Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 10, 2010 4:07 PM

Apr 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I don't get why this series is so "epic". It follows the same pattern over and over and this episode proves that. You start with an exam, meet some people and overcome the obstacles to pass, follow the main plot set from the beginning, and do more exams. Not impressed.

I'm glad the fight between Gon and Mr. Pedo didn't take long. Yay, another test.
Sep 1, 2011 7:30 PM

Jul 2010
well....ask yourself why naruto is so famous, it followed the same part as this, infact its a copy-cat of this. yet it became one of the "best" anime/manga's of all time.
maybe its the characters, relations to them, when it was released or other stuff.
though i'll agree a bit with you, this show was being labeled "best show" a lot by fans, its a good show but there are much things it could improve on. but this is just my opinion
tl;dr : naruto was epic, it followed this show.

Feb 28, 2012 6:41 AM

Jul 2009
In my opinion it's the characters and their development that make this series so good. You're always going to get these sort of reoccurring arcs in any shounen but HxH does it better than Naruto and definitely better than Bleach.
Apr 11, 2012 3:56 AM

Apr 2012
*sigh of relief* Thank God Gon's hand was okay. =w= And now I can stop freaking out about Killua's hands all the time, ahahaha...

Bomber should be dead though. Either that or mutilated. But Gon won't do that, so... I'm glad Gon's still acting alright, anyways.

The next episode... that's it, right? ono I don't want this series to be over. I love it so much! D:
Apr 13, 2012 8:22 PM

Oct 2011
i-im so glad gon ! yay!
Jul 15, 2012 5:31 AM

Mar 2009
Zell182 said:
In my opinion it's the characters and their development that make this series so good. You're always going to get these sort of reoccurring arcs in any shounen but HxH does it better than Naruto and definitely better than Bleach.

Yes, this. And it's leaps and bounds above Togashi's other series(which I also loved), Yu Yu Hakusho. I mean, at its core, Yu Yu was basically tournament arc after tournament arc. Not that there's anything wrong with that, per se, as Togashi is damn good at writing tournament arcs. However, HxH is certainly more complex than that. Really, in contrast to other battle shonen out there, the big fights are few and far between.

Oh, and Hisoka.

Can't say I've seen people call HxH the best show ever, but I'd say it's one of the better shonen out there
Jun 8, 2017 7:23 PM

May 2012
Pretty interesting development and quite a nice buildup for the last episode! Let's see what's next.
Dec 7, 2017 5:14 AM

Mar 2016
You just got outsmarted by Gon, Gensuru. Now all he can do is lay on the ground staring at the sky as an L O S E R. I knew Gon's hand will be restored. He's the MC after all!

The next episode will be the last one...

May 2, 2018 12:31 AM
Apr 2018
I think what you consider "epic" has to do with personal maturity/age; if you're in the target audience that plays with yoyos and Janken, likes bugs, has a dog or a crush or goes on field trips with teachers, you will appreciate the inclusion tween bishies like Naruto and HxH give.

HxH started off well, but the main series cliffhanger and these OVAs are a little unfulfilling. I love Kurapika's arc and wanted more character development for Gon and the Spiders (who were basically dropped from the story completely), but he and Killua played dodgeball to collect trading cards in a video game instead. The ending to this is good, but the word "epic" is definitely subjective.
LightrebellionMay 2, 2018 1:07 AM
Nov 17, 2018 4:18 AM

Apr 2013
So... they are in the real world and those cards were made by the nen of Ging and his friends. And that healing card is able to restore body parts just like that? I mean who is Ging, Jesus? If nen is able to do such things casually without the user even being present, they definitely won't need hospitals anymore. As long as you don't die, you can be restored to 100% without any effort.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter: Greed Island Final Episode 14 Discussion

jcyui - Nov 15, 2011

23 by 1shwwn »»
Oct 31, 2022 4:31 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter: Greed Island Final Episode 8 Discussion

supermegasonic - Sep 1, 2011

10 by Atlas77 »»
Sep 9, 2022 11:32 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter: Greed Island Final Episode 7 Discussion

13 by Atlas77 »»
Sep 9, 2022 11:00 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter: Greed Island Final Episode 6 Discussion

8 by Atlas77 »»
Sep 9, 2022 12:17 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter: Greed Island Final Episode 5 Discussion

Antanaru - Jun 2, 2009

17 by Atlas77 »»
Sep 8, 2022 11:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.