Forum Settings
Forums
Must be a Club Member to Reply 
Sep 19, 9:40 AM

If you need some help :)
Modified by Jikan_, Sep 22, 5:58 AM

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
I'm the creator of mal-badges, go chek the club!

Oct 15, 12:41 AM

for my profile on there, I didn't know it was case sensitive and I didn't capitalize the "M" and it would be nice if it were to be a capital "M". http://www.mal-badges.net/users/mizore

Oct 15, 5:08 AM

Mizore said:
for my profile on there, I didn't know it was case sensitive and I didn't capitalize the "M" and it would be nice if it were to be a capital "M". http://www.mal-badges.net/users/mizore

Hello,
It's fixed ! Thanks for using mal-badges :)
I don't know why this happend, maybe you enter your myanimelist.net username without the capitalize letter ?

Oct 15, 12:55 PM

Yeah, thanks! :)

Oct 15, 1:08 PM

Oh, when I click view MAL profile on there it takes it to my username without the capital "M". It'd be nice if it linked to it but with a capital "M".

Oct 15, 1:12 PM

Mizore said:
Oh, when I click view MAL profile on there it takes it to my username without the capital "M". It'd be nice if it linked to it but with a capital "M".

Fixed, it was a litle bug

Oct 15, 1:14 PM

Alright, thanks! :)

Oct 22, 4:51 AM
Pyon-pyon-pyon♪

Hi there! :)

First of all, I would like to thank you for creating Mal-Badges. It's super awesome and I'm really impressed with this website you created! :D

Now, I'm here to report something I've noticed. It could be a minor bug/error or whatever. It's related with the experience points gained from one of the thresholds.

I recently completed a total of 30 "Vampire" and "Martial Arts" anime. You can see my badges here. :) Upon reaching 30 of each, I should receive 250 xp in return.

OK, before I updated my Mal-Badges, I had 91450 xp. After reaching 30 "Martial Arts" anime, I updated my Mal-Badges and, instead, gained a total of 91600. That would mean that I only received 150 xp instead of 250 xp.

I just would like to ask if you could kindly check the coding for the threshold and you might have encoded 150 instead of 250 where it originally says 250 in the actual threshold. There might have been just a small error. This happened the first time when I reached 30 "Vampire" anime and now the same thing happened when I reached 30 "Martial Arts" anime.

I might be the only one who has noticed this. I'm terribly sorry for the trouble I'm causing right now. >_< I still would like to express my gratitude once again for creating the Mal-Badges website and thanks for all your hard work! :) Peace!

Oct 22, 12:42 PM

LunyRed said:
Hi there! :)

First of all, I would like to thank you for creating Mal-Badges. It's super awesome and I'm really impressed with this website you created! :D

Now, I'm here to report something I've noticed. It could be a minor bug/error or whatever. It's related with the experience points gained from one of the thresholds.

I recently completed a total of 30 "Vampire" and "Martial Arts" anime. You can see my badges here. :) Upon reaching 30 of each, I should receive 250 xp in return.

OK, before I updated my Mal-Badges, I had 91450 xp. After reaching 30 "Martial Arts" anime, I updated my Mal-Badges and, instead, gained a total of 91600. That would mean that I only received 150 xp instead of 250 xp.

I just would like to ask if you could kindly check the coding for the threshold and you might have encoded 150 instead of 250 where it originally says 250 in the actual threshold. There might have been just a small error. This happened the first time when I reached 30 "Vampire" anime and now the same thing happened when I reached 30 "Martial Arts" anime.

I might be the only one who has noticed this. I'm terribly sorry for the trouble I'm causing right now. >_< I still would like to express my gratitude once again for creating the Mal-Badges website and thanks for all your hard work! :) Peace!

Hi,

Thanks for your return !

It's normal because when you have completed 20 "martial arts" anime you receive 100 xp and when you completed 30 you receive 250 xp but 'it's not 250 new xp. It's the xp you have for this badge. So it's normal you have 150 more xp after the update (350 - 200 = 150 ).

But maybe it's unclear ? Give me a feedback if you think it's need to be change :)

Thanks !

Oct 22, 8:35 PM
Pyon-pyon-pyon♪

Hello @Jikan_ :)

Thank you for responding! :D I'm now beginning to understand the setup. So what's displayed from the screenshot was actually the total xp. The difference between the previous level and the next level is the actual xp that we earn through ranking up. I see now. It was simply a misunderstanding from my part. :)

Just my opinion, but maybe you could change the [Xp value] to [Xp earned]? That way, it could display the different Xp accurately in this sequence?

Required: 10, 20, 30, 50, 75, 100
Xp earned: 50, 50, 150, 250, 500, 500

Or if my suggestion sounds confusing, you could also keep everything as it is without changing anything. :)

Oct 22, 11:28 PM

Hi @LunyRed,

I will take a look when I have time :)
To be honest, i prefer your idea with the "xp earned". It was logical in my head but it's always the case when you make something XD
I will keep it in mind but they are things I want to do before when I have time xD
Thanks for your feedback, it's really important for me and I'm always happy when I see pepoles use my website so... Thanks :)

Have a nice day !

Dec 5, 1:43 AM
Pyon-pyon-pyon♪

The "Rewatcher" badge doesn't work for me and I can't seem to obtain it even though I've rewatched some anime. :/

So how does it work? Does the re-watched anime have to actively take place in the watching list? (e.g. "Re-watching at 4/13") All of the anime I've re-watched in the past were all on TV before MAL was even created, so I've only listed down in my completed anime the number of times I've re-watched certain anime.

I'm confused about this that's why I'm asking here. :s

Dec 5, 3:07 AM

LunyRed said:
The "Rewatcher" badge doesn't work for me and I can't seem to obtain it even though I've rewatched some anime. :/

So how does it work? Does the re-watched anime have to actively take place in the watching list? (e.g. "Re-watching at 4/13") All of the anime I've re-watched in the past were all on TV before MAL was even created, so I've only listed down in my completed anime the number of times I've re-watched certain anime.

I'm confused about this that's why I'm asking here. :s

Hi,

I will look about it, normally you gain a point in the "Rewatcher" badge when you have completely rewatched an anime.

It's look like the myanmielist.net api don't give me the correct value for that depending of the user. But some user have a value so I don't really understand now.

Maybe it's take some time or it don't work. I will look in details and delete the badges if I can get the correct value from myanimelist.net

Dec 5, 6:42 AM
Pyon-pyon-pyon♪

Jikan_ said:
Hi,

I will look about it, normally you gain a point in the "Rewatcher" badge when you have completely rewatched an anime.

It's look like the myanmielist.net api don't give me the correct value for that depending of the user. But some user have a value so I don't really understand now.

Maybe it's take some time or it don't work. I will look in details and delete the badges if I can get the correct value from myanimelist.net

Hmm, OK. I hope you could make it work out. Thanks! It'd be a shame to lose a badge like this since I like the idea of a "Re-watcher" badge too.

Yeah, I've also noticed that this badge worked for certain users as seen here. I wish it would have worked for me too, as I'd love to collect all the badges and xp I could get. xD