Forum Settings
Forums

What are your NOTP? aka ships/pairings you absolutely hate...?

New
Pages (14) « First ... « 12 13 [14]
May 10, 2020 5:54 AM

Jan 2010
Maneki-Mew said:
CrimsonMidnight said:
*starts a praying circle* please don't let Guren x Mahiru become canon....

Huh? It always has been canon. She literally was called his (ex)girlfriend.

Help me, I'm too scared to read 90, I only know a panel and that's enough. ;_;

Right, let me rephrase, I hope they won't end up together again in the end, after what she'd done I'd be hurt if Guren somehow still loves her...

Oh the shit storm in the fandom rn, lol. That chapter is pretty heartbreaking. A parallel to a certain Gureshin scene in the novel >///<
May 10, 2020 6:53 AM

Mar 2020
chuuya x atsushi (bsd)
midoriya x todoroki (bnha)
bakugo x midoriya (bnha)
todoroki x yaoyorozu (bnha)
sasuke x naruto (naruto)
sebastian x ciel (kuroshitsuji)
mikasa x levi (snk)
nagisa x karma (ass class)
all might x midoriya (bnha)
ray x norman (yakusoku no neverland)
May 11, 2020 10:30 AM

Nov 2019
Ahh there are some:

Index, Misaka×Touma (Raildex)
(Simply because there are extremely better candidates to ship with Touma)
Full form of OTP:

Reina×Kumiko (Euphonium)
(It's not even canon. Come on, can't girls be great friends for once?!)

Saiki×Teruhashi (Saiki K)
(Saiki would have been vulnerable to Teru if not for his powers, and she would have dumped him immediately)
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
May 11, 2020 11:08 AM

Oct 2016
I don't like Ochako x Midoriya. I think it's sooo boring and predictable. I KNOW it's going to happen, but I just dislike it. I like both characters, but together they're just blandy bland bland.

L x Light. It's just not, it doesn't work.

Shinoa x Yuu. You can not tell me that Yuu doesn't Mikaela, you just can't. Their bromance is too strong, you just need to take away the r. I love Shinoa, but Yuu doesn't even seem interested in her while he would do (and did) everything for Mikaela.

Alois x Claude. Self explanatory

Sebastian x Ciel. Also self explanatory.

Infact... all the ships from Black Butler do not make much sense either.

Yuno x Yuki. Nothing drives me more crazy than people shipping this. Hell, it's even fucking canon. I think that make it sooo much worse. It's an abusive relationship between a psycho girl and a boy who dosn't know any better. She's such a shit person to be in a relationship with. It even confuses me when people wish she was their waifu.
May 11, 2020 11:13 AM

Jun 2015
Literally ANY straight shipping makes me want to vomit. Shounen guy x shounen girl is disgusting :/ I can't stand it when the heterosexuals overrun a show. This is why I try to avoid any obviously shounen shows with a big male fanbase as much as possible. I'm very hesitant because damn men will try to fight you if you try to ship anybody except a guy and a girl. Fuck hetereoshis
May 11, 2020 1:56 PM

May 2016
I only have two from dragon ball z:

Goku and chichi

Krillin and android 18

Talk about ugh.
"It's not like I wanted a signature or anything...BAKA!" - A MAL user.
May 13, 2020 11:16 PM

Jan 2015
Gon x killua from Hunter x Hunter. I just can't do it. I know pre-teens and teens can be in love, but for half the series they look like 10 at best and some of the imagery I've found by fans just squicks me right out. Can't do it, sorry.
May 13, 2020 11:18 PM

Feb 2020
SakuraxMadara Why does this exist?

Ai-no-Miko said:
Gon x killua from Hunter x Hunter. I just can't do it. I know pre-teens and teens can be in love, but for half the series they look like 10 at best and some of the imagery I've found by fans just squicks me right out. Can't do it, sorry.

They're 12
Sorry, I had to correct you

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenMay 19, 2020 2:29 PM

tysm iva-🐢💜

May 13, 2020 11:23 PM

Jan 2015
Olivi125 said:
Ai-no-Miko said:

They're 12

I know their actual age, I said they LOOKED 10. Gon definitely does not look like a 12 year old to me in the beginning of the series. Killua might pass for 12, but it's a stretch for me.
May 13, 2020 11:25 PM
Mar 2020
subaru x emilia. emilia dont care. subaru literally died for her.
May 13, 2020 11:29 PM

Feb 2020
Ai-no-Miko said:
Olivi125 said:

They're 12

I know their actual age, I said they LOOKED 10. Gon definitely does not look like a 12 year old to me in the beginning of the series. Killua might pass for 12, but it's a stretch for me.
Ai-no-Miko said:
Olivi125 said:

They're 12

Alright.
Whatever you think.
It's whatever.

tysm iva-🐢💜

May 13, 2020 11:31 PM
May 2019
-Ayu said:
I can think of many things. I usually don't ship any Yaoi ships in Non-Shounen-Ai stuff because it never works in my eyes. The same goes for any Yuri ship. I don't like it that much if characters are shipped with each other with no reason. I still tolerate few ships if it seems logical in my eyes.
Some ships I don't like that much:

- Killua x Gon (Hunter x Hunter)
- Gray x Lucy (Fairy Tail)
- Gray x Erza (Fairy Tail)
- Lelouch x Shirley (Code Geass)
- Hinata x Sasuke (Naruto) (like WTF?)
- Tooru x Yuki (Fruits Basket)
- Amu x Tadase (Shugo Chara!)
- Sasuke x Naruto (Naruto)
- Eren x Levi (Attack on Titan)
- Eren x Mikasa (Attack on Titan)
- Mikasa x Levi (Attack on Titan)
- Ciel x Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji)
- Lucy x Sting or Lucy x Rogue (Fairy Tail) WTF...

That's only few of them.
I don't like them mostly because:
1. The characters never even interacted with each other.
2. The characters are really good friends and a relationship would destroy it. For example Gon x Killua. Both of them are such great best friends. Almost like brothers!
3. Doesn't make sense or I already ship one character with someone else.
Hi five Same here I also dislikes all these ships
May 13, 2020 11:34 PM
Mar 2020
does everyone here hate incest? i thought oreimo was pretty good. always remember the golden rule in anime: if she's not blood related, she's free to be dated.
May 14, 2020 4:05 AM

Jan 2010
VanillaHarem2 said:
does everyone here hate incest? i thought oreimo was pretty good. always remember the golden rule in anime: if she's not blood related, she's free to be dated.

For me it depends on the dynamic. If I feel like the dynamic is of sibling like Tanjiro and Nezuko, I don't ship it. If it's something like Shiba Tatsuya and Miyuki, I ship.
May 14, 2020 4:22 AM

Dec 2018
Well IMO any heterosexual ship is just wrong and I dont like em, sry just being honest here. I agree and like lesbian ships and think they are the best,,YEEEES . I also agree with gay male ships. As long its not heterosexual its going to fly with me! In my book gay ships are the best

Yuri-CrusaderMay 14, 2020 4:26 AM
May 17, 2020 12:20 PM

Jan 2010
I have edited my first post and included my reasons for each NOTP!

CrimsonMidnightMay 17, 2020 12:32 PM
May 17, 2020 12:23 PM
Jul 2018
-Ayu said:
I can think of many things. I usually don't ship any Yaoi ships in Non-Shounen-Ai stuff because it never works in my eyes. The same goes for any Yuri ship. I don't like it that much if characters are shipped with each other with no reason. I still tolerate few ships if it seems logical in my eyes.

That's only few of them.
2. The characters are really good friends and a relationship would destroy it. For example Gon x Killua. Both of them are such great best friends. Almost like brothers!

it's also noticable that gon and killua are children lol
May 17, 2020 12:41 PM

Jan 2010
KaiserWilhelm2 said:
-Ayu said:

That's only few of them.

it's also noticable that gon and killua are children lol

But something like age is easy to tweak in fanworks (like make them older or make the story set in the future when they are older).
So I think it make more sense the reason people don't like that ship is bcs they prefer their dynamic as best friends only like the canon portrayed :3

As for comparison,
Sebastian x Ciel, this one is kinda creepy for me bcs the implication of their romantic relationship exist in CANON and not in fanwork (which is just shippers's imagination). I'm cool if Ciel is aged up though.
May 17, 2020 8:44 PM

Oct 2019
This is a very unpopular opinion, but I absolutely detest the Deku x Uraraka ship.
Another one is Raku x Chitoge (I loathe Chitoge). Same goes for Eren x Mikasa because I don't like Mikasa.

As a big Taichi supporter, the Arata x Chihaya ship saddens me.

It's not that I don't like ships because of the ship itself, rather it has more to do with me not liking one of those characters in general.

May 18, 2020 3:21 AM

Jan 2010
aisakafuyumi said:
This is a very unpopular opinion, but I absolutely detest the Deku x Uraraka ship.

May I know why? :3

aisakafuyumi said:
It's not that I don't like ships because of the ship itself, rather it has more to do with me not liking one of those characters in general.

Me too, but sometimes I just hate the dynamic and development of the ship rather than hating on the character.

For example:

- Guren x Mahiru. I don't hate Mahiru, I thought she is queen, ambitious, strong, independent. I love her. But I just can't forgive what she'd done to Guren and I'd flip if Guren still loved her after everything.

- Kaneki x Touka. I don't hate Touka, but her romantic development with Kaneki took away something precious from her character. Not to mention I think it's too rushed and it feels like Touka is a completely different character...

not anime but,
- Jon x Dany. I ship them. But the way canon treat them is unforgivable. It's very rushed and forced I didn't feel happy at all when they become canon...........
May 18, 2020 3:43 AM

Oct 2019
CrimsonMidnight said:

Hmm, I guess I feel like her crush is sort of taking up too much of her character. I'm pretty confident that Deku x Uraraka is going to be endgame and I wasn't against it at first, but now I'm not really a fan of either Deku or Ochako so I suppose that has something to do with it.

Tbh, I don't really know how to explain it - similar to you, I just don't like the dynamic.
Anyway, I usually go for the more controversial ships like Kacchako or Todobaku. Lol. I guess it's more fun to go wild with characters that you know will never be canon. There's so many awesome fanarts and fanfics of those types of ships.

Ooh, same. I guess how you feel about Touka is how I feel about Uraraka.
May 18, 2020 4:09 AM

Jan 2010
aisakafuyumi said:
CrimsonMidnight said:

Hmm, I guess I feel like her crush is sort of taking up too much of her character. I'm pretty confident that Deku x Uraraka is going to be endgame and I wasn't against it at first, but now I'm not really a fan of either Deku or Ochako so I suppose that has something to do with it.

Tbh, I don't really know how to explain it - similar to you, I just don't like the dynamic.
Anyway, I usually go for the more controversial ships like Kacchako or Todobaku. Lol. I guess it's more fun to go wild with characters that you know will never be canon. There's so many awesome fanarts and fanfics of those types of ships.

Ooh, same. I guess how you feel about Touka is how I feel about Uraraka.

Yeah same same. I agree about everything you said lolol.

And yes that is exactly how I feel about Touka too.
May 14, 2022 7:44 PM
May 2022
Tomoe/Nanami from Kamisama Kiss because it is very cliche.
And I don't like Nanami either.
Jul 30, 2022 6:34 PM
May 2022
a ship i hate? idk if this is too late but.... uhhhh there are LOTS but if i had to choose,, leaving aside creepy ships like gon x hisoka, abusive ships like junko x mikan, and incestual relationships like tsukasa x hanako.......

-KIIBO AND MIU. i CAN'T STAND THEM. like tbh,, i just CAN'T. idk why. it just feels like miu totally forced herself on kiibo which made me so uncomfy.

-also i just really don't like todomomo. probably because i'm a momojirou stan tbh. that's probably the reason why. i also just feel like it's really bland.

-ummm also eren x historia. i'm sorry but like,,, historia blushed one time when eren complimented her and that's love? i also think that eren totally betrayed historia :/

-tohru and yuki. idk why but i just REALLY don't like tohru and yuki. like,, i think tohru's way better of with kyo and i don't really get why ppl still ship her with yuki after all she got with kyo plus yuki is with machi

-i can't with kenhina. i'm just gonna assume that the reason i can't deal with it is because kuroken is my fav ship in haikyuu lol

-EVERYONE is gonna hate me but saiouma and saimatsu both are SO annoying. listen,, im actually a HUGE saiouma stan and i like saimatsu too. you're probably confused why i said i hate them. it's the fanbases. the fanbases just make me hate them so much. literally nothing to do with the ships. i just HATE their fanbases. like,, i could spend days scrolling through the endless pages of hate they've written for each other. "saiouma shippers are all disgusting and toxic and should kts" and "saimatsu shippers are all homophobic asf and don't deserve lives" like istg,, if i could end any ship war it would be this one. my friend almost killed herself because of this war. ew. just ew.

yea anyways. idk if it's too late to answer this. but yeah. ships i absolutely can't stand. bye lol~
~dadsfriendsmom~
Jul 30, 2022 10:16 PM

Jul 2022
Anything between a teacher/mentor figure and a student is a big hell no. I also tend to get annoyed by a lot of recent shounen ships because the fanbase can get pretty annoying about them, like Haikyuu fangirls will ship anything that interacts.
Jul 31, 2022 3:17 AM

Dec 2015
Gay pairings of characters that aren't gay. Most obnoxious shit ever.
Dropping your favorite show
Jan 26, 2023 3:59 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Kurt x Juna from Sen no Kiseki. I know a lot of players have a strong aversion to harem elements but to be honest, I feel like people shipped this couple because they're so desperate for an actual romance in the games. They are literally just friends ffs. (No timmy, just because a pairing doesn't involve a harem doesn't mean they'd make a good couple).

Any pairing involving a yandere because I think yanderes are creepy and possessive (and I find possessiveness to be an extremely unattractive trait).
Jan 26, 2023 5:01 PM

Feb 2020
i absolutely hate Araragi x Senjougahara

also ^ I hate yanderes aswell so any yandere pairing is pretty bad

Jan 26, 2023 9:18 PM

Feb 2019
Fujoshi ships/ making every character gay/ ships in general honestly I hate gay or straight doesn't matter just go with what's canon its not your fucking story respect the author's vision

Ai Haibara x Conan I just, I really don't understand the point it's not gonna happen and Ran is a fine girl too

Rikka x Yuuta, I genuinely think this relationship is problematic and harmful 

I HATE shipping any of the girls in Eizouken I HATE HATE HATE that idea so fucking much

Bruno x Abbacchio- I just hate Abbacchio, Bruno deserves better 

Kaguya and Miyuki, honestly, I don't give a fuck about their relationship I am not watching the show for them

Char x Amuro, I just think it's better ambiguous like Tomino said and its funnier that way and I can't actually see either the characters really being into that

Ahiru x Rue and Fakir x Myuuto, I just think it doesn't really match the fairytale idea and makes the final twist in the romance a lot less interesting this way or if anyone of them had had relationships before the series

Makoto x Yukiho, I relate too much too Makoto I hate people making masculine/ tomboy girls gay just cause of their appearance

Zelgadis x Amelia, it just doesn't make any sense to me they don't really go well together

Oscar x Marie Antoinette, do you get the point of the show at all? Also Marie Antoinette was a real person that's weird

Jujutsu Kaisen ships just nooooooooooo fuck noooo

I DESPISE rivals to lovers in ANY CAPACITY ANY SEX I DONT CARE FUCK THAT SHIT
TeirayoJan 26, 2023 9:49 PM
No watch list sig cuz "You watch anime in 3 days or 3 months! Such is the proper way!"
Jan 26, 2023 9:46 PM

Feb 2021
GrandEgotist said:
Gay pairings of characters that aren't gay. Most obnoxious shit ever.

They are not, but in people minds they are.

Personally I have never thought about it, so I don't know.
Jan 26, 2023 10:45 PM
Oct 2019
Bakudeku, Ichiruki, Erehisu, and any other ship that toxic and delusional fans have convinced themselves is canon or will become canon, when they realistically never had a chance.

Also, I utterly despise the dense-as-a-brick MC x tsundere love interest dynamic, so any ship that follows that dynamic is automatically trash.
Jan 26, 2023 10:50 PM
Jul 2018
Aww, yandere hate in the thread. I love yanderes because they're so obsessive and unhinged. Imagine having someone who loves you so much that they'd do anything for you and go to any length to protect you? That's the utmost form of devotion.

Anyway, to answer the question, I dislike ships involving Anos Voldigoad with anybody other than me.
Jan 27, 2023 4:26 PM

Apr 2011
StormxNightmare said:
There is only one ship that I wholeheartedly hate:

Taichi Yagami x Sora Takenouchi (Digimon Adventure /02/Tri)

It's mostly because of the people that are hating on the canon pairing (Sora x Yamato).
I always hate it when people act as if a male & female character can not be best friends.
Sora even rejects Tai and he takes it well - just let it go ._.

Thank you for stating your thoughts on Taichi/Sora. While I do like the ship, I support the canon Sora/Yamato.

Code Lyoko, we'll reset it all
Code Lyoko, be there when you call
Code Lyoko, we will stand real tall
Code Lyoko, stronger after all
Feb 5, 2023 9:36 AM

Mar 2016
Izaya and Shizuo.
Ciel and Sebastian.

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police 😫
Mar 28, 12:13 AM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Most couples in Gundam especially UC gundam. They tend to have the chemistry of two wooden blocks (Tomino can’t write romance for shit). Doesn’t help that some of the female characters are badly written - they have no agency and exist only to be some male character’s girlfriend/wife.

Sinbad x Jafar from Magi. The way he treated him in the final arc was straight up criminal. Jafar has been loyal to Sinbad for most of his life and has been by his side through thick and thin.

Inosuke x Aoi from Kimetsu no Yaiba. The author was on crack for making this pairing canon, if it can even be called a pairing. It’s more like some random matchup the author decided by throwing darts. I know people criticize Nezuko/Zenitsu and Tanjiro/Kanao but they’re still somewhat believable even if they don’t have the most chemistry. Not once did they had an actual conversation - Inosuke and Aoi don’t even have an actual relationship of any kind - let alone have romantic chemistry. Not to mention he had zero interest in romance. Guess everyone who lived at the end of the manga had to reproduce, even if it’s some random person lol.

Rin x Alice / Shion x Mokuren from Please Save my Earth - The most disgusting romance I’ve seen in an anime/manga. Shion is an all around unpleasant person who’s a dick towards Mokuren and goes as far as raping her. Gotta love the stockholm syndrome we have here /s. Rin is a puerile little shit who gets away with everything, including his treatment of Alice. Love it when the main girl ends up with a 6 year old who terrorizes and abuses her (and another character), how romantic and cute /s.
LeonhartAugustMar 28, 12:39 AM
Pages (14) « First ... « 12 13 [14]

More topics from this board

» Skibidi toilet piece (One piece story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - Today

20 by Oofmastre9000 »»
14 minutes ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 8 hours ago

20 by AverageRiceFan »»
16 minutes ago

» Attack on skibidi toilet (attack on Titan story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - 2 hours ago

3 by AverageRiceFan »»
20 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

196 by ISeeLifePeople »»
34 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

69 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
47 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.