Forum Settings
Forums

What are your NOTP? aka ships/pairings you absolutely hate...?

Pages (14) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 »
Post New Reply
Nov 14, 2019 8:49 PM

Every fucking gay ship that have came out of the My Hero Academia fandom.

Nov 14, 2019 8:51 PM

Pakumen- said:
Every fucking gay ship that have came out of the My Hero Academia fandom.

tbh comments like this always brought me back to how I was before. I can picture myself saying this XD I used to hate gay ship
OTP: Kid x Law | Katsuki x Izuku | Erwin x Levi | Hide x Kaneki | Sanada x Yukimura | Guren x Shinya | See more!

» My doujinshi collection
» Favorite Boku no Hero Academia doujinshi

Nov 14, 2019 8:52 PM

actuallyaadhi said:
Subaru x emilia is the single worst ship ever and I cant believe it is canon

This ship is so notoriously hated I can't help but to get curious and maybe I'll watch it just to see it haha.
OTP: Kid x Law | Katsuki x Izuku | Erwin x Levi | Hide x Kaneki | Sanada x Yukimura | Guren x Shinya | See more!

Nov 14, 2019 8:56 PM

Shicchi said:

tbh comments like this always brought me back to how I was before. I can picture myself saying this XD I used to hate gay ship

I don't hate gay ships (I have quite a few of gay friends, both Gay and lesbian) and I don't really care about that. However the entire fandom ruins the series.

You can not go to any single place regarding to MHA without having to see the obsession that people have with it. Also the fact that they are all kids makes it worse for me.

Basically there is no thread of discussion or hype about MHA, is everything about Deku x everyone or Jirou x every single girl. It sickens me.

The only OTP that I hated as much as this was the Naruhina and SasuSaku before they became canon, because there is no war anymore at least (still, Boruto and Sarada are trash characters but that's a whole different thing).

Nov 14, 2019 9:02 PM

Any ship involving an abusive tsundere.

Kyo x Kagura from Fruits Basket is particularly cringeworty.

Lechter x Kloe. Gosh, Kloe deserves better than that. He's too irresponsible, negligent, and willfully tries to mess with people and waste their time, giving them roundabout answers rather than reciprocating their sincerity. He's a habitual liar who willing supports an evil tyrant for no other reason than because "it's entertaining to him". Lucy would be a better match for Lechter as she actively tries to deal with him, but no woman should have to try to deal with her man like that in the first place.

(Trails in the Sky SC ending spoilers)

Nov 14, 2019 10:13 PM

Shicchi said:
MeisterDM said:

Bakugou = a raging asshole who happens to be a bully, never truly suffers the consequences of his actions, is never called out on his behaviour, cannot keep his cool for more than a few seconds, his personality completely revolves around Midoriya, etc. If you take everything he does into account, he is a sorry excuse for a human being. That guy is worse than 95% of tsunderes, at least they can actually be sweet at times.

Why is that if I dislike/hate a character, I'm automatically a blind hater? People can hate any anime character they want, so why is that your beloved wretched husbando an exception? XD If he was a girl, you would hate him because assholery is hot to you only if the person is male and attractive. [see: your favorites and your hated characters.]

Duh, the same could be said to YOU dear. Look at how blind you are.
If you take everything he does into account, you'll understand him. It doesn't necessarily make you like him. But you'll understand him.
Did you ever see me defending his bad behavior or turn a blind eyes to his flaws? No.
I acknowledge his short comings and flaws. He is an arrogant asshole, has fragile overinflated ego, and has violent streak in him. But I also take into account his development and his good points and how he come to be the way he is (unlike you). He is the most complex character in the series so far and that make him more relatable to some of us.

You sounded like a blind hater because of how you always responded to Bakugou related topics with bashing and disrespectful argument and you only pointed out the bad points.
People can hate what they hate. I just hope they don't deliberately bash in front of someone that is clearly a huge fan of said character. It's called childish, petty and toxic.

Such hypocrisy. Everyone knows attractiveness is a big influence. Those who don't think so is just in big denial.
I'm willing to bet if Bakugou is a girl, I'd like her all the same. Men will be crazy for her. There are tons of doujinshi that portrayed him as girl. Female Bakugou is basically his mother anyways lol. Look how popular she is among male fans despite only appeared for like, 1 minute.

Did you only check my top 10 favorite or my extended favorite? I have Revy, Victorique and Hildegard in my favorites. I'm not against all tsunderes/violent girls. As long as it's well written.
Too bad there is rarely any female character that has such complexity and is written as deep.

>Implying that bakugou has depth
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RqOn7wa4jRU

I also checked your hated character list. Otae beating the shit out of kondo (being nice doesn’t mean you’re entitled to someone) is absolutely disgusting and haram, but Okita trying to kill hijikata and Kamui killing people like the blood knight he is (initially) is apparently A-okay to you because they’re pretty boys.

Sakura often beats the shit out of Naruto, but there are male characters with similar personalities in other anime, but that doesn’t bother you either.

Tohsaka Rin and Kurisu don’t even behave violently, yet them showing any sign of animosity is a bad thing to you.

I’m pretty sure that they were guys, you’d like them.
Those are just a few examples.

Nov 14, 2019 10:23 PM
-Ayu said:
I can think of many things. I usually don't ship any Yaoi ships in Non-Shounen-Ai stuff because it never works in my eyes. The same goes for any Yuri ship. I don't like it that much if characters are shipped with each other with no reason. I still tolerate few ships if it seems logical in my eyes.
Some ships I don't like that much:

- Killua x Gon (Hunter x Hunter)
- Gray x Lucy (Fairy Tail)
- Gray x Erza (Fairy Tail)
- Lelouch x Shirley (Code Geass)
- Hinata x Sasuke (Naruto) (like WTF?)
- Tooru x Yuki (Fruits Basket)
- Amu x Tadase (Shugo Chara!)
- Sasuke x Naruto (Naruto)
- Eren x Levi (Attack on Titan)
- Eren x Mikasa (Attack on Titan)
- Mikasa x Levi (Attack on Titan)
- Ciel x Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji)
- Lucy x Sting or Lucy x Rogue (Fairy Tail) WTF...

That's only few of them.
I don't like them mostly because:
1. The characters never even interacted with each other.
2. The characters are really good friends and a relationship would destroy it. For example Gon x Killua. Both of them are such great best friends. Almost like brothers!
3. Doesn't make sense or I already ship one character with someone else.

I'm curious why certain ships are on that list, since a couple are really well-developed and even canon. I get Lucy/Sting being weird because it isn't canon whatsoever (that said, I admit I lowkey want to see Lucy and Gray be a thing), but ships like Eren and Mikasa or Lelouch and Shirley are actually quite important to their respective series.

Nov 14, 2019 10:27 PM
Like a lot of previous answers, I would definitely put Levi/Mikasa from Attack on Titan on a NOTP list. I just don't get the appeal, aside from them being similar characters. They canonically don't like each other very much, they're possibly related, and there's a huge age gap between them. I just don't get it.

Aoshi and Misao from Rurouni Kenshin is another one for me. I love both characters and I love the series, but I can't get behind the idea of them together, considering the noticeable age gap and power imbalance. My aversion to the ship has only gotten stronger after certain things about the author came to light....

Nov 14, 2019 10:34 PM

swordsmithing said:
Aoshi and Misao from Rurouni Kenshin is another one for me. I love both characters and I love the series, but I can't get behind the idea of them together, considering the noticeable age gap and power imbalance.

Age gaps were not an issue back in the Meiji era though. Kenshin and Kaoru have the same,if not bigger gap and everyone was fine with that.

Nov 14, 2019 10:53 PM

What does the term "ships" mean? I don't get it.

Nov 14, 2019 11:31 PM

Pakumen- said:
Shicchi said:

I don't hate gay ships (I have quite a few of gay friends, both Gay and lesbian) and I don't really care about that. However the entire fandom ruins the series.

You can not go to any single place regarding to MHA without having to see the obsession that people have with it. Also the fact that they are all kids makes it worse for me.

Basically there is no thread of discussion or hype about MHA, is everything about Deku x everyone or Jirou x every single girl. It sickens me.

The only OTP that I hated as much as this was the Naruhina and SasuSaku before they became canon, because there is no war anymore at least (still, Boruto and Sarada are trash characters but that's a whole different thing).

Lol I'm sorry about your unpleasant experience.
I don't know which place you went into but it certainly sounds sickening.

In discord server I joined in, everyone seems pretty nice and dandy. Most are university student, some even is a married woman.

Sadly, the fandom can be annoying like that.
But it's not all like that. Some people do discuss the plot and character study.
Some people do discuss things other than gay ship lol. In fact, BnHA is better than One Piece fandom (at least the shipping part). The het ship is even more non existent there.

I never been in Naruto fandom but something as popular as Naruto... I can imagine how the fandom looks like. Especially with the ship war.
The thing about gay ships in shounen is, ppl usually just busy with their own delusion bcs none is going to become canon anyway. Meanwhile, in Naruto, Bleach, Re:zero, the ship war is more vicious (I think?) because both ship has potential to be canon lol.

Nov 14, 2019 11:31 PM

Water-sama said:
What does the term "ships" mean? I don't get it.

I means, you pair two character together in romantic way ;D

Nov 14, 2019 11:45 PM

MeisterDM said:
Shicchi said:

Duh, the same could be said to YOU dear. Look at how blind you are.
If you take everything he does into account, you'll understand him. It doesn't necessarily make you like him. But you'll understand him.
Did you ever see me defending his bad behavior or turn a blind eyes to his flaws? No.
I acknowledge his short comings and flaws. He is an arrogant asshole, has fragile overinflated ego, and has violent streak in him. But I also take into account his development and his good points and how he come to be the way he is (unlike you). He is the most complex character in the series so far and that make him more relatable to some of us.

You sounded like a blind hater because of how you always responded to Bakugou related topics with bashing and disrespectful argument and you only pointed out the bad points.
People can hate what they hate. I just hope they don't deliberately bash in front of someone that is clearly a huge fan of said character. It's called childish, petty and toxic.

Such hypocrisy. Everyone knows attractiveness is a big influence. Those who don't think so is just in big denial.
I'm willing to bet if Bakugou is a girl, I'd like her all the same. Men will be crazy for her. There are tons of doujinshi that portrayed him as girl. Female Bakugou is basically his mother anyways lol. Look how popular she is among male fans despite only appeared for like, 1 minute.

Did you only check my top 10 favorite or my extended favorite? I have Revy, Victorique and Hildegard in my favorites. I'm not against all tsunderes/violent girls. As long as it's well written.
Too bad there is rarely any female character that has such complexity and is written as deep.

I also checked your hated character list. Otae beating the shit out of kondo (being nice doesn’t mean you’re entitled to someone) is absolutely disgusting and haram, but Okita trying to kill hijikata and Kamui killing people like the blood knight he is (initially) is apparently A-okay to you because they’re pretty boys.

Sakura often beats the shit out of Naruto, but there are male characters with similar personalities in other anime, but that doesn’t bother you either.

Tohsaka Rin and Kurisu don’t even behave violently, yet them showing any sign of animosity is a bad thing to you.

Aww, I'm flattered you even took time to read my messy profile page haha.

/Anyway, I didn't watch the vid you gave me/

I have 0 opinion about Kamui tbh.
I believe Okita's trying to kill Hijikata is comic relief. It's exaggerated portrayal of his hatred towards the man. I get it if people hate it though.

Just because Rin and Kurisu doesn't behave violently so I can't hate them? Why? I have my own reason to hate them. Rin to lesser extent because I don't really like the series in the first place. So she is easily a forgotten character.

I have no idea why you're judging my likes and dislikes. You went from bashing a fictional character to bashing my preferences now.
I think it's clear that I have differrent likes and dislikes for female and male character. Is this a foreign concept to you? Is this a crime?

You only stating the obvious at this point. I never deny that I love bad boys in my fiction as I stated myself in my profile page.

I don't know what you were trying to accomplish here.

One thing for sure, Bakugou, regardless of his sex, is an interesting character and a character I admire and can relate quite closely. That's why I think I can put aside my hatred of tsundere even if he were a girl. As I stated before, I can love a female tsundere if I find the character interesting enough. Sadly, it's a very rare case because I haven't found female character that is written good enough.

Nov 14, 2019 11:50 PM

swordsmithing said:
Like a lot of previous answers, I would definitely put Levi/Mikasa from Attack on Titan on a NOTP list. I just don't get the appeal, aside from them being similar characters. They canonically don't like each other very much, they're possibly related, and there's a huge age gap between them. I just don't get it.

Aoshi and Misao from Rurouni Kenshin is another one for me. I love both characters and I love the series, but I can't get behind the idea of them together, considering the noticeable age gap and power imbalance. My aversion to the ship has only gotten stronger after certain things about the author came to light....

Okay this piqued my interest. What certain things about the author....?????

It's easy for me to understand why people ship Levi and Mikasa lol.
They are basically the best boy and best girl of the series.
I hate that ship because I already ship them both with someone else XD

Nov 15, 2019 12:06 AM

Zack and Racheal from Satsuriku No Tenshi.

For starters Zack is in his 20s and Rachel is 13 so...

Thank god it's not a cannon thing but I hate it when people ship them.

Also any gay ships of cannonly straight characters. Like according to most of the fan base. Haikyuu doesn't have one straight person.
Modified by DaiNyite, Nov 15, 2019 12:10 AM

Nov 15, 2019 1:24 AM

DaiNyite said:

Also any gay ships of cannonly straight characters. Like according to most of the fan base. Haikyuu doesn't have one straight person.

1. Okay I didn't know Rachel is 13 yo. Won't stop me from shipping them though. Age is easy to alter.
2. You know that it's only a fan thing right?

Nov 15, 2019 7:55 AM
Any 'romance' which is never developed over the course of the series but we are supposed to believe happened during the timeskip just before the epilogue in battle shonens.

Nov 15, 2019 8:40 AM

RogueCitizen64 said:
Any 'romance' which is never developed over the course of the series but we are supposed to believe happened during the timeskip just before the epilogue in battle shonens.

Examples please :3

Though I might have an idea XD

Nov 15, 2019 9:18 AM

Shicchi said:
DaiNyite said:

1. Okay I didn't know Rachel is 13 yo. Won't stop me from shipping them though. Age is easy to alter.

Lol, I like you a lot, Shicchi. xD

@DaiNyite
ZackxRay might as WELL be canon; the novel says she looks at him as though she "was gazing at her most beloved person in the world" so :p

Also she won't be 14 FOREVER...what's wrong with shipping them then? Everybody knows RACHEL is the adult in the relationship anyway; Zack's like mentally twelve. xD

Modified by Chiibi, Nov 15, 2019 9:55 AM

Nov 15, 2019 11:41 AM

Chiibi said:
Shicchi said:

@DaiNyite
ZackxRay might as WELL be canon; the novel says she looks at him as though she "was gazing at her most beloved person in the world" so :p

Also she won't be 14 FOREVER...what's wrong with shipping them then? Everybody knows RACHEL is the adult in the relationship anyway; Zack's like mentally twelve. xD

@Shicchi @Chiibi

Zack and Rachel are both mentality unstable and the feeling is platonic acceptance. Not once was their relationship shown to be anything more than people who relied on each other. Also beloved doesn't have to mean romantic. Yes, age can be altered but all the fan art I've seen doesn't and I don't enjoy seeing a 13 year old in that kind of light. Children shouldn't be sexulized, even more so if they weren't created to be. It's just wrong. (in which I'm now assuming you two to be fairly young if you think this relationship is okay.)

As for the Haikyuu fan base making everyone gay... I know it's just them but like Tanaka and Noya are known to have crushes on the female manager Kiyoko but everyone turns their heads and calls them gay. It's slightly annoying is all.

I know this is all opinions but mine are no paedophilia and let the straight ships live too. I don't mind the gay ships just calm down about it and if someone is clearly straight don't put your gay fetish onto them. (Same if someone is gay. Just don't make them straight just cause you want to.)

Anime and Manga shouldn't be taken too seriously but I personally don't like changing anything that is cannon because then it's not that story anymore.

Sorry for the long post! Have fun and be nice!

Nov 15, 2019 11:42 AM
Shicchi said:
RogueCitizen64 said:

Examples please :3

Though I might have an idea XD

The exact ones you're probably thinking of, all of the 'romance' in Naruto, Bleach etc.

Nov 15, 2019 12:02 PM

DaiNyite said:
Zack and Rachel are both mentality unstable and the feeling is platonic acceptance. Not once was their relationship shown to be anything more than people who relied on each other.

Haha WRONG. It's absolutely there; they're just sneaky about it because people (like you) would freak out if it was blatant.

*The ending theme song is Rachel's love song to Zack sung by Rachel's voice actress
*Rachel uses a red thread to fix Zack's wound. Red thread symbolizes "lovers" in Japanese lore.
*EddiexRayxZack is portrayed as a love triangle; even the dialogue plays on it.
*In the novel, Zack describes Rachel's sleeping face "as beautiful as an angel"
*Both Zack and Ray use the kabe-don trope on each other.
*Zack gives Ray his knife. In the olden days, this was a gesture of a wedding proposal.
*Sanada, the creator HIMSELF said "romance could exist in a relationship like theirs".

Also there's THIS shot.

That is not a "platonic" look. By any means. xD

They're in love. Suck it. :)

Also beloved doesn't have to mean romantic.

I can read Japanese and in this case, it does.

Children shouldn't be sexulized, even more so if they weren't created to be.

How is shipping=sexualizing? Lol And you're complaining about Rule 34? Good luck; if it exists, there is porn of it. :/ Maybe it's not tasteful...but it doesn't hurt anyone.

It's just wrong. (in which I'm now assuming you two to be fairly young if you think this relationship is okay.)

You are only allowed to say "it's wrong" in real life. Don't be a damn SJW. :/ I'm in my thirties. I ship them. The Funimation staff ships them. BOTH manga-kas ship them and the novel author definitely ships them.

See, we happen to be mature enough to go "This is the beauty of fiction. Fiction and reality exist in a different vacuum." We're big girls. We can handle it.

If you want us to have fun, don't try to ruin our fun by applying morals to shipping. :/

@RogueCitizen64

I agree; timeskip romance is complete BULLSHIT. xD Hate it.
Modified by Chiibi, Nov 15, 2019 12:18 PM

Nov 15, 2019 1:22 PM

Orihime and Ichigo. Why did that become canon? Rukia-chan come back😭

Nov 15, 2019 1:44 PM

Going to have a little bit of a rant here...

So back in the day there were certain ships I found annoying (and still do). I really don't like Lizzie paired with Ciel or just anyone in Black Butler because I find her character infuriating. I also didn't really like any pairings in SAO. But the thing is, you can just avoid the ships you don't like.

This is where my newfound hatred for certain ships come from...And it isn't for the ship itself, it is for the shippers.

Eruri (AOT) - I honestly really love this ship. I adore these characters and think they work well together. But other people who ship it, jesus christ can you not attack other people in the fandom for five minutes? You can ship eruri without shitting all over every other pairing. I've even had eruri shippers shit all over me even though I also like it because I committed the great sin of mentioning other ships, or even just telling them "hey, maybe don't send death threats to people over this?"

Levihan (AOT ) - I don't really ship this but I get why people do. But the problem is a lot of levihan shippers will shit all over other pairings and say any mlm pairings is "fetishisation". Or even worse, try to argue eruri is "problematic" because of the ackerbond or the height difference or Erwin is a father figure...apparently?

Yumikuri (AOT ) - Again, I actually ship this too. But some of the shippers are infuriating. Please stop pretending this is a perfect healthy uwu ship and you're now allowed to be an asshole to other people. Also people can ship Historia with other characters if they want. It isn't "erasing lesbian rep".

Viktor/Yuuri (YOI ) - Haven't finished watching the whole series so no particularly strong feelings on the ship itself. But I've ended up hating people who ship it because they can't seem to just enjoy the ship without ranting about how YOI is the only pure soft unproblematic BL to ever exist and the "evil fujoshis" are ruining anime. The ship isn't even that healthy anyway. Viktor makes fun of Yuri's weight at the beginning.

Ash/Eiji ( Banana Fish) - Again, I really love this ship. And I loved the series. But for some reason despite all the dark themes in the show it has managed to attract a load of fans who like to shit on other people for being "problematic". Did you not pay attention to what you watched? There's rape and child abuse in abundance in this show.

Every single ship in bnha - I just cannot enjoy this series any more because of the fans and all the wars that break out over ships. Look, it's okay to have headcanons about certain characters. If you think Momo is a lesbian, that's fine. If you see Todoroki as bi or ace, or anything else, that's fine. If you feel uncomfortable with bakudeku, that's okay. But stop attacking each other over this shit. And stop trying to protect fictional characters that don't exist. They are just drawings. I don't care how much you identify with the character, it's not a real person.

In conclusion, ship whatever the hell you want. You want to ship something problematic? Go nuts. You want to ship something healthy and pure? Do that. But if you do ship a "healthy pure uwu" ship, that doesn't make you morally superior to anyone. If you act like a dick, you're still a dick whether you ship eruri or not.

Nov 15, 2019 2:46 PM

Shicchi said:
MeisterDM said:

I believe Okita's trying to kill Hijikata is comic relief. It's exaggerated portrayal of his hatred towards the man. I get it if people hate it though.

Just because Rin and Kurisu doesn't behave violently so I can't hate them? Why? I have my own reason to hate them. Rin to lesser extent because I don't really like the series in the first place. So she is easily a forgotten character.

I have no idea why you're judging my likes and dislikes. You went from bashing a fictional character to bashing my preferences now.
I think it's clear that I have differrent likes and dislikes for female and male character. Is this a foreign concept to you? Is this a crime?

You only stating the obvious at this point. I never deny that I love bad boys in my fiction as I stated myself in my profile page.

One thing for sure, Bakugou, regardless of his sex, is an interesting character and a character I admire and can relate quite closely. That's why I think I can put aside my hatred of tsundere even if he were a girl. As I stated before, I can love a female tsundere if I find the character interesting enough. Sadly, it's a very rare case because I haven't found female character that is written good enough.

Liking a certain trait in one gender but hating it in the opposite gender is hypocrisy. Thats like saying that its okay for men to have multiple sex partners but not women. Also, for some weird reason, almost all your hated characters are female. All anime guys are apparently queens to you unless they're written to be hated (mineta, sasuke, makoto).

You (and everyone who likes him) relate to that hideous blond creature? lmao. I guess you like to bully other people, tell disabled people to commit suicide, call other people "extras" and other hateful insults, yell and scream 24/7, is completely incapable of controlling your anger and have a normal conversation with people. You should get better role models. I swear to god bakugou fans defend him to the death from every post/comment online criticizing him. Seriously, fans of other asshole/villain anime characters are reasonable and acknowledge their favourite characters' wrongdoings, unlike you guys who don't seem to use thir brain.

@chiibi a ship involving a child and an older person without sex or sexual attraction involved is still pedophilia.
Modified by MeisterDM, Nov 16, 2019 2:27 PM

Nov 15, 2019 4:26 PM

Saber x Gilgamesh. Aside from the really rape-y subtext he has with Saber, I feel like shipping them has a wish fulfillment meaning to it that I find pathetic.

Also I abstain from Kumiko x Reina because Kyoani pretty much changed their sexualities without committing to actually making them a couple (in true Kyoani fashion).

I don't ship in general, I just don't like these two ships in particular.
Modified by JRads47, Nov 15, 2019 4:33 PM

Drifting away like a feather in air

Letting my words take me away from the hurt and despair

Nov 15, 2019 4:37 PM

@DaiNyite

You: "You know. I'm uncomfortable with this pedophilic ship."

Freaks: "HOW DARE YOU INSULT MY GROSSLY PEDOPHILIC SHIP THAT IS NOT ONLY A PEDOPHILIC SHIP BUT ALSO EXTREMELY UNHEALTHY!"

OH SHIT! THIS ACTUALLY POSTED! Oh well, I dug my own grave and I'm not wrong.

Nov 15, 2019 4:39 PM

JRads47 said:
Saber x Gilgamesh. Aside from the really rape-y subtext he has with Saber, I feel like shipping them has a wish fulfillment meaning to it that I find pathetic.

Also I abstain from Kumiko x Reina because Kyoani pretty much changed their sexualities without committing to actually making them a couple (in true Kyoani fashion).

I don't ship in general, I just don't like these two ships in particular.

Gil x Saber shippers just want to be stepped on by Goldilocks (gilgamesh)
Modified by MeisterDM, Nov 15, 2019 4:43 PM

Nov 15, 2019 4:41 PM

-Mae- said:
@DaiNyite

Freaks: "HOW DARE YOU INSULT MY GROSSLY PEDOPHILIC SHIP THAT IS NOT ONLY A PEDOPHILIC SHIP BUT ALSO EXTREMELY UNHEALTHY!"

Don't call people "freaks" for liking something harmless. :/ That's what makes you wrong.

Ships are not required to be healthy. They are not required to be anything.

Nov 15, 2019 4:42 PM

Chiibi said:
-Mae- said:
@DaiNyite

Don't call people "freaks" for liking something harmless. :/ That's what makes you wrong.

Ships are not required to be healthy.

Relationships are supposed to healthy and mutual. You're supposed to show genuine love towards your SO. Also, pedophilia is gross, period.

Nov 15, 2019 4:45 PM

Y'all can we forget my post. I didn't mean to post that, shit. Lol ;w;

I was vent posting and deleting.

This is why we should have an OTP thread instead. :/

Spread positive vibes!

Nov 15, 2019 4:51 PM

MeisterDM said:

Relationships are supposed to healthy and mutual. You're supposed to show genuine love towards your SO.

Let me explain to you how shipping works:

There are no rules.

Also, pedophilia is gross, period.

Zack and Ray don't have a sexual relationship to begin with. But quit policing ships. Lame.

@-Mae- yeah, we got one somewhere lol xD

Nov 15, 2019 6:38 PM

Oh yeah, also Madoka x Homura, Rebellion ruined that one for me.

Drifting away like a feather in air

Letting my words take me away from the hurt and despair

Nov 15, 2019 11:43 PM
Chiibi said:
swordsmithing said:
Aoshi and Misao from Rurouni Kenshin is another one for me. I love both characters and I love the series, but I can't get behind the idea of them together, considering the noticeable age gap and power imbalance.

Age gaps were not an issue back in the Meiji era though. Kenshin and Kaoru have the same,if not bigger gap and everyone was fine with that.

Kenshin and Kaoru, who are probably my favourite anime romance in general, are a totally different situation though. They meet when Kaoru is 17 and running her own dojo and making her own money. For all intents and purposes, she's an adult and an equal to Kenshin. Aoshi and Misao, on the other hand, have known each other since he was an adult and she was a child, and her entire personality and interests revolve around him. The idea of Aoshi suddenly taking a romantic interest in a girl who's been like a kid sister for so many years is just uncomfortable.

Nov 15, 2019 11:45 PM
Shicchi said:
swordsmithing said:

He was fined for possession of child porn. Now that we know he's a pedophile, his already uncomfortable age gap romance is made that much worse.

Nov 16, 2019 5:46 PM

I dunno. I still think MisaoxAoshi is cute...even if it's not something that could happen IRL. :/

like a lot of ships

Nov 17, 2019 8:48 AM

MeisterDM said:
Shicchi said:

Liking a certain trait in one gender but hating it in the opposite gender is hypocrisy. Thats like saying that its okay for men to have multiple sex partners but not women. Also, for some weird reason, almost all your hated characters are female. All anime guys are apparently queens to you unless they're written to be hated (mineta, sasuke, makoto).

You (and everyone who likes him) relate to that hideous blond creature? lmao. I guess you like to bully other people, tell disabled people to commit suicide, call other people "extras" and other hateful insults, yell and scream 24/7, is completely incapable of controlling your anger and have a normal conversation with people. You should get better role models. I swear to god bakugou fans defend him to the death from every post/comment online criticizing him. Seriously, fans of other asshole/villain anime characters are reasonable and acknowledge their favourite characters' wrongdoings, unlike you guys who don't seem to use thir brain.

@chiibi a ship involving a child and an older person without sex or sexual attraction involved is still pedophilia.

Right. You're those people who can't separate fiction from reality.
Call it hypocrisy, whatever. You don't know me personally and how I view the real world and my opinion on gender in real world.
So based on your logic, I'm a tsundere that can't be honest with herself and I love bad boys that swear every 5 seconds. Ridiculous. I don't even swear and I'm allergic to people that swear or say even the slightest rude comment.
Never understand people that think someone's preferences would be equal to that of in real life.
My preferences of anime characters is simply my likes and dislikes of entertainment I like to consume. What characters I like to be in my entertainment medium. What I enjoyed the most and otherwise.

I don't think Sasuke is written to be hated. I'm usually pay more attention to female characters and I have high and strict standards for them. I don't like all male characters. It's just male characters are easier to ignore.

I don't speak for all of Bakugou's fans here.
If you think I like to bully other people, tell disabled people to commit suicide, call other people "extras" and other hateful insults, yell and scream 24/7, is completely incapable of controlling my anger and have a normal conversation with people, then fine. You're allowed to think so if that's what you understood from my statement.
However, allow me to tell you things that I can relate to Bakugou the most:
- Perfectionism
- High standard for myself, resulting in extreme sense of failure everytime I make the slightest mistake
- Prideful, I often find myself unwilling to ask for help because it will make me think I'm incapable
- When Bakugou's backstory revealed, how his personality come from how everyone around him treated him (showering him with praise and praise and praise and praise), I came to realize that might be the case for me too
- That Bakugou's bored pose after he finishes his exam before the time is up, one hand supporting his chin, twirling his pen, looking bored. I was like, holy shit that's me
- His love for spicy food
- I don't think I'm arrogant, but I have a feeling I might do or say things that might implied otherwise without me realizing it myself (okay this is not included in the things I feel like I relate to Bakugou since he is clearly an arrogant asshole lol)
I guess that's the extent of it that I remember atm.
It's rare to find such characteristic to be explored in anime (or maybe I just haven't found it yet until now).
Aside from Bakugou, characters in BnHA that I can relate to the most is Momo and Midoriya
When I said I can relate to some characters, obv not 100%. I don't think such character exist for me
When I can relate to a character well, I usually find it much easier to understand them because I can relate to them

I said, I don't turn a blind eyes to his wrongdoings (how many times I said this already? I wonder if you purposely skipped it when I explained how bad his flaws are).
That being said, doesn't necessarily mean I have to hate him because of it. If anything, it only adds to his layers as a character, it makes him more complex.
It's alright if you can't accept his flaws and wrongdoings and hate him for it. It's cool!
But don't force your opinion on others, because, flashnews! It's called opinion and everyone is entitled to each their own.

And for the millionth time, you are not criticizing him, you're simply bashing. Or should I show you how a proper criticism looks like? :D
Even most MAL reviewers are better than you.

Nov 17, 2019 8:55 AM

swordsmithing said:
Shicchi said:

He was fined for possession of child porn. Now that we know he's a pedophile, his already uncomfortable age gap romance is made that much worse.

OMG

Ok, I wonder how many manga author actually have child porn in their closet haha

Anyway, that's unfortunate. I'm sorry for his fans.

Nov 17, 2019 9:16 AM

DaiNyite said:
Chiibi said:

@DaiNyite

@Shicchi @Chiibi

Zack and Rachel are both mentality unstable and the feeling is platonic acceptance. Not once was their relationship shown to be anything more than people who relied on each other. Also beloved doesn't have to mean romantic. Yes, age can be altered but all the fan art I've seen doesn't and I don't enjoy seeing a 13 year old in that kind of light. Children shouldn't be sexulized, even more so if they weren't created to be. It's just wrong. (in which I'm now assuming you two to be fairly young if you think this relationship is okay.)

As for the Haikyuu fan base making everyone gay... I know it's just them but like Tanaka and Noya are known to have crushes on the female manager Kiyoko but everyone turns their heads and calls them gay. It's slightly annoying is all.

I know this is all opinions but mine are no paedophilia and let the straight ships live too. I don't mind the gay ships just calm down about it and if someone is clearly straight don't put your gay fetish onto them. (Same if someone is gay. Just don't make them straight just cause you want to.)

Anime and Manga shouldn't be taken too seriously but I personally don't like changing anything that is cannon because then it's not that story anymore.

If you took 5 seconds to view my profile, you would know how old I am XD

Ah, you're right about Zach and Rachel relationship. That is, IF you don't wear shipping goggle (which is unable to be removed once you're a shipper, lol).
It doesn't have to be romantic, yet, the opposite also can be applied I guess? It doesn't have to be platonic either, especially if we are already talking off canon. Everything that is not showed on screen and not confirmed by the author is not canon. And so if you only care about canon, then rest assured because the rest of it is just in the head of the fans :3
Yes, sexuallized children is disgusting. However, a 2D drawing can be quite deceiving. So, I usually fell victim of it until someone confirmed their age (which is too late because they are already one of my favorite ship orz). Thankfully, I haven't seen any Rachel that is drawn in kid form (I'm sorry but in the anime she doesn't look like a kid at all................).

Haha, I mean, even Sanji fell victim to such treatment XD
I guess it's pretty annoying yeah. I used to be in your shoes :3

I respect your opinion (as everyone should), but, a fandom is a fandom I guess. Fan domain. In which everything is all up to the fans. They write what they like, they draw what they like. It's not canon, so it's okay because at the end of the day, it's all but just a fanwork and not the actual thing :3
Of course, referencing to canon also important because nobody like OOC-ness XD (except if it's self-indulgent thingy that you make to indulge yourself and no others haha).

I personally prefer fanwork that is made as closely to canon as possible (as is with every fans I guess).
So yeah, making everyone gay is kind of overboard and takes the fun a little bit. (But I can always look for better fanwork to consume :3)

You have fun too and good luck on avoiding fanworks that you don't like! (Believe me, I've been in your shoes when I haven't corrupted yet. Back then KHR fandom only made me angry literally everyone ship Tsuna with every guy and bash the girls, ew lol)

Nov 17, 2019 9:18 AM

Kaneki x Touka bc Touka was abusive towards him. If it was the other way around as Kaneki a female and Touka a male people would have a hard time forgiving Touka but since it's a female hurting male nobody cares

Ochako x Kacchan, seriously wtf is that ship

Levi x Eren cause I don't like Eren, he got extremely good character development but I still find him annoying somehow

Levi x Erwin. I found their duo very good, Levi following Erwin's lead and being so loyal but after seeing the fanarts it ruins the characters' relationship for me. I don't mind others shipping them, I just don't like seeing it.

Ciel x Sebastian, Ciel is just a kid and I don't wanna see Sebastian as a pedo

Todoroki x Kacchan, again wtf

Annie x Bertoldt(it's never sailing lmao), cause I ship Annie x Armin

Nov 17, 2019 9:35 AM

lavah said:
Kaneki x Touka bc Touka was abusive towards him. If it was the other way around as Kaneki a female and Touka a male people would have a hard time forgiving Touka but since it's a female hurting male nobody cares

Ochako x Kacchan, seriously wtf is that ship

Levi x Eren cause I don't like Eren, he got extremely good character development but I still find him annoying somehow

Levi x Erwin. I found their duo very good, Levi following Erwin's lead and being so loyal but after seeing the fanarts it ruins the characters' relationship for me. I don't mind others shipping them, I just don't like seeing it.

Ciel x Sebastian, Ciel is just a kid and I don't wanna see Sebastian as a pedo

Todoroki x Kacchan, again wtf

Annie x Bertoldt(it's never sailing lmao), cause I ship Annie x Armin

- Kaneki x Touka
I don't like this ship either, but not because of it's abusive (I'm one of those that think it's only comic relief). I actually approve of this ship. But Ishida ruined them in tg:re. I simply think he just can't write female character properly, because it's not only Touka that he ruined lol.

- Ochako x Bakugou
The trope sweet girl x bad boy. I used to not minding them, but they got popular and I'm not a fan of Ochako, so it's kinda annoying to see my fav character with her. This ship got brilliant artists in their arsenal, so that's why it's been gaining popularity so far I guess. And their trope is a popular trope too I guess.

- Levi x Eren
Lol, I feel ya. Seeing your fav being shipped with a character you dislike is not fun at all.

- Levi x Erwin
I wonder which fanart you saw lol. I'm always a sucker for romance born from loyalty, so it's like autoship for me haha.

- Ciel x Sebastion
Gosh, I hate this ship too. Ciel looks too girly and he looks and IS a child. NOPE.

- Todoroki x Bakugou
Best characters of the series (and also the hottest). Such characters is bound to be shipped lol (just like Levi x Mikasa, I guess).

- Annie x Bertolt
Is this ship popular? It's kinda one-sided and I'm sad for Bert if Annie rejected him :(
Though I guess I don't mind seeing them in some "alternate universe" setting haha.
I prefer him with Reiner tho (again, loyalty thingy). I also low key ship Armin with Eren lel

Nov 17, 2019 10:04 AM
The one ship I cannot understand is Sebastian x Ciel. Like come on people!! He’s a kid!

Nov 17, 2019 10:09 AM

Chuuya x Dazai because Chuuya doesn't like dazai and is annoyed by his presence.

@shicchi
I've seen unrepentant anime villains that were easier to sympathize with than that joke of a hero. At least they're presented as the villains they really are and not as "kawaii uwu poor misunderstood victim" like bakugou omegaLUL. If that was true, I would despise every villain and morally ambiguous character to ever exist.
Modified by MeisterDM, Nov 17, 2019 10:16 AM

Nov 17, 2019 10:17 AM

I hate the RosettixKufa ship in Assassin's Pride. Every time she clings to him, I get annoyed. BACK OFF BITCH. THAT'S MELIDA'S MAN. D:<

Shicchi said:

Ah, you're right about Zach and Rachel relationship. That is, IF you don't wear shipping goggle (which is unable to be removed once you're a shipper, lol).
It doesn't have to be romantic, yet,

Like I said, the ending song is Ray's love song to Zack.

I think that's more than just shipping goggles. :)

Nov 17, 2019 7:12 PM
Shicchi said:
swordsmithing said:

OMG

Ok, I wonder how many manga author actually have child porn in their closet haha

Anyway, that's unfortunate. I'm sorry for his fans.

There's actually been a couple manga writers who have been busted for the same crime, but I never expected that to happen with this particular writer. It was a sad day for the Rurouni Kenshin fanbase indeed.

Nov 18, 2019 7:44 AM

MeisterDM said:
Chuuya x Dazai because Chuuya doesn't like dazai and is annoyed by his presence.

@shicchi
I've seen unrepentant anime villains that were easier to sympathize with than that joke of a hero. At least they're presented as the villains they really are and not as "kawaii uwu poor misunderstood victim" like bakugou omegaLUL. If that was true, I would despise every villain and morally ambiguous character to ever exist.

Yeah I'm sorry you have trouble to sympathize with Bakugou. I hope you won't regret wasting your precious time on the anime ^^

Nov 18, 2019 7:50 AM

Chiibi said:
I hate the RosettixKufa ship in Assassin's Pride. Every time she clings to him, I get annoyed. BACK OFF BITCH. THAT'S MELIDA'S MAN. D:<

Shicchi said:

It doesn't have to be romantic, yet,

Like I said, the ending song is Ray's love song to Zack.

I think that's more than just shipping goggles. :)

omg really!!! I never noticed <3333
Modified by Shicchi, Nov 18, 2019 7:53 AM

Nov 18, 2019 8:29 AM

@Shicchi

Yeah, if you have tumblr, I posted the lyrics when the song came out. xD

https://chiibinomonodamon.tumblr.com/post/177188178159/satsuten-ed-pray-lyrics-full

Nov 18, 2019 12:59 PM

Shicchi said:
- Kaneki x Touka
I don't like this ship either, but not because of it's abusive (I'm one of those that think it's only comic relief). I actually approve of this ship. But Ishida ruined them in tg:re. I simply think he just can't write female character properly, because it's not only Touka that he ruined lol.

If it's for comic relief then it's even worse according to me. Just how tsunderes being violent isn't cute imo.

- Levi x Erwin
I wonder which fanart you saw lol. I'm always a sucker for romance born from loyalty, so it's like autoship for me haha.

I've seen some hardcore ones, after seeing those it really starts to feel like they fuck in their offices.

- Annie x Bertolt
Is this ship popular? It's kinda one-sided and I'm sad for Bert if Annie rejected him :(
Though I guess I don't mind seeing them in some "alternate universe" setting haha.
I prefer him with Reiner tho (again, loyalty thingy). I also low key ship Armin with Eren lel

It's not very popular. Annie x Armin are more popular than that. I prefer Bertholt with Reiner too, maybe just bromance or whatever but Reiner being bisexual gives even more reasons to ship them lol.

Nov 18, 2019 1:01 PM

Kaiser-chan said:
SubaruXRem. Disgusting. Emilia is the best.

+1 for this, great taste.

Also any gay couple where the characters are show to clearly be straight... aka shounens and stuff

Pages (14) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 »