Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Love and Lies
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Sep 22, 2017 11:18 PM

Jun 2017
Nisaka ー! 私たちは同じなんです。
Sep 23, 2017 4:52 AM
Mar 2012
So both love both of em, and both glad Ririna's the assigned wife. Bit odd open ending.
Strange show where the directing flow is engrossing, but rather little progression in relationships.
Sep 23, 2017 5:23 AM
Aug 2017
I think Ririna just deserved so much more and they also didn't reveal what was troubling Misaki which was disappointing overall it was a 5/10 for me.
envaSep 21, 2018 12:10 PM
Sep 23, 2017 11:56 PM

Oct 2008
It was okay..but still left me hanging...
Nejima loves them both...
Ririna isa a big fat liar, so as Takasaki but both love him..what the EF!
oh another passionate kiss by Ririna & Nejima...but it was just practise....really!?
is this open ended? or can have an S2!?
4/5.
8/10.

Sep 24, 2017 9:02 AM

Sep 2015
The whole anime is a lie. Much time spent on waiting and watching and I got an ending like this? Pretty weak ending :(
Sep 24, 2017 10:24 AM

Jul 2009
I am mad, I thought he would make his choice...Ririna even gave him a idea of how he could cancel their marriage! If he really loved Misaki likes he claim he should not think twice! But no, he wants both! Damn guy...I just hope Ririna finds someone who can make her happy, she is so nice...and Misaki, I think she is sick or something...
Sep 24, 2017 12:09 PM

Jul 2013
WOW that was awful or even average. I can't believe I had hopes for this anime and it turned out to be boring and the ending was just WTF.

The MMC should of just picked 1 girl and not deciding and where is the EXPLAINATION of the lie to which she needs to hide between the pairs.

Edit: What about the Nisaka guy kissing him at episode 3, this is also left unanswered and the guy and girl relationship seems like there is something going on.
Renaultclio101Sep 24, 2017 12:23 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2017 5:11 AM
Jul 2017
Fuck this! Fuck everything! It is implied that Nejima gets both Ririna and Misaki and NEJIMA DOESN'T EVEN GET A HAPPY ENDING!!! 6/10! WHY! I FUCKING HATE THIS ENDING!

I've calmed down now. When I first read the synopsis of this anime three months ago, I thought this show was gonna delve into the science-based vs. romantic feelings of love. I even got more excited when they introduced Nisaka's secret like for Nejima and then they proceeded to forget Nisaka's feelings for Nejima until ep 12... ugh. Not really much to expect from this mediocre fanservice anime anyway but I find it cowardly that the directors decided that choosing both is better than sticking to just one.

AND NISAKA SUFFERS IN THE END! WHY?! HE DESERVED BETTER!
Sep 25, 2017 6:51 AM

Jan 2011
I was waiting for Takasaki and Nisaka to get their matches for the entire series.
Sep 25, 2017 10:20 PM

Feb 2014
Hm... the show gets pretty boring after the first half, specially when starts all that Romeu and Juliet (so cliche ><)

On the contrary of many, I liked the idea of them 3 ending up together even though it's not official or declared, it feels like a mutual love between them - harem.

6/10

TechOtakuSep 25, 2017 10:27 PM
Sep 26, 2017 5:43 AM

Jul 2015
Before starting Koi to Uso I was expecting that it'll be that kind of anime series that end with nothing. And what I got? Exactly, nothing. Through the whole series Yukari's behavior didn't bother me so much as in the final episodes.

Anyway, we've got the introducion or I'd better say the animated manga advertisement. If we want to know how it end we must read manga or wait for 2nd season (which I doubt).

5/10
Sep 26, 2017 3:43 PM

Mar 2016
This series made me go read the manga because I was really interested in the story... so I guess that a plus... so I'll be continuing the story...

I'm giving it a 5/10 ... I did find myself liking the manga a lot more...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2017 4:50 PM
May 2010
am just here to weep for Nisaka
While all 3 of them were smiling happily in the end I think of him by the window
and my heart just breaks a lito
Sep 27, 2017 8:31 AM
Apr 2015
Good to see the makers of this read "How to end a plot without offering any resolution whatsoever".
Sep 27, 2017 11:46 AM
Jun 2011
This was a really good show until that last episode. I lost it when Ririna and Yukari finally let their true feelings out instead of hiding behind the 'lie.' I though for sure it was going to end the way I wanted - Yukari chooses his true assigned wife Ririna since clearly for a long time they've loved each other now...pretty obvious. I wanted Misaki to remain friends and hopefully get assigned to Nisaka (only viable outcome that isn't totally terrible for Nisaka if you ask me...then he still gets to see Yukari)

I hear the Manga is drastically different and from what I've read after this chapter the show ends on *like 118) it's getting very interesting. Team Ririna for life :)

PS - Manga goes into backstory of the two government workers relationship!
Sep 28, 2017 3:41 PM

Sep 2011
This anime legit needed the Harem Plan.
Sep 29, 2017 1:55 PM
Mar 2017
What about Nisaka, Yuusuk ? Does he like Misaki or the MC Nejima? It is never clear ed in the anime.
Sep 30, 2017 12:38 AM

Dec 2015
all of you are dumb for thinking the three of them ended up together! IT WAS JUST A PHOTOSHOOT!! sigh

can't believe such an amazing anime is scored 6.96 just because of you dumb people not understanding the ending, the manga is still ongoing so how do you expect the last episode to give you a satisfying ending to all characters? smh.
Sep 30, 2017 8:02 AM
May 2015
what the hell with that cliff ending. its like the creator still hasn't decide who to pick. the NTR starting to become painfull in the near end. good thing the manga still ongoing, if not then im an idiot who fall for an anime that ruin the entire show in the last episode. im getting tired of this misaki shit, she disgust me. its not that i hate her, i just want her to get out of the picture already, she making me hating more and more on the mc. very disappointed, i thought for sure this was going to be double love story cuz there 2 boy and 2 girl. it turn out to be love triangle and his best friend turn out to be gay.
Sep 30, 2017 2:29 PM

May 2016
I really hate this main character, he only knows to be in doubt, only the nisaka to put something useful in his head...
At the end he he realizes that he loves both of them and can't decide... Really... Man.....I prefer a final with a harem of the two than an open ending like that.

opinion: he should date Misaki soon or end up alone at once :P
『  』
Sep 30, 2017 6:07 PM

Feb 2013
Really... a harem ending?
5/5 episode

7/10 series
Best girl: Ririna

But what the...
Ririna is like "I'm dumping you"...
but then she's like "can I use your for kiss practice".
OMG I didn't know how far they were gonna go right there!
Sep 30, 2017 11:58 PM

Apr 2012
It literally states that they both ignore their love, because protecting Misaki is more important. So mad that he doesn’t just accept his full on love for Ririna 😡

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Oct 1, 2017 10:43 AM

Jul 2016
Yukari, how come you couldn't see the best conclusion for all of these, it's polygamy. Just like what you did right now, you should marry both of them. Both of the girls said if they love each other, so, it will be a win-win condition to polygamy.
Oct 1, 2017 11:13 AM

Apr 2009
Damn that anime original ending. This anime ended in the first half of this episode for me at the end of the night in the inn... what came after was just the delusions of staff who wanted a wishy-washy cop out harem ending that also probably lets them get away without a sequel later with what the manga has left to offer.

I'd say a lot of it was adapted well enough from the manga, with special praise for the excellent voice acting; I could forgive some arc order swaps here and some filler skips there but that ending nearly ruined it all.

While watching, I listed up to 10 changes the anime did, some of which I find hard to forgive...
Oct 2, 2017 5:42 AM
May 2015
Love and lies (the anime adaptation) had a lot of pontential based on the story and its premise the problems is, my enjoyment for the anime kept on decreasing as the series goes on. The stem of my problem is from the main character. Having a main character that isn't densed is a good thing but him being constantly undecisive is where the anime lost me. The first episode was very promising and so is the conflict afterwards with the arrival of lilina? or Ririna? and the idea of forbidden love (Nisaka's feelings) but after that the story was in a constant loop. If the main lead really love his childhood friend isn't it better if they had an open discussion with his family, lilina's family and misaki's family instead of trying to resolve the problem themselves and going nowhere? It tries to be interesting and unique but in the end it's just rom-com anime #4981.
Oct 2, 2017 10:18 AM
Oct 2007
I think I like this more than Masamune-kun no Revenge though despite not finishing the latter yet.

One thing for sure is that I will definitely miss listening to the OP and ED every week. Lol
Oct 3, 2017 6:17 PM

Jan 2014
The end of this... completely sucked. Honestly, I'm only giving this anime a 7 because of Nisaka. Too bad he didn't even get the proper closure he deserved.
Oct 4, 2017 8:49 AM

May 2016
Wow, are you all NORMIES or something?

OF FUCKING COURSE he wouldn't choose someone now when the manga is still going.

Seriously, most people here should already have more than enough experience with anime to know that a conclusive ending would not happen.

Anyway, I'm giving this show a lowkey 6/10.
HyperLOct 4, 2017 8:54 AM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Oct 7, 2017 8:45 AM

Sep 2009
Ehh? I thought there was still a mystery to solve? What's with the notices in the beginning and what's with Takasakis lie?
And I don't really get the ending either like he doesn't even choose one he just goes the harem route? It's just like telling us oh yeah I'm going to date both until I realize who my real soul mate is. I mean that's some super dissapointing ending and I feel like a lot of the stuff they tried to explore just went nowhere and the anime ends nowhere, too.

Oct 7, 2017 5:19 PM
Jul 2017
I just wanted him to pick the best girl :-:
Oct 8, 2017 11:02 AM

Jul 2013
The ending really killed the show for me. Ugh.
Oct 8, 2017 3:48 PM

Oct 2010
"Scientifically perfect match" is the biggest lie here.
It takes two somewhat compatible persons and binds them together.
Just see: 'scientifically proved' premise, heavy family and society pressure, government measures to prevent breaking — why you would need all that if match was really perfect? Just let destined people to meet and voila: they would be ever happy without any push.
But this is not 'perfect match'. This is a system that works the same way as traditional arranged marriage. You are not destined to be together, you have to work it out and adapt to each other because you have no choice. It's a big government lie to increase birth rates.

That is why I despise author greatly — he makes characters fight wrong enemy. System is wrong here. Screw it over. Make Nejima go main office and say — "Go to the hell with your notices, remake it and let us live our way". See the truth.
Oct 8, 2017 11:46 PM

Oct 2013
So...........threesome? Yay!!!
Oct 12, 2017 9:27 AM

Sep 2013
In the end it truly was Koi to Uso "claps"
I approve of the polygamy ending or maybe misaki will cheat on her arranged husband and keep going out with yukari, 7.5/10
Oct 14, 2017 4:48 PM

Apr 2014
The open ending made this show feel like a waste of time for me. Just talking/talking/talking never finding out the secrets him never really pick either of them.
Oct 16, 2017 3:49 PM

Nov 2014
soooo... what's the point? no ending? disappointed
It started with those mutual feelings between two teenagers, now it's somehow a harem ending... at this rate at least include niisaka! Poor guy, left alone in the closet :(

Oct 19, 2017 3:57 AM
Jul 2011
I really liked the kiss scene with Ririna. But the rest of the episode wasn't that interesting.

I really liked most of the show. But the last few episodes lost some steam.

I would've given an 8/10, but after the last few episodes, I'd give it 7.5/10 overall.
Oct 20, 2017 4:50 AM

Jan 2016
Honestly, the anime did not meet my expectations, The main character was beta-kun and different aspects of the story remained unclear.The animation was good, but the shape of the head of the characters was like an egg and their eyes were huge!!

i liked ending song and also OST was decent as expected from Yokoyama Masaru compositions (he worked on Kuzu no honkai and Shigatsu wa kimi no uso)
Oct 20, 2017 5:45 PM

Aug 2014
I am quite sure it havent end for the manga.

For anime overall the OST is quite great,
I loved the Shoujo Art though the Genre on manga is implied to be Shounen lol.

I wonder why alot of people bashed this objectively?
If i was in Yukari place i would've done the same,
If i choose different or the opposite things are the same because in every people all everything is wrong.
Same apply to mal ratings,
Everything is subjective when it comes to option.

Though sadly nisaka havent got much screentime to confess his feeling.
The whole story seems doesnt properly linking each other yet which i already mentioned it havent ended on source material.

For the harem ending, i am not sure (or poligamy that is),
Just assumption its kinda obvious that Misaki assigned husband would be Nisaka.
Unless a new person pop out of nowhere and theres also Shuu,Kagetsu,and Motoi story havent properly covered.
Oct 21, 2017 6:58 PM

Apr 2015
Nejima is indecisive as f**k. The ending was also very rushed.
Oct 21, 2017 10:29 PM

Mar 2014
This ending was the correct one.

6/10
Oct 22, 2017 8:19 PM

Jun 2013
Well it was okay. I don't mind the open ending that much and I would prefer a harem ending instead of picking one over the other. But I read that it is somewhere between Kuzu no Honkai and Nisekoi in terms of the plot. And after completing this show I feel the same way. The story wasn't that amazing. It has this absurd and ridiculous concept of the government deciding your life partner without your consent or choice that you can't reject without dire consequences. It's almost like dictatorship. In addition, there is a typical scenario of an indecisive beta protagonist who is unaware of his own feelings and two female protagonists who value each others feelings more than their own. But the show has a lot of physical interaction and secrets which I hope they uncover in S2.

However, the show makes true love feel pointless because in the end you might just fall in love with some random stranger you are paired with against your will. I can only imagine the amount of unhappy couples this leads to. But the anime tries to justify this with scientific reasoning and testimonials of other characters. And it kind of seem like the story is heading that way even if Yukari says he loves them both. But I just hope it doesn't end up like Nisekoi manga did.

I-JitsuOct 22, 2017 8:26 PM
Oct 23, 2017 8:29 AM

Jan 2014
oh well, I smell an ending like this a mile ago. I feel like wasting my time watching this.
Nejima come out his true feelings, but didn't say it out loud.

basically, the three of them entered the state where they're all can't live without each other, because Nejima took this so long to decide. thanks to Nisaka that makes Nejima to move.

please, no second season if only would bring me more feels train. and I wouldn't bother to read the manga, since it only bring me more feels train and hurt my heart.
Oct 23, 2017 8:42 PM

Oct 2012
Although the show got repetitive at times and didn't truly resolve the relationships I was engaged the entire time. And the art's great. I can't blame Yukari for falling for both of them. I mean he's still young and hardly even knows himself. Misaki kept saying that she "couldn't" but wouldn't reveal why. I thought maybe it had something to do with protecting Yuusuke but I guess not. The kissing scene with Ririna really was lovely (she just wanted to practice, right? And of course nice guy Yukari felt obliged to accommodate.
Oct 26, 2017 10:01 PM

Feb 2013
I'm not a fan of open endings like this, but from what I understand the manga is still going, so an original end might have been bad.....plus now there could be a season 2, and I'm all for it. (team Ririna(not often I change my mind mid anime for best girl))

7/10 could be bumped up if there is a season 2.
Nov 2, 2017 9:45 AM

May 2013
Hm. Idk, mang. The story concept is interesting and I feel like it had potential. But too much wishy-washy, back and forth scenarios, confusion, drama, never finding a proper solution and just how wrong the whole situation was in the first place-- :/

Both are good girls. I still don't know who to root for. Ehhhh.

5/10 for me. Not the greatest anime.

I really liked Nisaka but felt too sorry for him :( he's always quietly being the good guy without getting what he deserves. Neji is a weak MC as well. I still liked his personality and I understand he doesn't want to hurt anyone, but still. Such a messy situation to be in :3 Mixed feelings about this anime, but overall sticking with my rating.
Nov 6, 2017 11:18 PM

Jun 2011
Terrible ending, ruined the series a little bit for me, it sucked, knowing it's anime original and he couldn't choose between one of them, afraid there may be heartbreak. His heart probably already knew who he's gonna choose aka Ririna, but he's still holding onto his crush that was Misaki. I've read chapter 116-124 as suggested, and the story of Yajima makes it even more apparent that Neji is going to choose his true love.. though who it is, remains the question.

Also, both Misaki and Ririna are wasted on Neji, didn't like how Neji is such a beta cuck. Stop getting flustered over everything and be such beta when girls get mad at you, don't apologize immediately without knowing what you did wrong man, that's not even being kind anymore, that's just insincere. Really no clue what they see in this blockhead that's not even all that interesting, feel like he's a self-insert protagonist, meaning trash. Ending further enhances Neji's indecisiveness.

OST is decent, gives off a "dangerous" vibe, but sometimes it's misplaced, sometimes it's overplayed. Overall positive.
ToG25thBaamNov 6, 2017 11:25 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 8, 2017 6:30 AM

Sep 2017
I couldn't careless which girl Nejima's gonna pick, but I really feel bad for my boy Nisaka, the high school version of Mou Ten (Meng Tian).
The main reason I watched this series till the end was just because of him.
He deserves a better life.
aknsssNov 8, 2017 6:44 AM
Nov 9, 2017 9:38 AM

Jan 2013
Through tears and smiles, I loved the experiences this anime brought me.
Getting to learn more about Ririna and Misaki, riding through their emotions and witnessing their strength to endure sacrificing one's self for the happiness of their loved ones was memorable.

Due to my selfish desires I loved this ending. I don't wish to make a decision between the happiness of either of them.
GenesisAria said:
I stand by my original statement: they're more than capable of being a very stable and happy threesome because of mutual love and compersion.
I'm not familiar with Polygamy but in my mind I regarded it with a sense of being unpure or loose, like "friends with benefits" or questionable "forced marriage" for the benefit of one. Entirely contrary to these believes, I would love to accept this anime as a bitter-sweet transition to a heartwarming glimpse of a situations where three or more people CAN love and accept each other in such a way. I believe a big part of society doesn't accept three way marriages and I think it's even illegal here. That mentality may be a part of why people in this thread feel unsatisfied without a clear side being chosen, but personally I've come to see their three way love as "pure", acceptable as an ending to stop their self-sacrificing ways and legal if they were to agree to it. Granted, I don't know how jealousy works in this kind of situation... But they could figure it out somehow.

A certain 10/10 anime for causing so many emotions in me and opening my mind to a different kind of love.
Nov 9, 2017 9:06 PM

Aug 2017
GenesisAria said:
I stand by my original statement: they're more than capable of being a very stable and happy threesome because of mutual love and compersion.

I totally agree with this, It's clear that Neji is in love with both of them and they both are extremely close friends and were willing to give him to the other so I think a relationship between all 3 of them could work out.

Regardless of it's flaws it was likely the only way a happy ending could be achieved, if he had picked one of them then the other would have been left miserable.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

» What the is the concept of Koi to Uso (Spoilers)

Darth_InVader - Feb 23, 2019

10 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Apr 5, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Koi to Uso Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2017

90 by Giolbat »»
Mar 18, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Koi to Uso Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2017

306 by Ak2005 »»
Dec 9, 2023 1:35 PM

» Koi to uso -About Anime, Manga and my feelings for Sanada Ririna [and the fact that i think I've come to genuinely develop love feelings for her even though shes not real]

ScaryNightmare - Jul 14, 2023

5 by ScaryNightmare »»
Jul 16, 2023 9:53 AM

Poll: » Koi to Uso Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2017

171 by 1_Mikay_1 »»
Jun 26, 2023 5:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.