Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 15, 2010 2:35 PM

Oct 2007
I know this is always happened in popular series of the season. You know it is not a bad thing to have people who have read the manga/novel to come into anime discussion. But the thing is they are doing it wrong way they are using information from manga/novel to involve in this anime discussion. Which is why I tried to avoid reading anything from people I don't know to avoid spoiler. If you guys really want to help us who is anime only, you can give a direction/information that is actually happened in the anime NOT the manga/novel one.

As for the conversation in Dollars chat, they are barely give anything real information and we can't just pinpoint anything by something so vaguely. And the narration from Mikado only give us information as much as he spilled out and really has nothing to do with his reaction at the end of this episode. And the people just assume he is the leader of Dollars which is something I don't buy it.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Mar 15, 2010 3:34 PM

Jul 2009
Siva said:
I know this is always happened in popular series of the season. You know it is not a bad thing to have people who have read the manga/novel to come into anime discussion. But the thing is they are doing it wrong way they are using information from manga/novel to involve in this anime discussion. Which is why I tried to avoid reading anything from people I don't know to avoid spoiler. If you guys really want to help us who is anime only, you can give a direction/information that is actually happened in the anime NOT the manga/novel one.

As for the conversation in Dollars chat, they are barely give anything real information and we can't just pinpoint anything by something so vaguely. And the narration from Mikado only give us information as much as he spilled out and really has nothing to do with his reaction at the end of this episode. And the people just assume he is the leader of Dollars which is something I don't buy it.

Yeah I know some people would doubt him as the leader or creator of Dollars even after watching this episode.The hints given are not too strong to convince some people that he's very important to Dollars.Unless the anime will tells us the creation of Dollars & who are the creator in upcoming episode.Until there is no definite conformation that Mikado is the leader in the anime,he at this point just a member of Dollars,albeit a special one at least to Izaya.
Mar 15, 2010 3:58 PM

Aug 2009
lol password for dollars is baccano.
Mar 15, 2010 4:10 PM

Dec 2009
Kagura89 said:
Siva said:

Yeah I know some people would doubt him as the leader or creator of Dollars even after watching this episode.The hints given are not too strong to convince some people that he's very important to Dollars.Unless the anime will tells us the creation of Dollars & who are the creator in upcoming episode.Until there is no definite conformation that Mikado is the leader in the anime,he at this point just a member of Dollars,albeit a special one at least to Izaya.
yes!there are indeed many reasons to doubt. i could make a list, but i will try to restrain myself :D
Mar 15, 2010 8:38 PM
Feb 2010
To hell with everyone who didn't add a spoiler tag! >:(

Oh, great! That REALLY made my day... >_> Even though I enjoyed this episode a lot, especially the last scene, the guys in the 1st page just HAD to spoil it!

I'm so pissed! Maybe I should freaking report the one who started the spoiler without a tag! Aaargh! >:(

And on top of that, they're trying to spoil other anime as well! >_<

Assholes!
Mar 15, 2010 8:41 PM

Jan 2009
Julio-sama said:

Oh, great! That REALLY made my day... >_> Even though I enjoyed this episode a lot, especially the last scene, the guys in the 1st page just HAD to spoil it!

I'm so pissed! Maybe I should freaking report the one who started the spoiler without a tag! Aaargh! >:(

Assholes!

You can't undo what's been done. You can't erase it from your memory so just keep quiet.
My brain: Yorozuya Gin-chan -> Yozakura Quartet = Yorozuya Quartet (this is how much Gintama has affected me).
Mar 15, 2010 8:50 PM
Feb 2010
msdoodles said:
Julio-sama said:

Assholes!

You can't undo what's been done. You can't erase it from your memory so just keep quiet.

And I will!

Damn! I still can't believe it... >_>
Mar 16, 2010 5:19 AM

Oct 2007
Well I better stop digging it any deeper or I will see my own grave >_<

Thanks for the info, Kagura89.

Mar 16, 2010 7:11 AM

Aug 2009
So wait, Mikado might not be leader of dollars?...

I just thought it was since everyone was just crying out 'omg mikadooo's dollazu bosss ohnoez!!'.

Then I rewatched episode... it sure says nothing about mikado being a leader, but we can still assume that he is in extremely important position as a dollars, and Izaya came even 'TWICE' wasting his time stumping everything, just to see Mikado. He looked professional, and his mouse skillz were fiery. He presses phone like mad. I think those are enough reasoning for Mikado being leader of dollars, since the only 'special' position we know that dollars has is... leader position.

If he isn't dollars leader... It doesn't make sense for me... :/
Mar 16, 2010 10:26 AM

Jun 2009
ringoo4 said:
Then I rewatched episode... it sure says nothing about mikado being a leader, but we can still assume that he is in extremely important position as a dollars, and Izaya came even 'TWICE' wasting his time stumping everything, just to see Mikado. He looked professional, and his mouse skillz were fiery. He presses phone like mad. I think those are enough reasoning for Mikado being leader of dollars, since the only 'special' position we know that dollars has is... leader position.

It's confusing, listening to Mikado's storytelling, we can be sure he isn't even a part of Dollars...
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 16, 2010 11:12 AM

Oct 2008
Did anyone notice the password on his computer was Baccano ?
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
Mar 16, 2010 11:19 AM

Jun 2009
Animaniac123 said:
Did anyone notice the password on his computer was Baccano ?

Like 90% of ppl who watched this episode? -_-"
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 16, 2010 11:23 AM

Oct 2007
You shouldn't listen to the spoiler here, there is nothing really confirmed about Mikado deeply involve with Dollars in the anime. What was happening at the end was just a surprising moment, everything could be right or wrong. The best thing to do is waiting for the next episode.

Mar 16, 2010 11:55 AM

Dec 2009
ringoo4 said:
So wait, Mikado might not be leader of dollars?...

I just thought it was since everyone was just crying out 'omg mikadooo's dollazu bosss ohnoez!!'.

there was a very good reason for izaya to visit mikado, regardless of what is mikado's position in dollars:

in episode 9, izaya is texting with celty's-head/harima (what do we call this person?). we know that it is izaya texting her because they show him texting using the name "nakura" (this is the same name he used with the suicidal girl in ep.2). celty's-head/harima tells izaya/nakura that she is at mikado's apartment. so, if izaya is looking for her he would have known to find mikado.

izaya may have had other suspicions about mikado, but that ^ would have been reason enough :D
Mar 16, 2010 8:18 PM

May 2008
Ohhh yeah, I really loved this episode. For me it was like one big effing cliffhanger.

Although I knew about Mikado (couldn't help myself from the spoilers. ><;;), it was delivered so fricken epic-ly. I'm also intersted in the new guy, seems pretty interesting.

My gosh, I was loling so much when after Celty's badass roundhouse kick it shows Izaya jumping up and down on him. XD He looked just like a little kid on a trampoline.

I can definitely feel this anime's climax, it's just radiating! So can't wait for ep. 11.
Mar 17, 2010 10:19 AM

Nov 2008
Wow, best episode so far. This show just went to a 9/10 for me.

Things are coming together but I still don't know what the Dollars really are and what they do. I kind of have an idea but I'm skeptical. And there is people that I still don't know their true intentions.

Can't wait for next episode! One of the best shows so far this season!
Mar 17, 2010 11:47 AM

Jun 2008
I know that probably a few other people already said this but that was AWESOME.
I just love this show. In a year with almost nothing to get excited about this show is like an oasis in the desert.

So Mikado became scary and awesome at the end. What does that mean? Are you guys serious that he could be the leader of Dollars? That's so awesome. But why the hell was he pretending that he doesn't know nothing? The other dollars seemed quite honest about it.

BTW Mikado figured things out but what role does the crazy red eye girl with the knife plays? He didn't have her in his thoughts.
I really hope the subs come out fast for the 11 episode i just can't wait.
Mar 17, 2010 12:03 PM

Aug 2009
^^That reminds me, I wonder where the Slasher has been lately.
Mar 17, 2010 1:01 PM

Sep 2009
garfield15 said:

Good point, it has been a few episodes.

Anyone got any theories about the slasher?
Mar 17, 2010 1:22 PM
Feb 2010
Lind_L_Tailor said:
garfield15 said:

The Slasher slashed Celty's head! >_>

Seriously, I think that maybe the Slasher is one of those urban legends like Celty. Remember that episode where they confronted each other? They both had red eyes (though not literally. Red eyes were added to emphasize that they're both monsters or whatever).

But I want to know more about the Slasher as well. Maybe after this arc is over, they can focus on the Slasher's character. ^_^
Mar 17, 2010 2:01 PM

Jun 2008
Julio-sama said:
Lind_L_Tailor said:
garfield15 said:

Seriously, I think that maybe the Slasher is one of those urban legends like Celty. Remember that episode where they confronted each other? They both had red eyes (though not literally. Red eyes were added to emphasize that they're both monsters or whatever).

But I want to know more about the Slasher as well. Maybe after this arc is over, they can focus on the Slasher's character. ^_^

Sometimes people don't realize the things they see. Celty doesn't have a head how the hell would she have eyes. The eyes you saw are slashers mirrored in Celty's visor helmet not her own eyes.

garfield15 said:

Remind you? Isn't that exactly what i basically said? What's up with slasher?
Mar 17, 2010 2:48 PM

Jul 2008
Mikado finally showed us what we've all been waiting for. Now, I want to see more of that. *_*
Mar 17, 2010 3:22 PM

Aug 2009
Monad said:

Sorry. I was just agreeing with you because I totally forgot.
Mar 17, 2010 5:08 PM

Oct 2009
Anyone else notice that Mikado's password is baccano?

This episode made me laugh so much! Yay for comedy! And the story's picking up too!
Mar 17, 2010 7:35 PM

Aug 2009
My theory on slasher. Since it will ruin some of the enjoying views if I'm correct, it's in spoiler. Reminder that I have never read manga or novel of drrr before.

Mar 17, 2010 9:21 PM

Jul 2009
MashedTater said:

This episode made me laugh so much! Yay for comedy! And the story's picking up too!

Seriously,how much people say "notice what Mikado password are" in this episode.Back in episode 6 it is already shown =_=;;
ringoo4 said:
My theory on slasher. Since it will ruin some of the enjoying views if I'm correct, it's in spoiler. Reminder that I have never read manga or novel of drrr before.

That makes sense to me for my anime watcher pov.I will not say you are right or wrong although I read the novel.That would be interesting if it turn out to be true.
Mar 17, 2010 9:22 PM

Jun 2008
OH GODS YES YES THIS EPISODE WAS AWESOME
especially the last few minutes of mikado epic-ness. I've been watching and rewinding and watching that part for god knows how many times.
and Izaya is just precious <3
Mar 17, 2010 10:58 PM

Oct 2009
Kagura89 said:
MashedTater said:

Seriously,how much people say "notice what Mikado password are" in this episode.Back in episode 6 it is already shown =_=;;
ringoo4 said:

That makes sense to me for my anime watcher pov.I will not say you are right or wrong although I read the novel.That would be interesting if it turn out to be true.

One thing for sure she is part of that guy who does journalism that Shizuo punched with that Darker than Black second season reference. That guy went in the place and the girl in it looked too familiar in that scene from a previous episode where that journalist got in as his place:

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Mar 18, 2010 2:31 AM
Jan 2010
Hahaha, the Slasher topic has returned again.

But you know, after repeated viewings of episode 5, it's seems that:

The person who stabbed Selty is not the same person who made blood splatters of those Yellow Scarves.

Seems like there are two Slashers.
I'd elaborate more, if people around here wanted.
Mar 18, 2010 3:10 AM

Jan 2010
gardeniia said:

The person who stabbed Selty is not the same person who made blood splatters of those Yellow Scarves.

Go ahead. C:<
Mar 18, 2010 5:52 AM

Sep 2009
gardeniia said:

Please do... you've piqued my interest.
Mar 18, 2010 7:58 AM

Jun 2009
Awesome episode!! Mikado is being involve now in this story line. But the theme of that Urban legend becoming soft, it wasn't being horror-like personality
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Mar 18, 2010 10:19 AM

Jan 2009
Lind_L_Tailor said:
gardeniia said:

Please do... you've piqued my interest.

View spoiler at your own risk.

I just need gardeniia to confirm this because I've forgotten.
niiicaMar 18, 2010 10:58 AM
My brain: Yorozuya Gin-chan -> Yozakura Quartet = Yorozuya Quartet (this is how much Gintama has affected me).
Mar 18, 2010 3:19 PM

Oct 2009
msdoodles said:

O_O at the spoiler......it's nuts and so is the sword! How did that happen to be with that person? Family heirloom?

Mar 18, 2010 4:10 PM
Feb 2010
Monad said:
Julio-sama said:
Lind_L_Tailor said:
garfield15 said:

Sometimes people don't realize the things they see. Celty doesn't have a head how the hell would she have eyes. The eyes you saw are slashers mirrored in Celty's visor helmet not her own eyes.

garfield15 said:

That's why I said it wasn't LITERALLY her eyes. I know that she doesn't have a head. What I didn't know is that it was the Slasher's eyes reflected in her helmet. XP I overlooked that... :|
Mar 18, 2010 4:14 PM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:
msdoodles said:

O_O at the spoiler......it's nuts and so is the sword! How did that happen to be with that person? Family heirloom?

As usual,I will pm you about that because thats quite a major spoilers.
Mar 18, 2010 5:15 PM
Jan 2010
msdoodles said:

I can't confirm your spoiler, because 1) I didn't look at it because I didn't want to be spoiled, and 2) Even if I'd read it, I'd have no idea whether it's right or not. I haven't read the light novels and I haven't gone searching for spoilers on this subject, so I'm pretty much clueless as to what the 'confirmed facts' are. The only reason I know there are at least 2 Slashers comes from my own speculation, careful viewing, and screenshots.

For me, the fun of watching a show like Durarara!! is coming up with theories and trying to figure things out for yourself or discussing with a bunch of people. So, I just wanted to share what I've figured out about the Slasher to people who might be intrigued.

For people who already know the answers, I don't want to know them.

Note: For screenshots, click 'show spoiler'.

So, as I mentioned earlier, the girl who stabbed Selty was not the same person who stabbed those Yellow Scarves. Time for the proof.

Here is a screenshot of the girl who stabbed Selty. As we can clearly see, she has short hair, a short skirt, and a long katana-like sword. Personally, I think she looks a lot like Anri...

But Miss. Yellow-Scarves-Stabber:

Has long swishy brown hair, a longer dress, and a shorter blade like a dagger. At the end of the episode, we see a girl, also with long brown hair, on her computer. I'm pretty confident these two are the same person.

Moments before this scene, we see that writer who was asking about Ikebukuro's Strongest (a brief flash of his card shows his name to be Shuji Niekawa) coming home calling the brown-haired girl on the laptop. He calls her Haruna.

As Kida warns Anri in episode 5, that perverted teacher who's eyeing her hooked up with another student before, a junior by the name of Haruna Niekawa.

So, to sum it all up: Haruna Niekawa is the girl on the laptop, the same girl who had a relationship with that teacher, and probably the Slasher of those Yellow Scarves. There isn't much we can use to guess who Selty-Stabber is, except for the silhouette, and just basing it on that I think she looks rather like Anri.

The thing is, both Slashers have those glowing red eyes, so it's easy to just group them together and think of them as the same 'Slasher'.

But as these display, they clearly aren't.

PS: Gosh that was long.
Mar 18, 2010 5:30 PM

Jan 2009
gardeniia said:
msdoodles said:

I can't confirm your spoiler, because 1) I didn't look at it because I didn't want to be spoiled, and 2) Even if I'd read it, I'd have no idea whether it's right or not. I haven't read the light novels and I haven't gone searching for spoilers on this subject, so I'm pretty much clueless as to what the 'confirmed facts' are. The only reason I know there are at least 2 Slashers comes from my own speculation, careful viewing, and screenshots.

For me, the fun of watching a show like Durarara!! is coming up with theories and trying to figure things out for yourself or discussing with a bunch of people. So, I just wanted to share what I've figured out about the Slasher to people who might be intrigued.

So, as I mentioned earlier, the girl who stabbed Selty was not the same person who stabbed those Yellow Scarves. Time for the proof.

Here is a screenshot of the girl who stabbed Selty. As we can clearly see, she has short hair, a short skirt, and a long katana-like sword. Personally, I think she looks a lot like Anri...

Has long swishy brown hair, a longer dress, and a shorter blade like a dagger. At the end of the episode, we see a girl, also with long brown hair, on her computer. I'm pretty confident these two are the same person.

Moments before this scene, we see that writer who was asking about Ikebukuro's Strongest (a brief flash of his card shows his name to be Shuji Niekawa) coming home calling the brown-haired girl on the laptop. He calls her Haruna.

As Kida warns Anri in episode 5, that perverted teacher who's eyeing her hooked up with another student before, a junior by the name of Haruna Niekawa.

So, to sum it all up: Haruna Niekawa is the girl on the laptop, the same girl who had a relationship with that teacher, and probably the Slasher of those Yellow Scarves. There isn't much we can use to guess who Selty-Stabber is, except for the silhouette, and just basing it on that I think she looks rather like Anri.

The thing is, both Slashers have those glowing red eyes, so it's easy to just group them together and think of them as the same 'Slasher'.

I see. Well, never mind my spoiler then, lol.

I doubt people would notice the two different Slashers at first glance because it's dark and some people focus on the subs. Great deduction, though. But I don't want to say anything anymore lol.
Mar 18, 2010 7:36 PM

Mar 2009
This episode was awesome. The most stunning thing about this episode was Mikado!! :D I am still STUNNED he is the head of Dollars Group. That is so unbelievable because you look at the guy, and think: "Okay, he's just a kid that isn't anything special." Jeez... I was DEAD wrong. He is just plain awesome like Shiza and Izaya. Can't wait until tomorrow and Episode 11. ---- Randy
Mar 19, 2010 3:16 AM

Oct 2009
gardeniia said:
msdoodles said:

At least my hunch was good to suspect that girl at the laptop being a slasher...oh well.

Mar 19, 2010 5:29 AM

Oct 2008
Kyaa~ Had a fan girl moment at the end when Mikado showed his true characters.

WOOO this series is going down a good path. :)

And wow, his password was Bacanno.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Mar 19, 2010 9:08 PM

May 2007
Oh wow, did not see that coming. I enjoy that twist.
My anime list
Mar 19, 2010 11:36 PM

Jul 2007
It seemed like Mikado might lose his mind from everything he was learning but guess not. The ending was surprising, his personality did a 180.
And he turns out to be a Dollars member after all. loled @ his password.

Also, Izaya is still as awesome as ever. His entrance was hilarious.
Mar 20, 2010 2:45 AM

Feb 2010
My respect for Mikado has risen 200% in this episode. And Izaya kicks plenty of ass, like usual.

Togusa reacting at scratched car = WIN

Mar 20, 2010 10:30 AM

May 2009
lol Mikado is really involved now and why did Izaya say jackpot... im guessing he planned everything to happen and hes pulling the strings for everything that is happening
Mar 24, 2010 1:16 PM

Feb 2008
I still like how Mikado's dollars password was Baccano
Mar 25, 2010 11:54 PM

Jul 2008
Izaya and Selty interacting was awesome. I really like the older characters. ♥

BEGINNER
Mar 26, 2010 6:55 PM

Jul 2009
The password was Baccano lmfao. I love little references like these.
Mar 29, 2010 4:30 AM

Mar 2009
Good to see Mikado finally doing something.

And of course, whenever Izaya appears, it's always awesome.
Mar 30, 2010 9:20 PM

Oct 2007
booyaa!

thats definately a Canaan kick!

Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Proselyt - Jan 14, 2010

330 by Beatnik »»
Feb 25, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

katzenjammer - Feb 18, 2010

299 by Kurkitos »»
Feb 5, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

205 by dr_hydrangea »»
Jan 31, 4:32 AM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usami-Haru - Mar 18, 2010

455 by ryzxgum »»
Jan 19, 11:09 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Mar 31, 2010

336 by 2life »»
Nov 29, 2023 3:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.