Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 20, 2017 9:05 AM

Nov 2014
ImAWeebUwU said:
Is this like a sequel or a remake?

Remake as far as I know.
Sep 20, 2017 9:07 AM

Mar 2015
New adaptation = all memories from old adaptation are deleted, and fans forced to watch newest adaptation. Poor souls.
This is fujoshi reality, so i'm not surprised. Some fanservice with Leinhardo and Ziegfriedo incoming.
Sep 20, 2017 9:10 AM

Jun 2013
I'm just thankful the new character designs are not drastically different from the OVA. Based on what is revealed though it seems like it will take years for them to adapt the entire series if that's ever their intention. Since the new adaptation will be 12 episodes and covering Volume 1 it will most likely end with the Battle of Amritsar as the climax (episodes 15-16 in the OVA). Lots of room to wow the audience with today graphics and might even lull newcomers with a sense of completion. But those who have already watched the OVA will have to endure even longer once again for the rest of the story. >.>
Sep 20, 2017 9:20 AM

Nov 2012
Oh wow, it actually looks pretty dope.
Sep 20, 2017 9:45 AM
Sep 2015
fevorite anime remake? ruined. RUINED. all the character designs and the art suck I don't think I will watch this. I wish I didn't even see this shit.
Sep 20, 2017 9:45 AM

Feb 2014
That PV was awesome. I loved the original and to see it with some updated visuals is just gravy. Are people really complaining about the character designs - of course they will reflect current anime trends (LOL what you expect).
Sep 20, 2017 9:48 AM

Mar 2017
The VAs don't feel majestic and the characters sure look pretty..bishounen.

But my main qualm is the length of the show. Compiling a 110 + 2 movies calls for disaster. If there are testing the market for a positive response, I won't blame them. But I will definately not forgive them if they leave this remake incomplete.
Sep 20, 2017 9:51 AM

Apr 2013
First announcement in a while that I'm looking forward to
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Sep 20, 2017 9:54 AM

Apr 2015
At the back of my mind I had the feeling that this remake was going to turn out into a complete bummer, but now after looking at the staff, character design, VA, animation, etc. I can't be more letdown than I already am "sigh".
Sep 20, 2017 9:56 AM

Jul 2007
eXtacy67 said:
That PV was awesome. I loved the original and to see it with some updated visuals is just gravy. Are people really complaining about the character designs - of course they will reflect current anime trends (LOL what you expect).

Endride is not current anime trends. Anime industry might be bad but it is not low-budget fujobait shows level of bad yet.

The character designs in this remake are literally uninspired mess that looks as generic as it can. There's not a semblance of personality in them.
Sep 20, 2017 9:59 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Art and casting seems fine to me. The length on the other hand...
Sep 20, 2017 10:04 AM
Jul 2015
The old adaptation covers all the source material.[/quote]
Thanks for the info. Guess I will just watch the old one.
Lemon said:
Yang's voice sounds like it belongs on Dusty.

Kircheis looks like he's having a bad hair decade. Get the man some volumizers or a daily blowdry appointment stat.

So excited for this trainwreck. The originals were more than bad enough art and animation-wise but those ugly CG blobs and gakuen handsome chins bring strong competition. I wasn't a fan of the writing either and from the looks of it that's not gonna change much this time round.

JonasTheJay said:
This doesn't look half bad, to be honest. I hope this will actually be a complete adaptation of the novel.

They're going to adapt 2 or 3 books max and then let this die, provided it doesn't immediately burn up after this set of projects. I'm calling it.

Avi-nash said:
So will they be adapting 1 vol of the in all those movies and tv series..... i checked up on mal and its listed that novel has 10 vol.
I want to know if that old adaptation covers the whole source material....??
cuz if thats the case i might as well watch that one rather than endlessly waiting for an incomplete adaptation...

The old adaptation covers all the source material.

Thanks for info. Guess i'll just watch the old one
Sep 20, 2017 10:09 AM

Oct 2008
Anime was a mistake.
Sep 20, 2017 10:24 AM
Jul 2018
The characters design is so much I.G's style.
The possibility of being a hit or miss by every matter sure is present; but still - tone down your repulsive pessimism MAL, ffs.
Sep 20, 2017 10:39 AM

Feb 2015
Well... at least the CG looks good...
Sep 20, 2017 10:41 AM
May 2017
ヽ(=´▽`=)ノ
Good!!
Sep 20, 2017 10:48 AM

Jan 2017
looks decent. but it's too short. i will watch the old one first.

and lol at the comments about the character designs here. the characters looked like bishounens in the old anime too.

Sep 20, 2017 10:49 AM

Jul 2014
Gotta admit, I'm underwhelmed by this PV...
Sep 20, 2017 10:51 AM

Dec 2012
Swagernator said:
And it's even more gay than previous one.
That's simply not possible.
Sep 20, 2017 10:55 AM

Aug 2014
So this is straight up the KnB crew. Good thing I had no expectations to begin with.
Sieg Zeon!
Sep 20, 2017 10:58 AM

Aug 2013
Atrocious, cancerish 3DCG. Meh^2. I would rather watch the original with beautiful hand drawn animation
Reinhard said:
Well... at least the CG looks good...

Did I watch different PV?
rsc-plSep 20, 2017 11:02 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 20, 2017 11:05 AM
Jul 2018
Neat PV! I think Yang's design fit well but... I am 'little' dissapointed to see our Golden brat's design :'(

Anyway they are taking their time to give us a decent show and HOPEFULLY! by next year all LOGH shows will dominate the MAL's top 10!
Sep 20, 2017 11:07 AM

Oct 2008
YES!!!! I'm so excited for this!!

I'm currently watching the original series, and I'm only on episode 27, but I'm completely in love with this series!!

I don't care if this is a remake or additional side story, I'm just glad I'll have more to look forward to watching after I finish the original series. So happy!
Sep 20, 2017 11:44 AM
May 2015
I've heard about this story, it's pretty epic. I'll take a look at the old anime and keep an eye on this anime.

I also find it curious that Mamoru Miyano is doing Ryo Horikawa's role. It's Light taking Vegeta's role, so I find it in a sense a little intriguing.

Haneken2086Sep 20, 2017 11:47 AM
Sep 20, 2017 11:45 AM

Mar 2013
I started watching this original anime this year and I'm almost halfway through. The character designs might be a bit plain but so long as they stay true to their personalities, I won't mind.

Also, I think I might just die waiting for this to air ...
Sep 20, 2017 12:07 PM

Aug 2016
Bet this anime will get a score below 7.00 simply because cancer elitists believe their fav anime is "untouchable". For me, this looks like the proper remake I was waiting for so far, so I will give it a big chance.
MichaelJacksonSep 20, 2017 2:19 PM
:v
Sep 20, 2017 12:15 PM

Feb 2014
LOL I thought Production I G would bring out their big guns to produce this series. But turns out, with 12 fucking episodes and 3 movies, along with the director of Kuroko no Basket and Prince of Tennis, they're probably treating this as just a side project to make some quick bucks.
Sep 20, 2017 12:22 PM

Apr 2009
Still very sceptical, but let us hope for the best....
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Sep 20, 2017 12:24 PM

Jan 2009
i do not mind the galactic pretty boy character designs but damn only 12 episodes? while the old show have 100 episodes? no thanks not gonna bother with this franchise then, i expect 50 episodes for a remake at least
Sep 20, 2017 12:26 PM

Sep 2013
Space battles looks amazing. As for everything else... Why? Why you gotta do us like that?
And I was excited about this...
Sep 20, 2017 12:30 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
As a big fan of the original show and reader of the novels, I have to say that I'm not too sure about this. How the feck do you top what Artland did? I question why they are doing this. It's not going to be a big seller and it's not the kind of story that will draw many new viewers in in 2017, unless they crank the fujjobait up to 11.

The seiyu's are ok I suppose and the character designs are pretty average but par for the course. The CG looks pretty bad though.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 20, 2017 12:35 PM
Nov 2010
Well, I like how the ships and backgrounds are done, as well as the people. The main characters look a bit weird, though. The old adaptation also had character designs geared towards the female audience, by the way.

I don't know what they're planning to do with the 12 episodes + 3 movies. Hopefully they aren't planning to make some mess.
Sep 20, 2017 12:38 PM

Jul 2010
Pretty much the only thing I like about this PV is the ships designs and those backgrounds look gorgeous but not even are the character designs pretty bad but there is some CG in it too? Oh well, guess can't judge too much on a PV but not really hyped for this...
Sep 20, 2017 12:41 PM

Jul 2015
I'll probably watch it just because I'm too lazy to pick up the original. In that sense I don't mind the short length, though fans of the original will probably be disappointed. I don't really like Miyano's voice in this, and I wish they had chosen different character designs. I imagined that they'd look more like the characters from Aldnoah Zero and less like basketball players.
Sep 20, 2017 12:48 PM

Oct 2010
I'm not bitching. LOGH is one of the worst animated shows ever despite its fancy art style. Lol its so bad to look at today. I'm fine with the new approach, just hope the story gets enough time. This way of handling the budget reminds me of what is happening with Yamato these days. Slowly release films sort of like OVA format.
Sep 20, 2017 12:52 PM

Oct 2013
Meh, I will stick to the original. Also lol at that shoujo looking character design.
Sep 20, 2017 1:46 PM

Jun 2014
keragamming said:
Meh, I will stick to the original. Also lol at that shoujo looking character design.

I didn't know that Kuroko no Basket was Shoujo.

Sep 20, 2017 1:53 PM
Aug 2016
Daliesk said:
Bet this anime will get an score below 7.00 simply because cancer elitists believe their fav anime is "untouchable". For me, this looks like the proper remake I was waiting for so far, so I will give it a big chance.
lol " cancer elitist " wow you must feel so good about yourself. Anyways,I am one of those cancer elitists who will actually give the show a chance. I'll admit, I'm not too fond about the character designs and CGI but I'm willing to give the show a try. I'm the same way about this for everything tbh. Citrus, one of the my favorite yuri manga is has got a anime adaptation and I'm not to fond of the art style and animation. Still though, I'm going to give it a try.
Sep 20, 2017 1:54 PM

Sep 2014
I don't like the new designs. I guess Reinhard is ok but I prefer the more detailed, charming drawings in the OVA by far. Anyways, it's only going to be 12 episodes (and another 12 episodes as movie trilogy I guess) anyways. I suppose I can stop to care. I will watch it when it airs but I'm not holding my breath anymore. What they revealed is a lot less terrible as I feared it might be but it's also a lot more underwhelming than I hoped it would be.
Sep 20, 2017 1:55 PM
Jul 2014
Well I guess I'm just going to watch the original instead. After all this time and it's only going to be 12 episodes, plus 3 films(of 4 episodes each) in 2019. If that's all they're really going to do then I see no reason to watch this before the original from the 80's.

Edit: Even if they end up doing more later, it's just too long of a wait imo.
GrimmgetaSep 20, 2017 1:59 PM
Sep 20, 2017 1:58 PM
Jul 2018
Eh, I'm not really impressed. The characters just look a little bit too generic imo. I'm somewhat afraid to see what they'll do to Mittenmeyer, Oberstein and Reuenthal.
Sep 20, 2017 2:14 PM

Aug 2016
Katholic said:
Daliesk said:
Bet this anime will get an score below 7.00 simply because cancer elitists believe their fav anime is "untouchable". For me, this looks like the proper remake I was waiting for so far, so I will give it a big chance.
lol " cancer elitist " wow you must feel so good about yourself. Anyways,I am one of those cancer elitists who will actually give the show a chance. I'll admit, I'm not too fond about the character designs and CGI but I'm willing to give the show a try. I'm the same way about this for everything tbh. Citrus, one of the my favorite yuri manga is has got a anime adaptation and I'm not to fond of the art style and animation. Still though, I'm going to give it a try.

yes, i feel good about myself

and you are not a "cancer elitist" till you start sh*tting on everybody else´s taste. Maybe just a person with a non-maisntream opinion in general terms.

:v
Sep 20, 2017 3:03 PM

Apr 2009
They managed to come up with designs that look even more like a work of a random fujoshi picked off the streets than the original. That's at least one big achievement already, eh.
Sep 20, 2017 3:07 PM

Feb 2015
I hate the chara design(but it was to be expected). Yang's VA doesn't fit. Also isn't yang supposed to be 30+? Why does he look like he's 18?
Will have to adapt to reinhard't new voice, but I'm not fond of it either.

Only thing that may be better are the space battles (no more blue lasers), but I'm dropping this so hard if they ruin reuenthal and mittermeyer.

And I hope mal won't change the character's pictures. Having the new faces on my profile would trigger me to no end.
rahillimitciSep 20, 2017 3:12 PM
Sep 20, 2017 3:31 PM

Mar 2013
I'm still quite ambivalent about this, although think I might have judged this adaptation too soon when I read the news this morning. I'm not Miyano Mamoru's biggest fan, so I was a bit disappointed (albeit not surprised) when I saw that he was given Reinhard's role. He is a good VA though, so I'll give him a chance. I do know for a fact that I dislike the character designs. They look nothing like the original and instead, more like your generic bishies.

That said, everything else looks promising so far. I understand that a lot of money is involved in this project so Production IG is taking it slow. I don't want to believe that they are going to squeeze the entire main story in 12 episodes + 3 movies though. They're probably still testing waters and are only going to cover the first few volumes. If the new anime is popular enough, they might continue covering the latter parts until they adapt the full story. At least that's what I'm hoping.

Hekselka said:
Eh, I'm not really impressed. The characters just look a little bit too generic imo. I'm somewhat afraid to see what they'll do to Mittenmeyer, Oberstein and Reuenthal.

Oh my god, now that you mentioned it, I'm even more worried now. Absolutely none of them will look like their originals. :/
Sep 20, 2017 4:23 PM

Oct 2013
Seiya said:
keragamming said:

I didn't know that Kuroko no Basket was Shoujo.

The art style looks like a shoujo anime, that is what I meant.
Sep 20, 2017 5:54 PM

Apr 2014
Yeah, the new character designs look like they came straight out of Kuroko no Basket, ahah.
I don't know if I should feel hyped about this. Only having 12 episodes makes me wonder how much this will cover. I guess I should look forward to see some graphically updated pew pew battles at least.
Sep 20, 2017 6:19 PM

Nov 2013
Smells disaster. The art is very off-putting, the character designs are just ugh, and I don't like the VAs. I guess it's hard to live up to the standards of the previous adaption. It probably ended up this way due to money, in one way or another.

I'll watch it, but I highly doubt it'll be anywhere near as good as the previous adaption. Oh well.
SkottnissSep 20, 2017 6:22 PM
Sep 20, 2017 6:19 PM

Jun 2008
idgaf about how generic the new character design is. Castings do bother me though.

I don't think I'll ever get used to Miyano voicing Reinhard. I already don't like what I'm hearing from the PV. Suzumura on Yang is a little better.
Aryashine!
Sep 20, 2017 6:40 PM

May 2016
I definitely like LoGH more on the middle part, 2nd and 3rd iirc. So I hope the anime will announce a sequel after they finish with the movies.

That character design tho. lol I feel like they're Free! character, not that it's matter to me, I just find it funny. Swimming in a milky way sea, hahah hahah hahah-I'll show myself out.

HaXXspetten said:
Art and casting seems fine to me. The length on the other hand...
I think the length is fine too, given how it's only the first volume adaption.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

30 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.