Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 20, 2017 8:13 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Blad II transformed in a vampire!!! But the best was the suprise,Kotomine is a ruler too, a cheater rule, with a different name, Tokisada!!!
More changes and turn in this grial battle!!!
Oct 30, 2017 11:00 AM

Dec 2015
Oooh sugoi sugoi, Shirou is also a Ruler :O but from a previous war.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 10, 2017 1:38 PM
May 2017
Well this episode had a great start. Great heroes of myth fighting the Vampire of all vampires is freaking awesome!

I saw how Dracula would be defeated a mile away and I have to say his end felt kind anti-climatic. Along with the Master of Red's reveal. I admit I went down the Type-Moon Wikia Rabbit hole a long time ago so I knew what was coming. But I'm still disappointed at how the show seemed to have just assumed that we had already figured out that there was a 16th servant.
He showcased a noble phantasm, but I thought that it was implied to have been given to him by Shakespeare.

This series isn't too bad. I'd even say that its good and entertaining. Fate/ Apocrypha hasn't replaced Fate/Zero as my favorite but I never expected it too.
The character designs still bother me in places but their memorable and most of them house an interesting back story.
Nov 20, 2017 8:32 PM
Jul 2017
WHO IS SHIRO??????? He’s using kirei’s weapon, has his last name, but is also named Shiro and is black with white hair, like archer. He was also recalling Kiritsugu’s life, WHAT IS THIS???????!!
Nov 21, 2017 4:15 AM

Oct 2014
FrickinNormie said:
WHO IS SHIRO??????? He’s using kirei’s weapon, has his last name, He was also recalling Kiritsugu’s life, WHAT IS THIS???????!!

>WHO IS SHIRO???????
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amakusa_Shir%C5%8D

>He’s using kirei’s weapon
They are called Black Keys, weapons typically used by agents of the church and the like, Kirei isn't the first person to use them.

>He was also recalling Kiritsugu’s life
He wasn't, he was recalling his own past, the third holy grail war.
AdatiusNov 21, 2017 6:58 AM
Nov 21, 2017 3:03 PM
Jul 2017
Shayon said:
FrickinNormie said:
WHO IS SHIRO??????? He’s using kirei’s weapon, has his last name, He was also recalling Kiritsugu’s life, WHAT IS THIS???????!!

>WHO IS SHIRO???????
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amakusa_Shir%C5%8D

>He’s using kirei’s weapon
They are called Black Keys, weapons typically used by agents of the church and the like, Kirei isn't the first person to use them.

>He was also recalling Kiritsugu’s life
He wasn't, he was recalling his own past, the third holy grail war.

Well thanks a lot, this clears some stuff up. I kind of feel stupid now, but it’s ok, those things aren’t obvious
Nov 22, 2017 3:56 AM

Oct 2014
FrickinNormie said:
Well thanks a lot, this clears some stuff up. I kind of feel stupid now, but it’s ok, those things aren’t obvious

Yeah, can't blame you, A-1 made Shirou's backstory so damn vague, that I couldn't tell what the homunculus scene was supposed to mean at first glance either.

As for why Kotomine is his last name, this might become a minor spoiler if A-1 decides to actually show it in future episodes v
Dec 22, 2017 3:44 PM
Jul 2018
It's tragic - the propaganda from his enemies about him being a villain and a vampire caused him to become a vampire from beyond the grave. In reality, Vlad III was a true hero who stood for no injustice.
Dec 29, 2017 9:09 AM

Oct 2015
Darnic went nuts this episode :o
Dec 31, 2017 4:07 PM

Sep 2010
Not a bad episode. Looks like Darnic's plans fell apart. That reveal Shirou is a Ruler servant.

I forget if I mentioned the fight between Siegfried and Mordred from the start of the series makes sense from a past episode. Gotta reuse those scenes and get that TV spot as well. ;p
Jan 1, 2018 3:19 AM

Nov 2013
Illyricus said:
Man, I feel really bad for Vlad. He wanted to erase his reputation as a vampire, and he was forced by that shithead to not only turn into what he hates, but he was possessed by him too. In his own country (well, not exactly cause Hanging Garden of Babylon, bit it was still in Romania). What a way to go ;_;

As expected of Illyricus. I'm glad to see that someone else also feels really bad for Vlad. We share the same feeling.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jan 1, 2018 4:12 AM

Jul 2013
KRKodama said:
Illyricus said:
Man, I feel really bad for Vlad. He wanted to erase his reputation as a vampire, and he was forced by that shithead to not only turn into what he hates, but he was possessed by him too. In his own country (well, not exactly cause Hanging Garden of Babylon, bit it was still in Romania). What a way to go ;_;

As expected of Illyricus. I'm glad to see that someone else also feels really bad for Vlad. We share the same feeling.
Vlad is one of my favourite Servants of the ones they introduced in Apocrypha (in terms of lore, design, NP, personality, voice acting... Probably one of my favourite S>ervants of Fate in general too), so I got really sad seeing him go in that undignified way. He deserved better.
Jan 1, 2018 5:14 AM

Nov 2013
Illyricus said:
KRKodama said:

Vlad is one of my favourite Servants of the ones they introduced in Apocrypha (in terms of lore, design, NP, personality, voice acting... Probably one of my favourite S>ervants of Fate in general too), so I got really sad seeing him go in that undignified way. He deserved better.

Exactly.
That's why I wish there was a visual novel for Apocrypha. I feel like he had the potential to have a much more magnificent role in the story in a different 'route'.

But with that said, I still haven't read the Apocrypha novel, and I just found out that he had a religious debate with someone in it that was removed in the anime. And now I'm really curious to read the novel just because of the debate.
By the way...
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jan 1, 2018 8:18 AM

Sep 2010
I know that in war one shouldn't expect things to be fair but this holy grail at it's core is pretty much unfair battle and what makes it most unfair is existence of the Ruler. Leaving Shiro aside, Jeanne is pretty much jumping into the battles left and right and stick her nose into everything without thinking of consequences. Vlad is going ham and yet she suddenally decides that it's right to have everyone else team up against him just because he is evil from her perspective. Even without that since the very start she kept on getting in the way and worse of all she clearly have no clue as to what she should actually be doing. She is basically running around and doing things on a whim... truly her existence alone makes the entire rules of the holy grail war make little sense or have little fairness.

With Shiro being a ruler class servant from previous war and with him doing as he please as well this truly probes that the concept of Ruler class is completely flawed.

In any case everything I just wrote could also be summed up in one sentence. "Jeanne is so damn annoying."
Feb 6, 2018 5:20 AM

Aug 2017
Vlad's defeat was anticlimatic. Aynway, the show is better when that useless Sieg is not there. 3/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 1, 2018 1:34 AM

Jan 2010
There's something nostalgic about someone wielding Black Keys fighting a vampire. Huh. Reminder from February 2018 that the Tsukihime remake still hasn't happened.

Oh, and wow. I didn't realize Shiro was a Ruler-class Servant. I thought that was something F/GO made up, and he was only still around here in Fate/Apocrypha due to life-extending magic or something.
Mar 22, 2018 10:00 PM

Apr 2014
-Ooh Jeanne may become a relevant character in the show once more.

-Such a lackluster end for both Vlad and Darnic, whom I found to both be in the more interesting section of the cast.

-That fight against Vlad was more chaotic than exciting.

-The lack of adequate character development has been rather concerning, seemingly having been largely brushed aside in favor of saturating fight after fight. I'm not certain if this is A-1 doing a botched job or if the light novel wasn't strong in that aspect either, but as I approach the midpoint I've yet to feel dearly invested in any of the characters nor the events.
May 14, 2018 3:04 PM
Dec 2010
But that chant can only be used by Jouji Nakata!
Nov 19, 2018 3:09 AM

Aug 2015
The character designs are mostly hot garbage, but the fights in the last three episodes have been pretty nice.

How can assassin's noble phantasm be a flying death fortress anyway, that's like saying you're going to assassinate someone with a strategic nuclear weapon lol

10/10 fakeout with Shiro Kotomine name, well done I did not see that coming
Nov 19, 2018 4:23 AM

Oct 2014
glassknuckles said:
How can assassin's noble phantasm be a flying death fortress anyway

she has the very rare skill called "dual class"(or dual summon depending on the translation), it gives her the class skills of both assassin and caster

the hanging gardens are linked with her caster skill, territory creation
Dec 8, 2018 9:42 AM

Mar 2017
wanted him to win though with that transformation. kinda sad to see the Black servents change sides for no reason :/
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Jun 23, 2019 7:20 AM

Dec 2018
Well this is surprising just like FSN. In FSN, Kirei turns out to be a Master, and here K.Shirou turn out to be a Servant.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jul 8, 2019 11:45 AM

Apr 2013
So that guy's the ruler from the last war? Seems like he pulled a Gilgamesh.
Jul 12, 2019 3:55 PM

Dec 2014
ngl Marik is pretty badass
Aug 28, 2019 5:22 AM

Mar 2018
Tragic episode. Poor Vlad. I was rooting for him.

Great episode, though. My only gripe is that visually Vlad's vampire form looked rather silly and anticlimactic IMO.

I enjoyed this first half WAY MORE than I enjoyed the first half of Fate/Zero. Maybe because I came in with different expectations because F/Z is so hyped whereas this is widely hated.
Dec 20, 2019 11:53 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Ew, another disgusting ass transformation.

tbh I want to see more of the red servants, I don't really care for the black faction.
Apr 12, 2020 2:58 PM

Dec 2014
well sixteen servants now... 12 left

2 rulers

6 red servants

lancer of red
archer of red
rider of red
saber of red
caster of red
assassin of red

4 black servants

archer of black
rider of black
caster of black
assassin of black
Apr 28, 2020 9:18 PM

Feb 2018
I love you Kuro assassins
May 8, 2020 8:27 PM

Aug 2019
holy shit story just went from 0-100 fast. Went from a simple 7v7 team death match to something like 7 vs 1 2015 Evolve style monster hunting. Was very suprised about the turn, but was intreged by it, got both teams a common enemy and one that could literally end the world unless they took him out.
Darnic you scummy scum bag. I would say you were better then Shinji, but that would be a lie, cus at least with shinji he got a good beating and you could get some pretty good memes out off. This guy exploited a heroic spirit to give himself immorality and to add insult to injury possessed him as well.
yeh i actually don't know what the magus association thought when teaming with the church, lmao i think we have yet to see a time where they have actually worked together. Interesting to see what happens to team red with literally all of their masters given the dead.

Jul 21, 2020 6:47 AM
Dec 2016
Can someone help me?I'm watching the show on netflix, and it has two seasons. First one is 13 episodes and the second one 25, but here on MAL it only says that there is one season of 25 episodes. Am I missing something?
Aug 25, 2020 3:15 PM

Dec 2018
baekanunot said:
Can someone help me?I'm watching the show on netflix, and it has two seasons. First one is 13 episodes and the second one 25, but here on MAL it only says that there is one season of 25 episodes. Am I missing something?
its a continuation, the first part is 12, while the second part continues so the first episode of part 2 would be 13. 12 first part and 13 second part which would give 25
Dec 12, 2022 5:24 PM
May 2020
honestly i kinda thought it was boring at first but the episode redeemed itself on the later part especially when the priest showed itself. and him being a servant, I kinda foresaw it so I wasn't surprised but then again, I did play Fate/Grand Order for a little while.

all in all, my admiration for Jeanne and Shirou is the only thing that keeps me going lolol the plot's kinda boring for me
Nov 27, 2023 7:00 PM
Jul 2023
Really good episode.
- Was that Irisviel?? Maybe kotomine wants to bring her back?
- Vlad is no longer in his domain, he is no longer overpowered
- Vlad is now Dracula!!!
- Darnic used his command seals to possess Dracula! Very smart.
- Chiron saved Achilles?
- Dracula can turn people into zombies….
- Ruler joins the fight
- Her command spells don’t work on Dracula
- The war is now in a cease fire, nice
- Some awesome teamwork against Dracula, he lived somehow
- Looks like Kotomine stole ownerships of all the red servants
- Ruler may have been summoned simply because of Darnic breaking the rules with his possession
- Wow, Shirou takes down Dracula solo with no problem! Perks of being a priest
- Shirou is a ruler? Perhaps from the last war
Dec 1, 2023 6:59 PM

Nov 2023
Was that a vampire or a gargoyle
Dec 19, 2023 1:25 AM

Jan 2017
Why is Amakusa Shirou Tokisada using the alias Shirou Kotomine ?
Is there any specific reason to use those particular names or just it is for fanservice ?
(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» A Guide to Fate/Apocrypha

OneBetta - Mar 14

2 by OneBetta »»
Mar 14, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2017

97 by TheBiggestAm »»
Mar 9, 7:31 PM

» Who is your favorite character from Apocrypha?

Omarumba - Feb 25

28 by Manthors »»
Mar 1, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

278 by PirateHasan »»
Jan 5, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

86 by PirateHasan »»
Dec 28, 2023 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.