Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 16, 2017 5:23 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, I like how calm and collected Jiren is this episode while his teamamtes are out there fighting. Imo, Jiren is still one if not the biggest threat in this tournament. His one hit KO attacks are almost unbelievable.

Team 6's Frost also got more screen time this episode. Felt bad for Master Roshi since he was helpless against him in his current state. Vegeta's interference was a badass. This episode reminded me of the cruel bastard Frost is.
Sep 16, 2017 5:27 PM

Jan 2012
Someone put Frost...on ice!
Sep 16, 2017 5:31 PM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
Jiren is going to be a pain. Roshi surprised me a lot.

Sep 16, 2017 6:16 PM

Jul 2015
Thankfully Vegeta came out of the mafuba within seconds instead of episodes lol. I really enjoyed seeing Vegeta and Roshi talking and seeing him respecting and worrying for Roshi in his little tsundere way xD
Sep 16, 2017 7:05 PM

Sep 2015
And once again Goku become useless what the hell you do that whole time? you said move to her but never save Master Roshi this episode.

Vegeta still muscle brain as ever but still better than Goku.
Master Roshi still a lot better than Goku even after make mistake to seal Vegeta.

Next Double F combo after so many episode finally here.
Into the Internet!
Sep 16, 2017 7:17 PM

Nov 2016
Respect to Master Roshi, he did great.

Well, Jiren op again and universe 7 fighter dense as always, couldn't Vegeta not just go Blue or shut down Magettas ear defender earlier ?

And Frost is pretty much the most annoying character ever, just hope that they will finally get rid of him next week.

Gohan vs Frieza looks promising

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 16, 2017 7:26 PM

Aug 2013
Well the ending theme elimination order theory is now dead.

Mafuba too OP, nerf plz. Its like Roshi could even seal Jiren with it.

Goku wasn't even trying to save Roshi anymore lol (forced tension again)

Gohan punched Freiza right in the face in the preview :D
Sep 16, 2017 7:44 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Silly rabbit lol
Jiren not even trying and he takes out Magi Kayo. Really hyped up to see his full power.

Interesting to see Vegeta and Roshi have some interactions. Frost so cunning and savage but Vegeta at the end was cool to see.

A bit bummed out Roshi had to eliminate himself but overall he did an amazing job out there. Vegeta saying it was time to retire was probably not adequate but then again he probably has some level of respect for Roshi he just won't say it. Beerus on the other hand very impressed with Roshi so that's something nice to see.

Hype for next week o/

Sep 16, 2017 7:47 PM
Nov 2014
How did Frost learned Mafuba and to reflect it? Damn, this show really doesn't make sense
Sep 16, 2017 8:01 PM

Mar 2016
After Goku vs Jiren I'm dropping this... This anime is starting to get even more boring and even more nonsense then it was 5 episodes ago...
This sh*t should be cancelled or they could go with a dam manga adaptation which is 100000x times better (and will probably make a ToP much more credible) and makes actual sense even though it's the same stupid continuation to Z!
Sep 16, 2017 8:29 PM

Jan 2009
is Frost have some copying technique? or thats just one great deflection technique that he have to get the Mafuba from Master Roshi?

but lol its nice to see that Mafuba still works on Vegeta so he is still has evil in his heart

and damn Jiren is overpowered
Sep 16, 2017 8:46 PM

May 2015
I know Goku & Vegeta are conserving their stamina/energy but for some opponents they need to make exception if not their universe is going to pay dearly.

On a side note:
Next episode Frieza insurrection... I was thinking he was going to wait until the last stage of the tournament...
Sep 16, 2017 8:49 PM

Dec 2014
Toei with them Gomu Gomu no Elephant Gun skills this episode. xDD
Jiren is gonna be huge trouble.

Vegeta and Master Roshi came through big time this episode, good job both of you!
They let Frost escape far too easily.

Sep 16, 2017 8:49 PM

Jan 2013
when they said the most team members win, i'm really leaning more towards the loophole conclusion that things will end in a tie and more than one universe survives. meanwhile this episode totally didnt need that Goku part when he never showed up for Roshi

cant wait to see Freiza one up Frost tho
dannymilkSep 16, 2017 8:55 PM
Sep 16, 2017 8:59 PM
Dec 2015
There's probably going to be a dozen of eliminations by Frieza and Frost in order to speed up the storyline. Goku new transformation vs Jiren is being tease coming very soon. I guess the namekians and the hidden characters might be fillers.
Sep 16, 2017 9:08 PM

Jan 2016
This episode confirmed that Mafuba works with everyone when trapped in it, regardless of how powerful they are. A very broken technique but it has its risks as well, also shown in this episode xD

Master Roshi praised by Beerus, now that's a true fighter! And how come Vegeta used SSJ Blue for Magetta? That dude is above SSJ2 tier in any case because what he did it could have been done in SSJ2, destroy the rocks in its ears and then throw Magetta off the arena lol

When is Goku doing something relevant again? He's SO FAR the only one that is doing practically nothing since U9 disappeared...
THANKS SENPIEX
Sep 16, 2017 9:51 PM

May 2016
The better episode in a long time! very good! I hope TOEI keep with this
『  』
Sep 16, 2017 10:55 PM

Dec 2011
We got another great episode with Master Roshi. Master Roshi still a badass after more than 100+ years and Vegeta was great saving Roshi.It was nice seeing Beerus acknowledge and respect Roshi at the end.
Jiren will be really hard to beat since he is as strong as Saitama (OPM) and Frost is still a shit.
Can't wait for the next episode to see Gohan vs Frost & Frieza.
kaitonicSep 16, 2017 11:24 PM
Sep 17, 2017 1:39 AM

Oct 2015
Two things have been confirmed with today's episode:
-The ending's elimination order theory is false.
-There are no off-screen eliminations. People have been counting them, and it matches the Grand Priest's numbers.

Two more episodes until the special. I really hope Frieza and Frost will clean up the stage a little bit before Jiren vs Goku. There are still too many warriors in the tournament imo. Universe 2 & 3 seem just annoying, I hope to see least one of them getting annihilated in the next episodes.

Roshi almost did something fatal to his universe, but I'm glad he managed to save Vegeta. It was awesome to see that Beerus acknowledged him, again!
On the other hand, what's up with goku? Why bother even showing him in the episode, if he gets stuck for the entire episode standing in front of an opponent, not even fighting, while Roshi's getting rekt?
Sep 17, 2017 2:23 AM

Sep 2014
Good episode. Roshi went down like a boss after using Mafuba thrice and managed to free Vegeta once he got sealed. Frieza and Frost next week. This is gonna be very interesting.
Sep 17, 2017 2:50 AM
Jan 2010
Just teach mafuuba to everyone and seal jiren and zenous the end

I also liked how goku was just standing there with his shonen smirk on for 15 mins
Sep 17, 2017 2:51 AM

Sep 2016
MAJI KAYO!?????

lol
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Sep 17, 2017 3:08 AM
Jun 2011
voidepression said:
There's probably going to be a dozen of eliminations by Frieza and Frost in order to speed up the storyline. Goku new transformation vs Jiren is being tease coming very soon. I guess the namekians and the hidden characters might be fillers.
oh just wait for episode 109 there going to be maddness
Sep 17, 2017 3:35 AM

Jan 2016
Anybody care to explain how Roshi can do multiple Mafubas? If I remember it correctly it killed him in the first Piccolo saga? I know it's stupid to question dragon ball power levels but there is an explanation to this i'm sure?
Sep 17, 2017 3:49 AM

Feb 2013
Frost is still in the tournament, that guy is too annoying.
Sep 17, 2017 5:06 AM

Aug 2014
Well, this episode was a waste of time...

Jiren is still just a mass of hyped up muscles and lacks anything, that would make him interesting in the slightest. He's like Broly, but even worse, because he's not sadistic and has no dumb backstory to his powers.
Frost somehow managed to seal Vegeta by reversing the Evil Containment Wave (a skill he somehow just picked up out of nowhere) through a chain of events, that felt far too convenient to actually make sense. But it doesn't matter cause Roshi broke the bottle last minute and Vegeta didn't get disqualified after all. This could have been considered a great effort of underdogs taking down a major player, in fact the scenario flat out screams of, what was happening in the war arc of Naruto, but DBS is content at making us not root for Frost as hard as possible, eventhough Frost's efforts of using poison and tricks to counter god-powered creatures is actually quite admirable in my opinion.
They were foreshadowing Roshi's death, but that didn't happen, so that doesn't matter either. With expectations of Roshi actually doing much in this tournament and Magetta being a side-boss since his conception, this episode is pretty much just filler.
Sep 17, 2017 7:20 AM
May 2017
Is that blue slime guy giving anyone else Super Kid flashbacks ?
Sep 17, 2017 9:20 AM

May 2015
Master Roshi was awesome in this tournament! True warrior!

Vegeta survived. Thank god. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 17, 2017 10:42 AM

May 2015
roshi is the real mvp man like no joke i never thought he would help the team this much.
Sep 17, 2017 10:42 AM
Sep 2014
This episode was a lot better than the last one. Goku's screentime being minimal and no shoehorned SSB transformations this time around really made it feel more refreshing. Though Ribrianne challenging him out of nowhere was really weird.

The storyboarding and sequences were pretty good, going into the tournament Frost seemed especially underwhelming with Frieza returning but he did pretty great this episode. His pragmatism, cowardice and cunning is a nice contrast to Frieza's bullheadedness and sore loser tendencies. He's got to have improved quite a bit to not have gotten instantly squashed by SSJ Vegeta like he did before.

Speaking of Vegeta, this has got to be his best episode in the arc. He got to have an unexpected team-up with Roshi rather than dully teaming up with Goku yet again, wasn't a total egomaniac and he bounced off pretty well with his opponents. I'm sure he has the most eliminations out of everyone after taking out Magetta. Roshi did well, a shame the other shafted characters didn't get as good a showing but alas. Vegeta asking him to drop out here was a nice scene especially compared to how annoying it was when he made Piccolo quit in the last tournament. It was nice to see the Big Bang Attack finally get used in modern DB, it got interrupted VS Hit and iirc VS Frieza and with how much Vegeta was spamming Galick Gun and Final Flash I was scared he'd never use it.

The next episode seems like it could be good, I hope Gohan isn't eliminated. I'm worried with how things can go since it would be troublesome to see Ribrianne struggle too much with base Goku or for Ultimate Gohan to be pressured too much by Final Form Frieza/Frost.
Sep 17, 2017 10:53 AM
Feb 2009
Anyone wondered why Vegeta was just looking around when Roshi was getting beaten up by Frost at just 3 meters ?

I still don't understand how Roshi can fight in this tournament (because his power level is supposed to be around 200 when Freeza on namek was already 200 000 000...).

The only good thing was Frost teaming up with someone from his team in order to fight against Vegeta. I know it's supposed to be obvious but this show kinda make me wonder if people understand the principle of "battle royal". Like universe 11 has one ennemy against 3 fighters, they prefer attack on "1vs1" instead of "3vs1".

Just hoping the manga can correct all this mess...
Sep 17, 2017 11:09 AM

Feb 2013
azertyY said:
After Goku vs Jiren I'm dropping this... This anime is starting to get even more boring and even more nonsense then it was 5 episodes ago...
This sh*t should be cancelled or they could go with a dam manga adaptation which is 100000x times better (and will probably make a ToP much more credible) and makes actual sense even though it's the same stupid continuation to Z!

lol that doesn't make any sense. Dragon Ball Super is in the top 10 of the most watched animes in Japan since the beginning and the same is in the simulcasts here in the west. Besides, the merchandise of the series is bigger than before. There's zero sense to cancel Super or make a anime based in the manga since these two are projects of Shueisha/Toei/Bird Studio.

If you don't like it, just drop it like you said without being a bitch about it.
Sep 17, 2017 3:07 PM

Oct 2016
@azertyY
caio_ken said:
azertyY said:

lol that doesn't make any sense. Dragon Ball Super is in the top 10 of the most watched animes in Japan since the beginning and the same is in the simulcasts here in the west. Besides, the merchandise of the series is bigger than before. There's zero sense to cancel Super or make a anime based in the manga since these two are projects of Shueisha/Toei/Bird Studio.

If you don't like it, just drop it like you said without being a bitch about it.

This episode made sense, what are you talking about please explain lol.

Caio: they can do something like Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood to dragon ball super after it ends, so adapting the manga is not a bad idea.

@FireFistYamaan Roshi mentioned at the start that he made improvements to the mafuba or something, maybe Im wrong tho.

@bailin10 back in Dragon Ball the same thing happened, Evil piccolo reflected it and captured Kamisama instead.
since the mafuba was used for the 3rd time agasint piccolo he knew he could reflect it at that point, same happened with frost, he clearly wanted roshi to use the mafuba so he could reflect it into vegeta, it was the 2nd time it was used against frost so he knew he could deflect it, So it makes sense.

MaitozSep 17, 2017 3:13 PM
Sep 17, 2017 3:49 PM

Oct 2011
vegeta has become such a bro i can't even describe

hope he doesn't take the fall and gets eliminated to save stupid kakaroto

"When the time is yours,
the future is waiting,
The person you become,
and the people you're creating.
"
Sep 17, 2017 5:06 PM

Jul 2013
Jiren is just straight up OP. He just need 1 attack to finish his opponents, that's so crazy. He will definitely be a big problem for Goku in the future episodes.

Nice that Muten Roshi got again a lot of screen time. Fucking Frost, so his plan was/is to beat the people who got weakened of the fights.

In his current state Muten Roshi delivered a really good fight. Unbelieveable that he was able to do 3 Mafubas :o

And it's true what Maitoz said. Back in DB we had the same situation with an reflected Mafuba, but damn it was so cool how Muten Roshi freed Vegeta of this little bottle. Nice words of Vegeta and Bills at the end. Seems like Muten Roshi surprised everyone and got a lot of respect. :)

I had to laugh when Bills mentioned that all of the 3 people who are out of universe 7 are bald xD

I have a bad feeling about the next episode. Freezer and Frost will make their move.

Natsu88Sep 17, 2017 5:09 PM

Sep 17, 2017 6:16 PM

Dec 2015
Lmao, every single thing I thought would happen in this episode, happened. It's pathetic how predictable this show is.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 17, 2017 6:29 PM

Dec 2012
Master Roshi FTW! What a warrior!
Sep 17, 2017 9:53 PM
Nov 2014
joe_g7 said:
Lmao, every single thing I thought would happen in this episode, happened. It's pathetic how predictable this show is.
totally agree. It would have been much more interesting if frost actually succeeded in eliminating vegeta.
Sep 18, 2017 12:30 AM

Dec 2014
hmm master roshi retires...frost is as much a scum as it gets
Sep 18, 2017 12:41 AM

Jun 2015
Jiren seems extraordinarily strong.
Sep 18, 2017 12:34 PM

Mar 2014
Still waiting for Freezer :(
Sep 18, 2017 12:55 PM

Sep 2013
this show drags on as bad as DBZ what is this shit
wow
Sep 18, 2017 10:02 PM

Aug 2017
Frost somehow know how control Mafuba in just seconds. Then, plot makes Frost stupid and Vegeta is released. Just another boring episode like nearly every of this arc. Only Andriod 17 and 18 fights are worth of watching so far, the rest are boring or have very bad writing.
NurguburuSep 18, 2017 10:14 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 18, 2017 11:02 PM

May 2013
This episode's plot seems okay to me. Not fun, but not boring either. But in the next week's episode I wonder how will Mystic Gohan fair against Frieza in his final form? considering he's atleast SSJ2 level in his first form alone, we might not even see him transform into his golden form to drop Gohan off.
Sep 19, 2017 2:22 PM

Jun 2016
Burguburu said:
Frost somehow know how control Mafuba in just seconds. Then, plot makes Frost stupid and Vegeta is released. Just another boring episode like nearly every of this arc. Only Andriod 17 and 18 fights are worth of watching so far, the rest are boring or have very bad writing.

The Roshi Episode and the Hit Episode were pretty good

If Piccolo did the same back in Dragon Ball with the mafuba then I Think Frost can do the same since it was the second time it was used against him.
Also theres a huge possibility that even if Frost tried to get vegeta out of the ring Goku would of catched him at the end.
Sep 19, 2017 4:03 PM
Dec 2015
Slim_Lamie said:
Two things have been confirmed with today's episode:
-The ending's elimination order theory is false.
-There are no off-screen eliminations. People have been counting them, and it matches the Grand Priest's numbers.

Two more episodes until the special. I really hope Frieza and Frost will clean up the stage a little bit before Jiren vs Goku. There are still too many warriors in the tournament imo. Universe 2 & 3 seem just annoying, I hope to see least one of them getting annihilated in the next episodes.

Roshi almost did something fatal to his universe, but I'm glad he managed to save Vegeta. It was awesome to see that Beerus acknowledged him, again!
On the other hand, what's up with goku? Why bother even showing him in the episode, if he gets stuck for the entire episode standing in front of an opponent, not even fighting, while Roshi's getting rekt?

I honestly wanted Vegeta to get toss out because I'm definitely not feeling the pressure despite the "High stakes" in this tournament. Jiren is like another Hit and it's getting annoying with all the tease about how powerful he is while he stood there most of the time having no interest in anyone. DBS is a very PG show nowadays, so I'm not expecting sayain saga level of brutal action scenes, but they need to stop teasing, trolling, and joking around while doing these shoujo and Sentai parodies. At least give some of the weaker filler character some decent fights with the filler Z fighters.I want to see a true battle royale with at least the remaining fighter all at once on screen like Cap.America civil war, but most likely Frieza or someone else is going to wipe the field. Unless the Goku vs Jiren fight isn't just about the two of them only. Btw what's up with all the GoD being either sneaky or just plain dense.
voidepressionSep 19, 2017 4:06 PM
Sep 20, 2017 7:54 PM

Aug 2006
isekai said:
is Frost have some copying technique? or thats just one great deflection technique that he have to get the Mafuba from Master Roshi?

but lol its nice to see that Mafuba still works on Vegeta so he is still has evil in his heart

Mafuba works on anyone regardless of how evil they are. Watch the original Dragon Ball and it was used to seal Kami (who is pure good).
Sep 20, 2017 7:56 PM

Jan 2009
zonnikku said:
isekai said:

Mafuba works on anyone regardless of how evil they are. Watch the original Dragon Ball and it was used to seal Kami (who is pure good).

ah ok, its been decades since i watch Dragonball so i forgot about that
Sep 22, 2017 5:27 PM
Dec 2015
I just want to say the chapter 28 of the Manga was pretty good and I'm sure the pacing is better despite it's months behind the anime.
Oct 1, 2017 2:59 PM

Dec 2008
Master Roshi is such a great character, even Vegeta and Beerus showed him respect in this episode.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

102 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

352 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

57 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 10:34 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 62 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2016

93 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 18, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 60 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2016

98 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 18, 9:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.