Mar 12, 2010 8:19 PM

Sep 2009
I loved this episode. It's like I'm in love with this show all over again.
Mar 12, 2010 8:21 PM

Aug 2009
ringoo4 said:
On the other hand of thinking that this episode was just brilliant with amazing twist, I started to get worried. This is fast. Way too fast. This is not even a middle of the episode, yet some of the major twists are already out. I can't believe they will going to have 14 more episodes for everything. I just try to force myself on thinking that there will be something big beside all of this, (like Shinra Mystery,Izaya past, Russian Sushi + Simon, and some mysterious American company) but... this is just... rushed.

Well think of it this way.

If it's this awesome now and it can keep this quality all the way (this each episode just about better than the last) just imagine how much win we're in for the future.
Mar 12, 2010 8:39 PM

Apr 2009
Ahhhh Mikado :D
Mar 12, 2010 8:59 PM
May 2009
Usami-Haru said:
Durn said:
When Mikado logged on to the Dollars site, was anyone else reminded of Light's "I'll take a potato chip... and eat it!" scene with the epic computer mouse and fast typing? XD

So I wasn't the only one...

Same here! xD

I liked the expansion of Mikado's character, but I felt this episode to be quite slow. I mean, it's definitely not my favorite but it did reveal some revealing parts. xD

The animation sucked, especially with Kida's face. So 3/5 for this episode.
Mar 12, 2010 9:04 PM

Aug 2009
garfield15 said:
Well think of it this way.

If it's this awesome now and it can keep this quality all the way (this each episode just about better than the last) just imagine how much win we're in for the future.
Haha. Over 9001 wins?... xP
Mar 12, 2010 9:57 PM

Oct 2009
DeathfireD said:
francismeunier said:
I am just curious as to how would a person like Mikado suddenly....
he did remind me a little of Izaya when he started to make the phone calls and internet search.....does he have a information network as good as Izaya might?

In the first episode he mentioned that he never left his home town and that he kind of grew scared of leaving. So I'm assuming he originally started Dollars just so he'd have like minded people (people that don't want to live normal lives) to talk to while he was home. It probably just grew over time. Essentially it would be like if you started an IRC chat room and started inviting people you knew who where into the same stuff as you. Then had them invite a random person and so on and so forth.

I'm sure there's some elaborate reason behind it though. The whole show has been using 6 degrees of separation so I'm sure they'll try and tie it into how Dollars was started.
Good to have you back DeathfireD....... I see so it's more in the direction of creating a social group that turns out into a gang that wants nothing to do with a normal living.....kind of like pure freedom? I am assuming something like that but in truth the real reason is what I want to know about.....the 6 degrees of separation....I did not really understand that but each degree has to do with a particular element of development?

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Mar 12, 2010 11:41 PM

Aug 2008
nicoliolipoli said:
I know! You have such a good point! The thing is, I reallyyyy wish ( as do other people im sure) that Durarara could go past these 24 episodes of epicness and be the start of a new popular on-going anime. But, it probably won't happen :(

.... no. when an anime becomes on-going, bad things happen. fillers are murderous, may i remind you.

ryugamine, an awesome name
Mar 12, 2010 11:57 PM
Jun 2008
Information is the greatest weapon in any war!!!!!!
Mar 13, 2010 12:04 AM

Dec 2009
Dang, didn't see that coming at all o.O
Mar 13, 2010 1:29 AM

Nov 2009
Durn said:

It sorta reminded me of that too! :P But did anyone else think that Mikado was going to say that he would be the God of the new world after his "I..."? The lighting was perfect, too. xD Gah...it reminded me of the scene too much.

Anyway, epic episode as usual. Izaya and his invisible motorcycle made my day and Selty's kick was better than anything Chuck Norris could do~ Can't wait for next episode after hearing what's going to happen next!

Slicing. I need you. ;ω;
Mar 13, 2010 2:39 AM

Oct 2009
Cenedess said:
Francis, if you're here and in a mood for GIF-making, please do one of Izaya mimicking Celty's motorbike xD
Of course and it's done for whoever wants it=>

Mar 13, 2010 3:45 AM

Jan 2008
You gotta watch the quiet ones... ALWAYS!
Mikado has revealed his true colours, which incidentally is none.
Could someone do a side-by-side of Mikado's lightning mouse and Light's lightning pen? :D Oh, and I'm already seeing an AMV Hell clip: Mikado: "Keikaku doori!" *Light's grin*

As for the Baccano as performed by Durarara cast...
Mikado as Jacuzzi Splot
Izaya as Ladd Russo
Shizuo as Claire Stanfield (these two are really pretty much interchangeable, I just put Shizzy as Claire because..)
Celty as Chane Laforet
Walker as Isaac Dian
Erika as Miria Harvent
Shinra as Maiza Avaro, or possibly Huey LaForet
Celty's head as Czeslaw "Thomas" Meyer (just got a feeling seeing as he was scared shitless before Celty)
Kida as Firo Prochainezo
Anri as Ennis (kinda sketchy but meh)
Simon as Luck Gandor
Yagiri Namie as Szilard Quates
Yagiri Seiji as Dallas Genoard, on the grounds that nobody likes them.

This list is of course freely debatable but if you sit down and think about it, the characters do sort of add up... Oh, and feel free to add characters/corrections if you want to :P

Edit: Deleted 'that nickname' as requested. It will still show in quotes tho :P
SentiNelMar 13, 2010 6:04 AM
Dem clubcards are big..

http://ilyasviel.mybrute.com
Mar 13, 2010 5:12 AM

Jul 2009
SentiNel said:
Could someone do a side-by-side of Mikado's lightning mouse and Light's lightning pen? :D Oh, and I'm already seeing an AMV Hell clip: Mikado: "Keikaku doori!" *Light's grin*

As for the Baccano as performed by Durarara cast...
Mikado as Jacuzzi Splot
Izaya as Ladd Russo
Shizuo as Claire "Rail Tracer" Stanfield (these two are really pretty much interchangeable, I just put Shizzy as Claire because..)
Celty as Chane Laforet
Walker as Isaac Dian
Erika as Miria Harvent
Shinra as Maiza Avaro, or possibly Huey LaForet
Celty's head as Czeslaw "Thomas" Meyer (just got a feeling seeing as he was scared shitless before Celty)
Kida as Firo Prochainezo
Anri as Ennis (kinda sketchy but meh)
Simon as Luck Gandor
Yagiri Namie as Szilard Quates
Yagiri Seiji as Dallas Genoard, on the grounds that nobody likes them.

This list is of course freely debatable but if you sit down and think about it, the characters do sort of add up... Oh, and feel free to add characters/corrections if you want to :P

LOL with your DurararaxBaccano comparison...I will join this game XD
Namie as Szilard,that old fart?I don't think so & she much like an evil version of Ennis (Namie VA is same as Ennis VA ^^)
Izaya as Ladd is quite wrong lol...he more like Claire with his mannerism & speech.
So does Shizuo...Graham Specter is much fitting him except he don't like violence.
Anri is a combination of Eve&Ennis personality.
Walker&Erika cheerful personality really remind me of Isaac&Miria but when they torturing people they much like Tick & Maria
Kida is definitely associated with Firo (I mean look at his hairstyle)
Seiji is Dallas is true...nobody likes him despite being lover-boy.
Kasuka is like Huey Laforet just with his appearance.

If some of the Baccano! cast especially the Immortals came to Japan & meet up with Durarara!! cast,that would be epically awesome.Graham Specter vs Shizuo anyone?
Kagura89Mar 13, 2010 5:22 AM
Mar 13, 2010 5:18 AM

Aug 2009
Damn, I want a Baccano/Durarara crossover even a quick cameo at the end or something
Mar 13, 2010 5:31 AM

Nov 2008
God damn it, I hate missing obvious clues, then reading about the twist on the net.
Anyways, does anyone know what Izaya's ringtone is?
I thought it might be that singer Togusa's a fan of, but it's not.

@Sentinel: Delete that nickname, it's a spoiler.
Mar 13, 2010 5:32 AM

Jul 2009
garfield15 said:
Damn, I want a Baccano/Durarara crossover even a quick cameo at the end or something

LOL that was awesome! Someone please ask Ryougo Narita to persuade Brains Base to include them in Durarara!! even in one-shot episode XD
Mar 13, 2010 6:20 AM

Jan 2008
Kagura89 said:
Namie as Szilard,that old fart?I don't think so & she much like an evil version of Ennis (Namie VA is same as Ennis VA ^^)

Well true, but she is an evil doctor mastermind.

Kagura89 said:
Izaya as Ladd is quite wrong lol...he more like Claire with his mannerism & speech.
So does Shizuo...Graham Specter is much fitting him except he don't like violence.

I had Izaya and Shizzy as Claire and Ladd, respectably at first (and they do seem to be more compatible that way). Like I said, I just switched them because of ShizzyXCelty and ClaireXChane relations. No marriage proposals from Shizuo yet tho
Kagura89 said:
Anri is a combination of Eve&Ennis personality.

Hmm, no arguments here..
Kagura89 said:
Walker&Erika cheerful personality really remind me of Isaac&Miria but when they torturing people they much like Tick & Maria

Gotta admit I was thinking of the cheerful type when I wrote this
Kagura89 said:
Kasuka is like Huey Laforet just with his appearance.

Got jack on him personality-wise though. Personality-wise Huey is a cold, calculating person, seeing his own daughter as a mere tool and whatnot. (Didn't Chane monologue that Claire was the only one who'd ever said that he loved her?)

Kagura89 said:
If some of the Baccano! cast especially the Immortals came to Japan & meet up with Durarara!! cast,that would be epically awesome.Graham Specter vs Shizuo anyone?

That would be a bit one-sided, don't you think? Seeing as Graham Spector was not immortal, he'd be nearing his 100th birthday or so..
Kagura89 said:

Do you know something we don't? Or do you mean via background?
Dem clubcards are big..

http://ilyasviel.mybrute.com
Mar 13, 2010 7:36 AM

Dec 2007
Finally watched ep.....it was perfect!! i NEED to watch next ep soon :D.....i got feeling that Ryuugamine is dollars leader.....or creator.....and its only playing in RL that he dont know about them.....or he dont....and in RL his character is like that.....hmm i see more ppl feel that way :P

btw his password is Baccano :P
SalathielMar 20, 2010 10:09 AM
[center]If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.
Mar 13, 2010 8:04 AM

Mar 2008
Good eps. ~Salathiel, you have very good hunch, because Mikado create Dollars ;)
KieRMar 13, 2010 8:23 AM
Mar 13, 2010 9:38 AM
May 2008
Quite the twist... wasn't expecting Mikado to be anymore than a weak side character far from the action. So this is something I'm glad took place, since I actually liked his character regardless, so giving him a bigger role... EPIC!!!
Dead Account
Please Delete
Mar 13, 2010 10:04 AM

Oct 2009
O.o Mikado is the leader of dollars? I realy didn't expect that xD
That was a great episode...

Mar 13, 2010 10:07 AM

Aug 2009
SentiNel said:
Kagura89 said:

Do you know something we don't? Or do you mean via background?

Yes...is there something you're hiding from us?
Mar 13, 2010 12:29 PM

Mar 2010
Can't trust anyone with a grinning Izaya avatar.
Mar 13, 2010 1:40 PM

Sep 2008
SentiNel said:

I think Mikado's mouse and Mikami's "SAKUJO!" is better.

Mar 13, 2010 1:53 PM

Oct 2009
mel said:
SentiNel said:

I think Mikado's mouse and Mikami's "SAKUJO!" is better.

Nice Mikado mouse movement GIF (don't have that one so I save it! :P ) but what is the other one? Who is that? Mikado mouse movement looks light speed fast! O.O

Mar 13, 2010 1:56 PM

Jun 2009
francismeunier said:
Nice Mikado mouse movement GIF (don't have that one so I save it! :P ) but what is the other one? Who is that? Mikado mouse movement looks light speed fast! O.O

Second on is from Death Note.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 13, 2010 2:42 PM

Nov 2008
did anyone else notice that mikado's password was baccano?
Mar 13, 2010 2:57 PM

Jul 2009
WTFNinja said:

Heh so you were talking about me fufufu~
I just saying what is indeed true but can't tell much detail because that will ruin the fun.Internet is your friend,use it wisely to find what you seek.
LOL I feel myself as a Izaya,playing words with some of you XD
Mar 13, 2010 3:25 PM
Dec 2008
dam this anime is getting SOOOO good

railgun reference was hilarious

mikado being a part of the dollars is finally being shown at last
i truly wonder how this anime will continue on
the story seems to be so crazy

durarara is just good
Mar 13, 2010 3:58 PM

Feb 2008
Rakuen42 said:
This series just keeps getting better and better. For all of you still uncertain about Mikado's role...
Right. I'm surprise people are surprise about "that." Stumbled upon it a long time ago...
it's not very surprising seeing as
also Izaya did came to look for "someone" on the 3rd episode. :'P hehe
If only Shizu-chan hadn't butted in...I bet he would've mention something about it to Mikado. x'3

mel said:
Use common sense people.
Apparently...it's not called "Common sense" anymore. "Rare sense" more likely. xD

Durn said:
HOLY SHIT!! I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO THOUGHT SO!!!! xDDDDDDD ROFLMFAO!! -dies- xDD

aloper said:
I specifically paused just to see that password. xD

Mar 13, 2010 4:01 PM

Mar 2010
Kagura89 said:
WTFNinja said:

Heh so you were talking about me fufufu~
I just saying what is indeed true but can't tell much detail because that will ruin the fun.Internet is your friend,use it wisely to find what you seek.
LOL I feel myself as a Izaya,playing words with some of you XD

I try to, but I never find anything. Maybe it's just Google. I WANT to be spoiled and know what happens, but I can't even find simple synopses of the Light Novels. WAAAAAA.
Mar 13, 2010 4:20 PM

Aug 2009
aloper said:

They showed that waaaaaay back dude.
Mar 13, 2010 5:01 PM

Jun 2008
finally, :D
Mar 13, 2010 6:16 PM

Oct 2007
Great show. Most of the main cast is excellent and hilarious*looks at Celty and Izaya* and pieces are finally coming together. Mikado got alot of GAR points in that last two minutes.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Mar 13, 2010 6:24 PM

May 2009
I was just as delighted as Izaya during Mikado's reveal. And this is only episode 10. Loving this!
Mar 13, 2010 7:42 PM

Sep 2007
xD I think Mikado just SHOT up and claimed the spot for "my most fav character in the show" for me. lol....

DARN YOU CLIFFHANGER!!!!!!!!!!!

Although for some reason... Mikado, Izaya, Celty in a group was just like...WOW I wouldn't mind seeing those three characters together more 8D
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Mar 13, 2010 9:17 PM

Aug 2007
Very good episode, everything is coming together, so I have a feeling things are gonna be kicked up a notch in 11.

Quite excited!

Mar 13, 2010 9:47 PM
Feb 2009
awsommme omfg last little bit, loks like Mikado is finally goin to take actionss
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

francismeunier - Apr 22, 2010

234 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usami-Haru - Mar 18, 2010

456 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Proselyt - Jan 14, 2010

331 by Karva1 »»
Apr 19, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

katzenjammer - Feb 18, 2010

299 by Kurkitos »»
Feb 5, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

205 by dr_hydrangea »»
Jan 31, 4:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.