Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Love and Lies
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 19, 2017 6:19 AM
Apr 2016
Hexxar said:
I liked watching this anime and i want to read the mangá. Someone know where the anime finished in the mangá? ><'
Hexxar said:
I liked watching this anime and i want to read the mangá. Someone know where the anime finished in the mangá? ><'

near chapter 116
Hexxar said:

The manga doesn't have the marriage part
anime covered up to 116
Sep 19, 2017 7:09 AM

Dec 2015
B E A U T I F U L !

i love love love love koi to uso so muchhhh!! it has an amazing story, amazing characters, amazing everything!!!! i'm very very sad that it came to an end sigh i'll miss the characters so much :(((( seriously what a beautiful anime! it's time to catch up on the manga!

9/10

Sep 19, 2017 7:40 AM

Apr 2016
tbh, 12 Episodes is not enough. so yeah what an open ending.

It doesn't bother me at all, there's more awful endings out there.

Oh well... I still feel bad for Ririna :(

7/10
EuphoriaSep 19, 2017 7:43 AM
Why do we have to live in such a cruel world?

Sep 19, 2017 7:53 AM
Jul 2018
3/10.
many overreactions in this series overall and the ending felt plain and just like any other episode.
removed-userSep 25, 2017 5:18 AM
Sep 19, 2017 8:03 AM
Jul 2018
Just got done watching the episode.. and while this may seem like i may be overreacting i will bei blunt and say it anyway: This gotta be the worst anime i have ever encountered in my years of watching anime.
Seriously you could do so much with this premises. You could had focus on how this type of system affected ones life or even discuss heavy subjects such as homosexuality in a society like this one. But no, instead all we got is this goddamn awful school drama that goes absolutly no where for 12 episodes, spending most of its running time focus on building 1 of the relationships just so we could get an open ending where our wimp of an mc ends up debating on wich girl he wants to end up with. Congratulations Koi to Uso you reached Nisekoi season 2 level of pointless.
Seriously f*ck all about this show. F*ck Nejima and everything about him; f*ck the constant forced drama and clishes; f*ck the author inability to make me care for any of the characters; f*ck the pointless chatting that adds nothing to the plot; f*ck how fetishized the story felt; and more then anything f*ck that piece of eraser.

...Anyway said everything i wanted to say about this. Will be looking forward to not watch the second season if it ever comes out.
Sep 19, 2017 8:08 AM

Jan 2008
The anime has ended and I still don't have a favorite among the girls. Yukari is one boring MC. I wonder how the whole thing will be resolved but I don't really care as I don't care for either of the girls. Nisaka is my favorite but I know it won't happen.
Sep 19, 2017 8:16 AM

Dec 2012
Ahhhhhhhhhhh... Yes........ That Kiss

Sep 19, 2017 8:54 AM

Nov 2016
berrymillus said:
I'm getting a lot of Nisekoi war flashbacks from this ending and the anime overall. It was enjoyable, Ririna stole my heart. 6/10

I know this feeling too well LMAO
"Before I slit your throat, I'll give you a kiss," Nezumi said softly. "You'll find out exactly how much better I am at giving farewell kisses."
Sep 19, 2017 9:43 AM

May 2017
Ririna basically won yay, no worries team Misaki, threesome incoming, its a harem end lol anime original end

7/10
Sep 19, 2017 10:24 AM
May 2013
People please. Stop with the overflow of salt. The ending just means that there won't be a season 2 or anything beyond it. They made an anime adaptation for one season and that's all we get: one season. Hence, the open ending. A lot of you get disappointed so easily with this. What, isn't this your first time seeing an anime original ending? Geez, stop complaining about your wasted time LOL
Sep 19, 2017 10:30 AM
May 2013
>tfw most of the complaints are coming from the people who haven't read the manga yet HAHAHAHAHA
>tfw people are complaining about the ending being a waste of time when basically, it's the best way to resolve the anime adaptation rather than forcing an ending with either one of them
You have to understand that this is already chapter 118 in the manga and the current chapter is just 140 as of this writing.
Sep 19, 2017 10:33 AM
May 2013
Manga is ongoing at a snails pace (the translations at least) and we pretty much had to expect some kind of open-ending. There really is no excuse as the manga has the same pacing so if you didn't like the pacing in the show the manga won't make you feel better.

I mean...I liked it flaws and all. Pacing is horrid, the general theme over the question of "scientific vs true" love is only brought up occasionally and never really addressed, and the MC is too much of a wimp. Although I'm personally against the last one as the dude literally went from someone who had a supposedly one-sided crush for years to having reciprocation from her while simultaneously getting a marriage match. Not much you can expect from a low self-confidence MC with no mentor to change his attitude.

I did enjoy how the scenes conveyed emotion with teenage hormones and all; personally could feel all their conflictions every time they kissed. Not to mention the girls themselves had some decent depth for a 1 cour show with us getting a general idea on Ririna and Misaki on who they are and what stake they have in this conflict when it's brought up.

For a romantic drama, the drama was less of a headache compared to what I'm used to like True Tears as an example and I enjoyed how the characters actually had some kind of stake in the drama but clearly acknowledged they don't know the answer. It felt nice to see Ririna and Misaki both say they clearly have no damn clue what's the right answer here and even have great hesitance when they state their own desires to each other.

In all honesty the show really needed more time before getting an adaptation and getting a 2 cour format might have slightly improved the attitude like with Ballroom e Youkoso where the 1st cour was generally slow and people were egging about it.

All in all if you take into account how most shows are open-ended anyway, I thought it was a fun watch with decent characters. I thought of this show as a character-driven story and not a narrative one so maybe that's why I think differently.
Sep 19, 2017 10:33 AM
May 2013
If you're at all surprised by or mad at an open ending from an ongoing manga when anime original conclusions happen literally almost never, you need to watch more anime, frankly
Sep 19, 2017 10:49 AM
Aug 2016
Ah i know they will ruined it but it's okey we can still for a batter ending of the manga don't lose hope
Sep 19, 2017 11:02 AM

May 2015
At least he is an honest harem protagonist who proclaims he loves them both... Well, the lack of conclusion made the anime even worse. It's like all this time they went nowhere and actually came to nowhere.
Sep 19, 2017 11:31 AM

Oct 2010
Too bad... I really liked this series too, the ending just had to be so open ended and unrewarding to the viewer. Went from a 7/10 to a 6/10, that's generous.

Tumblr |  Anime List | 🌷🌼

Sep 19, 2017 11:34 AM

Aug 2010
Zelev said:
Eh.. that's it? What am I supposed to do with this lol..

Yea come on wtf is with the open ending...god why u make me watch this
Sep 19, 2017 11:41 AM

Feb 2016
*Sigh* Show started out well and finished with a terrible ending, like nothing has been resolved. Almost like they didn't want to upset either Team Misaki or Team Ririna. Feel like i wasted my time...

Sep 19, 2017 12:13 PM
Nov 2016
I love seeing the rating drop lol
Sep 19, 2017 12:56 PM
Oct 2014
Woaw, they fail it sooo much. The anime was already dead since ep3, but there, wow, so bad plz ! 12 episode to finish with
PLZ , they just tried something "different" because they already know that the anime was dead ?
Sep 19, 2017 1:10 PM

Dec 2009
There is still a loose thread they never dealt with, to re-set the scene from the beginning of the series, what if the government assigned marriage based on science is extremely successful, so much so that it is deemed fate. In Yukari's case he has found love, and for a brief time with the text message, the person he was assigned and the person he liked was the same. In that scene we saw how the system is legitimate, then when the message fades and a real notice is hand delivered we see something is off, perhaps the system is wrong, perhaps there is something sinister about the system, ultimately there is something more going on in this world they are slowly building for the viewer.

Sadly, the most interesting part of the series to expand upon never happens, and the world building stops there. We don't find out who sent the text message, if it was legitimate or anything.

With a little effort the story could have been amazing, perhaps the yukari system was a large scale modern selective breeding program, with the intent to build a social system of the likes of 'a brave new world', where people are born into their role into society with almost no free will - and are completely unaware of this fact. In this case, it is a taboo in society to go against the notices, which explains how people so willing go through the governments plans. Or perhaps, the Yukari system is a sophisticated genetics program to ultimately create the human 2.0.

The message could then be the beginnings of a faction within the government who learn of these goals and take action, trying to bring down the system. We would get to explore, free will and the ethics of genetic based selection. I think the concept was strong but all we got was yet another harem show, with nothing happening overall.
Sep 19, 2017 1:21 PM

Jul 2014
Tokoya said:
This is probably the only time where I want a harem-ish type of end lol God I hate this damn system fucking up these people's lives

Anyway, overall I loved this series and unfortunately I doubt we'll get a S2 anytime soon since we are really close to the manga now

Me too. I liked Ririna more, but I'm fine with this ending lol
Sep 19, 2017 2:36 PM

Oct 2014
I enjoyed this but from a sort of comically amused standpoint. It feels like the creator is a bit clueless about love. The entire premise requires an awful lot of suspended disbelief in the first place because its insane. What really made me laugh though was just the sheer level of ambiguity the whole series like it was purposefully unclear what was going on the entire time to the point where you end with some sort of Mormon polygamy ending!

Is that really what we're going with? Made me laugh when he frantically ran out of the house at the end like he had some sort of epiphany that he will just marry them both or something haha. How does that solve anything?
Sep 19, 2017 2:53 PM
May 2015
Extremely predictable open ended final episode hahaha.

I honestly thought Yuusuke and Misaki was one forced marriage, but since they both like Yukari, that in the end they'd get married but hang around with Yukari so it'll be like a Foursome where Yukari would be Bi, Yuusuke would be gay and the others would go straight for Yukari.

Then all four of them would still be together and still have love from Yukari and Yukari would be high fiving the system for such a sweeeet deal.

But I understand the people that are annoyed with this anime, especially for those believing in monogamy.

Enjoyment : 6/10
Quality: 5.8/10

I was really hooked on the outcome, the anime is watchable, mediocre to bad development of characters and the open ended finale was disappointing but surprisingly predictable (an ending made to appease to fans of both the girls and gives no real solution to their dilemma unless "I can't choose so e for all of the above" is a good solution, I guess Yukari is wants all the action!)
Nate515Sep 19, 2017 2:56 PM
Sep 19, 2017 3:43 PM
Feb 2017
Seriously I loved this episode so much but after seeing the end I feel that there aren't any new things happened just a kiss with Ririna. So I will give 7/10 because I did really enjoy the story from the beginning but I was expecting more than this like Yukari get married with Ririna because he found that he is in love with her or get married with both of the girls.
Mark: I think there is a season 2 Hopefully It will be .
Sep 19, 2017 3:50 PM

May 2009
Wait, some people really did expect the MC to choose someone at the end? oO

Lelouch51 said:
Not much you can expect from a low self-confidence MC with no mentor to change his attitude.

More like, none of the 3 main characters want to hurt the other two.
At least, Nejima accepted the idea to hurt them at the end.
Sep 19, 2017 4:23 PM
Jul 2012
bullshit ending, kill yourself misaki
#teamririna
Sep 19, 2017 4:59 PM

Feb 2017
Okay, what chapter is this in the manga???

I need to know what happens!

I just want them to have a polyamorous marriage so they can all be happy :(
'I love you because you're you. I'm happy that you're whole. I don't care if there are sides of you that I don't know, or don't like. If that's who you are, that's fine. As long as you're whole, that's enough for me.'-Kouko Kaga
Sep 19, 2017 5:08 PM

Aug 2012
Epir said:
Sigh...hate bs endings like this, feels like I've wasted time

give him a beer,noo,six pack of beer
Throni said:
What a waste of time.

damm right.
Sep 19, 2017 5:27 PM
Aug 2016
hell yeah!! an open harem-ish ending is the best ending this show could have, second only to a Misaki ending, a Lilina ending, an actual harem ending and every other possible ending.
Sep 19, 2017 5:43 PM

Sep 2011
Anime original ending lol. Either way, very mediocre series from the get-go. 5/10.
Sep 19, 2017 5:48 PM
Jul 2012
I swear alot of people need to realize that most anime adaptions adapt an ongoing series which is why most series have an open ending or original ending. The amount of people complaining is hilarious.
Sep 19, 2017 6:10 PM
Jan 2017
Worst ending in history
Sep 19, 2017 7:22 PM

Dec 2014
I'm waiting for the polygamy ending
Sep 19, 2017 7:31 PM

Mar 2010
I was expecting an open ending since the manga is still ongoing. Honestly, that part really didn't bug me that much. At least Yukari managed to reach the point of self-awareness to recognize that both girls were actually important in his life. Given the sheer number of braindead idjit MCs who can't figure out that a girl loves him when she is throwing herself naked at him, even this much progress for Yukari deserves a thumbs up.

What pissed me off is that there was no solid explanation for how/why/what Shuu did... How hard would it have been to say "I did this..." for pete's sake?! Was there a glitch in the system that she "corrected"? Did she force the system to give the answer she wanted? Did she simply run it a second time and a different result popped out? Heck, why is a gov't welfare system basically Top Secret with no information about how it actually works publicly available? That little mystery was the main reason I was enjoying this show, and they completely copped out on actually answering it or explaining much about the system itself at all during the entire series.

6/10 > 3/10 after this episode. >:(

My crackpot theory: Yukari+Ririna get married, Nisaka+Misaki get married, they live happily ever after as a happy foursome. :3
Sep 19, 2017 8:04 PM

Dec 2012
The last few episodes have been so disappointing. There's no freaking resolution to anything. I'm sick of Yukari's thirsty, undecided ass, and I'm sick of Misaki's damn secret. Spineless characters, forced conflict...
Albi-kunSep 19, 2017 8:33 PM
Sep 19, 2017 8:13 PM

Jul 2009
I am actually ok with an OT3
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Sep 19, 2017 8:23 PM

Jul 2014
I saw more potential in the beginning but I still liked it. I loved Ririna, and it's also the one that has had the most development. At first I liked Misaki, but then I felt her character fell short, her interactions with Yukari were very dull. And even though I'm not a fan of open endings, I'm fine with this one, I like that with the whole thing of arranged marriages this has ended up with a kind of harem... Ririna and Misaki's friendship until the end lol.
Sep 20, 2017 12:00 AM
christmas cake

May 2008
ladamesansmerci said:

I haven't read it, but somebody earlier said the anime covered up to chapter 116.

nx6Sep 20, 2017 12:21 AM
Sep 20, 2017 12:16 AM

Feb 2008
I honestly liked it from the first seven weeks. Then it got pretty dull with all the come and go between Ririna and Misaki. Nejima didn't help because he's a wimp, and I can't take that from an anime MC character anyway.

Disappointed with the end because a threesome ending is what I had realized from episode 10 onwards. I would've hoped a surprise, at least no threesome end. I know I am a salty Misaki / HanaKana fan that just wanted her to win, but that's how it is.

The kisses were well made, big attracting point that kept me watching. They still didn't explain why Misaki was replaced with Ririna at the beginning of the show. Way too much of an open ending for me. I still had a good time watching it, if not for the final episodes.

Masaru Yokoyama once again delivers another great soundtrack.

5/10
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Sep 20, 2017 12:17 AM

Dec 2014
typical Mc he wants both of them ...I am going to follow the manga if there is one....
Sep 20, 2017 12:22 AM

Feb 2017
nx6 said:
ladamesansmerci said:

I haven't read it, but somebody earlier said the anime covered up to chapter 116.

Thank you!! :)

(character limittt)
'I love you because you're you. I'm happy that you're whole. I don't care if there are sides of you that I don't know, or don't like. If that's who you are, that's fine. As long as you're whole, that's enough for me.'-Kouko Kaga
Sep 20, 2017 12:28 AM
christmas cake

May 2008
zeroj said:
I honestly liked it from the first seven weeks. Then it got pretty dull with all the come and go between Ririna and Misaki. Nejima didn't help because he's a wimp, and I can't take that from an anime MC character anyway.

Disappointed with the end because a threesome ending is what I had realized from episode 10 onwards. I would've hoped a surprise, at least no threesome end. I know I am a salty Misaki / HanaKana fan that just wanted her to win, but that's how it is.

5/10

Felt the same way in the second half. MC can't decide, so he gets a harem ending? He's too lame to get a prize like that.

I've decided this manga's story is written the way it is because the author isn't smart enough to explain it. They created a system of marriage that isn't really practical, but if they tried to make this story halfway serious, they'd be on the hook to explain things like how the government deals with homosexuals, why there isn't a higher incidence of spousal abuse from people stuck in bad matches, how the initial generation (people who actually have some understanding of romance) dealt with the new system, etc.

Honestly I don't know how this system would work without the country functioning as a police state with actual brainwashing. That was even the vibe the show had at times. All these high-schoolers asking what love is... and not in the philosophical searching-their-feelings way, but -- thinking you're in love because of a shared eraser? That sounds like literal "you guys have such low emotional development I don't think you understand this feeling at a dictionary level".

Muuuuuch easier to just go full-derp by only focusing on a shallow love triangle (and pretend that third "wife" doesn't exist in the story now that we've baited the fujoshis enough).
nx6Sep 20, 2017 12:32 AM
Sep 20, 2017 2:09 AM
Aug 2017
The open ending in the end was kinda expected.Since watching from episode 1 to 2,I believe that the character development for most of the characters are good enough...except for Nisaka.The anime did not really go deep into his thoughts and they could have at least made like a separate episode about him.The anime also could have at least shown who Misaki's assigned partner is.Maybe her partner could have been Nisaka,making the story more interesting.

I feel that the anime should at least have 2 OVA's showing the aftermath of Nejima x Misaki or Nejima x Ririna so that it is more interesting.

Overall,I would rate the show a 8/10 and definitely a recommendation.
Sep 20, 2017 2:54 AM

Mar 2013
Heh what a cliche way of ending it.

The kissing scene with Lilina was hot tho.

And both girls looked pretty in their wedding gown. But I kek'ed hard to see just how nonchalantly they were talking about love and lies in front of those women who were helping them change lmao.
Sep 20, 2017 3:37 AM

Dec 2016
the end make me angry :/ !!
I like ririna more then misaki and the anime does'nt give us about Nisaka and other detail :/ !
Overall 5/10
Sep 20, 2017 4:08 AM
Jul 2018
Yeah like, if you can't choose between them, why don't you just choose both of them?

An open ending, sort of. But that's to be expected.

i'll still give it an 8 out of 10. Or I might as well lie.
Sep 20, 2017 4:15 AM

Jun 2017
Nejima, you lucky bastard. I'm pretty sure if the government allowed the arrangement, he could marry both of them, and they'd still be pretty happy together.

Pretty girls and lovely ED theme is what I will remember this series for.
Sep 20, 2017 4:30 AM

Jul 2016
nx6 said:
zeroj said:

5/10

Felt the same way in the second half. MC can't decide, so he gets a harem ending? He's too lame to get a prize like that.

I've decided this manga's story is written the way it is because the author isn't smart enough to explain it. They created a system of marriage that isn't really practical, but if they tried to make this story halfway serious, they'd be on the hook to explain things like how the government deals with homosexuals, why there isn't a higher incidence of spousal abuse from people stuck in bad matches, how the initial generation (people who actually have some understanding of romance) dealt with the new system, etc.

Honestly I don't know how this system would work without the country functioning as a police state with actual brainwashing. That was even the vibe the show had at times. All these high-schoolers asking what love is... and not in the philosophical searching-their-feelings way, but -- thinking you're in love because of a shared eraser? That sounds like literal "you guys have such low emotional development I don't think you understand this feeling at a dictionary level".

Muuuuuch easier to just go full-derp by only focusing on a shallow love triangle (and pretend that third "wife" doesn't exist in the story now that we've baited the fujoshis enough).

Totally this. The basic setup had so much potential and we are still hanging with MCs inability to choose. As I said the episode before, the story does not have to end when he chooses. People make bad choices, so whatever choice he makes he can regret it. And what about Nisakas story? To much potential wasted, could have been much much better.
Sep 20, 2017 5:29 AM
Mar 2015
I don't really know how to feel about that anime - I see that manga is still on going, so the current ending can give us still second season - what I would like to see, since I love all characters in Koi to Uso.
However, if there will be no second season, i'm slightly disappointed - mainly because we didn't got to see who finally will be Yukari's wife - Takasaki or Ririna - they ended it like they make "love triangle" and fuck each other to the end of their lifes (Yukari love both, Ririna love both, Takasaki love both) - would fit perfectly.

So yeah, I enjoyed the anime, episode 1 was probably my favourite with so many emotions, yet I will think that this anime isn't done yet, so I won't give a proper rating.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What the is the concept of Koi to Uso (Spoilers)

Darth_InVader - Feb 23, 2019

10 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Apr 5, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Koi to Uso Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2017

90 by Giolbat »»
Mar 18, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Koi to Uso Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2017

306 by Ak2005 »»
Dec 9, 2023 1:35 PM

» Koi to uso -About Anime, Manga and my feelings for Sanada Ririna [and the fact that i think I've come to genuinely develop love feelings for her even though shes not real]

ScaryNightmare - Jul 14, 2023

5 by ScaryNightmare »»
Jul 16, 2023 9:53 AM

Poll: » Koi to Uso Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2017

171 by 1_Mikay_1 »»
Jun 26, 2023 5:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.