Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 16, 2017 5:36 AM

Oct 2012
Hello everyone,
My friend started writing reviews but he doesnt listen
to my feedback, maybe he will listen to you guys.
Im just gonna copy paste the review hope you wont be to lazy
to read it haha:

NANA

You know a show is good when it feels relevant despite being stylistically intended for a different market group; Nana is one such show. It revolves around two protagonists, two girls that seem to be like the two sides of the same coin. From the beginning, the show is never in a rush, especially the first few episodes- they really focus on delivering stylistically satisfying character development even if it costs a bit of a slower start. From there your understanding of the characters, and your attachment to them only grows more. The show is a slice of life, as its main point is to make you go through experiences and development along with the characters; specifically, you see the concepts of “romantic maturity” and “the path to musicianship”. All concepts are explored naturally and simultaneously, as you see the developments in the character’s life. The show carries itself lightly, but can quickly become serious and deep, it's rather realistic message is portrayed effectively and artistically. I’d recommended the show for anyone - it’s good both for whoever is in for a bit of romantic tension or for someone who likes to analyze deeper into human concepts. Musicality is a big part of the show so very recommended for musicians or people who just appreciate music.
Art 8/10 Story 8.4/10 Characters 9/10 Enjoyment 9/10 Overall 8.9/10
Bingeable: Yes ~ Jake B.
Sep 16, 2017 6:27 AM

Apr 2013
First of all, please tell your friend that the Enter key is a thing that exists. I'm an incredibly lazy individual who loses all motivation to read when I see this wall of text that could kill someone if it came rushing at them at 120 km/h. It's not the worst I've seen, but like I said, I'm incredibly lazy.

This review is very, very short. A review doesn't have to be 2,000+ words, but I can get a better feel for if something's good or not when the reviewer says, "You get a sense that these two characters are best friends," and then they cite a scene as an example that supports that argument.

And this is just a personal taste thing of mine, but I abhor numbers in scores. Ideally, I should be able to come to my own conclusions on the quality of a show/video game/book/whatever based on what the reviewer says and not an arbitrary number thrown in my face at the end.

Also, I don't see how something can be ranked 8.9/10 but still be considered a masterpiece. I'd imagine something would have be scored at least an 9.5/10 to be considered a masterpiece. However, by that definition, nothing on MAL is considered a masterpiece, since the highest rated anime at the moment is a 9.25/10, and even Your Name at its peak score was only a 9.37/10, and people have been gushing over that movie like it's the second coming of Jesus and he brought cookies. But all in all, referring to something as a "masterpiece" is a highly subjective issue and could be its own essay, and your friend's decision to refer to Nana as a masterpiece (which it may be by some definitions) is his personal choice.

Overall: 2.7/10
Bingeable: Don't. Please.
Sep 17, 2017 9:36 PM

Sep 2017
This review is like an unsalted soup... a jumbled mess of ingredients that mush together into a bland experience.

I rate it: i-want-a-sandwich/10

intro-bread
layers of meat
maybe something a little saucy
maybe something a little crunchy
outro-bread
7-7Sep 17, 2017 9:40 PM

More topics from this board

» People who don't believe that there is anything wrong with western entertainment and influence.

kratos960203 - Apr 19

28 by Ex-Aid »»
2 hours ago

» Made An Anime Youtube Video thoughts?

panque - Yesterday

1 by TheMechaManiac »»
Yesterday, 11:43 AM

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

361 by panque »»
Yesterday, 8:38 AM

» Anime hoodies - New brand

abambata - Apr 13

3 by abambata »»
Yesterday, 7:47 AM

» Anime hoodies - Would you wear it ?

abambata - Apr 17

3 by abambata »»
Yesterday, 7:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.