Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 18, 2017 8:18 PM
Jun 2013
FireCrauter said:
4kicks said:

Holy shit, you're right. Artorius avoided having his half-elf buddy meeting his granddaughter as suggested when he was looking at Adelheid's finished parfait glass. Maybe to also avoid having him meet that Lion guy too as a bonus.

^This. If there's no season two, which didn't seem likely, then I hope someone picks up the manga or light novel. I'm going to miss watching this while eating dinner.

I am translating with google translate, so I can not deduce very well who is the grandfather and who (what they say) hahaha ...
They explain to me in a way that even a child could understand (with Cap references and minutes if possible)

From what I have heard, Crunchyroll is going to do a translation of the manga and I have downloaded from somewhere a the first volume of a pdf translation of the light novel. As far as I know, there are 4 volumes of the light novel. So there a possibility of at least a second season from the light novels.
Sep 18, 2017 8:37 PM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
What saddened me the most was Red Dragon's less screentime throughout the series, Still a good show though.

7/10
AntagonizedSep 19, 2017 2:36 AM
Sep 18, 2017 9:22 PM

Jul 2013
Simply the best food anime I've ever seen. Just like a great food it leaves you wanting more and more. Here's to hoping for a 2nd season.

9/10
Sep 18, 2017 9:40 PM
Feb 2014
Robbini said:
mandorallen said:
I don't think it was that good of a final episode. They put some light on the history of the restaurant with a new character but then with the grave visiting bit they opened up more questions unless I'm missing something. What's Alexander's relation with Adelheid's relatives. Seemed like Altorius was trying to avoid making them meet at the restaurant and that was the real reason he made them go so late.

Also they showed Sharif doing nothing again. I understand sticking only to food and not putting any plot whatsoever might be boring to some people but it's more frustrating to see a plot not resolved.

Considering that Alexander referred to Wilhelm (The Great Emperor) to his son, and Wilhelm's granddaughter being Adelheid, that makes her his great-granddaughter.

Ok but why does he need to avoid his great grand-daughter that's what I don't understand
Sep 18, 2017 9:50 PM

Jul 2009
It's that time again? The time to end a good series and feel a little sad that you've watched it week after week waiting for more.

This was so much better than Shougeki no Soma in so many ways, I'm really gonna miss this one.

7/10 could have more episodes.
Sep 18, 2017 10:14 PM

Jan 2014
Great show. Disappointed that no one ever had the steak from the last part of the OP though.
Sep 18, 2017 10:53 PM

Nov 2016
At least some people agree that they never gonna get bored with this series even if it's repetitive.

thebrentinator24 said:
@AkeHomu I'm pretty sure that link is fake. Idk what's up with that site but it seems like it loves to publish fake sequel announcements. Plus, it says the sequel would start airing June 4, which doesn't really make sense since that would be during the last weeks of Spring season, instead of at the actual beginning of Summer.

Thanks for the information.
Sep 18, 2017 11:34 PM

Jul 2014
This episode feels like a decent microcosm of the series as a whole: decent ideas and foods, but ultimately uninteresting and often tedious in execution. It's what I should have expected really, but it would have been nice if the show had tried to do a little more with this premise than what it ultimately did.

6/10
Sep 19, 2017 12:18 AM
Jul 2018
The show is better than i expected, but i can't say it's very good either.
Sep 19, 2017 12:42 AM

Mar 2013
Pretty good Finale...
And I'm Going to miss this series for sure, most relaxing show in this season imo.

Was kind of expecting that Alexander will meet Lionel the Lion here, but they aren't cuz' Artorius probably know about their history. But yeah, It's still good nonetheless...

9/10 from me
Sep 19, 2017 1:24 AM

Jun 2017
Why is Kuro suddenly talking like a normal person this episode?
Sep 19, 2017 1:34 AM

Sep 2011
Nice, comfy show. 8/10 At least it wasn't the most overhyped show this season.
Sep 19, 2017 2:31 AM

Dec 2007
Nice end to the series. I found it quite hilarious that they obviously ran out of budget for the final episode.

Sep 19, 2017 2:39 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Crossburn said:
Why is Kuro suddenly talking like a normal person this episode?

Might be because Master and Alleta often get startled when Kuro's dragon talking them.
Sep 19, 2017 3:04 AM
Jan 2016
Going to miss this show, I enjoyed the world building they on the side and the ties between the various characters.
mandorallen said:
Ok but why does he need to avoid his great grand-daughter that's what I don't understand

At the start of the show the narrator explains that Alexander went on to become a wandering mercenary instead of settling down to raise his son after helping defeat the demon lord, so it's likely Wilhelm was raised by his mother's family and either never learned who his father was or had to renounce him due to political reasons (while famous, Alexander doesn't seem to be a noble, so the imperial family might have claimed Wilhelm's father was a noble who died during the demon lord's attack rather than admit he was sired by a commoner). The fact that his great-granddaughter didn't recognize him suggests he didn't interact with the imperial family much, if at all.

Artorius probably didn't want Alexander to meet his great-granddaughter, whose life he never got to be a part of and is named after the wife he still carries baggage over (70 years later an he's still crying over her grave), because it would have just caused a lot of heartache when the goal is to eat good food and celebrate good news (like dropping the bomb that their old friend Yomi is not only alive, but living happily in a peaceful world).
Sep 19, 2017 3:08 AM

Nov 2013
9/10

i hope, this anime get season 2
Sep 19, 2017 6:16 AM
Apr 2017
The show is good, but the repetitive eating scene made me somehow bored. I wished it would be like Shinya Shoukudou ("late night canteen" by direct translation, jap drama IRL)
The story of the elf hero confused me, maybe because i forgot a lot of stuff going on, but I felt forced drama.
The ending song always touched me for no obvious reason, and it would be the most memorable element of this show for me
Sep 19, 2017 7:47 AM

May 2017
Majority of the series episodes made me sleepy, the supporting characters have 90% screen time but they're just really forgettable 5/10
Sep 19, 2017 8:47 AM

Jun 2016
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I can't believe it's finished now.

Finally, Kuro is speaking using her mouth, but only to Aletta and Tenshu-san, and she's so cuuuuute. :3

I need some of that pork soup, maan. :/

I thought we're all gonna see ALL THE CHARACTERS introduced throughout the anime, though. And I honestly needed more of that red dragon.

Truth be told, I enjoyed this show more than Shokugeki no Soma (and I dropped its 2nd season, fyi).

What a great way to end a good anime. Knowing about the "origin" of the restaurant. Bruuuh, I'm so gonna miss this show so much. ;-;

8/10

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 19, 2017 9:36 AM
Jan 2013
xSkipi said:
Every week I was so sad after hearing the ED first piano notes ... this week was really painful xD
I didn't expect anything at the beginning but now it's probably aots for me
I totally wouldn't mind a relaxing show like this one every season (man the OST *-*)

Same hefe, the ending song sounds really painful in my heart. I do really like this show, it's so calm. I just can't explain this feeling right now like all the animes that I have just finished before just instantly came into my mind out of nowhere.
ANIME>Disney
Sep 19, 2017 9:54 AM

Jan 2013
Lol. Black dragon finally being comfortable to them by using her mouth to speak XD. Fitting ending my favorite legendary croquette. Q.Q now I'm wondering if Yomi cooked for the red dragon.
Pyon2WarpKunSep 19, 2017 10:00 AM
Sep 19, 2017 10:55 AM

May 2015
It wasn't as good as it could be, but overall a nice show, very relaxing to watch.
Sep 19, 2017 12:07 PM

Dec 2013
So the story comes full circle with all the relationships revealed.
Our beloved owner-san apparently is the grandson of the great hero of this Isekai, and got together with his Grandpa to open this shop. Would not mind if they gave us an episode about how Yomi fell into our world and met the owner. That in itself would be a great story.

And then we had our princess meeting by chance her Great-Grandfather at her Grandpa and Great Grandma's grave. The feels this gave me immediately flashed me back to the episode where she was reminiscing about them when they were alive. Makes you wonder though, just how those two never managed to live as long as Alexander.

Had thought they introduced Red and Kuro so that they would be some side plot involving some sort of danger that was happening to the Isekai world, which would be solved only by information sharing amongst the restaurant patrons in the restaurant and good food, lol. Shame that never came to fruition.

That said, there's always hope for a season 2. Would definitely watch.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 19, 2017 1:10 PM

Jul 2015
Sigh... this was so satisfying to go through. While I can definitely understand the gripes people have had with this, it was very relaxing overall to me while constantly giving me such a smile, and it's often a beauty to see. I loved this very much, and tbh, this might be one of my most favorite of the season. Simple yet comforting. 8/10.
Sep 19, 2017 2:31 PM

Feb 2008
Quite a revelation.

It was an enjoyable show, the finale matched the theme and the atmosphere of the series.
Sep 19, 2017 3:17 PM

Mar 2015
i started it out expecting nothing but it sure surpassed my expectations. probably one of the best anime this season. the finale felt so fitting but it also gave potential to so much more. i hope they make another season. a solid 8/10 for me.
Sep 19, 2017 3:58 PM

Jul 2014
I didn't expect to like this show as much as I did. I'm sure not many people did either, if like me, they were expecting just another bland isekai show. This show is one of the few examples of why it is worthwhile to give generic-sounding anime a shot. I can say with confidence it is one the comfiest anime ever made with some of the best character designs to go along with it.

I don't think its a masterpiece though. It may have gorgeous art but the show has moments of stilted/choppy animation or characters looking weird and off model. More than that, even the most hardcore of slice-of-life anime lovers might find themselves bored by the episodic storyline that breaks from the norm and focuses on side characters over primary ones. And I can imagine that even among people who like the show, there are probably certain episodes that felt boring to them. I mean, its bound to happen with the way the show throws so many different characters and their backstories at the audience.

Still, despite its flaws, I can't bring myself to feel anything else but love for it. Its the shining example of what authors can do with the isekai setting beyond the self-insert, male-oriented, action adventure, RPG-inspired power fantasies that are the norm for the genre. Its about time an LN author thought outside the box and made a story that isn't about about fighting monsters/baddies, collecting women, or saving the world. Much respect to the author for creating this gem of a story, and the studio that gave it the chance to be made into an anime.
Sep 19, 2017 4:33 PM

Feb 2016
Absolutely AOTS for me. Wow, this show was so touching, relaxing and great. 8/10
Sep 19, 2017 4:39 PM
Jun 2016
Ah fuck, it's already over. I just quickly kept watching every new episode without even paying attention when it would actually end. Time flew so fast.

I don't really know why the hell I enjoyed this so much. Usually I get bored of this type of stuff easily, and I can definitely understand why there were people that were easily bored with it (read a couple of funny reviews about it), but I did anyway. Along with being so calming and pretty, it just felt very refreshing to me for some reason.

AmyTwo said:
Simple yet comforting.

The way I would put it myself. 7/10. I liked it a lot more than I thought. I wouldn't mind a second season, if that would ever happen.
Sep 19, 2017 8:14 PM

Sep 2017
Man I'm gonna miss this show, but I think I will forget this one next season (lol)

9/10, AOTS for me. The OP and ED song is god-tier
Sep 19, 2017 9:59 PM

Dec 2014
okay wow I am so gonna miss this show it tide up many lose ends ec=ven in the last episode...I now know how it is connected to the other world tooo but it's just a theory...I am so gonna miss this
Sep 19, 2017 10:23 PM

Apr 2014
another great cooking show 8/10
Sep 20, 2017 12:21 AM

Mar 2010
A fine show, but I didn't enjoy as much as I thought I would mainly because I felt it could have done more with its' premise. Did like seeing the connections between characters through.

7/10
Iron_MawSep 20, 2017 12:24 AM
Sep 20, 2017 12:52 AM
Dec 2015
Is Victoria related to the Adel's family. That might explain her half elf.
Sep 20, 2017 3:35 AM
The Madaora

Aug 2016
Was a great show this season. I'm hoping for another season of this at some point down the road, though it probably won't receive one. I'd say it was probably the most relaxing series this season and easily one of my favorites, especially since it's rare for a series to make me want more after it's done. The dub was pretty good so far imo, and so I absolutely know I am going to purchase the dubbed BD copy immediately upon completion and release. I'm actually fairly curious where others might stand on the English dub of this series?
Sep 20, 2017 4:52 AM
Jul 2017
I like the anime.
Day of Satur = The Day where the anime episode is released, i was hoping that they show how the restaurant is doing in the original world.
Sep 20, 2017 5:59 AM

Dec 2016
Pleasent end to a pleasent series. Nothing ground breaking, but a decent time pass.

Sometimes a bit too repetitive and predictable, but most of the characters we engaging and the way everything weaved together gave it a nice dreamy quality.

Glad I watched it on a weekly basis. I don't think this would make for a good binge show.
6/10 (but a close 7... maybe I will change my mind....)
Sep 20, 2017 6:30 AM

Oct 2015
Pretty good slice of life episodic show. It really relieves stress on my part and the ambience in this show is perfect. 8/10
Sep 20, 2017 6:32 AM

Sep 2016
it gets boring real fast. weird because I like episodic series like Bartender.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Sep 20, 2017 7:23 AM

Jan 2014
10/10
It should have been longer
Sep 20, 2017 9:08 AM

Apr 2015
Slightly hectic week

Solid show that was never really shit and never really amazing, enjoyable enough as a once a week show. Mostly very pleasant and will be a good but fading memory. Interesting concept carrying comparatively mediocre characters and subpar script. 4-5/10
Sep 20, 2017 9:22 AM
Apr 2016
Just out of pure enjoyment, I'll give it an 8. I'm not gonna lie, but even though were legitimate complaints and stuff like this being repetitive or just outright boring, it just kept giving me a nice smile and a warm fuzzy feeling on the inside. Doesn't help that this is one of the most beautiful series of this season to me. I honestly can see myself rewatching this. Wouldn't mind a second season at all.
Sep 20, 2017 2:52 PM

Oct 2013
It was good. 7/10 for me. A solid show.
Sep 20, 2017 4:12 PM
Mar 2016
This anime make me smile everytime they show the restaurant and people eat their food with joy. Such a pleasant and comfy anime to watch till the end.

I want more this kind of anime.
Sep 21, 2017 4:34 AM

Oct 2007
Tasty looking pork soup... Aletta can't wait to eat it - but she has to wait till evening. :D

Oh, and that Alex half elf is not a bad guy after all... he's a strong hero, but still very much afraid of Kuro. XD

Sad that this great anime has to end... hoping very much for a season 2. No more weekly good food.

Score = 9/10
Sep 21, 2017 6:34 AM
Jul 2017
Nice show, not flashy. I never really looked forward to it but I enjoyed it and I think I'll miss it.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Sep 21, 2017 7:05 AM

Dec 2008
IF you didnt eat at least a few times during this show, then DOOM ON YOU! :P SUch a pleasant show, mixing high fantasy with gorgeous food presentation. AS I said before, its like GATE + Bartender and I dig it. Hopefully there may be a 2nd season that expands upon the two worlds interactions. r. 8/10, and a beautiful ending theme. PE@CE ^~^
Sep 21, 2017 9:44 AM

Mar 2013
Oh boy, I can't express how over-zealous I am right now as I finish one of the best anime that has come in the recent times. Yeah, probably the best till yet after Rakugo's S2 :')

Entering with the casual mindset, I really didn't expect what the finale actually had in store for me. It did pull off a story and almost every piece of the plot started to get come together. It was executed fairly well if I may say so~
If you take notice of the elf who was accompanying the great mage, you'll notice it was none other than the same mercenary who was responsible for that lion head beast's defeat. To actually see him in the last episode was surprise alright.
But, the most biggest revelation has to be roots of Master's origins. To think he's the grandson of the most brave hero of the fantasy world makes you realize it isn't a mere coincidence, that he some sort of connection to the fantasy world after all~

Well that's enough talk about content of the episode and go back to our usual discussion routine.
Nothing hits home harder than as much as the nostalgia of your mother's cooking. I actually teared up a bit when that beautiful emotion was incorporated in the finale. It kinda reminded me of the film, Ratatouille.
The one final sight of all the folks enjoying their meal in the restaurant Nekoya was a nice touch. Well actually not all, hope they showed more but the mere glance of them was enough to get by I suppose. Liked it.

I know I've said it countless times in the previous posts already but I guess one final time wouldn't hurt it now, would it? ;D
The charm of Isekai Shokudou actually lies in its serene and heartwarming atmosphere. The mere sight of different characters enjoying their meal in such a tranquil is enough to make you enjoy the whole show gleefully~
While the animation is already good enough, real props goes to music which made the watch all the more immersing. Gonna miss its wonderful OP/ED. And of course our main staff - Kuro, Aletta and Master too :')

The show is something that is ought to be enjoyed in your leisure every once in a while~
Well that concludes my thoughts on the anime. I'm really glad I was able to experience it firsthand. Definitely AoTS for me. It was truly a lovely anime!

10/10
Sep 21, 2017 1:06 PM
Jun 2016
AnchientProphet2 said:
IF you didnt eat at least a few times during this show, then DOOM ON YOU! :P SUch a pleasant show, mixing high fantasy with gorgeous food presentation. AS I said before, its like GATE + Bartender and I dig it. Hopefully there may be a 2nd season that expands upon the two worlds interactions. r. 8/10, and a beautiful ending theme. PE@CE ^~^

I couldn't go through this whole series on an empty stomach. It was impossible. lol

It's weird, but it felt pleasant when I was eating while watching the episode with the characters in this series eating. Calmly enjoying food while I was enjoying food, whether with my two friends by me or not watching with me. They also often felt the same when eating by themselves while watching, based on what they've told me. It's really weird, but I liked it.
Sep 21, 2017 1:39 PM

Jan 2014
Great Show. I was always hungry every damn episode. The way the food is described with the solid animation didnt help either. I WANT MY CROQUETTE and CURRY!

Surprised that this was based on an LN. Could have shown more backstory with the characters.

Need more Kuro and Aletta :D
Insert Signature Here
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Easter hunt help

Canfro - Apr 16, 2022

18 by Mithun1237 »»
Apr 3, 9:14 PM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2017

137 by Forum »»
Jan 15, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2017

69 by gyanburubii »»
Jan 8, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2017

83 by Hayley2877 »»
Sep 14, 2023 1:00 PM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2017

74 by Hayley2877 »»
Aug 31, 2023 12:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.