Forum Settings
Forums
Must be a Club Member to Reply 
Sep 19, 9:45 AM

If you find some bugs or errors say it !

Here a list of know bugs who will be fixed soon !
[Bugs]

• [03.11.2017] Sometimes for some unknow reason the stats of an user is doubled (update with the button in profile or waiting the next automactically update fix this)
  • [08.12.2017] Users ranking : When hover a user without profile picture, the picture is hidden

[Fixed bugs]

• [23.10.2017] User without profile image in myanimelist.net has no image in mal-badges.net instead of a default image.
  • [11.10.2017] Badge counter in home page is broken.
  • [09.10.2017] If a badge has no rank the progress bar is empty.
  • [27.09.2017] Badge Episodes don't count episode if anime is in your plan to watch but you have already watched episode.
  • [22.09.2017] The progress bar is full one before the required quantity. Ex: Movie Fan : completed 29/30 and the bar is full.
Modified by Jikan_, Dec 8, 3:12 AM

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
I'm the creator of mal-badges, go chek the club!

Nov 3, 3:02 AM
Pyon-pyon-pyon♪

Hi!

I've noticed this weird bug before, and it still happens in the site.

This actually happened to my badges before, but I don't know the exact cause. It's like the total number of badges and xp increase to double their amount.

I saw this morning that the rankings have been messed up or something. There were some users who had over 400000 xp and I don't know how they exploited this. I caught a screenshot of the top ranked user where his/her badges and xp got doubled.

Correct Stats

Fake Stats

Same user, but all stats have been doubled. No idea why and how the calculation of stats got doubled.

Also, I think the stats for a user can be told it's fake or doubled if the number of badges have exceeded 120. If you see a user with 150 badges, then it's fake, and updating his/her page can easily fix this issue to revert it back to the correct stats.

Well I had some free time right now to report this bug so why not? :P

Nov 3, 3:31 AM

LunyRed said:
Hi!

I've noticed this weird bug before, and it still happens in the site.

This actually happened to my badges before, but I don't know the exact cause. It's like the total number of badges and xp increase to double their amount.

I saw this morning that the rankings have been messed up or something. There were some users who had over 400000 xp and I don't know how they exploited this. I caught a screenshot of the top ranked user where his/her badges and xp got doubled.

Correct Stats

Fake Stats

Same user, but all stats have been doubled. No idea why and how the calculation of stats got doubled.

Also, I think the stats for a user can be told it's fake or doubled if the number of badges have exceeded 120. If you see a user with 150 badges, then it's fake, and updating his/her page can easily fix this issue to revert it back to the correct stats.

Well I had some free time right now to report this bug so why not? :P

Yeah I know it. I'm not really sure when this happend.

Every 15 minutes, 10 users is update automatically but some times It crash and I receive an email (this crash make the double stat bug) but I try to launch it mannualy yesterday and update all user one by one to see if I can make this happend and it doesn't work.

I think the problem is if the ten user update are too big list, (if it's update the five first ranked users for example), in this case it reach the time limit and it crash.

I'm searching how to fix this, but I don't know for the moment :')

Thanks for you report !

EDIT :
It's not the user who make this bug happend, I can see how much pepoles visite my website and I know that some pepole where the bug happend has never come back after the first time xD
Modified by Jikan_, Nov 3, 3:38 AM

Yesterday, 7:28 AM

Every time in a while I update my MAL badges. However, it insists to stick in a old status that is calculated few weeks ago... Like, it calculates the current status, but few minutes later it shows the old status again. Whar should I do?

Old status:

New status:

Yesterday, 10:42 AM

Tebaldi said:
Every time in a while I update my MAL badges. However, it insists to stick in a old status that is calculated few weeks ago... Like, it calculates the current status, but few minutes later it shows the old status again. Whar should I do?

Old status:

New status:

Hi,

Your new statuts is a bug, they are only 100 badges. It happend when you click two time on the "update" button but it's fixed the next time you update it. I will fix it when I find exactly why this happen :)

Your old status is your correct badges :)